Eric Pepin - Higher Balance Institute - Discussion

I find Ark's bit, "we're good at spotting NLP" interesting. I attended a couple of introductory courses to NLP some years ago, and I own a few books on the matter. And I've also read lots about the people who "invented" NLP and their ties to certain institutions, and I think I have a pretty good idea of who are the people who teach NLP here and to whom they relate.

I mention this because, as I understand it, parts of the effectiveness of NLP rests on others not being aware that one is using NLP methods. Second, I have seen that it is difficult to impossible to spot the use of NLP if one does not have an equivalent formation, be it in rhetoric, psychology or an affine science/art.

NLP is what I'd call a "guarded" art. At least where I attended, not everybody is allowed to continue their formation beyond a certain level. The head of the institute interviewed each of us after the second course. I was given an OK to continue, subject to meeting certain conditions. No reason was given to me, but I think that this had to do with me having been in therapy before. At first I thought that having been in therapy made me in some way "deviant", somebody who in their opinion could not really be trusted to wield such a powerful art. It may have been the reason, but maybe there is something more behind the decision ?

My very subjective take: somebody in the course asked one of the instructors if it would be possible to learn NLP on one's own, by reading books and putting to practice what can be read there. The answer given was that of course one could learn the theory of NLP from books, but that in order to really understand NLP one must go thru certain trance states, and this was only possible during the various sessions of the subsequent courses, under the guidance of the instructors. Sounds reasonable. After all, how could anybody understand how to induce trance states without having experienced one first-hand ?

Now, what if having been thru therapy is not so much a sign of "deviance" (IMHO it is hard work on self), but gives one some basic insights about self which makes one more resistent to induction of trance and post-trance suggestions which are not in the interest of the so induced person ? I think that NLP can be exceedingly dangerous in the hands of irresponsible people, and that is also what one learns in NLP school, just as one learns in martial arts school that you never attack other people. Sounds reasonable until one realizes that most govt people in higher positions are trained in NLP, and that "special forces" of police and armies are all trained in NLP in addition to martial arts. All these people use martial arts as well as NLP in agressive ways, to subjugate other people. I don't know how else to describe irresponsible use of arts/methods.

Because of this I've come to the tentative conclusion that the trance inductions in NLP school are not only to further one's understanding of the subject-matter, but that they probably "lock" the people who they train against using the art against the PTB. P'haps such a "lock" would hold less strong on people like me ? In retrospect, I also /conjecture/ that another thing that got me into hot water was asking if any commonalities could existed between the use of language of the church and NLP, it there was the possibility that NLP was not an "invention" but merely a rediscovery and formalization in more modern and concise terms of arts which the church has been using for millenia.

I intend to continue learning NLP when money permits, BTW. Any comments/responses welcome.

lifeglance said:
Have a few questions. Wiley, have you gone through any other HBI courses? [...] I'd like to pick your brain if you don't mind?
Then please set up your own web site, start your own forum, and go discuss the ins and outs of HBI there. If you want to discuss it here, then go do your homework, do a comparison with our work, and share that with our members.

We are not interested in subjective impressions or feelings. We are interested in data that can be compared and correlated with what we already have collected. If that is too difficult or time-consuming, then this is obviously not the site or forum for you. That is what is.

This forum is not an open discussion board on anything and everything. We have an aim and an approach that is not for everyone.

lifeglance said:
Also Henry, you mentioned to alpha, "If you had done your homework, you would understand that the type of teaching you are promoting has been discussed ad nauseum."

Would you be kind enough to point me toward that info?
You can start here, an article that discusses another "guru-at-a-distance".

And read carefully Ark's reply to you.

Handbook of the Navigator

Thanks Henry. I am currently compiling a comparison of the information found in the book compared to the information in Gurdgeiff's In Search of the Miraculous, and Beezelbub's Tales to his Grandson.

Alpha and awakeningentity, you must understand that 'holy horses' do get knocked over frequently in real life, and especially on this forum.
The question is, are the horses still holy after being critically analyzed by unbiased and objective individuals?

Even before i started on this forum, and was trying to introduce HB material and philosophies to my friends, family and girlfriend, i got a rude awakening. They weren't buying into that stuff. Maybe I I had no substantial/solid proof, of my experiences which I was busily marketing to them. Everything was subjective. Then the 'justification/ denial programs' started kicking in. I started thinking in an egotistical manner.
I was thinking to myself "Well, maybe they are not as advanced as me. They are living in a 'virtual reality' (as alpha mentions), they are just ignorant"
But luckily, i hadn't been fully indoctrinated/ brainwashed yet. There was a part of me which actually wasn't totally convinced as to the validity of the claims made. One night, after an argument with my girlfriend and some friends about the validity of HB and trying to prove that it's not a cult, I asked myself "What if they're right, and I'm just in denial? What if they are the ones seeing it clearly from an outsider's perspective, for what it really is?, and i'm the one with foggy glasses?"

The reality is that what is termed 'common sense' isn't common. I think it involves a healthy skepticism which i was lacking, therefore, was easily 'baited'.

So what did i do? I called the HB staff, and presented those questions. I got a nerve-soothing response that can be summarized as "the material presented by HBI is very far ahead and cutting edge and many people aren't ready for it". That sort of made me feel better. That can be likened to getting a 'fix' from a drug if the effects start to wear out.

But the observer in me pointed out that i was acting like this:
a protestant Christian getting into an argument with a Buddhist, (who provides a completely different perspective to my conditioned ideals and deeply rooted beliefs), about whether believing in Jesus Christ and accepting him as our lord and saviour will lead us to 'everlasting life in the kingdom of heaven', and not doing so will lead to eternal damnation (or non-believers will all burn in hell). When a different paradigm/perspective is provided by the Buddhist, the fallacy of the Protestant's programming comes into full view. The protestant then thinks that his faith has been challenged, or might have to twisted logic that his faith isn't enough to convert the 'poor damned heathen'.The protestant then either amps up his argument by going into a subjective loop. Or goes to the pastor/preacher for support/further programming so as to have a more calculated response for such questioning.

