Encounter in the forest

SHNAGFNAY

Jedi Master
Back in 2012 I were tenting alone on a small rocky hill in a forest next to a lake here in Sweden. This was near my hometown. Walking through the terrain one sunny day I saw two snakes on the ground and I decided to pick one up. It was a black Vipera berus. It bit me in my right hand... stupid I know. Then after biting me a few more times I put it back on the ground, and it crawled away. In the evening or night I were on my way to the hospital in an ambulance. While in the hospital I had back pains, and my whole body, except my face, were swollen.

Anyways, I decided to go back one night to my tent, probably to collect some items, I don't really remember what.
I got whatever it was, and on my way back through the forest I saw someone running. I could only see it as being a black figure when suddenly its chest lits up. It were two separate glows, the left and right side of the chest. The color of this light were orange. I stood still pointing my flashlight at it and it just ran parallel to my path, perhaps 50-100 meters away. (I am not good at telling distances).

It didn't scare me, the one thing that is scary, is all the wild boars, and the noise they make at night especially when sleeping in a tent at night by this lake. I walked next into a gang of wild boars once and they started to run like crazy, me too.

Wild Boars be scary, especially with siblings.

There here as well, and I walk lightly when I see, or sense their presents (within my vicinity).

Don't know what you saw (glowing eye's) or if there is an answer.

But good to hear though, that you faired through the experience.
Here's an article From P&M.

Fortean / Oddball News - 9/1/2010
Trolls in Sweden

I noticed that Jon Downes of Cryptozoology Online received an interesting email:

Dear Mr Downes,

My name is Camden Xiang, and I've followed the work of CFZ from time to time. I thought I'd draw your attention to the appended document, which contains a transcription of posts on the Swedish Internet forum Flashback, concerning sightings of trolls. I've myself translated the posts from the Swedish, trying not to "improve" on the quality. I've added comments where necessary in brackets. Some people's stories are developed in several different posts, so I've pieced them together. I've italicised English phrases occurring in the Swedish original.
Yours, Camden
Spjuit: [Note: the author lives in Ångermanland, in Northern Sweden]

When you shone your light at the 'orange light man' were there any other features you could make out? Did it have a face?

I couldn't make out any face, it was too far away and it was too dark, even with my flashlight. It had legs, arms, torso, head. That and the lights is all I saw. I couldn't even see if it wore any clothes. It looked literally black but that could be because it was dark outside. It wasn't fat, seemed kind of slim and tall/normal size.

Hi R-Me, sorry to hear about the snake bite!
I got whatever it was, and on my way back through the forest I saw someone running. I could only see it as being a black figure when suddenly its chest lits up. It were two separate glows, the left and right side of the chest. The color of this light were orange.

Perhaps one possibility is that it was someone hiking with a vest on that had lights in it, which he could turn on to scare off wild animals? Maybe he was running away from some wild boars. Or maybe jogging.

Also, have you read the book 'Missing 411'? Not to scare you or anything, but I think this type of knowledge would be helpful if you spend nights in a forest (just in case!).

Perhaps one possibility is that it was someone hiking with a vest on that had lights in it, which he could turn on to scare off wild animals? Maybe he was running away from some wild boars. Or maybe jogging.

Yeah, maybe it could have been someone with a reflective safety vest on? There are a couple people in my neighborhood who wear a silver reflective safety vest when walking their dog in the early morning when it's still dark out. I know the first time I saw them on my drive to work in the morning, it was somewhat startling from far away-wasn't sure what I was seeing at first.

I made a quick image in Paint 3D just show how big the lights were. The body is a pre-made model from the program.

encounter chestlight.jpg

Here is the location in Google maps:
Angen Lake in Sweden

Also, have you read the book 'Missing 411'? Not to scare you or anything, but I think this type of knowledge would be helpful if you spend nights in a forest (just in case!).

Looks like its eight books in a series by David Paulides. Is it those? I haven't read them.

Looks like its eight books in a series by David Paulides. Is it those? I haven't read them.

