Face preference test

Adaryn

The Living Force

Social scientists like Lasse Laustsen and Michael Bang Petersen have discovered that people's preferences in faces vary according to threat perception, political ideology, and the nature of the situation at hand. To test the hypothesis, scientists adopted an evolutionary approach where the questions of contemporary politics were traced back to the social and political questions that faced Stone Age tribes. For each of the following questions, decide who you think should be in charge of resolving the tribe's problem.

Capture d’écran 2020-01-17 à 12.58.49.png
Yeah, it makes sense to choose a leader who favours cooperation and mutual understanding within the tribe, and to choose someone more aggressive/dominant to protect the tribe from external threats/enemies. Based on the results of this test, it seems most people instinctively choose that model.
What are your results?

faces-chart.png
Your INGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 50
Your OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 75
Your TOTAL DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 62.5

The model makes sense: Trouble with warriors from another tribe? Send them the scary one.

Face Preference Test
result

Your INGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 41.7
Your OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 41.7
Your TOTAL DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 41.7

Like most people, you prefer a Cooperative leader to handle internal matters.

Unlike most people, you prefer a Cooperative leader to handle external threats.

Overall, your choice of leaders suggests that you are politically left-wing.

At the beginning of the test I choose face with more seriousness and stability, IMO. But in the middle of the test, I fought, it's ok that sometimes I give chance to other faces to do the work :cool2:, so I choose opposite of what I wanted to choose.
It was fun!;-D

Virtually all of those faces are either male or female. "Should a man or a woman (and your perceptions of the qualities of each, which is likely based to large extent on your life experiences with other people) be in charge in any of these given situations". That's pretty much the choice that you make each time, or so I think.

Virtually all of those faces are either male or female. "Should a man or a woman (and your perceptions of the qualities of each, which is likely based to large extent on your life experiences with other people) be in charge in any of these given situations". That's pretty much the choice that you make each time, or so I think.

Indeed, and that's what stop me to do it till the end. Maybe it says much about the conceptor of the test than about yourself :lol:

And if I well understood, you're left wing if you prefer women, and right wing if you prefer men to hold on things :whistle:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking each time I chose a face. But it is surprising to see that I am right on the liberal line. What does it mean?! 😲😅 My choices had a clear segregation (well, in most cases) between social matters (female, except in handling dispute between males) and matters that had with protection and strategy (male), and yet it is considered to be liberal? ;-)

Well, they say that:

Like most people, you prefer a Dominant leader to handle external threats.

So I guess that conservatives prefer more dominant leaders to handle internal matters?

Attachments

• faces-chart.png
    faces-chart.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
1579315615677.png
Your INGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 50

Your OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 50

Your TOTAL DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 50

Your ingroup stance is completely in the middle between dominance and cooperation.

Your outgroup stance is completely in the middle between dominance and cooperation.

I think you're right. At least that's the impression I get also.

oh boy! I guess I am a lefty after all!
faces-chart

Your INGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 8.3

Your OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 75

Your TOTAL DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 41.7

result

Well, you definitely don't want me in your group because I'm a complete tyrant. The truth is, I found myself picking the "male" faces because the eyes and the baldness seemed more normal and aesthetically pleasing even if they were a bit bland. The "female" faces seemed somewhat unnatural and just more generally "off." In some cases there was so little difference between them I could go either way and just picked one at random. I hardly considered the scenarios at all and just looked at the faces, because if we're going to choose leaders based on such superficial and bland distinctions, I mean why not? Also the assumption seems to be that men are always dominant and never cooperative. That would seem to fit the whole "woke" paradigm rather well. Give me a short animation with some realistic faces with some hair and facial expressions where there is something to actually "read," rendered by a game designer or someone who actually knows how to draw something that somewhat resembles reality, and then maybe we'll talk. As it stands, this test is the most ridiculous bit of pop psychology hokum I've indulged in for awhile.

result

Your INGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 58.3
Your OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 66.7
Your TOTAL DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 62.5
Unlike most people, you prefer a Dominant leader to handle internal matters.
Overall, your choice of leaders suggests that you are politically right-wing.

There were subtle differences between the faces that were sometimes too similar to divide man from woman. For example the jawline changes and other things may be more linked to higher or lower testosterone. Just a hypothesis.

Back
Top Bottom