I was basically a new age version of a protestant Christian. I never sat down to objectively analyze the material put out by HB. I was just regurgitating what I heard on the cds (the stuff said felt so right). But when faced with solid questioning, I was lost. This forum shocked me. The stuff being said didn't feel 'nice' but when investigated, were true. The truth exposes lies and false conditioning.

I do admit, it can be a rude awakening, as i have experienced. I was like you (alpha wheel and awakeningentity)once. Everything 'felt' right, but i've been with 2 other programs in the past (Centerpointe and Self Realization Fellowship) in the past, and they also 'felt' right.
But what has feeling to do with understanding truth and any real spiritual progress?
Please read those previous posts on the topic, specifically Laura's responses on the 2 pages:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1710
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1710&p=2

If you read my last post, i mentioned that many sales individuals use NLP and its components, whether written, or spoken, to influence peoples decisions and to incite 'knee-jerk' emotional reactions. The truth does not need marketing.

Notice that HB could easily create a forum so that individuals could discuss the system, and become a network, a sort of 'mirror group', to substantiate claims of 'profound spiritual experiences' made. But they haven't created a forum. I think that's a deliberate attempt to discourage objective and analytical discussion of the philosophy and teachings of the organization, whether the techniques taught are really unique and whether they are complete unto themselves (albeit stand alone), and other pertinent issues.

Once an organization has enough 'subjective' followers/participants who are of the conviction that the organization 'feels' right and that the leader/founder is sincere enough to suspend their critical thinking, then it has become similar in nature to a church, who have enough coverted individuals to come to their blind defense with their indoctrinated and dogmatic beliefs and convictions.

The question I have to alpha_wheel and awakeningentity is this: Have any of you substantiated or validated the claims made by HB? Have you analyzed the material being presented in an unbiased (3rd party) and objective perspective/point of view?

Why is the material all recorded, with no written transcript available to the followers/participant? How do any of you know whether there is NLP being used? What if Eric's melodious voice affects persons so that they feel good, and ultimately stop using their critical thinking and analytical faculties? What if the 'feel good', nice buzz that one gets after listening to the material is a form of spiritual drug, which only misleads you and puts you into a deeper sleep? (I must admit, I was for a while convinced that the information I obtained was superior whatever was 'out there'. Boy was I in for a rude awakening after reading about Greenbaum, psychopaths and NLP and many of the articles (among others) on the Cassiopaea, QFG and SOTT websites.

henry said:
This statement shows you understand nothing of the hyperdimensional reality in which we live. We are all being manipulated on levels that we can't comprehend. Thoughts, ideas, feelings and impressions can be implanted in us in order to influence our thinking and feelings. That is why a group is needed, a group where our impressions can be compared with others.
The founder claims that his source of information is the universe, and his organization discounts channeling. They also downplay spiritual 'possession', making it seem as if there are really no 'negative entities' per say. It's common sense to have a working knowledge of any new terrain, especially of the dangers and traps, before venturing in blindly, unaware and ill equipped. Any reader of the Cass, SOTT and QFG material would have an idea that the spiritual/ hyperdimensional realms are loaded with dead dudes, negative and positive entities, and various types of beings, that is why it's essential to validate subjective claims made, via mirror groups or networks.

I don't think there is a 'quick' or 'miracle' course or system of meditation to explore the complexities of hyperdimensional reality. I think it's just preposterous to guarantee people that they will experience hyperdimensional reality just by purchasing some audio lectures on CD, and following their meditation system.

I missed the development of this thread. Much has been said, and since there is much to say in return, I will only at this point reply to alpha_wheel's first post. Please, forgive the lengthy ramble, nevertheless.

alpha_wheel said:
if your notion of spirituality is only about deconstructing the way a system must reach out to people through advertising or making bold statements... i think you perhaps lack the ability to take things in on a large scale and could use a dose of perspective.
So where do you come to that conclusion? Sounds like an assumption to me. The conclusion is logical in isolation, but it does not apply here.

alpha_wheel said:
we live in a world saturated with over-stimulation and social/cultural phenomena that seduces us into waking slumber... i think we can allow the leveraging of such things as advertising and bright colors. the buddhists do it in their own way too... and have been doing it for a very long time.
So have manipulators and perpetuators of human suffering. But all that is beside the point. The question is WHAT does the teaching promise, and WHAT does it deliver?

Can we come to some conclusions (especially those of us with some experience regarding different systems) through the observations of others (positive AND negative)? The fact that the advertising of the system promotes certain conclusions allows us to do so, I think.

alpha_wheel said:
the fact that some here have resistance to new experiences.. . tells me nothing about the system. this is not news to me (and you also, i am pretty sure). just take ANY system of development and i assure you, not everyone who uses it will see obvious benchmarks in their progress. this lack of experience has virtually nothing to do with the adequacy of a system, unless it is complete hogwash, which Higher Balance is not.
I agree, although the 10% success rate mentioned previously doesn't really make it a good investment, IMO. That success rate does not make the system hogwash, just not worth the trouble. Then again, it depends how you define "hogwash". To me hogwash is the teaching of psychic tricks under the name of spirituality.

