"Enjoying The Show" As The World Burns

Joe

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Question preamble: The Cs have said many times over the years that we should "sit back and enjoy the show". Part of the "show" right now is a genocide in Gaza, which is actively and openly supported and facilitated by the USA and other Western "democracies".

Question: Assuming this trend is to continue, what perspective should we take on the suffering and death of many innocent people in order to "enjoy" such a show?

Question preamble: The Cs have said many times over the years that we should "sit back and enjoy the show". Part of the "show" right now is a genocide in Gaza, which is actively and openly supported and facilitated by the USA and other Western "democracies".

Question: Assuming this trend is to continue, what perspective should we take on the suffering and death of many innocent people in order to "enjoy" such a show?

Good one to ask I think. One answer that comes to mind is that part of the "enjoyment" might be the experience of growth, individually and collectively, coming out of us wrestling with these terrible questions and feelings, this tension between powerlessness and the wish to do something. I sometimes feel similar when reading about history, particularly the many atrocities and the unfairness and injustice and lies on display. Makes my blood boil. Of course the difference is that we can't do anything about history. Or can we? By learning about it, by staring the beast in the face, don't we give it meaning, and change the meaning of it? Doesn't that also, in some sense, mean we are doing something about those injustices and atrocities in the past: by trying to understand the situation as best we can without flinching? And isn't this true for the atrocities of the present as well? Well it's a very small consolation, and all of this raises more questions than answers, so fwiw.

Good one to ask I think. One answer that comes to mind is that part of the "enjoyment" might be the experience of growth, individually and collectively, coming out of us wrestling with these terrible questions and feelings, this tension between powerlessness and the wish to do something. I sometimes feel similar when reading about history, particularly the many atrocities and the unfairness and injustice and lies on display. Makes my blood boil. Of course the difference is that we can't do anything about history. Or can we? By learning about it, by staring the beast in the face, don't we give it meaning, and change the meaning of it? Doesn't that also, in some sense, mean we are doing something about those injustices and atrocities in the past: by trying to understand the situation as best we can without flinching? And isn't this true for the atrocities of the present as well? Well it's a very small consolation, and all of this raises more questions than answers, so fwiw.

Wondered about this as well, many times. How can we be expected to "enjoy the show" - if so much of what we're witnessing and understand to be happening is so horrible? Well, the C's have to know that about us; what our collective experience is of watching the slow and fast-motion carnage. They have to know, too, that it can be deeply affecting, painful, and even, sometimes, agonizing. So I think that "having been there and done that" (experienced some version of what we're now seeing from our own perspective) - they know that our having a future partially depends on not being overly identified with what's occurring. We can't allow ourselves to be so traumatized, in other words, that we shut down, split off, or otherwise succumb to something like transmarginal inhibition, and in so doing, become ineffective receivers, transducers of energy, etc.

On the other end of the spectrum, we can't be so detached, indifferent, apathetic, etc. - that we do not allow world and personal events to not touch us and spur us on in some significant and constructive way. With this in mind the definition of "enjoy" seems to get broadened beyond "entertained". Maybe "enriched" comes a bit closer - all the while finding the healthiest balance of giving/receiving love, being engaged here, and learning about the world, as possible.

Wondered about this as well, many times. How can we be expected to "enjoy the show" - if so much of what we're witnessing and understand to be happening is so horrible?
I also think it is a good question as the expression is puzzling and Luc and Ennio have given good input to navigating it. In looking up the etymology of enjoy, I found one way of using it which could perhaps be applied here. [bolded part]
enjoy (v.)

late 14c., enjoien, "rejoice, be glad" (intransitive), from stem of Old French enjoir "give joy, rejoice, take delight in," from en- "make" (see en- (1)) + joir "enjoy," from Latin gaudere "rejoice" (see joy (n.), and compare joy (v.), which is the older verb).

The sense of "have the use or benefit of" (property) is recorded from early 15c.; also in this sense enjoice (c. 1400), replacing native brook (v.). The transitive meaning "take pleasure in" is from mid-15c.

It tends to lose its connection with pleasure: media photo captions say someone enjoys an ice cream cone, etc., when all she is certainly doing is eating it, and Wright's "English Dialect Dictionary" (1900) reports widespread use in north and west England of the phrase to enjoy bad health for one who has ailments.
In that bolded part it appears to be more in the way of weathering something like knowing that a storm is upon us and that we have to bear it as it is not something which can be avoided. Bear it but not to get lost in it. Bearing witness to what is happening in the world is suffering and staying with 'our heads above water' and not go under in the whirlwind of negative emotions might help to tune the antennas.