Yeah. I checked Amazon, and the prices there are super high. You could order one on this website, or perhaps there is an online bookstore in Sweden where you could buy them from. You could maybe go for this one (Missing 411-North America and Beyond) of the series, as it includes cases from a few European countries. :-)

Yeah. I checked Amazon, and the prices there are super high. You could order one on this website, or perhaps there is an online bookstore in Sweden where you could buy them from. You could maybe go for this one (Missing 411-North America and Beyond) of the series, as it includes cases from a few European countries. :-)

I'm not much of a reader so I watched the documentary 'Missing 411' yesterday instead, that is about 5 different children gone missing at different times, based upon the books. That will suffice for now. Thanks for your input.

A similar, and recent story of an on ground encounter in Taos NM, passed on by David.
Taos News: Posted Friday, September 6, 2019 8:46 pm
20190906-203211-Brinkley%20sketch%20web.jpg

Josh Brinkley of Santa Fe shows the sketch he made of strange figures he spotted while out bow hunting for elk near Cerro de la Olla northwest of Taos Sunday (Sept. 1).

Bow hunters Josh Brinkley and Daniel Lucero, dressed in camouflage gear, looked a little uncomfortable sitting in chairs at a local newspaper.

The Santa Fe County residents had just come into Taos after several days in rugged terrain near Cerro de la Olla, also called Pot Mountain, northwest of town near Ute Mountain.

They had a strange tale to tell and they weren’t sure of their reception.

“We’re a couple of guys that don’t believe in much, but we believe now,” Brinkley said.
They went hunting for elk.

They encountered aliens or something else so strange they don’t know what to call it.

Brinkley, 41, said he’s been going to the Pot Mountain area hunting for 15 years. He had never seen anything particularly odd.

He said he works construction and on movie sets. He’s a family guy who doesn’t want anyone to think he’s crazy.

He and Lucero have worked together for eight years.

They say they aren’t prone to seeing things and didn’t particularly believe in aliens.

Odd figures

Opening morning of bow hunting season was Sunday (Sept. 1). The two men had gone a couple of days early to scout the area for elk. Lucero, 26, had never been there.

They set up along the tree line on different sides of a field and waited. After three hours and no elk, Brinkley became restless. It was about 9:30 a.m.

“I take off walking, creeping around through the woods, looking for elk,” Brinkley said.

He reached the top of the mountain where there’s a caldera, a kind of wide bowl left behind by a collapsed volcano. He went to the edge on the southwest side. As he walked to the edge he noticed two figures on his side of the caldera. He thought at first they were hunters.

But, they were “very tall shapes of these beings, standing side by side, staring right at me,” he said.

He walked toward them across the brushy field. He estimates they were about 35 yards away. As a bow hunter, where measuring distance is critical to hitting a target, he said he’s pretty adept at it. He went around the bush and looked again. The figures were gone.

He looked around and didn't see them. “Figured I would talk to them. They were gone, just gone,” Brinkley said.

He thought more about what he had seen: With their lower half concealed by bushes in the caldera, he had only seen them from the waist up. "The shape that would be like their heads, it looked like they had huge hoods on. It looked like two ribbons coming off either side to a point at the top and bottom (like a banana). The right side was black, left side was white and a little shiny. Torsos were kind of black, I couldn’t see many details. It definitely looked like clothes. In middle of the oval was just gray.”

He thought maybe it was the back of hunters' heads. “But it looked too strange, too crazy.”

Later, he drew what he could remember of them in a leather bound sketchbook he carries with him. And he drew what he saw next.

Weirded out

Brinkley hurried back to where Lucero was still waiting. Still no elk. “I was a little weirded out,” he told his friend.

He told Lucero he had seen a couple of hunters and that’s probably what had scared off the elk. He couldn’t bring himself at first to say what he might have just imagined.

They went back to camp. “I couldn’t take it any more,” Brinkley said. “I told him what I saw was weird. They were too tall, their heads were too big to be hunters.”

“Anyone who knows me knows I don’t tell these weird stories.”