Anyone experienced in spirituality knows the difference.

alpha_wheel said:
expectation can be very subtle, so don't assume it is illigitimate for the support staff to address just because you can't see its paradoxical role. it can be as simple as *expecting* that a revelatory experience will come in the form of something tangible to the 5 senses... or their reflection in some dimension of your imagination... or in some bodily sensation. i'm not saying that you should have blind faith... but that a GENUINE open-ended/pragmatic intention to consistently apply and reflect with these techniques will reveal more than you would have ever expected. ... just let go and see what YOU might be contributing to your inertia
You know, I was able to talk like this long before I had any genuine experiences. I was even amazed that people took me seriously. Intellectually, word for word, what you say is true. On the other hand, the same paragraph can be used to cover the fact that there is no progress whatsoever, or rather "progress" is of the imagination, and the imagine can give you "more than you ever expected". So the above paragraph says nothing useful either way. A consistent open-ended intention works when one is conditioned just as it works when one is being de-conditioned. "Let go" has been the catch phrase of many a washer of brains.

alpha_wheel said:
what i've learned about most who are posting here is that you have knowledge and techniques you apply that connect you directly to source consciousness... that give you direct experiences of an intense multi-dimensional nature and are a means for the highest level of communion with god/universe/absolute/etc...

so where are they? what are they? how do they work?
I see that you seem to be labelling people here to be of the "just add water and see god" school. Well, maybe not so "instant", but you do seem to be throwing high words out (a display of knowledge?) under the guise of assuming that this is the impression people here give. Funny, I never saw that, although I post regularly (no affiliation to the site, however).

You know, a spiritual intellectualizer usually presents inner development as something that can be communicated in a few steps in some sort of a users manual. Conveniently, this "manual" can then be packaged and sold.

Of course, that does not mean you can't describe development directly in a few words, just that people won't understand them if you do. Otherwise teachers of old wouldn't have wasted their breath on lengthy parables, riddles and long-winded speeches.

alpha_wheel said:
the vibe i get here is that people aren't very giving... there are those who dominate the intellectual terrain here and sort of sit on a bit of a high horse... and those who suckle at their proverbial teets... why? i dunno... maybe because this is how social networks naturally emerge as the laws of attraction play on 'sentient' automata ^____^
And the "vibe" I get is that you are simply protecting a business interest. Not a crime in this society, but certainly not the most noble of motives. The rest of this paragraph is just you mumbling to yourself methinks. I dunno about the high horse thing...in reading the above paragraph I had to strain my own neck a bit to look past the giant four legged edifice.

i think we should start integrating and finding out how our systems are similar and work together in our desire to find what we seek most... instead of sitting back like a bunch of heirophants who can't see our own predicament.
Another general statement that can be true, but does not apply here. The point is the difference in the understanding of the word "system". A set of instructions with claims of being "the path" is one form of "system". A complex organic development based on constant feedback and living examples, however, cannot be packaged in such a manner. There is a difference between buying growth and doing it. Therefore, the whole point of the posts here was to identify that there are no similarities.

alpha_wheel said:
the support staff told you that you need to surrender expectation, then you probably do. none are exempt from this fact. you must see truly how it is manifesting for YOU.
Again, when a product is laden with promises such as this one expectations are to be expected. Perhaps such misunderstandings would not occur if the promoters stated the need to surrender expectation in bold letters in their product promotions. Otherwise, a customer might see it as false advertising.

alpha_wheel said:
the other thing is... its been 3+ years and you're still getting ABSOLUTELY NOTHING as a result??... seems like you would have found something better and more authentic... or at least taken advantage of their 'lifetime money back guarantee' and refrained from purchasing any additional material ... hehe
Spoken like a true businessperson. Well, the term "success" does depend on the scope of one's ambition, doesn't it? Making a few bucks is usually easier than changing the world...

alpha_wheel said:
so tell me ... where is it? please share with us... we all want the best knowledge... so i think it would be worth it for you and for everyone else to discover the cutting edge.
"Where is it?" reminds me of an ancient Greek comedy where "students" were looking for the truth by peering up their teacher's togas with the "cutting edge" of their lanterns, asking the same question.

I have to agree with you that the truth doesn't sell. At least that is the conclusion I draw from the above statement. If it did, then answers to "where is it?" would have us all in redemption land already.

So if you want to make a buck and get that edge, you gotta give people simple answers. And when that is not enough, you gotta tell them that they just gotta release expectations and hold their breath. And when that is not enough you gotta lay it on karma.

Even so releasing expectations and that karma factor do come into play in a major way. But that is why simple answers never work, and the path to truth cannot be packaged and sold. Again, your average customer doesn't know this until after parted from their money.

alpha_wheel said:
... c'mon. let's deflate all the cunning egoic chameleon suits here and really ask ourselves... is it the techniqe that must be deconstructed? or is it the interior/karma of the individual in question here.
Four words above that denote excellent salesmanship ("cunning egoic chamelion suits"). A nice catchphrase similar to what many a spiritual intellectualizer uses. Words are funny things. They can deceive, and they can reveal. In this case, I think your suit is of excellent fit and thread. It seems to me that that's the real product being sold by HBI here.

Although your latter question can be valid, the words you use ("technique" and "deconstructed") describe structures of conditioning, not growth. Can you imagine calling the growth of an infant into an adult as a "technique" or speaking of "deconstructing" such growth?

There's this mechanical flavour to your descriptions that belies more the world of the automaton (through which one can surely learn to perform psychic tricks) rather than what a living person might consider to be an organic dynamic.

alpha_wheel said:
i honestly do not believe it is the method. methods are containers; delivery systems... and also potentially traps, as much as you need them to get a footing and bridge over to higher awareness... who really cares how you learn just as long as you GET IT?
i'm not saying that it is the one true way for anything....
I don't think it is the method either actually. With a 10% success rate (IF that is true) the method is probably quite a weak influence. Of course, I don't disagree with most of what you say here. I think that methods can provide a footing of sorts, a kind of structure as a complement to less structured understandings.

