Favorite movie scenes

Steven Soderbergh's The Limey sticks with me. Terrence Stamp plays an English convict who travels to the U.S to find out who killed his daughter. This scene shows him tracking down the people who knew her. Language is very spicy, not a film for the kids. Brilliant performance from Stamp though!

“You can’t win, it’s pointless to keep fighting! Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you persist?”
“Because I choose to.”

That was a chilling moment seeing into the mind of Agent Smith...I guess our foes wish for us to exist in a nihilistic state of mind.....On that dreary note, a movie clip from, "Second Hand Lions," ....A movie my son and I enjoyed....Text is from The New Columbian Movement:

Modernity has no heroes.

"Much of modern academia spends their days deconstructing, sterilizing or outright condemning the heroic actions of history in an effort to justify the lie that we’re living at the pinnacle of human achievement. Yet, many of us intuitively sense this is not the case.

Cultures throughout time transmitted their histories orally because it was not the minutiae of facts and figures that needed emphasis, as modern education would have us believe. What mattered was conveying the spirit of such events - the achievements made, the adversities overcome or the lessons learned. Our young today are in desperate need of heroes that can inspire them to greatness! You can give that to them. Otherwise, they are destined to drown in the gray pollution of spiritual idleness."

Back
Top Bottom