Food Allergy Blood Tests and results

I've been reading through this topic and its very interesting. Might get retested using the same company everyone else is using. Although my test says I can eat eggs and I do quite like eggs I'm wondering if I am sensitive to them... I'm finding I can have spells of being grumpy and tired and loss of appetite after eating foods and think eggs do that to me which is weird because it should be a super food... this happened with chicken which I'm intolerant too the other week before my results and I lost all appetite after eating it and gave the chicken away. I'm testing to see if butter does the same. Tiredness/crankiness I think is my response to foods my body doesnt like.

What is measured to make a food fall in the allergen category? Antibody reaction? What is the threshold? I'm curious.

I was trying to get food allergy test done for some time. Before, I was able to get the kit from Alletess and my doctor draw the blood during my annual checkup. For the last 3 or 4 years, the problem i faced is, doctors in New Jersey(NJ) were not interested to be part of these tests. I see another option which is finger prick test which doesn't require doctor's endorsement or drawing the blood. We can do it at our home itself. I am not sure how effective it is w.r.t blood serum allergy test. Did any body tried this or have opinion of it?

Even with this, there are some challenges. It looks NJ, NY,RI these tests are not allowed and they can't ship the kit to NJ address. This issue I can manage it by giving friends address in another state and ask him to mail it to me. The same problem I faced with H. Pyroli test. H.Pyroli test is little easier as I live near PA border and cross the border, get the kit from PA lab and went there to drop off.

I am not sure if there is any other options to get this food allergy test done.

Hello.

I found the following videos talking about the differences between IgG tests and something called MRT + LEAP protocol. I am wondering which test I should take to obtain the most accurate results. Here are the videos (below):

Back
Top Bottom