There is another use of the word enjoying which caught my eye and could be added to the last bit above:
fruition (n.)

early 15c., "act of enjoying," from Old French fruition and directly from Late Latin fruitionem (nominative fruitio) "enjoyment," noun of action from past-participle stem of Latin frui "to use, enjoy" (from PIE root *bhrug- "to enjoy"). Sense of "act or state of bearing fruit," resisted by dictionary editors, is attested by 1885, from association with fruit (n.); figuratively in this sense from 1889.
Perhaps through this phase of "enjoy the show", it is also something which leads to a fruition of things, as in harvest. One could see this "act of enjoying" as a ripening process leading to fruition from the cleansing taking place. The cleansing process itself helps to discern things by applying the concept of "by their fruit shall you know them".

One answer that comes to mind is that part of the "enjoyment" might be the experience of growth, individually and collectively, coming out of us wrestling with these terrible questions and feelings, this tension between powerlessness and the wish to do something.
This reminded me of that one C's quote about joy and pleasure, joy is of the soul, which doesn't necessarily mean it's a pleasant experience. Perhaps an analogy to enjoying the show is akin to the satisfaction one feels after a painful workout session, or a difficult building project. So, maybe another answer is that the joy comes from the attitude of being aware there's something being accomplished despite the pain experienced. Taking a longer view, factoring in more than what's immediately visible.

It still will not be pleasant, because I think that's impossible, but one may realize there's more at play and that can change the perspective and "enjoy" what one is witnessing. Like watching a scary or suspenseful movie, one can become invested in the story enough for it to be moving and garner appropriate emotional responses (for without them one would miss the point of watching the movie in the first place, so the detachment can't be complete or too cynical), but one is also aware that it's just a show. Or maybe, to match the intensity, it's like watching someone you care about go through withdrawal, you want it to stop, you know it's painful, and it hurts you, but you also know it's necessary, so there's a part of you that knows that despite the pain.. something is taking place.

Edit: I thought of a bit more context to clarify the point I was trying to make.

Last edited:
But if you're going to get an answer on the number of people familiar, to one extent or another, with the Cs material, we'd have to frame the question in terms of one extent or the other, i.e. from basic awareness of something called Cassiopaeans, to someone who is very familiar with the concepts. So I suppose we could ask two questions, or just stick with how many people have a decent understanding of the core concepts.
But then the second question would get us an answer which would include most forum/FOTCM members. So, maybe we could also differentiate that, add a bit of specificity maybe, start basic and ask: how many people outside of the forum, in 3D earth (if we must get specific) are aware of Laura's communication with the C's? and then how many of those have a decent understanding of the core concepts.

Which made me think of a possible question, and is a separate idea, but as I was typing this I was reminded that the C's once mentioned that they were also in communication with the "quorum". Maybe another question could be if they communicate with other groups on earth, and if quorum are aware of this communication with the C's.

This reminded me of that one C's quote about joy and pleasure, joy is of the soul, which doesn't necessarily mean it's a pleasant experience. Perhaps an analogy to enjoying the show is akin to the satisfaction one feels after a painful workout session, or a difficult building project. So, maybe another answer is that the joy comes from the attitude of being aware there's something being accomplished despite the pain experienced. Taking a longer view, factoring in more than what's immediately visible.

It still will not be pleasant, because I think that's impossible, but one may realize there's more at play and that can change the perspective and "enjoy" what one is witnessing. Like watching a scary or suspenseful movie, one can become invested in the story enough for it to be moving and garner appropriate emotional responses (for without them one would miss the point of watching the movie in the first place, so the detachment can't be complete or too cynical), but one is also aware that it's just a show. Or maybe, to match the intensity, it's like watching someone you care about go through withdrawal, you want it to stop, you know it's painful, and it hurts you, but you also know it's necessary, so there's a part of you that knows that despite the pain.. something is taking place.

Edit: I thought of a bit more context to clarify the point I was trying to make.

In that case, the word "enjoy" really shouldn't have been used.

I will be looking forward to the answer to this question. It's been on my mind a lot.

In the same context, and since life is a school, I don't understand what the lesson is that we are supposed to be learning. In school at least, one gets a curriculum of what is expected at each level of learning. Not in life.

1) Are we here to See the "horror of the situation" so that we can opt to never ever come to 3D Earth again?

And/or

2) There is as much good to life here as there is evil, so there must be a reason we live in this duality. The C's have talked of two possible levels of advancement being available to us: following a more dedicated STO or STS way of being and moving into a 4D reality. They also said:

When "Earth" becomes a 4th density realm, all the forces, both STS and STO shall be in direct contact with one another... It will be a "level playing field", thus, balanced.

Is the "horror show" we witness part of the lessons necessary for a "stronger" alignment with either the STS or STO way of being, and a means through which we reach the awareness of reality that is necessary for 4D preparation?

