Eyes needing rest

SolarMother

Dagobah Resident
Just wanted to post about needing to rest the eyes for a day or two at a time, and that is why my reading on the forum and posting might drop here and there.
Nothing as bad as last time re my eyes. Situation improved considerably.
Just reading too much. Following diet reasonably well/eating liver, doing EE regularly, wearing good glasses--I think it's just a matter of reading in too long stretches.

Do you have problems reading in front of a computer screen? Maybe what I've collected regarding blue-light from screens and how to protect can help you? Since I use a blue blocker with proven blocking of the complete blue-light array I don't have headaches, concentration problems and dry and tired eyes anymore.

However, hope you feel better soon! :)

Do you have problems reading in front of a computer screen? Maybe what I've collected regarding blue-lign
However, hope you feel better soon! Smiley

Yes, Stranger, I do have this problem. I'm going to look into this and figure out which option is best---as well as doing something about WiFi radiation, which is also a new thread posted by FooFighter
Thank you! As always, beautifully timed :D

I remember getting dry and sore eyes after getting rid of a crt monitor and getting a flat screen monitor. So when I fiddled about with the contrast and brightness a bit I no longer get that sore eyes effect.

Don't know if that could be your problem though.

Peam said:
I remember getting dry and sore eyes after getting rid of a crt monitor and getting a flat screen monitor. So when I fiddled about with the contrast and brightness a bit I no longer get that sore eyes effect.

Don't know if that could be your problem though.

:ninja:

I just mentioned over in the sleep thread that I've tried using the program f.lux to adjust blue light. I really feel it helps. Actually I was not even aware that my eyes were being strained until I started using the program. I had downloaded it to help with falling asleep more quickly after computer use. :cool:

D Rusak said:
I just mentioned over in the sleep thread that I've tried using the program f.lux to adjust blue light. I really feel it helps. Actually I was not even aware that my eyes were being strained until I started using the program. I had downloaded it to help with falling asleep more quickly after computer use. :cool:

thank you D Rusak--I found that posting and I am going to try to download it tonight!

I've just downloaded it myself, it's already much more pleasant to the eyes. Thanks for suggesting D Rusak!

Yeah, it is almost as good as these blublocker glasses (at least a passable compromise when I don't have them available) - but a lot cheaper ;). Thanks, D Rusak!

The new pain radiating into my head through my eyes when looking at the computer screen is reduced 50% by the Flux program. I must be looking at the right websites @_@ with right intentions.

Many thanks D Rusack for the Flux program lead. http://www.stereopsis.com/flux/

Thank you, too, for so much info SolarMother, I bookmarked it. (and I do not feel so alone right now- as in reading/posting irregularly.)

Pain is helpful to inpire me to clean up my diet. I can only afford one new modestly priced supplement, so I think the fish oil serves many purposes. (Must have magnesium, valerian (for GABA) and melatonin to sleep, but that is all I take.) Any advice is appreciated.

Networking is near-miraculous. ^_^

D Rusak said:
I just mentioned over in the sleep thread that I've tried using the program f.lux to adjust blue light.

If someone is using Compiz window manager (like the one on Linux/Ubuntu), you have to use this blue color filter:

Code:
!!ARBfp1.0
TEMP tex, temp;
TEX tex, fragment.texcoord[0], texture[0], RECT;
DP3 temp.r, tex, {0.9, 0, 0, 0};
DP3 temp.g, tex, {0, 0.9, 0, 0};
DP3 temp.b, tex, {0, 0, 0, 0};
MOV temp.a, tex.a;
MOV result.color, temp;
END

;)

Have you considered exercising your eyes to improve your vision? This article discusses it:

~http://www.naturalnews.com/030770_eye_exercises_vision.html

I don't mean to be giving you extra reading material, but hopefully it can help!! :D

I just found some exercises you can do that seem like they might help:

~http://www.stevenaitchison.co.uk/blog/2009/03/14/5-eye-exercises-to-improve-your-vision/

~http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W10j2fL0hy0

Thank you Scarlet, I bookmarked them all, will read soon. I had eye surgery at age 4, and exercises for years after that. I think these will only help.

My learned optimism puts this in the "good lessons I don't recognize yet" category.

Smiles ^_^

Thanks for all the information.
I found this issue very important to me also.
I work with computers all the day, and when I come home, I feel my eyes are tired.
I realised know the my new screen comes by default with color settings red 25%, green 32%, and blue ... 50%!
I don't know why but I lowered intensity to 25% all colors.
Not so "bright" but hope this will help me much more than lowering bright and contrast settings.

I have been told, nonetheless, that LED monitors (mine is one) radiate too much luminance and may 'hurt' the eyes. So it is recommended to adjust (and lower as much as possible).

Will see.

Back
Top Bottom