Freaky visions

Post #14 by Craig http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=5649.msg39355#msg39355 said:
I can see sparkles and shapes moving around when looking at a plain blue sky, but they're all phenomena of my eyes. Try looking into "phosphenes", "floaters" and "leukocytes" to compare descriptions... in fact, just now I saw a phosphene.
I too see phosphenes but couldn't for the life of me figure out what they were called. Cheers Sott :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphene#Phosphenes_in_daily_life said:
The most common phosphenes are pressure phosphenes, caused by rubbing the closed eyes. The pressure mechanically stimulates the cells of the retina. Experiences include a darkening of the visual field that moves against the rubbing, a diffuse colored patch that also moves against the rubbing, a scintillating and ever-changing and deforming light grid with occasional dark spots (like a crumpling fly-spotted flyscreen), and a sparse field of intense blue points of light. Pressure phosphenes can persist briefly after the rubbing stops and the eyes are opened, allowing the phosphenes to be seen on the visual scene. Christopher Tyler (1978) has published drawings of pressure phosphenes. One example of a pressure phosphene is demonstrated by gently pressing the right side of your right eye or the left side of your left eye and observing a colored ring of light on the opposite side.

Joda wrote
" Apart from what was said earlier, check this out: http://www.sott.net/signs/forum/viewtop … 355#p39355 "

Well i for one am not still suficiently convinced that it's only such a " simple" answer , as for on 2 or 3 occasions i've been ablle to seee "it" at night ( both with eyes closed / open ) , so from my (very ) limited awareness there's got to be a more "encompassing " explanation , whatever that may mean . regards :) .

j0da said:
Still feeling "magic" ?
Well j0da, I agree that many sights/visions can be explained scientifically. This is why, within my prior post there is probably an underlying theme of disbelief & lack of understanding. This thread has granted the opportunity to hopefully find answers, for example…

Rainy Day said:
points of light. Like stars, like a diamond flash, they are white, but like pearls, look closely and the white contains all the other colours, another difference dance of colour and motion.
I forgot about the kaleidoscope of colors I see every now & then. The geometric shapes, the shape shifting, the flights across my line of vision, pulsations, sometimes they are stationary & glitter like some unexplainable object parked in front the "Star Ship Enterprise in Star Trek"? I just cannot communicate what I see. Actually I find the colors more vivid & beautiful than I’ve ever seen or can explain. Also, the ‘shapes’ & ‘revolving’ kaleidoscope of colors have sometimes even interfered with my vision. This is a rare occurrence though, and not a daily, weekly, or monthly thing. It just happens, unexpectedly from time to time.

What makes me wonder is that I’ve ‘heard’ somewhere in the past that these flashes of color may be a symptom, or may be a prelude to a brain Aneurysm getting ready to blow up. If the is true, then I’ve been on the verge of rapidly dropping dead in my tracks for a few years now. My understanding is that some of my relatives have dropped dead like this in the past (family history). But fear not! I hope to be dead before I hit the ground, lingering & suffering is my fear.

Another interesting observance is that I can't say I've noticed these ‘lights’ prior to gathering information such as presented within the forum. My gut says that they may have been present in the past. I can't prove anything. So, be this wishfull thinking, flights of fancy, or perhaps an imagination run wild out of sheer ignorance, I dunno, all I know is what I ‘think’ I see.

I've had a lot of visual phenomena as well, especially those white dancing dots. I do notice them more easily when my respiratory/circulatory rate shoots up, however they don't seem to follow any particular path or pattern. They just kinda appear and then do this short trailing motion and then disappear, like lil meteorites. Kinda explained them as an artifact of my youthful experiments in hallucinagins, but it seems others see em as well so perhaps I was mistaken.

I get this mirage-esque coating over my vision. I never noticed it before, it's hard to describe. It's like vague shapes shifting and moving back and forth across my vision. Nothing about it is recognizable and it doesn't yield any information that I can understand.