They cannot, however, forge any bridges anywhere because methods are too structured to do so. As such, methods are way too overrated to sell. Not only that, but all the methods one really needs are available through a few books. People have tried methods for ages (especially over the last three decades), and the results have always been either psychic conditioning or nothing.

Before you jump on me here, let me elaborate.

Inner development is physiologically based. Neural pathways do change, and there is a biochemical rebalancing in the human body/mind. However, a method will always lead to a specific redirection of those pathways, maybe even one that leads to a greater euphoria-based biochemistry, and some psychic abilities.

And this happens in those few with the corresponding predisposition (karma) to attain those results. Anyone can easily say that there is nothing wrong with that. The fact is, however, that any specified redirection of pathways is a re-conditioning, and in the end you open a small window to certain feelings and perceptions, and your life may change into something else, but IT DOES NOT TRANSFORM.

What's the difference? In the first case, IF you are one of the few with the right predisposition toward specified re-conditioning, you might become a better functioning social machine, with specialized enhanced capacities that are still adapted to the reality around you. This is what most self-help techniques actually promote as a worthwhile goal.

The problem is society itself is a machine that is geared toward collapse. So if you are not promoting self-help and adaptation to the current collective field, but transcendence to the truth underlying appearances, you need to do far more than just provide "better" programming.

Let me continue this train of thought in reply to your last paragraph.

alpha_wheel said:
what i'm saying is that if most people are satisfied with FEELING BETTER about life and have found some adequate system for translating their experience in this dimension and for legitimizing their worldview... then, so be it.
Heard the same speech from a drug dealer once. Again, I don't want to knock your product, just put it into perspective. I believe in free will, so if people want to feel better about the conditioned life in which they find themselves, and legitimise their programmed worldview, then so be it.

But they should at least know that that is what they are getting, and that even that kind of training is not guaranteed. They should not be told that they are penetrating into the true nature of reality, but that they are conditioning their window of perception to another, just as narrow view.

They should also be told that the more you teach your brain to be conditioned and re-conditioned, the harder it is to de-condition it if that should be your desire at some point. That's actually one of the reasons many esoteric teachers advise against drugs. They tend to chemically re-condition the brain in specific ways.

Specified electronic stimulation can do the same thing, as can rigid belief in doctrines.

alpha_wheel said:
that is everyone's right as a child of the universe... but for the others out there that have wandered the metaphysical desert of this world... in this paradigm.. nothing else will suffice.
All well and good, but what you offer is a methodology that takes one off a given conditioned track, and puts one upon another one. And the new track is a deeper groove because it is positively reinforced with the brains hyper-stimulated euphoriants.

So if I don't sell drugs, but promote methods to stimulate the brain's own drug factory in specific ways (as opposed to allowing it find its own balance through de-conditioning, which is unstructured and non-specific) I essentially provide a similar service as the dealer. Kind of like the difference between being a pimp and "toy" salesperson.

Regarding your last comment, conditioned euphoric states ARE a temptation to those looking for meaning, and because they are conditioned, they are a trap because at some point the body will develop a tolerance effect to the enhanced state.

This is very subtle and gradual, but usually results (from my observations) in the need for more stimulation. This may mean buying more products. It may also be reflected in the need to spread the word so others feel the same way. That in itself is a stimulus, as many who like to get high in good company know.

Eventually, the high will become more difficult to attain, and the conditioned individual will deny this consciously. Instead they can either dissociate from their emotions or channel them to various obsessions masking as ideals.

In the end they will be able to talk about experiences, especially the great highs of the past, but the present will be sterile. This is a dissonance that is not faced easily because unless one goes back to square one through some kind of profound death/rebirth experience one is constantly faced with meaninglessness, that is nothing more than the brain building tolerance to conditioned stimuli.

When those stimuli are mistaken for that path to "truth and knowledge" then we are indeed trapped. Now I am not saying these things flippantly. I tried a lot of methods, before and after reaching certain thresholds of experience, and I tried them to see what they were doing to me.

I spent years doing this without expectation, because I simply didn't know. At some point I wanted (in a well-meaning manner) to find something I could market and help others (as well as myself). Time and again, however, I observed the results I described above, results that are not easily observable if one has not extensively tackled the real problem of the quest for truth, our own conditioned programming.

Giving people methods of euphoria conditioning is not unethical, IMO, as long as they are presented as such. Free will is only meaningful when one is informed, osit.

the organization shoots themselves in the foot by putting radical claims on their websites, and for the adverts for the expansion material. When you read such adverts and order the material, then it's only natural that you expect to experience what was promised on the 'packaging' of the expansion material etc.

So they build your expectations with the marketing and then tell you not to have expectations when you use the system. Great.

Just a word or two about crass marketing. The HB site looks like it was made from a marketing template -- it could be a commercial for a cold remedy, for instance. There's nothing wrong with getting your message out there, but in general, I'm suspicious when I smell blatant, crass marketing techniques around something meant first to be sold as a product, with absolutely nothing given away. You know the techniques: testimonial, association, emotional appeal, snob appeal, authority appeal, bandwagon appeal, etc. It's just soaking with STS.

Made-up examples:
"Because you've heard about spiritual advancement, you know that the HB method is for you."
"Joe Celebrity says HB is the best spiritual awakening system there is."
"You're searching for something, you don't feel right, you're out of balance. Wouldn't you rather have HB?"
"Everyone I know is using HB. Aren't you?"
"Happiness, refreshment, inner peace, and HB. They go together."
"HB, the spiritual-awakening system that everyone's talking about!"
"It costs a little more, but your $100 will take you twice as far with HB than with yoga or TM."
"The most successful people in the world are HB students. You could be, too."