And/or

3) Apart from the suffering being created by the actual killing and maiming of people, the rest of us are being exposed to images, actions, ideologies and perversions extremely savage, they would never enter - or be entertained by - the mind of a normal human being under normal conditions. It feels like having evil shoved down our throat, not just what is happening in Gaza, but Hollywood revelations, the vaccinations, the LGBTwhatever agenda, etc. Is this an attempt of evil to keep feeding on our negative emotions while also defiling our souls?

And/or

4)?

And there must be a bunch of questions about that "level playing field" and all it entails, but enough for me for now.

It took me a couple of hours to formulate the above and I feel I did it poorly, so if anyone understands what I am trying to say, I'd greatly appreciate it if you help me word the above better, provided that this line of questions is interesting to others too.

1) Are we here to See the "horror of the situation" so that we can opt to never ever come to 3D Earth again?

I have, before now, thought that that was possibly a part of the equation.

Is the "horror show" we witness part of the lessons necessary for a "stronger" alignment with either the STS or STO way of being, and a means through which we reach the awareness of reality that is necessary for 4D preparation?

This ties in to the part above.

3) Apart from the suffering being created by the actual killing and maiming of people, the rest of us are being exposed to images, actions, ideologies and perversions extremely savage, they would never enter - or be entertained by - the mind of a normal human being under normal conditions. It feels like having evil shoved down our throat, not just what is happening in Gaza, but Hollywood revelations, the vaccinations, the LGBTwhatever agenda, etc. Is this an attempt of evil to keep feeding on our negative emotions while also defiling our souls?

I'd say that fits with the Cs cosmology/nature of life.

It took me a couple of hours to formulate the above and I feel I did it poorly, so if anyone understands what I am trying to say, I'd greatly appreciate it if you help me word the above better, provided that this line of questions is interesting to others too.

The thing is, I think most of us here would agree everything you say is accurate, but it only strengthens the question (how can we enjoy this?) as opposed to providing an answer.

I also had a go at writing a more systematic and exploratory post, looking at ideas of 'definition of enjoy', 'interpretation of enjoy', 'limiting emotions', 'karma', Bill Hicks philosophy of 'It's just a ride', and by the end I was no closer to any sort of answer to Joe's question. I went and cleaned the kitchen to meditate on it and that's when the idea hit me that went something like this:

If we were able to philosophise ourselves, as a group, into a position where we could enjoy everything that's going on in our reality, how different would we be from psychopaths? So I thought, only a psychopath could enjoy the show that the Israelis are putting on.

I suppose the difference would be that we don't, or wouldn't, go around hurting other people for our own amusement. But we'd be getting amusement from psychopaths hurting others. So again, what would be the difference between us and them?

I think all this points towards the answer being something to do with interpretation of the phrase: "Enjoy the show".

The C's tend to say it when session participants are expressing feelings of depression, demoralisation, stress, obsession with a particular situation or topic. I think this tells us that the C's don't think it's good for us to get stuck in these kinds of negative emotional states/obsessions. Enjoy the show seems to be an appeal to perspective - a way to snap us out of the terror of situation in order to free-up or conserve energy.

I don't think enjoy the show means that we should grab the popcorn, put on al Jazeera and have a good laugh. I think it means take in what news and events you can, feel it, acknowledge it, but don't let it become an obsession, don't let it spiral you down into the depths, because all you're really doing there is taking what's going on and making it about you. Step back and remember there's grander plans going on that you can't really grasp.

The thing is, I think most of us here would agree everything you say is accurate, but it only strengthens the question (how can we enjoy this?) as opposed to providing an answer.

I also had a go at writing a more systematic and exploratory post, looking at ideas of 'definition of enjoy', 'interpretation of enjoy', 'limiting emotions', 'karma', Bill Hicks philosophy of 'It's just a ride', and by the end I was no closer to any sort of answer to Joe's question. I went and cleaned the kitchen to meditate on it and that's when the idea hit me that went something like this:

If we were able to philosophise ourselves, as a group, into a position where we could enjoy everything that's going on in our reality, how different would we be from psychopaths? So I thought, only a psychopath could enjoy the show that the Israelis are putting on.

I suppose the difference would be that we don't, or wouldn't, go around hurting other people for our own amusement. But we'd be getting amusement from psychopaths hurting others. So again, what would be the difference between us and them?

I think all this points towards the answer being something to do with interpretation of the phrase: "Enjoy the show".

The C's tend to say it when session participants are expressing feelings of depression, demoralisation, stress, obsession with a particular situation or topic. I think this tells us that the C's don't think it's good for us to get stuck in these kinds of negative emotional states/obsessions. Enjoy the show seems to be an appeal to perspective - a way to snap us out of the terror of situation in order to free-up or conserve energy.

I don't think enjoy the show means that we should grab the popcorn, put on al Jazeera and have a good laugh. I think it means take in what news and events you can, feel it, acknowledge it, but don't let it become an obsession, don't let it spiral you down into the depths, because all you're really doing there is taking what's going on and making it about you. Step back and remember there's grander plans going on that you can't really grasp.

