Favorite movie scenes

The first time I saw The Shining I didn't understand much, I read it as a man who had gone to a hotel with his family and suddenly wanted to kill them and they were running away and defending themselves, I even laughed... When you don't have the knowledge to understand the whole package of information sometimes the link is activated and it is in many cases when suddenly one is told: "it reminds me of the film such as ....".

Stanley Kubric (which sounds in Spanish like “encubrir” whitewashing) is one of the few directors who, to my understanding, creates his universe in the most objective way possible, where his objectual world is connected with the psychic, conceptual and biological world which implies an almost architectural interrelation between dialogues, colors, mental spaces and different layers that conform and fit reality.
This film has several iconic scenes: Dani on the tricycle-twins, apollo11, room 237, the blood, the labyrinth, Jack, Wendy and the axe.

The axe scene is a key moment that marks the programmed schizophrenic reality of the family. A family that in my opinion suffers from transgenerational ritual abuse that would make up the MK program society and that Kubric exposes throughout the film with threads to pull.
Everything takes place inside the bedroom and bathroom of the Torrens couple (the De la Torre's) and the spaces are divided by the access of the door -Redrum-morder-, (door, tur, fuerta, red-pink room, killer) an architectural metaphor of their dissociations that divide one reality from the other: politically correct frontal alters and traumatic, perverted, hidden alters, 237=732 code.
Jack is looking for Wendy and Dany to kill them and for this he carries an axe, Wendy ,the one from Neverland, has a programming failure -which is revealed in the bear scene- and rebels against Jack, so fleeing she ends up in the bathroom of her room with Dani (Dani boy), they try to escape through a small window from which Dany can get out, here we perceive a kind of rebirth of Dany (exit-Twins) to the cold zone of the labyrinth.
After breaking down the first door of the entrance to her bedroom, Jack knocks on the bathroom door-Redrum- and suggests with cynical malevolence the children's story of the wolf and the piglets is a way of connoting that he abuses Dany and that the diminutives Johnny-Dani (Jack Daniels) have suffered the same treatment and are one in programming, reminiscent of the scene of the twins as a symbol of dissociation. Then he enters with the violence of the axe on the door to gain access, in the same way that the controller enters the mind of the controlled.
Wendy, unable to escape, resigns herself to remain in the cold zone and takes the knife she has taken from Dani. After a masterful histrionic performance by Wendy between pleas and screams, the blows of the axe make a kind of opening through which the iconic image of a Jack completely possessed by his alter comes out, revealing: "Here is Johnny", who we already know who he is.

For Johnny, Wendy is a mother who, deprogrammed and in rebellion, is no longer welcome. So his programmatic command orders him to use his "patriarchy" - which at the same time is the negation of it - to sacrifice her (maternity). A command given by those who care about misunderstanding, loyalty and obedience (the ladder, the eagle, the hierarchy).
Wendy takes the knife and cuts off the hand with which she tries to access the door, thus completing a failed rebirth.

Kubric makes it very difficult for us, because we are in a vicious circle of how the executioner becomes the victim and the abuser becomes the abused, but as from the difficulty we can only understand the deep truth, in reality it is the victim who becomes the executioner, the abused becomes the abuser, this is the real programming, the executioner makes the victim another executioner. The programmed becomes the programmer.
All told with architecture, design, much insight and subtlety.

Sometimes its the most Awful character in a movie that is the real star in their awfulness. Throw Momma from the Train is one of my favorites and I've seen it many times to prove it. Danny Devito and Billy Crystal are hilarious but Anne Ramsey stole the show. Here a booby trapped door malfunctions in the attempt to do Momma in.

There's a couple good Marvel movie scenes I like, but I really liked the message in this exchange between Luke and Rey. It turns out this was removed from the theatrical release so I was disappointed because that line was really good. It sounds like, "All there is is lessons." Starts about half way @ 2:24 in this video:

STAR WARS 8: The Last Jedi Trailers (2017)

From John Ford's The Searchers, the doorway scene

“A man will search his heart and soul
Go searching way out there
His peace of mind he knows he’ll find,
but where o’ lord o’ where? "

I so love this this whole film and that entire scene. The exteriors in Monument Valley are spectacular as is the cinematography. I've never seen a film shot from that era with that colour and balance. My Film Studies professor in University was from Rochester, NY and when we were shown this film (still had a theatre in our University with a Vistascope projector fitting) he asked us how it related to American culture when it was released.