Wilecoyote said it:
<< I think it's just preposterous to guarantee people that they will experience hyperdimensional reality just by purchasing some audio lectures on CD, and following their meditation system. >>

Some particularly STS people surely think Laura is crazy for "giving away" so much, for not writing a C's-based self-help book marketed to the insecure, or a "become spritual today" book marketed to the new-age newbie, or offering "personal readings from the sixth density" for $150 an hour over the phone to satisfy yet another demographic.

You hit the nail right on the head adpop!

I mean, it's just amazing how blatant their advertisment campaign is, with regards to spirituality and hyperdimensional reality.

What got me hooked, i realized with introspection and self analysis, is the subtle promise of 'spiritual/psychic powers' in the adverts and marketing for their so-called 'advanced' modules. It really appealed to my self-importance. To be able to talk about HB being so far ahead in the spiritual game, kinda makes one feel superior, and when questioned as to the source of your knowledge, or how sure i am about those claims, I would simply tell people, "Just listen to the material" or " You'll never understand it with that attitude".

The fact is that i was just touting half-truths, or theories proven in other older systems, or simply garbage. Unverified data. When i look back, i was full of myself, because i always got involved with groups which appealed to my 'self importance'.
But after reading that excerpt about the truth of 'self importance' and 'petty tyrants, and how it manifest in those of us unaware of it, my perspective of HB shifted, so that i saw it for what it really is.

It is a new age trap for newbies in the alternative spirituality arena. The claims of these organizations cater to one's ego and self importance, when the truth is, to face reality as it is, requires the annihalation of self importance.

BTW, while i was in the process of questioning the organization, and was asking them (the call representatives/coaches') why is it that the information eric provides can't be found anywhere else, they simply claimed that it was "too advanced" and "so far ahead, that science is just catching up" . :-)
The funniest thing is that when i asked those HB call staff for book recommendations, they constantly directed me to material by a "Yogi Ramacharaka" (Science of Breath etc). No Gurdgeiff material, nothing of that sort..
But the crowning moment is with regards to websites. I asked, what websites i could go to, that had material as 'advanced' (i cringe when i say that now) as the HB material, and guess what they recommended: Whitley Streibler's Unknown country. I enquired as to radio programs , and Coast 2 Coast Am and the Rense radio program were recommended.
THERE WAS NO MENTION OF THE CASSIOPAEA, QFG OR SOTT websites!!!

And its through reading the material on the aforementioned websites (Cass, Sott Qfg) , i realized that the opposite is true: the teachings of the HB leader (eric) can't come close to the objective and in depth articles and materials found on the Cass websites. For someone to say to hundreds of participants in one of his teleseminars "Trust me, i know what's out there, and none of what's out there comes close to what i teach on my cds" is IMHO, quite arrogant, or is in cahoots with the PTB.

Oh, i wonder why they never recommended the Cassiopaea material? Geez maybe they didn't know about it! (I'm being sarcastic).....WRONG!!!
I think that misdirection and misinformation was deliberate on their part! These guys (HBI) were unbelievable in their deception (i realize that's a strong word, but i think it's appropriate). How can the secrets of the universe be touted by one individual, who claims that the information is in his 'hyperdimensional' consciousness? For me to verify his claim, then I myself would have to have experiences in hyperdimensionality, (as promised on their websites) which after 2.5 years, are pending... :-)

What crass marketing! I never saw it coming!

I'm one of the people who have had not necessarily "bad" experiences with HB but let's just say their product produced very little in the realm of "profound."

I find the whole argument of "did you practice" or "apply" yourself at least in my case very funny - personally I see no reason to criticize a system if I have not had adequate experience - for my own part I did the recommended 2 meditations a day and I did this for 1 year. Again by many other schools of meditation 1 year is not a long time - but if I was perpetuating and marketing the fact that "profound results" would be achieved in days and weeks(Eric Pepin openly says on his material that 2 months is too long to not have a "profound" experience - he loves that word) then I would make sure my system was sound.

Insinuating that some people just don't have "it" is fine if a method does not try to sell results. HB on the other hand promises results for anyone. Their sales lady actually told me that these techniques were better at achieving results than anything else out there.

On the other hand a method like Vipassana meditation explains itself as a method of self-observation - during this process many people have experiences that they could define as spiritual - but the meditation method itself does not sell these experiences - it puts no time frame on when or how one should expect results other than observing what is right now. As a result although the practice itself can be rigorous, people do not complain about not getting instant enlightenment - even after years and decades of practice.

Just for the record I don't have a problem with HB meditation methods. I have a problem with their marketing. I'd go so far as to say that they are very comfortable with stretching the truth to the point of lying. Sure some people get results, but to say that everyone will experience profound results is like saying that if everyone trained in a certain way then they could become an olympic swimmer.

The sad fact about spirituality is that there is an uneven distribution of knowledge and a real interest in keeping people ignorant so much so that the seekers are desperate for knowledge - as a result the opportunity for exploitation is rife.

The example that of martial arts that awakeningentity used is actually quite apt and one I hear a lot. The thing is though after 25 years exp in martial arts I know and have experienced for a fact the various McDojos for myself. Sure a person will get better at "something" if they train at a McDojo - but will they become a Bruce Lee, Gracie or Ueshiba? Highly unlikely. Sure there will be prodigies - perhaps even less than 10%. On the other hand anyone who trains in boxing and spars will learn to take a punch within a few months. Anyone who learns Brazillian Ju Jutsu will gain a certain expected level of skills in a few months. On the other hand Aikido and Tai Chi of which I do both has a very high rate of BS. The good thing about martial arts though is that you can actually request that a person "step up" and show the goods. Spirituality is relatively easy to talk about. Eric Pepin certainly does his share.