Excellently put, IMO.

I agree that we all can and have come up with pretty good answers on this topic, and they all just feel like different flavours of cope.

My take in this case is that the "show" is all that we see, good and bad, and it is grand in the same way that nature is beautiful, despite it mostly been made up of things trying to brutally kill or parasitically feed off each other.

Very interested in the C's take on this. One the one hand our humanity drives us forward, but on the other hand developing as a soul requires expanding one's perspective. Should we aim to expand our perspective of good and evil, and would it be at all healthy to develop such a state of equanimity?

I think the enjoy the show remark was given in certain contexts. There are other instances where the C's gave warnings about things being unpleasant. I don't think they had in mind enjoying watching a live genocide with children being tortured and killed.

What comes to my mind is the following:

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.
I was lost in translation with the word "awful", which to my knowledge of English meant something like the horrible grace of God. Then I looked it up and realized it meant "awe". Which made me think of the Cs answer to something similar Laura asked in the past and the Cs made reference to "ecstasy"

Q: (L) Are they going to have the kind of capability of controlling everything and everybody no matter where they are?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) Even if we moved to Guyana and built a log hut in the rain forest and didn't bother anybody, we'd still get sucked into this thing?

A: Laura you will feel the effect of the Lizard beings desperate push for total control no matter where you go.

Q: (L) That is inexpressibly depressing. Do you understand?

A: Why? Change will follow.

Q: (L) Will it follow soon?

A: You are slipping a bit. Refer to Literature "Bringers of the Dawn". Challenge will be ecstasy if viewed with proper perspective which is not, we repeat: not of third level reality, understand?

Q: (L) In the reference cited, Joan of Arc is described as feeling ecstatic while burning at the stake. Is that what you mean?

A: Sort of, but you need not burn at the stake.

Q: (L) That's small comfort. There's other ways to die.

A: We are not speaking of death, Laura. If you listen to those who are firmly rooted in 3rd level this is when you run the risk of slipping in your knowledge learned no matter how good the intentions i.e. L*** {Laura’s then husband, now ex-husband}.

Q: (L) What do you mean about L***?

A: Guyana.

Q: (L) What do you mean "Challenge will be ecstasy"? What sort of challenge?

A: Living through the turmoil ahead.
Q: (L) Well, as Chloe said on the phone the other day, what are we supposed to awaken to? Are we supposed to just awaken to the fact that we can SEE all this stuff going on?

Q: (L) And just waking up and seeing it is the whole thing? Okay, once we wake up and SEE it, why can't we just check out at that point? If you know what the script is, you don't have to watch the movie!

A: But then you miss out on the experience.

Q: (L) So, we are all here to experience being munched and crunched...

A: No.

Q: (L) Imprisoned, controlled, being treated like rats in a cage in a laboratory...

A: Ecstasy, remember?

Q: (L) Ecstasy?! WELL SWELL! We can just ALL be BURNED AT THE STAKE! I understand that is QUITE an ECSTATIC experience! I'm sure William Wallace felt perfectly ecstatic when they castrated him and removed his bowels and burned them in a brazier in front of his face!

A: Not so long ago, your face smashed upon the pavement...

Q: (L) Was that an ecstatic experience?

Q: (L) So, when you say 'ecstatic' you could just be talking about jumping out a window and croaking?! You gotta understand here! The perspective here on 3rd density! You don't have faces to smash on pavements!

A: Neither will/do you/us.

Q: (A) You say knowledge protects. It protects against WHAT?

A: Many things. One example: post transformational trauma and confusion.

Q: (L) So, knowledge is going to protect us against post transformational trauma and confusion. You are saying that this transition to 4th density is going to be traumatic and confusing. Do you mean transformation from 3rd to 4th density, or 3rd to 5th density, i.e. death?

A: Both.

Q: (L) So, if one does not have the shock and trauma and the confusion and so forth, one is then able to function better?

Q: (L) Well, if a person transitions directly from 3rd to 4th density without cycling through 5th density via dying, that implies that persons can transition directly from 3rd to 4th density without dying. Is that correct?

Q: (L) How does that feel? How is that experience...

A: Alice through the looking glass.

Q: (A) Okay, they say that knowledge is supposed to protect from trauma and confusion. On the other hand, all is lessons, so trauma is a lesson. Why are we supposed to work to avoid a lesson?

A: You are correct, it is a lesson, but if you have foreknowledge, you are learning that lesson early, and in a different way.

Q: (L) So, if you learn the lesson in a different way, does that mitigate the need or the way or the process of the way of learning at the time of transition?

A: Yes. Smoother.

Q: (L) I do have to say that thinking about it all, not being able to do anything about it, not being able to talk to people about it because they don't believe, is certainly more painful than being hit by the shock of it...

A: No.

Back
Top Bottom