FOTCM: Application for Membership

ozrich said:
Also, instead of sending check, can we donate online ?

Question based on this: When I've donated in the past, much like when buying books, there's a WorldPay transaction confirmation arriving in the email. I was thinking of donating online, then printing this out and including it. Would this work?

Masamune said:
In what ways can we serve the Fellowship? I know that some may be able to teach EE or some may be able to fund raise or advertise. I would like to know what other ways one could be of service to the organization.

Were I to presently fill it out, it would basically amount to stating that I'd keep on posting here (and contributing - at present meagerly - on SOTT) according to my limits and limited time, and that I have no idea in advance what else might come up.

Puck said:
Basically it's like the app says, any interest, abilities, hobbies or free time you may have that could somehow be of use to the organization, and practically any ability can be put to good use if creatively applied.

That would make for a number of vague "perhaps"es to note. Perhaps a formulation like: "Possibly things related to <field(s)> depending on specifics. I have practical knowledge of <list of topic(s) along with some details - space is limited on application, though>. I'd need to know more of projects within [this/these] categories to know if I could help."

Would that kind of formulation - given perhaps some squeezing in of additional space there in the form, or writing on the back if so noted? - be fine for an application?

Puck said:
Hey Masa, anything that you can do. Off the top of my head, web design, graphic design, programming, marketing, translation, data analysis & interpretation, editing, writing, building, business skills, legal knowledge. Basically it's like the app says, any interest, abilities, hobbies or free time you may have that could somehow be of use to the organization, and practically any ability can be put to good use if creatively applied.

Hmmm... I don't have any of these skills but I would like to help. I am just a college student but I have taken a few english classes and am good at writing so I could help with that. Also I have been through massage school and have learned a lot about alternative health so I could teach about detoxing and diet possibly... :huh:

Csayeursost said:
Question based on this: When I've donated in the past, much like when buying books, there's a WorldPay transaction confirmation arriving in the email. I was thinking of donating online, then printing this out and including it. Would this work?

Yep, I think that would be fine.

m said:
Were I to presently fill it out, it would basically amount to stating that I'd keep on posting here (and contributing - at present meagerly - on SOTT) according to my limits and limited time, and that I have no idea in advance what else might come up.

I think that's reasonable.

m said:
That would make for a number of vague "perhaps"es to note. Perhaps a formulation like: "Possibly things related to <field(s)> depending on specifics. I have practical knowledge of <list of topic(s) along with some details - space is limited on application, though>. I'd need to know more of projects within [this/these] categories to know if I could help."

Would that kind of formulation - given perhaps some squeezing in of additional space there in the form, or writing on the back if so noted? - be fine for an application?

Sure!

mkrnhr said:
there's a * to "Email". I guess a footnote regarding it has been forgotten?

edit : also a classic entry : "gender" is missing, is it deliberate?

Maybe it is also important to have a neutral gender, for someone who isn't female or male? Unfortunately I don't know the right word for it (transgender maybe?)
Just what came to my mind.

ozrich said:
Regarding "Number of times married" question.
On any official appl I state "never married", as legally I never was. Being in two long term relationships with a child from each was like marriage. Here in AU one relationship (15 yrs) was officially recognised as "de facto" marriage.
Should I treat this appl as "any other" official one and state "never married" ?

Also, instead of sending check, can we donate online ?

You can write on the back the circumstances, and yes about donations.

Gawan said:
mkrnhr said:
there's a * to "Email". I guess a footnote regarding it has been forgotten?

edit : also a classic entry : "gender" is missing, is it deliberate?

Maybe it is also important to have a neutral gender, for someone who isn't female or male? Unfortunately I don't know the right word for it (transgender maybe?)
Just what came to my mind.

Good point. Okay, we need to add gender though I imagine we COULD figure it out from the name - but not always.

So, let's add that and a question about long term relationships.

Imagine yourselves needing to "know" another person so you can tailor your understanding of that person to any possible needs they might have in the future, and you want to have a way to know this quickly and efficiently, can you think of any other necessary questions?

Hm what currency ? usd / euro ? put in the coper ? : )

Or you want PLN :P ? :cool2:

and how much ? what is minimum ? ( at this moment don't have job )

should there be info about OUR forum member login ?

Lucas said:
Hm what currency ? usd / euro ? put in the coper ? : )

Or you want PLN :P ? :cool2:

and how much ? what is minimum ? ( at this moment don't have job )

should there be info about OUR forum member login ?

You don't have to send any money with the application for membership!

I'll be going to the states in about 2 weeks. I would like to have the card before I go just in case some kind of mandatory vaccination is instituted. Do you think if I send it out tomorrow I'll get it in time? Thanks.

Laura said:
Marcus-Aurelius said:
Have not been able to find a reliable mail service able to deliver to a postal box from my country. Can't we have the filled form scanned and sent via mail or even uploaded here as picture?
If not, then I will use one my friends currently living in USA; will send it to him to send it further to the postal box. :) Yeah am so excited that I was already thinking about solutions. ;)

I'm thinking that if you are having mail troubles, just fill it out, sign it, scan it, and send it to laura(at)cassiopaea.org ... I'll print it and file it and hold it until the original comes via mail, whenever that may be.
Thank you very much Laura! I'll do it tommorrow

Laura said:

Whew! Thanks.

I was a bit worried about that after realizing it when I sent my application in yesterday.

Myrddin Awyr said:
Laura said:

Whew! Thanks.

I was a bit worried about that after realizing it when I sent my application in yesterday.

There has never really been any mandatory cost for any materials or participation from Cass or QFS.
Some people will no doubt donate varying amounts so as to cover the costs of membership cards, mailing, etc. when doing all these applications. This will probably cover the costs associated, and those who can donate are just helping the entire group to do what is necessary to be done.

So, anyone who can donate should do so, and on a regular basis because even though all the things provided for all of us are not being charged for directly, they are not really 'free' and the money must come from 'us'.

Laura said:
Imagine yourselves needing to "know" another person so you can tailor your understanding of that person to any possible needs they might have in the future, and you want to have a way to know this quickly and efficiently, can you think of any other necessary questions?

Right now unfortunately not, but I like to "take" this question with me, to consider about.

Well there is something:
  • [o]maybe to read other "application" forms, what they asked?

[o]is it important to provide the forum name in the application, so you have another bigger picture of -us-?

Family Members in Your Current Household

what shall I write for the above. I am single, divorced and my kids stays with me every other weekend. are they my family members. I think 'YES', is this true ?

Back
Top Bottom