As for being able to see entities, building energy etc - from my experience this in itself doesn't lead to inner peace or even long lasting happiness. Flushing energy into your heart chakra gives you some thrills for a while but it doesn't balance out the emotions like some automatic blessing. As Anders mentioned every now and then the circus comes into town trying to sell itself as the new Jesus Christ. "Ancient secrets" and all that crap. Why not just say "hey this stuff works well for me and it might for you too?" because it probably won't sell that much. Saying that they have sold 30,000 packages doesn't mean that all those people are satisfied. The whole money back guarantee thing is a marketing tactic - it gets people with the program - trusting - thinking "gee, money back guarantee huh? It must be good if they give one of those." A year later and it's all "keep going you're close - doing well."

Alpha_wheel: you reckon we should have open minds? Well sometimes open minds just let us get ripped off. Sometimes its beneficial to be selective and if that means ignoring certain "offers" that come my way then so be it. You may say that it is unfair to slam a system that we know nothing about - but I for one know it well enough and what I know is dodgy as hell.

Dear Wilecoyote,

This is for you. The only reason why I write this is because I responded to your first posting where you originally said: "wilecoyote wrote: If there are any higher balance members out there, holla @ me.
I just wanted feedback on this organization i'm a part of. I must admit the quality of material provided by the teacher Eric Pepin is excellent.... way ahead of popular new age fluff. Anyone interested can visit the site www(dot)higherbalance(dot)com
Cheers" (this was before you edited the post later and modified what you said)

Now, it appears to me that you are easy influenced by people on this forum and by their strong intellect and rationalism. This tells me that you actually never understood Erics material and that you never "got it". And that's why you never had any results with it. U got influenced by the people on this Forum that are playing "spin doctors" of just using this Forum and Higher Balances website as references. They haven't even heard Eric's courses. So how can you even consider their statements??!!

Let me help you to see things in a different light. First of all you gotta look at this website and see where they are coming from and what they are interested in. Quantum physics? Well.. that means they have answers for everything and have figured it all out. Because "science has the answer". I am sorry, but science is at the infant stage and the world is still flat, so their arguments are going to be dead in few years when science comes up with something new. So don't even go into a discussion with people in that arena. Look at some of them.. they have over 700 postings, this all they do! See what else they wrote and you see the pattern of how they debunk, take sentences apart and break it open. So they put a lot of time and energy in this. U can never win a discussion with those guys. Its like.. if you are fighting a wrestler don't go to the ground, and with a boxer you don't want to stand up!! Let them rule their own territory! (All the answers from this posting are going to prove my point. In fact!! Let them have their entertainment and spend all their time discuss this posting!!) Just see what they did with my 10% theory that was a concept and nothing to do with reality .. I have no clue.. I just threw that out there.. That became one of their main arguments.. Ooo god.. you can go on forever, forever, forever, with these folks that are experts in this game!

Now, secondly.. Most of those people here are from Europe like myself. And sorry bud, Europeans don't like Americans. Americans "take a lot of space", think they know it all, have presidents with XX IQ and go to war for now reason and try to control the rest of the world with "with THEIR way". US get smacked in the European media all the time... And people at this forum are reacting to Higher Balances marketing strategies.

US marketing is TRASH TRASH.. "best in the world.. bla bla bla.." horrible! Arrogant bastards.. They are only after your money.. capitalists all of them!! I went to USA and I can tell you.. how stupid Americans are falling for all this stupid marketing that they are exposed to.. that some of them so obviously lures you in to spend more money.. I cant believe the word "FREE" still works in America. It only means.. :"use your time to let us tell you why you should give us money!!"

And I am telling you.. if I weren't introduced to Higher Balance by a friend I would never even have listened to their system. A capitalistic American talking about spiritualism?? I looked at their website and went.. "what? You are not serious are you? Forget it!" but as my friend explained he could not deny the knowledge Eric was sharing. So, I never show Higher Balances website to my friends or family. They would totally laugh and not be interested. But when I speak about what Eric is teaching they are all ears and love it. Actually I have a group of 20 friends now that are all into it! All of my friends that sees Higher Balances marketing are laughing.. How come they can present Eric in this way? (BUT, you cannot deny the knowledge) Yes, I really hate HBI marketing.. and I think that marketing is hurting them in many ways.. like it was pointed out by people on this forum.

And now back to you and how you have been fooled by peoples "NLP" in this Forum.. They have judged Higher Balance by 2 things. (Even though they will deny they are judging.. they are "objectively" just discussing it) 1. Bye the facts from the postings in this forum (one by me) and the Higher Balances website (that is meant for Americans in the first place.. and probably made by a marketing company that Eric himself is not involved in). They never even listened to Erics courses and have NO IDEA what he is about! And that was all that it took to "convert" you. Which tells me that you never understood Eric's material and this was the reason why you never had any experiences in the first place!!

By the way, Eric endorses A LOT OF other teachers out there including Gurdjieff! He has a 1 HOUR CLASS on Gurdjieffs work! Call them and ask! Do your homework; don't let yourself be manipulated by those people who "know it all!" And the pattern of those people in here are explained in a book by Ken Wilber called "Boomerites" that explains the effect of this pluralistic society have on this world. People with strong Intellect also have a harder time having spiritual experiences. (wont bother to explain why.. ) Some of them are having a very hard time bridging to their Mind, they are still using their brain.

Compare Erics work to for example Milarepa. One of the latest enlightened masters that reach insane levels. Its about training your sixth sense outwardly (by exercising paranormal activities) and then turn it inwardly to find that awakening. This is the missing key that makes people having success with his program.

I will make a prediction. Good luck down this intellectual path. I am sure you will even struggle more to have the awakening you are looking for. Eric has for 20 years been talking about the stuff they have just now discovered in the M-Theory. Once they have proven that those other dimensions exists they want to travel there. That's what you can already do with Eric Pepin's tools. He is so ahead! Science and spirituality are the same. Science has not caught up yet. Eric is trying to explain a very complex knowledge, speed it down and simplify it for you to only grasp the concept that hopefully will grow inside you like a Mandala and eventually you can discover the higher truths yourself! There is simply not enough time for him to explain everything in details. His information is incomplete and can seem contradictorily, because it cannot be fully grasped with your brain. Hopefully you can be consistent with his tools and apply them in a way that you will build your "Mind" and think without thought and understand it and grasp it on an energetic level.

Now the prediction is that you will go down this intellectual path and then when higher balance in 10 years has grown because of peoples results you will come back to it.. and finally be able to grasp what Eric is saying.

This is my last post on this forum. And good luck tearing my post apart with " COMPLEX " understanding.. AND THAT WILL ONLY PROVE MY POINT.. have a field day with it!!

And it is my understanding that this forum is "objectively" discussing and comparing different teachings. I think there is never a way to understand Eric's material by just this forum . u gotta apply his tools because it is a experiential way to learn, not an intellectual school of thought that can be even nearly grasped by a long discussion. Therefore, I see not point of even discussing Higher Balance in a forum like this for the reason to convince other people about his system. I had my experiences, and have no interest in listening to people telling me what they are and what they are not on a forum. If you guys had it figured out you wouldn't be discussing it! And I am sure there are thousands of others that wants to experience what I had. And what it boils down to.. is that I have the tools to make them experience it.. and life is to experience in my opinion!! Either you call it "advance" or not!!

Namaste to all the seekers out there I respect you all! Including the guys at this forum....

awakeningentity said:
Now, it appears to me that you are easy influenced by people on this forum and by their strong intellect and rationalism. This tells me that you actually never understood Erics material and that you never "got it". And that's why you never had any results with it. U got influenced by the people on this Forum that are playing "spin doctors" of just using this Forum and Higher Balances website as references. They haven't even heard Eric's courses. So how can you even consider their statements??!!
OK, so you're saying that Eric's techniques only work if you believe in them? Well, forgive my skepticism, but I've heard that one before.

awakeningentity said:
First of all you gotta look at this website and see where they are coming from and what they are interested in. Quantum physics? Well.. that means they have answers for everything and have figured it all out. Because "science has the answer". I am sorry, but science is at the infant stage and the world is still flat, so their arguments are going to be dead in few years when science comes up with something new.
This paragraph makes it obvious you know as much about the QFG material as you claim the people here know about HB.

awakeningentity said:
And I am telling you.. if I weren't introduced to Higher Balance by a friend I would never even have listened to their system. A capitalistic American talking about spiritualism?? I looked at their website and went.. "what? You are not serious are you? Forget it!" but as my friend explained he could not deny the knowledge Eric was sharing. So, I never show Higher Balances website to my friends or family. They would totally laugh and not be interested. But when I speak about what Eric is teaching they are all ears and love it. Actually I have a group of 20 friends now that are all into it! All of my friends that sees Higher Balances marketing are laughing.. How come they can present Eric in this way? (BUT, you cannot deny the knowledge) Yes, I really hate HBI marketing.. and I think that marketing is hurting them in many ways.. like it was pointed out by people on this forum.
Sounds like Amway... ;)

awakeningentity said:
They never even listened to Erics courses and have NO IDEA what he is about! And that was all that it took to "convert" you.
Whereas all it took to "convert" you was your friend "selling" it to you.

awakeningentity said:
Which tells me that you never understood Eric's material and this was the reason why you never had any experiences in the first place!!
I don't understand gravity, but that doesn't stop it from affecting me. Why is it necessary to "understand" something before getting any results? Sounds a lot like religious thinking... believe hard enough and you'll be saved.

awakeningentity said:
By the way, Eric endorses A LOT OF other teachers out there including Gurdjieff! He has a 1 HOUR CLASS on Gurdjieffs work! Call them and ask! Do your homework; don't let yourself be manipulated by those people who "know it all!" And the pattern of those people in here are explained in a book by Ken Wilber called "Boomerites" that explains the effect of this pluralistic society have on this world. People with strong Intellect also have a harder time having spiritual experiences. (wont bother to explain why.. ) Some of them are having a very hard time bridging to their Mind, they are still using their brain.
If the choice is between "spiritual experiences" and "using one's brain", I'll go with the brain, thanks.

awakeningentity said:
Compare Erics work to for example Milarepa. One of the latest enlightened masters that reach insane levels. Its about training your sixth sense outwardly (by exercising paranormal activities) and then turn it inwardly to find that awakening. This is the missing key that makes people having success with his program.
Yes, let's all focus on reaching the "higher realms" and developing our "sixth sense". They should call this stuff, "New Age X-treme Adrenalin Sports" - all the experience and bliss you can handle! (sponsored by Pepsi Max, of course).

awakeningentity said:
His information is incomplete and can seem contradictorily, because it cannot be fully grasped with your brain. Hopefully you can be consistent with his tools and apply them in a way that you will build your "Mind" and think without thought and understand it and grasp it on an energetic level.
Maybe his information seems contradictory because it is contradictory? "Think without thought"?!?! What the?

awakeningentity said:
I had my experiences, and have no interest in listening to people telling me what they are and what they are not on a forum. If you guys had it figured out you wouldn't be discussing it! And I am sure there are thousands of others that wants to experience what I had. And what it boils down to.. is that I have the tools to make them experience it.. and life is to experience in my opinion!!
Good luck on your path. Don't forget your Pepsi Max... ;)

Ok awakeningentity, i should have edited my first post on HB to say that i wanted critical and objective discussion on the teachings and techniques of higherbalance. I take responsibility for my misleading opening statement/invitation for discussion on HBI.

