FOTCM: Application for Membership

Peam said:
Should the return address have 'USA' added on the bottom for those posting from other countries?

Yes, sorry I forgot myself!

dant said:
Just for your information, you might want to look at the
free software: OpenOffice.org.

Thanks dant. I've downloaded the openoffice program and formatted the document for better clarity as I'm mailing it out pretty soon. =)

I am starting to like openoffice program works now since my word program was having issues for a while.

dant said:

Thanks Dant.
I'm going to use Acrobat Professional for this and create editable fields so people will be able to type in text and tick boxes, etc.

domi said:
Thanks Dant.
I'm going to use Acrobat Professional for this and create editable fields so people will be able to type in text and tick boxes, etc.

That will be really useful.

I must say that I have developed a somewhat paranoid attitude towards giving out "personal information", as it can be used in many ways for identity theft etc.

I'm not saying that the FOTCM organization would do that, but that stored info. can be intercepted or stolen, especially by those who wish ill will towards this group.

Also, I am wondering why information on the following is requested:

date of birth, place of birth, occupation, employer, people in the household etc.

Of what relevance are these things to a religion? Why do you need to know about other people who have no interest in joining and who may not even know FOTCM exists?

Just askin'

Phil

domi said:
dant said:

Thanks Dant.

Domi, you are very welcome as always!

I don't have Acrobat so I cannot do that, but I am glad you can!!! :)

It will be very useful indeed!

anart said:
Buddy said:
darn! if I had only waited one more day... :)

I just mailed a 'request' for application this morning, along with some bux for postage. Could I persuade someone to hold onto that 'request' and let me fill out and send this one in instead?

Worry not, all those who already sent in letters. Go ahead and fill out the form and send it in - any postage amount you sent in will be applied to covering the mailing of the membership certificates, etc.

I'm also one of those who already sent in a request for an application. Thanks for clarifying this. I'll resend the request along with the official application form. :)

pstott said:
I must say that I have developed a somewhat paranoid attitude towards giving out "personal information", as it can be used in many ways for identity theft etc.

I'm not saying that the FOTCM organization would do that, but that stored info. can be intercepted or stolen, especially by those who wish ill will towards this group.

Also, I am wondering why information on the following is requested:

date of birth, place of birth, occupation, employer, people in the household etc.

Of what relevance are these things to a religion? Why do you need to know about other people who have no interest in joining and who may not even know FOTCM exists?

Just askin'

Phil

Two reasons: 1) the app is modeled after similar apps. 2) Those are things I want to know about you (anyone) because it helps me to know/visualize you. If you want to hide, then simply don't join. I don't need to know anyone who doesn't want to be known.

Regarding "Number of times married" question.
On any official appl I state "never married", as legally I never was. Being in two long term relationships with a child from each was like marriage. Here in AU one relationship (15 yrs) was officially recognised as "de facto" marriage.
Should I treat this appl as "any other" official one and state "never married" ?

Also, instead of sending check, can we donate online ?

Hmm... this brings up a question: why does one
who might have light, have any need to hide in
darkness; to conceal what might be the light within?
To whom, does this fear benefit?

In regards to this question:

What way(s) do you desire to serve within our Fellowship (based on your interests, abilities, gifts, and time)?

In what ways can we serve the Fellowship? I know that some may be able to teach EE or some may be able to fund raise or advertise. I would like to know what other ways one could be of service to the organization.

there's a * to "Email". I guess a footnote regarding it has been forgotten?

edit : also a classic entry : "gender" is missing, is it deliberate?

Hey Masa, anything that you can do. Off the top of my head, web design, graphic design, programming, marketing, translation, data analysis & interpretation, editing, writing, building, business skills, legal knowledge. Basically it's like the app says, any interest, abilities, hobbies or free time you may have that could somehow be of use to the organization, and practically any ability can be put to good use if creatively applied.

Masamune said:
In regards to this question:

What way(s) do you desire to serve within our Fellowship (based on your interests, abilities, gifts, and time)?

In what ways can we serve the Fellowship? I know that some may be able to teach EE or some may be able to fund raise or advertise. I would like to know what other ways one could be of service to the organization.

dant said:

Hmmm yes, but IMHO strategic enclosure still apply anyway.

dant said:

On the other hand, people have a right to privacy. Their is nothing wrong with that. If one feels uncomfortable giving personal information, that is ok, it should not be looked at as a negative towards that person. Many people say the same thing above, with respect to Big Brother tactics. The saying "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about" is one of those paramoralisms, The point isn't that their is something to hide, it is that one has a right to privacy. That is respected, but it is a personal decisions that does affect one's membership in the Fellowship.

Back
Top Bottom