Films I like

Thank you again @caballero reyes to remind us Ingmar Bergman. I wanted to see all of his movies again, this spring. I really think that it is vital, extremely vital to see good movies and read good books when living in dark times. We need beauty, almost as we need air.

The Seventh Seal is a Masterpiece, I forgot how extraordinary is this movie. Incredible.

Here is an excellent copy from Youtube of the movie.

WOMEN WITHOUT TOMORROW.
and Men without conscience.

It's a pity that the movie doesn't have subtitles, it has very good dialogues.--

Margot.-- Where do you come from?
Antonio.--I come from another solitude as great as yours.

Margot, -If her husband does something crazy, it will fall on your conscience.
Willy.-- My conscience? Where will I have that?

Willy discovers that Beba steals from Cabaret clients.

Willy.--I'm going to announce these lost things and tomorrow you get out of here, I don't want thieves in my house.
Beba.--And you, when are you leaving?
Willy.--Brave huh. Aren't you afraid of me?
Beba.--Yes, but I'll hold on.
Willy.--You're going to stay here until you're afraid of me.
Beba.--And if I don't want to?
Willy.--Don't you remember where you came from? You're a bit grown up to go back there,' but there are other institutions For the elderly, this may be the key and your skills may be of use to me.
Beba.--They wouldn't help you, I'm too stupid, I always lose everything.
Willy.—You're still an idiot, it's convenient for you, but when I tell you, you'll be cured.

Marta.--Many times I have thought of Willy's face when they kill him, there are dead people who change their faces in peace, not him. Olga (Mrs. Ederly).-- Don't talk like that.
Marta.--It bothers you, right? You do know your death face well, you see it every day in the mirror, you don't like it, your family has believed you in hell for years and you are here in this one.

Margot.-- (to the police)-It's that I had been born again and they haven't let me live.

KLONDIKE. (2022) Dir. Marina Gorbach.

From wik.-i
Klondike (Ukrainian: Клондайк, romanized: Klondaik) is a 2022 Ukrainian war drama film written, directed, and edited by Maryna Gorbach. The film stars Oxana Cherkashyna as a pregnant woman living near the Ukraine-Russia border during the Russo-Ukrainian War and the shooting of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17. Klondike premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on January 21, 2022, where it won the World Dramatic Film Competition for direction.2 At the Berlin International Film Festival, it won second place in the Panorama Audience Award category.

The film centers on the story of a local Ukrainian family trapped in the epicenter of the MH17 crash. The actions took place on July 17, 2014, in the town of Grabove, Donetsk region, near the border with Russia.4 The protagonists Irina and Anatoly are expecting their first child, while the war brutally invades their lives along with the remains of a downed Boeing. The woman refuses to evacuate, even when the town is occupied by armed groups.

TRASVESTISM IN MEXICAN CINEMA.

''A MAN HAS KISSED ME''. DIR. JULIAN SOLER.
WITH MARIA ELENA MARQUEZ AND ABEL SALAZAR.
During the war in France, Luisa is orphaned and she decides to emigrate to Mexico, because she has some friends there who could help her. Moments before boarding her transport, she realizes that he does not bring any documentation with her other than the passports of her relatives and since they deny him passage to her, it occurs to him to impersonate her brother. Successful in her plan, she arrives in Mexico and gets a job as an assistant to the Engineer, who ends up falling in love with the boy.

Doña mariquita de mi corazón.

Con Joaquin Pardave y Silvia Pinal.

Adolfo, Doña Mariquita's son, is engaged to Marisa to please her mother, but his true love is Paz. Therefore, Mari Tere, a friend of Paz, plans a lie, to prevent Marisa and Adolfo's wedding. However, when disguising herself as Doña Mariquita and her children, not everything goes well and trouble is immediate. In the end the real Ladybug reveals her identity and organizes the wedding of all the boys. (FILMAFFINITY)

Trailer 1

tráiler 2

tráiler 3

Last edited:
One good film I just watched recently was Communion, the 1989 Sci-Fi classic starring Christopher Walken as a man spooked by a high strangeness event. Based on Whitley Streiber's book of the same name, the aliens are weird as hell, like trolls almost, and Walken goes full-on weirdo in this film, love it. At one point he's soaking up a 4d experience, and he says to the aliens "I am the dreamer, you are the dream". Second only to Fire in the Sky in my book. Well worth a watch.:cool2:

The Splendor of Drama.

Minnelli‘s Hollywood at his best.

The Bad and the Beautiful
Dir. Vincent Minnelli.

