Encounter in the forest

R-ME

The Force is Strong With This One
Back in 2012 I were tenting alone on a small rocky hill in a forest next to a lake here in Sweden. This was near my hometown. Walking through the terrain one sunny day I saw two snakes on the ground and I decided to pick one up. It was a black Vipera berus. It bit me in my right hand... stupid I know. Then after biting me a few more times I put it back on the ground, and it crawled away. In the evening or night I were on my way to the hospital in an ambulance. While in the hospital I had back pains, and my whole body, except my face, were swollen.

Anyways, I decided to go back one night to my tent, probably to collect some items, I don't really remember what.
I got whatever it was, and on my way back through the forest I saw someone running. I could only see it as being a black figure when suddenly its chest lits up. It were two separate glows, the left and right side of the chest. The color of this light were orange. I stood still pointing my flashlight at it and it just ran parallel to my path, perhaps 50-100 meters away. (I am not good at telling distances).

It didn't scare me, the one thing that is scary, is all the wild boars, and the noise they make at night especially when sleeping in a tent at night by this lake. I walked next into a gang of wild boars once and they started to run like crazy, me too.

c.a.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Wild Boars be scary, especially with siblings.

There here as well, and I walk lightly when I see, or sense their presents (within my vicinity).

Don't know what you saw (glowing eye's) or if there is an answer.

But good to hear though, that you faired through the experience.
Here's an article From P&M.

Fortean / Oddball News - 9/1/2010
Trolls in Sweden

I noticed that Jon Downes of Cryptozoology Online received an interesting email:

Dear Mr Downes,

My name is Camden Xiang, and I've followed the work of CFZ from time to time. I thought I'd draw your attention to the appended document, which contains a transcription of posts on the Swedish Internet forum Flashback, concerning sightings of trolls. I've myself translated the posts from the Swedish, trying not to "improve" on the quality. I've added comments where necessary in brackets. Some people's stories are developed in several different posts, so I've pieced them together. I've italicised English phrases occurring in the Swedish original.
Yours, Camden
Spjuit: [Note: the author lives in Ångermanland, in Northern Sweden]

R-ME

When you shone your light at the 'orange light man' were there any other features you could make out? Did it have a face?
I couldn't make out any face, it was too far away and it was too dark, even with my flashlight. It had legs, arms, torso, head. That and the lights is all I saw. I couldn't even see if it wore any clothes. It looked literally black but that could be because it was dark outside. It wasn't fat, seemed kind of slim and tall/normal size.

R-ME

Wild Boars be scary, especially with siblings.

There here as well, and I walk lightly when I see, or sense their presents (within my vicinity).

Don't know what you saw (glowing eye's) or if there is an answer.

But good to hear though, that you faired through the experience.
Here's an article From P&M.

Fortean / Oddball News - 9/1/2010
Trolls in Sweden

Thanks. And thanks for sharing the article c.a.

Oxajil

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Hi R-Me, sorry to hear about the snake bite!
I got whatever it was, and on my way back through the forest I saw someone running. I could only see it as being a black figure when suddenly its chest lits up. It were two separate glows, the left and right side of the chest. The color of this light were orange.
Perhaps one possibility is that it was someone hiking with a vest on that had lights in it, which he could turn on to scare off wild animals? Maybe he was running away from some wild boars. Or maybe jogging.

Also, have you read the book 'Missing 411'? Not to scare you or anything, but I think this type of knowledge would be helpful if you spend nights in a forest (just in case!).

Cleo

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
Perhaps one possibility is that it was someone hiking with a vest on that had lights in it, which he could turn on to scare off wild animals? Maybe he was running away from some wild boars. Or maybe jogging.
Yeah, maybe it could have been someone with a reflective safety vest on? There are a couple people in my neighborhood who wear a silver reflective safety vest when walking their dog in the early morning when it's still dark out. I know the first time I saw them on my drive to work in the morning, it was somewhat startling from far away-wasn't sure what I was seeing at first.

R-ME

I made a quick image in Paint 3D just show how big the lights were. The body is a pre-made model from the program.

encounter chestlight.jpg

Here is the location in Google maps:
Angen Lake in Sweden

Also, have you read the book 'Missing 411'? Not to scare you or anything, but I think this type of knowledge would be helpful if you spend nights in a forest (just in case!).
Looks like its eight books in a series by David Paulides. Is it those? I haven't read them.

Oxajil

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Looks like its eight books in a series by David Paulides. Is it those? I haven't read them.
Yeah. I checked Amazon, and the prices there are super high. You could order one on this website, or perhaps there is an online bookstore in Sweden where you could buy them from. You could maybe go for this one (Missing 411-North America and Beyond) of the series, as it includes cases from a few European countries. :-)

R-ME

Yeah. I checked Amazon, and the prices there are super high. You could order one on this website, or perhaps there is an online bookstore in Sweden where you could buy them from. You could maybe go for this one (Missing 411-North America and Beyond) of the series, as it includes cases from a few European countries. :-)
I'm not much of a reader so I watched the documentary 'Missing 411' yesterday instead, that is about 5 different children gone missing at different times, based upon the books. That will suffice for now. Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom