Evolution 2.0

Konstantin

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I just finished the book " Virolution"
And my first impression is that it is super interesting.
The first part of the book was something relatively new for me. The symbiogenesis between virus genome and the genomes of other living creatures. I didn't know this stuff about viruses. It gives a more in-depth review of symbiogenesis that was started in the book EVOLUTION 2.0. Much more details about this evolution mechanism in this book

And in the second part of the book, the author talks about epigenetics. What a powerful control stuff of our genome. And the fact that environmental signals actually control the epigenetic factors is very interesting because through diet, supplementation, meditation and many more outside influences we can switch on or of some genes. Also how environmental influences can affect our gene expression in negative ways.

I also highly recommend this book to anyone interested in this subject.

Nienna

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
I just finished the book " Virolution"
And my first impression is that it is super interesting.
The first part of the book was something relatively new for me. The symbiogenesis between virus genome and the genomes of other living creatures. I didn't know this stuff about viruses. It gives a more in-depth review of symbiogenesis that was started in the book EVOLUTION 2.0. Much more details about this evolution mechanism in this book

And in the second part of the book, the author talks about epigenetics. What a powerful control stuff of our genome. And the fact that environmental signals actually control the epigenetic factors is very interesting because through diet, supplementation, meditation and many more outside influences we can switch on or of some genes. Also how environmental influences can affect our gene expression in negative ways.

I also highly recommend this book to anyone interested in this subject.
Thank you for posting this, Konstantin. I'm about half-way through the book and have had some "aha!" moments. It is quite interesting. After reading what you've written about the second half, I'm even more eager to read on.

Ennio

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
In addition to the discoveries that give credence to ID, and reasoning that points to the flaws of neo-Darwinism, Marshall's presentation seems designed to engender as much excitement and clarity on the topic as possible, it seems to me. At one point in the book I was so impressed by the many points he was making (and how he was making them) that I looked up his page on amazon to see what else he had written. Everything else he had published has to do with web marketing, based on his career as a business consultant.

So it made me wonder how or why - from his almost superstar status as a corporate consultant and tech guru - that he went to writing a book so successfully on evolutionary theory? As he explains in his book, his education in electrical engineering does give him a background in coding certainly, which gave him an appreciation for what codes do and how they work. So there's that. And there is also his religious background and activity - which I suppose informs an appreciation for higher intelligences, divinity, god, etc.

Marshall's personal website is about what you'd expect from someone with his career (including a #metoo video discussion), but he also includes a video of himself speaking to a church group he was invited to so that he could discuss his thoughts on active listening. While there is a fairly large biblical gloss to some of it, what struck me about him as a person was the amount of humility he had, along with a willingness to share what he thought worked for his and others' growth.

His talk reminded me of what had been written earlier in this thread about being connected to the information field. It also reminded me of the seed thought: 'clear my ears that I may hear,' as well as Ark's I-Ching reading for this year. Anyway, listening to Marshall, I couldn't help but think that his own practice of active listening had helped or even inspired him to truly strengthen the signal of Information and lessen the noise around it with his one accessible and terrific foray into evolutionary concepts. FWIW.

Top Bottom