Lucero said he had known something was up when Brinkley had walked quickly and noisily up to his position at the field. Normally his friend is quiet, a hunter’s slower, more measured speed through the bushes.

After Brinkley told him, Lucero felt a little weird, too. “I didn’t know what to believe,” Lucero said.
Brinkley kind of wrote off what he saw.

A strange structure

On Labor Day (Sept. 2), they headed out again to hunt early in the morning and hiked all around the area. No elk. They got back to their Jeep at about 2:30 p.m.

“We couldn’t figure out why there was no elk,” Brinkley said.

They decided to drive to the other side of the mountain and see if there were other hunters or four-wheelers scaring off the elk. As they drove, the men saw no signs of any wildlife at all, they said.

They drove about 10 minutes, when they saw it. They both work with movie sets. At first they thought it was a movie base camp. “It’s this big tent structure, like a circus tent, 50-60 feet tall. Coming off the left of it was this long building, almost like what you would build for an archery lane for target practice. It was a third the height, but really long, maybe a couple hundred feet.”

They were about a quarter mile away and couldn’t see the bottom of the structure.

They watched it for about a minute as they drove.

“What is it,” he asked Lucero, “a base camp for a movie? Or are they building an alien ship set?”

They drove down a little hill, lost sight of the structure for at most five seconds, Brinkley said.

“When we topped the hill, it was gone. Just gone.”

Lucero said he was watching it the whole time while Brinkley drove except for those few seconds. “There was no dust, there was nothing,” Lucero said.

They drove around the area searching for what they had seen until dark.
Nothing.

“I just know it was real," Brinkley said. "It was huge and white and then gone.”

‘Profoundly unsettling’

When the two men reached a place with cell signal, they told a few friends what they had seen. They thought about calling the Air Force. A friend put them in touch with Peter Davenport, longtime executive director of the National UFO Reporting Center in Washington state.

Davenport confirmed they had called him. “It was a dramatic story,” he said. “If it is true, it is profoundly unsettling.”

He said out of the thousands of calls he gets every year about supposed alien sightings, they rarely describe seeing aliens on the ground.
They aren’t the first hunters to see something they can’t explain. Four hunters in Challis, Idaho, in 2000 described having a large triangular craft hover a couple of hundred feet above them before moving off over the mountains.

After listening to some 350,000 phone calls over 25 years, Davenport thinks he can tell those that are credible.
This was one of them, he said.

Brinkley and Lucero said they weren’t drinking and weren’t on drugs.

The hardest thing is telling their story. “People probably think we are insane,” Brinkley said
He said he didn’t believe in UFOs. “I sure do now,” he said.

Lucero said he doesn’t know about aliens. “I just know I’ve never seen anything that big just disappear.”

“The two aliens, you can say I imagined that. But you cannot explain something that big just — gone,” Brinkley said.

After telling their strange tale, the hunters did what they came to do - go try one more time to find elk.

Last edited:
At one time I was really into sleeping outside during the summer months in rural areas. There is something about that, that lends itself to encounters of high strangeness. There are "things" that don't come into the towns and cities. A lone person sleeping in the wild might attract the curiosity of some other sorts of beings.

Run time: / 33:32

Gargoyle-in-the-woods.jpg

It was around 10 years ago, when someone encountered something from out of the ordinary. The event took place alongside Uvas Creek located in California. During the time, this anonymous person said they were living in Gilroy, CA.

It was the later part of summer, when they heard screams coming further down the running stream. Uvas Creek stretches about 30 miles south from Loma Prieta peak in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Saw one of those red sphere in 2011, Came straigth down from way above earth, leveled and flew south. Called my daugther just in time to bring the I phone and she took a picture. here it is. I can enlarge it with my computer, you see distinctly a sphere inside the orange halo. If someone can enlarge it, I'm still not good with computer. April 2012, so much appenned then.

Attachments

• ovni 7 avril 2012.jpg
    ovni 7 avril 2012.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 23
For me, the weirdest thing about your story is that you picked up a snake, and then when it bit you, you let it bite you "a few more times" before dropping it.

Back
Top Bottom