None of us 20 year old Canadians in the class had the slightest idea what he was talking about in 1991. He answered with a word I had never heard before - "miscegenation". At that time in the USA, Civil Rights, Segregation etc. were becoming a very hot topic (1956). I had no idea what this meant until I heard about "Blood Quantum" and other weird fears from that period.

I've watched this film at least 10 times since, and I still love it. The miscegenation angle with Scar and Natalie Wood always makes me watch it from a different angle, but I think my Prof was right - it's there. Whether it was "current" or just a remnant of the old Indian captivity narratives from colonial America, I don't know.

I was lucky enough to drive through Monument Valley 5 years ago and see it up close. It is even more spectacular and weird than how John ford filmed it. The cool, old hotel that John Wayne and John Ford stayed in in Gallup is still there too. Luckily, as a Canadian visiting, the weather managed to have gusting 50mph winds and sideways blowing snow waiting for me in March :-)

The first time I saw The Shining I didn't understand much, I read it as a man who had gone to a hotel with his family and suddenly wanted to kill them and they were running away and defending themselves, I even laughed... When you don't have the knowledge to understand the whole package of information sometimes the link is activated and it is in many cases when suddenly one is told: "it reminds me of the film such as ....".

Stanley Kubric (which sounds in Spanish like “encubrir” whitewashing) is one of the few directors who, to my understanding, creates his universe in the most objective way possible, where his objectual world is connected with the psychic, conceptual and biological world which implies an almost architectural interrelation between dialogues, colors, mental spaces and different layers that conform and fit reality.
This film has several iconic scenes: Dani on the tricycle-twins, apollo11, room 237, the blood, the labyrinth, Jack, Wendy and the axe.

The axe scene is a key moment that marks the programmed schizophrenic reality of the family. A family that in my opinion suffers from transgenerational ritual abuse that would make up the MK program society and that Kubric exposes throughout the film with threads to pull.
Everything takes place inside the bedroom and bathroom of the Torrens couple (the De la Torre's) and the spaces are divided by the access of the door -Redrum-morder-, (door, tur, fuerta, red-pink room, killer) an architectural metaphor of their dissociations that divide one reality from the other: politically correct frontal alters and traumatic, perverted, hidden alters, 237=732 code.
Jack is looking for Wendy and Dany to kill them and for this he carries an axe, Wendy ,the one from Neverland, has a programming failure -which is revealed in the bear scene- and rebels against Jack, so fleeing she ends up in the bathroom of her room with Dani (Dani boy), they try to escape through a small window from which Dany can get out, here we perceive a kind of rebirth of Dany (exit-Twins) to the cold zone of the labyrinth.
After breaking down the first door of the entrance to her bedroom, Jack knocks on the bathroom door-Redrum- and suggests with cynical malevolence the children's story of the wolf and the piglets is a way of connoting that he abuses Dany and that the diminutives Johnny-Dani (Jack Daniels) have suffered the same treatment and are one in programming, reminiscent of the scene of the twins as a symbol of dissociation. Then he enters with the violence of the axe on the door to gain access, in the same way that the controller enters the mind of the controlled.
Wendy, unable to escape, resigns herself to remain in the cold zone and takes the knife she has taken from Dani. After a masterful histrionic performance by Wendy between pleas and screams, the blows of the axe make a kind of opening through which the iconic image of a Jack completely possessed by his alter comes out, revealing: "Here is Johnny", who we already know who he is.

For Johnny, Wendy is a mother who, deprogrammed and in rebellion, is no longer welcome. So his programmatic command orders him to use his "patriarchy" - which at the same time is the negation of it - to sacrifice her (maternity). A command given by those who care about misunderstanding, loyalty and obedience (the ladder, the eagle, the hierarchy).
Wendy takes the knife and cuts off the hand with which she tries to access the door, thus completing a failed rebirth.

Kubric makes it very difficult for us, because we are in a vicious circle of how the executioner becomes the victim and the abuser becomes the abused, but as from the difficulty we can only understand the deep truth, in reality it is the victim who becomes the executioner, the abused becomes the abuser, this is the real programming, the executioner makes the victim another executioner. The programmed becomes the programmer.
All told with architecture, design, much insight and subtlety.
I really like your deep take on Kubrick/King's MK-Ultra and other symbolic acts that occur in the Shining. But It may not be completely the whole picture.