That taken care of, I would just like to point out to you that if HigherBalance is as way ahead of science which as you say is in it's infant stages of development compared to the material disseminated by Eric, then why is it being promulgated so fruitfully on the New Age (marketing) scene, with ads on Rense.com, CoasttoCoastam.com, and the other new age, alternative info 'hot spots'?

The information might be advanced, but remember, the media promotes what they want the masses to hear. So, what if some other teachers/ enlightened individuals were spreading those same trutsh, but in its entirety, including the possibility of human beings being food for higher density beings/denizens, who are able to bend time and space to their wills, and can manipulate us in various ways? Do you think the media, which is controlled by the PTB, will promote such an individual? I think not.
Had Eric's material been so advanced so as to awaken the masses of humanity as to the reality of their situations, it would have been a threat to the PTB, and we all know that threats are 'taken care of'.
Eric's material is just a filler for the gaps created by the questioning mind of the intellectual breed of new age /spiritual seeker. In the 60's,70's etc, the spiritual seekers of those times were feelings oriented, they were concerned with the heart, and love. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but they were kinda stuck there. So, before the new generation of spiritual seekers started grouping together to ask really potent questions pertaining to our present reality and the mess that our so called 'leaders' have put us into, a cointel program was formulated for them to 'shut them up' so to speak. A new organization had to be created to have 'all the answers' for those burning questions.

Don't you see, awakening entity, Higherbalance fits the description of that exact organization. It may be one of many.

With regards to your comment about me being influenced by members of this forum: I already had my doubts dude. I've been burnt enough times by organizations purporting to have 'all the answers'. I was at a stage where i was just gonna accept whatever organization that i become a part of next, because i was beaten on the distorted and 'smoke and mirror' filled path of 'enlightenment. That organization happened to be higherbalance. I joined cuz it claimed to be the 'real deal' better than all the other 'spiritual organizations' out there.

You have to realize that a new seeker is overwhelmed with so many organizations promising 'experiences' and the 'truth you have always known' or something to that extent. And without discernment, you will be drawn in by the loudest, most 'authoritative' voice in the field of 'alternative spirituality'. With higherbalance, they have some really alluring adverts. The unquestioning, subjective individual is drawn by all the colours and RADICAL claims and promises. When you don't get the promised results, your belief, dedication, and expectation are questioned.
Isn't that the approach used by traditional religions?

awakeingentity said:
I see not point of even discussing Higher Balance in a forum like this for the reason to convince other people about his system. I had my experiences, and have no interest in listening to people telling me what they are and what they are not on a forum. If you guys had it figured out you wouldn't be discussing it! And I am sure there are thousands of others that wants to experience what I had. And what it boils down to.. is that I have the tools to make them experience it.. and life is to experience in my opinion!!
ROTFLMAO

Boy do I wish I'd noticed this thread when it first came up... what a 'mind-job'!!

It came to my attention today because I was scanning the forum for mention of 'Vipassana'. A friend said she did a ten-day meditative 'retreat'

From http:(2slash)www(dot)dhamma(dot)org/en/art.shtml

Art of Living said:
Vipassana is observing things as they really are, not just as they seem to be. Apparent truth has to be penetrated, until one reaches the ultimate truth of the entire mental and physical structure. When one experiences this truth, then one learns to stop reacting blindly, to stop creating defilements--and naturally the old defilements gradually are eradicated...

Vipassana: experiencing one's own reality, by the systematic and dispassionate observation of the ever-changing mind-matter phenomenon manifesting itself as sensation within oneself. This is the culmination of the teaching of the Buddha: self-purification by self-observation...

Observing reality as it is by observing the truth inside--this is knowing oneself at the actual, experiential level. As one practices, one keeps coming out of the misery of defilements. From the gross, external, apparent truth, one penetrates to the ultimate truth of mind and matter. Then one transcends that, and experiences a truth which is beyond mind and matter, beyond time and space, beyond the conditioned field of relativity: the truth of total liberation from all defilements, all impurities, all suffering. Whatever name one gives this ultimate truth, is irrelevant; it is the final goal of everyone.
While I don't agree with its goals of happiness, peace and harmony as ends in themselves, and understand that transcending duality by assuming unity with the Absolute is not what we came here to do, nevertheless the emphasis placed in Vipassana Meditation on self-observation does chime with what I've learnt through the QFS/Gurdjieff/Mouravieff. Before I take my interest in this further, I thought I'd ask others if they are familiar with Vipassana, especially if they have undertaken the 'beginners' 10-day retreat? A 'worthwhile' experience? Simply a period of concentrated effort that the Work teaches us should be performed all the time? Any hidden dangers or potential pitfalls that one should consider?

http:(doubleslash)www(dot)dhamma(dot)org

Edit: I should specify that it is Vipassana Meditation as taught by one S.N. Goenka

I've done a few Vipassana retreats. They are pretty much just 10 days of concentration and observation, but results vary depending on what people put into it. Some people seem to come wanting a big spiritual thing, and others just practice.

Pitfalls? A lot of blocked emotions and stuff can come up, which isn't pretty but they pass.

As to the original topic of this post there's a little extra info regarding Eric and his charges for sexual molestation here:

http:(xx)guruphiliac(dot)blogspot(dot)com/search?q=pepin

Very disturbing indeed. I could imagine all the folks who actually believed what this guy 'preached' via his expensive audio cds feeling a violation of their trust, or in utter denial. I'm lucky enough to have seen the organization for what it really is, a scam, and vacuum operation. OSIT.

solmag said:
i dare you guys to convince me otherwise because i confess this my first contact with this site
The thing is, no one wants to convince you.

Maybe it would be wise for you to read more what's available on the site and see if you can compare it to the sites you have mentionned.

Back
Top Bottom