The Bad and the Beautiful is a 1952 American melodrama that tells the story of a film producer who alienates everyone around him. The film was directed by Vincente Minnelli, written by George Bradshaw and Charles Schnee, and starring Lana Turner, Kirk Douglas, Walter Pidgeon, Dick Powell, Barry Sullivan, Gloria Grahame and Gilbert Roland. The Bad and the Beautiful won five Academy Awards out of six nominations in 1952 (including Gloria Grahame winning Best Supporting Actress), a record for the most awards for a movie that was not nominated for Best Picture or for Best Director.[citation needed]
In 2002, the United States Library of Congress deemed the film "culturally significant" and selected it for preservation in the National Film Registry.[2][3] The theme song, "The Bad and the Beautiful", penned by David Raksin, became a jazz standard and has been cited as an example of an excellent movie theme. From Wiki.

Last edited:
Caballero
I recently had the chance to see Kurosawa's Rashomon in a cinema with a new, retouched print. It was incredible. I've seen this film many times before, but not with a new print. I was able to admire the colors of nature even though the film is in black and white! Kurosawa was a great master of the cinema who had a first-rate team, men who knew how to film and also good cameras for filming.

The film was presented by a local director, and he told us a wonderful anecdote about Kurosawa. The film Rashomon ends with hope, and that's very important. The anecdote goes like this : When Kurosawa was a child, there was a big earthquake in Japan and his brother took him by the hand to show him the disaster. Kurosawa saw death, destruction and pain as he walked through the streets destroyed by the earthquake. And then suddenly he also saw a dog, living among the rubble. And for him, this dog was a symbol of hope, a symbol of life. And this hope is in the end of the movie Rashomon.

Thanks to the copy of Rashomon that I saw, I also appreciated the actors' faces, and how the camera played an important role in showing us the characters' inner selves.

And what's extraordinary is that Kurosawa invites us to participate in a kind of silent meditation.

Our soul or spirit needs beauty and silence, especially in these dark times in which we live.

And the film asks: where is the truth?

The Splendor of Drama Between Women

Fassbinder’s masterpiece.

The bitters tears of Petra Von Kant

The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant (German: Die bitteren Tränen der Petra von Kant) is a 1972 West German romantic drama film written and directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder, based on his own play. Featuring an all-female cast, the plot takes place entirely in the home of narcissistic protagonist Petra von Kant,[1] and follows the changing dynamics in her relationships with other women. Petra's story is told in a theatre-esque fashion in four acts, each depicting her state of mind hinted visually by her clothes and hair. The film was entered into the 22nd Berlin International Film Festival.

Petra von Kant (Carstensen) is a prominent fashion designer based in Bremen. The film is almost totally restricted to her apartment's bedroom, decorated by a huge reproduction of Poussin's Midas and Bacchus (c.1630), which depicts naked and partially clothed men and women. The room also contains numerous life-size mannequins for her work, though only her assistant Marlene (Hermann) is shown using them.

Petra's marriages have ended in death or divorce. Her first husband Pierre was a great love, who died in a car accident while Petra was pregnant; the second began the same way, but ended in disgust. Petra lives with Marlene, another designer, whom she treats as a slave, and this relationship reveals Petra's sadistic, codependent tendencies. WIKI.

German version with Portuguese subtitles.

Medea - Medéia: A Feiticeira do Amor -1969 - Pier Paolo Pasolini - María Callas​

I watched it last night after maybe more than 20 years. Absolut elixir for the informaiotn overload we are facing today. As well as a reminder of how the only way to make it through is to make living through myths alive.

La Ligne Verte

1687163852707.png

SYNOPSIS​

Interdit aux moins de 12 ans
Paul Edgecomb, pensionnaire centenaire d'une maison de retraite, est hanté par ses souvenirs. Gardien-chef du pénitencier de Cold Mountain en 1935, il était chargé de veiller au bon déroulement des exécutions capitales en s’efforçant d'adoucir les derniers moments des condamnés. Parmi eux se trouvait un colosse du nom de John Coffey, accusé du viol et du meurtre de deux fillettes. Intrigué par cet homme candide et timide aux dons magiques, Edgecomb va tisser avec lui des liens très forts.

Paul Edgecomb, a hundred-year-old resident of a nursing home, is haunted by his memories. Chief warden of Cold Mountain Penitentiary in 1935, he was responsible for ensuring the smooth running of capital executions by striving to soften the last moments of the condemned. Among them was a colossus named John Coffey, accused of the rape and murder of two young girls. Intrigued by this candid and shy man with magical gifts, Edgecomb will forge very strong bonds with him.

Back
Top Bottom