flaw in the mirror

Speaking of Energetic Balance: You are helping me all the time, but what can I give you in exchange? What about this: I am an illustrator. If there is anything that must be illustrated, I'd like to offer you my services. There must be a certain e-mail-address. I could send you my portfolio :)

floetus said:
Speaking of Energetic Balance: You are helping me all the time, but what can I give you in exchange? What about this: I am an illustrator. If there is anything that must be illustrated, I'd like to offer you my services. There must be a certain e-mail-address. I could send you my portfolio :)

How about just posting a few images from your portfolio here for us to check out?

floetus said:
Hello everyone :) (I hope I won't regret it)

floetus said:
Yes, I do regret it :|

floetus said:
Maybe I should not regret it after all :)

Let me quote something from Laura:

session 980313 said:
Q: My strongest learning comes when I really do something stupid!

And I agree with others, it's great that you found the courage to come back and as well that you have posted this.

floetus said:

Maybe just try to keep on track with the forum, here are just two examples where forum members created something:

Revamp of The Wave

Prayer of the soul wallpapers

And I think creative input is always welcome.
That said, you can also share some work of you in this topic creative acts if you like.

***edit***
corrected link

floetus said:
Speaking of Energetic Balance: You are helping me all the time, but what can I give you in exchange?

floetus, you are already giving in this way at least: Sharing of yourself so that you, me and others can learn from the interaction. You are networking! :)

Re: flaw in the miror

Tykes said:
Hello floetus, maybe you would like to have a look at the Cassiopedia Glossary, there you will find a lot of information about the concepts used in the work. Here you have a link about "Imagination vs. Impression"http://www.cassiopedia.org/glossary/Imagination_vs._Impression

So its not the ability of imagination per se that is corrupting, its rather the way it is used. The more I am identifying with the imaginary process of inner trial and error, the worse it gets, the tighter I am sleeping.

The key distinction here is between mental activity which leads to action and mental activity which alone seeks to generate more similar mental activity.

But if it is part of a consciousness and knowledge producing process, its quite handy. So its about proportioning actually. The Grate IT should get the biggest part, because, of course, it is actually the biggest part in anybodies life, isn't it? Small me, big world. I guess the more conscious and objective a person is, the more objective his or her art will be. Qualities that are subjectively seen in the beginning, are meaningful for the subject alone. There is no differentiation between imagination and reality, as long as only the things that are "understood" are seen. Those are rather inner pieces of imagination than the actual things out there.

"Controlling" your own familiar reality in terms of simulating reality unconsciously, dreaming and being all alone VS being "lost" in our weird, weird reality in terms of seeing IT consciously, being awake and networking. Am I right? :D

floetus said:
"Controlling" your own familiar reality in terms of simulating reality unconsciously, dreaming and being all alone VS being "lost" in our weird, weird reality in terms of seeing IT consciously, being awake and networking. Am I right? :D

Hi floetus. I'm no expert, so take anything I say with a grain of salt. I may not totally understand your question, so please feel free to guide me back to your point if I veer off.

As the article that Tykes linked to states, it is a complex question. Perhaps it could be more like this:
...being "lost" in our weird, weird imaginative reality, dreaming and being all alone VS "Controlling" your own familiar reality in terms of seeing IT consciously, being awake and networking. Does that make any sense?

Here's my take, in a nutshell. For the following:

[quote author=http://www.cassiopedia.org/glossary/Imagination_vs._Impression]
We could say that subjective art is expression of self purely based on inner considering.
...that imagination is simple mechanical recombination of existing contents.[/quote]

I would think that would be more like Picasso's work during his "cubism" period, or perhapslike, during WWII, when he expressed anger and condemnation of Francisco Franco and fascists through his art. (That's not a judgement on Picasso's political views rather more like an example of using internal considering projected outward so you can see his 'insides', so to speak).

whereas:

[quote author=http://www.cassiopedia.org/glossary/Imagination_vs._Impression]
Objective art has an element of external considering and deliberateness.
Creativity on the other hand is more akin to tapping into objective contents and giving them a conscious expression in whatever form. One may choose to express beauty of nature, study this, experience this, consider how to render it so that the experience can be reconstructed and then realize this as a work of art.[/quote]

Would probably be more like Van Gogh's painting titled "Wheatfield with Crows, July 1890":
_http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/gogh/html/rotate/070.htm

This is objective art in my view. Not a stylistic representation of the elements of nature that you can see, rather the impressions available from viewing the relationships you can find within the whole: the existence of beings capable of a regular planting pattern and needing the tracks for some purpose, the implied existence of forces capable of shaping things in ways that a person familiar with some fluid dynamics might recognize...The power of a storm...that sort of thing. The stuff you can't see with your 3D eyes but you can experience as impressions if you look at what you can see instead of the expectations we are programmed with.

That's my take, fwiw.

I don't think, my words describe it accurately. Maybe your version is closer, hmm. But I guess the original is still best.

Its quite a riddle. Actually there are two worlds, right? On the one hand there is an observing, silent witness, one that is just aware of whatever happens within range and on the other hand there is the world, the Great It with all these weired things happening. The witness is also aware of a certain "me" who likes to identify, who is talking all the time, who is talking so loudly, that the silent witness can't be heard.

Right now I get the impression, that the process of identification is separating one world from the other. Hmm, but maybe I am making things worse. :P I am going to consult Mme de Salzmannn once more.

Its interesting what you've said about those paintings and what objective art might be... I need to give it some more thought. ;)

By the way, I've started the pipe breathing and the belly breathing. The first one is quite relaxing, maybe too relaxing. I even felt asleep :P

Buddy said:
The stuff you can't see with your 3D eyes but you can experience as impressions if you look at what you can see instead of the expectations we are programmed with.

Maybe this is what I tried to express in this way: "There is no differentiation between imagination and reality, as long as only the things that are "understood" are seen. Those are rather inner pieces of imagination (that wants to be confirmed, causing expectations all the time)." As I understand it, seeing the actual thing means observing the effects and impacts it causes. Its not about explaining the thing and its effects. Its about experiencing it purely, feeling its groove, feeling the flow, being one with what you can just see. And if that is done, you can try to express what you have observed. You can try to express the impression you got in this very moment of being :D

Buddy said:
As the article that Tykes linked to states, it is a complex question. Perhaps it could be more like this:
...being "lost" in our weird, weird imaginative reality, dreaming and being all alone VS "Controlling" your own familiar reality in terms of seeing IT consciously, being awake and networking. Does that make any sense?

I must admit, it does make sense now :) I could not see it at first. Of course everone has his very own reality, that is simply limited through a single pair of eyes. But you can see this physical "subjectivity" in a more objective way. There is a German word for it: "Selbst-Abständigkeit", which means "to keep a safety distance to yourself" Its the silent witness that keeps distance to a certain "me", which helps you debugging yourselves. In this way I can controll my reality. Correct me if I am wrong :)

floetus said:
I started the German translation of High Strangeness but I had to stop after the first chapter because the complete translation is still in progress.

floetus said:
Speaking of Energetic Balance: You are helping me all the time, but what can I give you in exchange?

Hi floetus,

I am glad that you don't give up to try to see your reflection in the mirror!

I wanted to note that everything up to chapter 4 of High Strangeness is now uploaded, and chapter 5 is following soon. If you want to give something back, you could proofread the translations -- find typos, grammar errors, etc. That is a big part of the overall effort of translating, and directly related to external considering! Because the audience should clearly understand what is written. As proofreader, when working towards clean, correct, expressive, non-ambiguous language, you have to put yourself in the reader's shoes, so to speak, and all of that can definitely rewire your brain in a positive sense!

Data said:
I wanted to note that everything up to chapter 4 of High Strangeness is now uploaded, and chapter 5 is following soon. If you want to give something back, you could proofread the translations -- find typos, grammar errors, etc.

Great! :D I will go on reading as soon as its available. I am not sure if my English skills will be of a great help, but I'll do my best.

I mean, I must compare the German text to the English one, check if the sense of the text has been transported without loss. That calls for understanding the English text properly. Anyway I'll do, what I can :)

In any case I can proofread on the German side. I will collect whatever I find :D

Back
Top Bottom