Then there's the 'pixelation'. I can see it best if I'm in a dark room or looking at a flat, monochromatic plane. It looks like a bunch of blue/red dots, very small dots, comprising my entire field of vision. Never understood that either.

::tosses his two cents into the hat::

Cyre said:
I've had a lot of visual phenomena as well, especially those white dancing dots.
altoday said:
I forgot about the kaleidoscope of colors I see every now & then. The geometric shapes, the shape shifting, the flights across my line of vision, pulsations, sometimes they are stationary & glitter like some unexplainable object parked in front the "Star Ship Enterprise in Star Trek"?
r.m. said:
Well i for one am not still suficiently convinced that it's only such a " simple" answer , as for on 2 or 3 occasions i've been ablle to seee "it" at night
rainyday said:
I believe we are on the verge of new vision.
For what it's worth, and that may be very little, I think the thread that Joda brought up definitely applies here.
Ultimately - to what extent is this a distraction and what is it teaching you? If 100% of everything we see in/on/through our eyes is a result of physiological processes, then this is a distraction. If some of what we see in/on/through our eyes is 'something else' - what does that teach you? What does it get you? How does it distract you from the task at hand which is waking up - not following the shiny objects around in the dream.

Now, the real twist comes with the idea that with the approach of the Wave, we all very well may be seeing things a little differently - but at his point in time does seeing a disembodied entity in every free floating cell in your vitreous humor really get you anywhere? Or even thinking so much about what look like fractals or spots or lights or ....... - does it help you wake up? Just some thoughts - if these things do help you wake up and aren't a distraction, then feel free to disregard these thoughts. ;)

j0da, 200 years ago electricity would have looked like 'magic'. Only 50 years ago a laptop would look unexplainable. I could go on but, the point being I believe science has not caught up. (to a lot of things, but that is another story).
Al, From what I have been reading here, some people here see different types of lights, but pretty commonly seen are the little white lights swarming around.
We sure could use a new vocabulary for this stuff.
Cyre, it seems that one can see more lights at night. I see lots when I first lay down at night, but the best time to see them, I have found is twilight, outdoors.

Try communicating with them. First off, just simply thank them for coming, for letting you see them and their exquisite beauty. Then see if a change occurs. It may take a number of 'thanks'. It would be different for everyone I suppose, but this is what I experienced.

And, yeah, someone wrote here that is just lights, pretty, doesn't interfere with life. We go on about our business. But we dont talk about it.

It is just rubbing your eyes too hard! That's a good one! Those lights are not remotely similar.
Just because you don't see it -- doesn't mean I don't. I've seen them all my life and undergone hypnotherapy in order to get some information about it. My Grandmother was into metaphysics and Theosophy, I told her what I saw when I was a child. She told me not to tell people about it. And I have learned not to!
I wonder how many people actually see these things? Is it like spirituality where, we all have the ability, and it seems to come in degrees or increments?

"For what it's worth, and that may be very little, I think the thread that Joda brought up definitely applies here.
Ultimately - to what extent is this a distraction and what is it teaching you? If 100% of everything we see in/on/through our eyes is a result of physiological processes, then this is a distraction. If some of what we see in/on/through our eyes is 'something else' - what does that teach you? What does it get you? How does it distract you from the task at hand which is waking up - not following the shiny objects around in the dream."

anart : I read the thread. It is not the same. I could go thru it all and argue, explain, etc.. That thread is a bit mixed up as floaters, eye cells, are not the little white dot lights.
It is not a distraction in that it commands attention, anymore than a daisy commands attention. I am very curious about it. The only thing that I can see it teaches it that there is more to the universe than our accepted version of reality. Also, in my OP , the lights are seen with eyes open or closed, most often open, since that is how my eyes ususally are! These are not dreams, they are not visions. I believe it is a finer way a perception. Like having a new lens to look thru. I rarely see any in the waking up process.