There's another side to this, which is more "wendigo/windigo". Isolation in many months of deep cold and snow can change your mind. It doesn't break you in November when everything dies and the north winds come in and start to freeze everything. But by February or March, the relentless winds and can cold break you. If you don't take the proper "mental" hygiene the isolation and the quiet come after you.

I do think Kubrick and King had some knowledge of this phenomenon. Here we call it "Kee-Way-Tin" the voice or spirit of the north wind. It freezes your blood when you walk into it. It's both a physical and mental torture. If you check out "Windigo Psychosis" papers it was or maybe still is considered a legitimate mental health illness.

It is more likely possession. It's hard to explain it to people who haven't experienced that long silence, ice and cold for a prolonged period, but when you do - The Shining becomes completely believable when you throw someone who doesn't know what to look for as a threat into that situation.

Not a movie - but a great recount of some of those same elements that happen in the north...

There's a couple good Marvel movie scenes I like, but I really liked the message in this exchange between Luke and Rey. It turns out this was removed from the theatrical release so I was disappointed because that line was really good. It sounds like, "All there is is lessons." Starts about half way @ 2:24 in this video:

STAR WARS 8: The Last Jedi Trailers (2017)

I don't remember where I read that there are people who can influence the creative thinking of such Hollywood directors to create stories that allow them to show reality disguised in entertainment fiction.
I would like to know this mechanism, how they do it, it would be like certain brains are able to tune in to the signal emitted by a secret organization and inspire their victims, I guess to do that there is a lot of preparation behind (astronomical, mathematical knowledge and a whole ritualism involved).
This also tells us that creative thinking can be destructive in many cases as those who only enhance entropy on the planet as atomic weapons.

I don't remember where I read that there are people who can influence the creative thinking of such Hollywood directors to create stories that allow them to show reality disguised in entertainment fiction.
I would like to know this mechanism, how they do it, it would be like certain brains are able to tune in to the signal emitted by a secret organization and inspire their victims, I guess to do that there is a lot of preparation behind (astronomical, mathematical knowledge and a whole ritualism involved).
This also tells us that creative thinking can be destructive in many cases as those who only enhance entropy on the planet as atomic weapons.

Here’s what the Cassiopaeans said about it:

Q: (T) Is there any significance to the ID4 movie?

A: Sure.

Q: (L) What was the primary intention of the makers of this movie? The primary message that they attempted to convey?

A: Infuse thinking patterns with [planchette swirled a few times here] concept of aliens.

Q: (L) They intended to infuse thinking patterns with concept of aliens... was there any particular slant on aliens, per se, that was seen as desirable in the making of this movie?

A: Slant?

Q: (L) Slant, in other words, did they wish to present them inaccurately to confuse people, to present them as something to be feared and fought against, or to make them appear so completely erroneous, so that when actual aliens do appear, that they will not be perceived as negative?

A: Infuse.

Q: (L) Infuse. Just the concept, the concept of aliens in general. OK...

A: Part of a larger project.

Q: (L) And what is this project?

A: Called "Project Awaken."

Q: (L) And who is behind, or in charge of, this project?

A: Many.

Q: (L) Who are the primary group, groups or individuals? I'm sure you're not going to give us individuals, but just the grouping.

A: Thor's Pantheum.

Q: (L) And what is Thor's Pantheum?

A: Subselect trainees for transfer of enlightenment frequency graduation.

Q: (L) What is enlightenment frequency graduation?

A: Think!

Q: (L) Enlightenment frequency graduation... so, subselect trainees...

A: Self explanatory.

Q: (L) Well, is this group STS or STO?

A: Both.

Q: (L) OK... (T) Are they working at cross purposes?

A: No.

Q: (T) They're working together? Bipartisan?

Q: (J) Are they aware of each other? Working on this?

A: Yes.

Q: (J) Are they screwing each other up? (L) No, that's going in the wrong direction...

A: There is more to all of this than you could dream.

Q: (T) There's more to all of this...were you referring to... Who are they? Thor's Pantheum. And they're subselect trainees...That's the group behind this movie; OK...

A: An army of Aryan psychic projectors.

Q: (T) Well, that explains a lot more than Thor's Pantheum of subselect trainees! An army of psychic projectors. (L) And what do they project?

A: Themselves... Right in to one's head.

Q: (T) Into one's head... this is better than 'Must See TV!' (L) Project right into one's head... is anybody subject to this projecting?

Q: (L) And, when they project themselves right into someone's head, what does that someone perceive?

A: Inspiration.

Q: (L) Inspiration to what, or to do what?

Q: (L) Yes? To do what, to do something?

A: And...

Q: (L) To do something, and to understand or perceive something, is that it?

Q: (J) To believe something? (L) Yes. So, how many are in this army?

A: 1.6 million.

Q: (L) When they're doing this projecting into someone's head, where are they projecting from?

A: Mostly subterranean.

Q: (L) Subterranean, so these are the people of the tunnels, the underground bases and all that sort of thing. Are they 3rd or 4th density beings?

A: Both.

Q: (T) Let me back up to a question here. If they can do all this projecting on their own, what was the point of the movie?

A: No, you misunderstand... This is an intense activity, directed towards influencing the high level creative forces.

Q: (T) Projected against? Because this movie, if you've been following the reviews and the people talking about it, this movie has had more repeat business than any movie in years and years and years and years. People have seen it ten and twenty times! (L) Was there something subliminal in the movie? That opened something? (J) That's a good question!

A: Sure.

Q: (L) And was this subliminal activity with the movie designed to create an opening for this further...

A: Not for you, but for others.

Q: (L) Why? Do you mean me, personally, or us as a group? (T) Well the movie didn't affect me.

A: Group.

Q: (L) What made us immune?

A: You already have the knowledge.

Q: (T) The movie wasn't meant for us; we already know. The movie was meant for all of those who don't understand.

A: Say hello to Gene Roddenberry.

Q: (L) Is Gene Roddenberry present?

Q: (L) In other words, say hello to him because he was doing that sort of thing a long time ago?

Q: (L) Is Gene Roddenberry one of these people from Thor's Pantheon...

Q: (L) Why did you bring up Gene Roddenberry? (J) Because he was doing it in Star Trek?

Q: (T) He was doing a whole different thing with Star Trek... (L) Well, let’s not get too far off track...

A: It's not the exact "Slant," it's "the concept, stupid."

Q: (T) Well ,they don't have to get insulting here! (L) They weren't. Ok...

A: "Its the economy, stupid."

Q: (J) We knew that!! (T) I was just teasing. Mirth!! Mirth! (L) Hold everything. When you say influencing high level creative forces, do you mean as in gathering, what would you call it, gravity waves...

Q: (L) What are these high level creative forces that are needing to be influenced, or desirable of being influenced?

A: Those in the creative arts.

Q: (L) So in other words, I see, this group is using their projecting ability to influence those in the creative arts to do creative things that will therefore influence the people on the planet. Is that it?

Q: (L) And, these individuals are in the underground tunnels, and you say that they are both STS and STO.

A: We did not specify "tunnels," you did.

Q: (T) They said... how did they put that? Subterranean... (J) Mostly subterranean.(T) ... Underground. In other words, underground, as in resistance fighters type underground, underground as in ...

Q: (T) Not fighters, but the idea that they are part of the underground movement? (L) Subterranean as in literally under the ground?

Q: (L) OK, but not tunnels, then what?

A: We did not say "no tunnels" either.

Q: (L) Are these individuals living... I know we said the tunnels...

A: The point is: what happens when you assume?

Q: (L) We won't assume. Are there any specific things about this movie other than the general import of opening to the idea of aliens...

Q: (L) So there's no specific thing that we can pin down in this movie, and say that this might be an accurate representation of anything? It was just entertainment for that purpose?

A: Enough about the movie, already!

Q: (T) But they were the ones who brought it up! (L) Well, yes, but maybe they want us to get on to the subject of this 'Thor's Pantheon' thing? (T) Well, I want to make sure that we're not missing something... (T) So, we're looking at some Aryan psychic projectors who are trying to stimulate people in a positive way, a la Gene Roddenberry... (L) Now, that's an assumption. Can we say that they are stimulating people in a positive way?

A: Maybe.

Q: (J) Can we say that they are stimulating people in a negative way?

A: Maybe.

Q: (L) So, there's probably a little of both. And you say that we are immune to it because we already have knowledge. Now, when you say we have knowledge, do you mean just knowledge in particular about aliens and alien realities and alien potentials and so forth?

Back
Top Bottom