Rainy Day said:
Try communicating with them. First off, just simply thank them for coming, for letting you see them and their exquisite beauty. Then see if a change occurs. It may take a number of 'thanks'. It would be different for everyone I suppose, but this is what I experienced.
I dunno mang, I'd rather not communicate with anything that I can't identify, I mean, even if we could get some kind of intelligible communique from them how do we know what we're getting is the truth? The communication that I trust is stuff from sources that I can check. Asking lil white dots to talk to me might be an invitation for 4D STS to mess wit my head. They already do that enough. I'll pass.

And Anart has a point, other then seeing randomness and acknowleding that other people see it to, there really is no point in chasing this phenomenon. It serves only to distract from real Work, which is much more difficult then playing with your eye ballz, labelling what you can 'see'.

Cyre2067 said:
Rainy Day said:
I dunno mang, I'd rather not communicate with anything that I can't identify, I mean, even if we could get some kind of intelligible communique from them how do we know what we're getting is the truth? The communication that I trust is stuff from sources that I can check. Asking lil white dots to talk to me might be an invitation for 4D STS to mess wit my head. They already do that enough. I'll pass.
Yep, I'll pass that one too...

anart said:
does it help you wake up? ;)
Anart, you do have valid points. Help wake up? Perhaps yes, perhaps not. Being the human beings we are, some things can be frightening. Especially the unknown. Sometimes one needs a little help to face that fear, or uncertainty. Methinks that sometimes one must just get something out, get it off their chest, so to speak. One may receive help in that knowledge they are not alone, delusional, or maybe crazy. Perhaps this forum is not for therapy.
I agree this should not drag out in a noisy fashion though

Rainy Day said:
I've seen them all my life and undergone hypnotherapy in order to get some information about it.
If it isn't too personal, would you like to share with us what you have learned? Were those statements about these dots in your previous posts based on that hypnotherapy by any chance? How do you think, what degree of objectivity have you managed to attain in this endeavour?

Rainy Day said:
I don't see the point in thanking something for simply appearing in front of my eyes. I am not dismissing everything about your thoughts on the matter, but this one doesn't make any sense to me. Why should I thank 'something' just because I'm able to see it? In effort to attract more of 'it'? Why would I want to do that, if not having knowledge of what it is, in the first place? And why spending my time on that, anyway? You don't seem to offer any explanation (personal opinion) on what do you believe those 'things' are, except some 'love and light' theories - some wild guessing ,which is an explanation as good as any else. I could just the same state how those are actually matrix-controlling cells, hypnotizing me into deeper sleep. You couldn't prove me otherwise just like you didn't prove how it can be a good thing thanking them and attracting them more.

Whatever those are - I'm not willing to thank them just because I see them and take that as some kind of possible proof of it's existence. It's interesting, but far more interesting things are happening right now in the world and within my head/heart, the one which acquires my full attention and a bit more... I can understand if those are somehow one of your primary interest at the time, so would be interested to read your answers on Joda's post, but facts, what you've experienced and your thoughts on the matter - not 'thanking' suggestions to something so questionable at this moment.

Rainy Day said:
j0da, 200 years ago electricity would have looked like 'magic'. Only 50 years ago a laptop would look unexplainable. I could go on but, the point being I believe science has not caught up. (to a lot of things, but that is another story).
true, but you wouldnt expect people from that time who would be totally ignorant about electricity to be aware of its dangers

Rainy Day said:
Al, From what I have been reading here, some people here see different types of lights, but pretty commonly seen are the little white lights swarming around.
We sure could use a new vocabulary for this stuff.
Cyre, it seems that one can see more lights at night. I see lots when I first lay down at night, but the best time to see them, I have found is twilight, outdoors.
yes there are many people who see lights and they dont talk about it, there are also many people who see shadows, and movements in the corner of their eyes
I suppose we will not know more about these pheneomena unless we research them, but I do not think we are equiped for such research yet

Rainy Day said:
This is a bit unclear. What did youe experience? Did they communicate back? What kind of change you are talking about?

OK, if you will remain polite, I will tell you what I know. Which is not much. These lights just happen. They just appear. I did not will them to come. (Altho sometimes I do now). Since I have been almost totally on my own with this phenom I have dealt with in my own way. For a long time I just ignored it. We all ignore it for we all have the capability.
I sort of tried to run tests to see if a light came when I had a good idea (!). Or when I felt strong emotion. Then there is the cross-referencing of what colours are they displaying, etc. and whether that would have meaning.
I have drawn no solid conclusions. But there enough for me to think that it has to be a combination of both thought and good emotion. That state being present within one at the same time. Like when you are thinking that the kid needs a touque because it is going to be cold. Caring prompts the thought and they are both one.

The hynotherapy was quite revealing. The issue was to find out what the lights were/are. I was regressed to the lifetime when I first saw the lights. Without going in to a lot of detail, during a difficult lifetime in Early Middle Ages, Scotland, I learned and was granted the gift of 'second sight'.
The lights are the Communicators and/or Connectors. These are the two words that came to me. So use the Tapioca Pudding picture, the kernels, lights actually, affect all the pudding and all the light swarms and this is how things connect. Like paint mixing in to water. Now change the kernels to little comets. That is more what I saw under hynosis. And the last info I got, in hypnosis, about the connectors was that our planet Earth sphere was losing ours. Lots less lights in the pudding. I felt profoundly sad without knowing really why.

In daily life, anyone can see the white dots that swim around in between here and the sky. Usually all I see are them and like pinpricks of starlight that wink on and off, maybe 20 - 30 times a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. If I am under heavy emotional stress I hardly see any.
For you guys who think communication with them is really odd, well so do I! For me it feels like looking for a blink response in a coma patient. I just tried communication out of boredom, trial and error, to see if I could get a response. I have always known that they are 'alive' or conscious at some level, or something.
This part is what will really make you choke on your cereal ; (God I love these anonymous forums!) They (the lights) definitely have a sense of humour. When I have a good thought/emotion that is funny, or absurd, ironic laff/chuckle type idea, a light often comes on, often a largish one.
I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. Choose your own Road. I am telling you what I see. That is all. I am happy to have the opportunity to discuss it. I've tried to describe the pictures I see as best I can. Do what you will with the information, but we are all connected, it is all the same pudding.

Peace

Rainy Day said:
OK, if you will remain polite,
Apologies, but no one here has even approached being 'impolite' - could you explain why you started this post with this statement?

rd said:
I will tell you what I know. Which is not much. ... We all ignore it for we all have the capability.
If you do not know (which, admittedly, you cannot know) then how can you state so certainly that 'we all have the capability' - there is no way you can know such a thing and there is no data to indicate that this statement is anything other than wishful thinking.

rd said:
I sort of tried to run tests to see if a light came when I had a good idea (!). Or when I felt strong emotion. Then there is the cross-referencing of what colours are they displaying, etc. and whether that would have meaning.
I have drawn no solid conclusions.
Yet, you have drawn solid conclusions by concluding that these 'lights' are positive and react to your thoughts and are indicative of a 'pudding' of which we are all a part. All of this seems to amount to wishful thinking and nothing more. That is fine to the extent that you are, or course, free to wishfully think all you would like - you are free to spend your life watching subjective manifestations of light, but this forum works very hard to limit the noise on its pages. By that, I mean that data - objective, verifiable data - is what this forum strives for, so while your experience is certainly your own and subjectively valid, to make the sorts of statements that you are making here moves your posts into the realm of noise.

That does not mean that you don't have every right in the world to do and think such things in your life, but this forum serves a very specific purpose that entails and demands a strong signal to noise ratio. In short, while anecdotal evidence can be valuable for comparison, the lengths to which you have gone to create a tapestry of meaning and import around this visual phenomenon indicates that your interpretation is characterized by wishful thinking, and 'dreaming you are a magician'.

That is fine, it is your life, but this forum has a different purpose.

Then I will let this forum get on with its purpose. Data supported Freaky Visions.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom