Fukushima-Fuel Rod Removal starts November..Danger!

BHelmet said:
SummerLite said:
I spent a good part of the day yesterday looking at youtube videos and othe sources on updates and scanned the link provided by horse just now. Specifically, I was looking for information about Hawaii and its not easy to find. One article explained there is a cover up going on as many in Hawaiian government are Japanese along with much of the population and also the tourist industry would be adversely affected if radiation studies and such are made public, plus the thick program of denial. Other sources say cancer in children is on the rise. Does anyone have any good information on what is happening in Hawaii? My search on the topic was set off by my daughter hinting at wanting to move there with her 2 children and me. At one time, pre-Fukushima, I would have been very enthused and start packing my bags for to live in Hawaii has always been a cherished dream of mine. But now, I think its become a "no go zone". How could Hawaii possibly be exempt from the radiation of Fukushima? With the mass die off in the Pacific, along the coast that we're seening, what is happening to Hawaii's sea life? What a tragedy, don't really have the words to describe the loss of Hawaii. :(

Hi SummerLite - Hawaii is a whole 'nother kettle of fish, to use a bad pun in this case. I lived there for 10 years. I have many friends there, some who are avid divers. I asked and so far no one has reported seeing any shocking decline in the sea life or sushi that glows in the dark. It all depends on the ocean currents and trade winds. But my thoughts are that it must be at least equal to the effects on the western USA. Your thought about tourism is probably right. And it is true there are many Japanese who hold high positions, although they only constitute a fraction of the total population. Each island is different but the overall breakdown is about a third asians however this includes a whole bunch of Filipinos, Chinese, Thai and Koreans (among others) along with the Japanese, so maybe about 12-15% Japanese max. Certainly there have been some die-offs of sea life reported. If you want any advice about moving there, I can offer a bunch.

It is so kind of you BHelmet to offer advise on moving to Hawaii. Your fortunate to have lived there for so long before disaster struck. It sounds like for the last 6 years your friends and Hawaii have been living a seemingly normal life. I was suspect about the ocean current by passing Hawaii and so the radioactivity being less. It seems to be the case from what you say. With this in mind, it appears that the west coast may actually be worse then Hawaii since its located directly in the current coming from Japan. That being said, unfortunately the threat is invisible and accumulation is the problem even when in low doses.

@SummerLite, Stock at NukePro has info on Hawaii. Mahalo
https://nukeprofessional.blogspot.com/search?q=Hawaii

horse, this was an excellent source of information, thanks so much. Now a main source for info on Fukushima for me.

Monday, July 18, 2016
Breaking! University of Hawaii Research Shows Radiation in Hawaii Soil 2016 as Bad as 7 Prefectures in Japan 2 weeks After Fukushima
https://nukeprofessional.blogspot.com/search?q=Hawaii

Friday, February 7, 2014
Definitely some increased radtiaion in the water of Hawaii
On a "working"/ research trip I took a gallon of ocean water from near shore, Diamond Head area. boiled off half a gallon in a frying pan. Leaving quite a bit more salt than one might think!

After the rains have stopped, the air CPM has reverted to 24 to 27 CPM. But when the Inspector is put over the evaporated salt and "stuff", it pegs 35 to 38 on a regular basis.

Now figure areas that get hit with high winds and salt spray. People are breathing this in. Its in your fish and octopus and squid.
I was surprised to see a 50% increase over background.

Fukushima is here. Now what?

Lemon Balm has some promise for long term low level radiation exposure, I will start researching and growing.

February 8, 2014 (reply)
Cesium 137 and Strontium 89 and 90 in Hawaii pasteurized milk. Cobalt 60 in Hawaii rain, Plutonium 239 in Hawaii air, Tritium in Hawaii drinking water.

voyageur, thank you also. I'll listen to Helen when I'm feeling more courageous as I know the doom factor is high there. She came to my town many years ago and I attended her talk and I believe I have her book around somewhere. She's fortunate to be able to jump on a plane and escape to Australia.

So, I think moving to Hawaii is not a good idea! My daughters possible plan was to move in 2 years time and who knows what could happen before then. One thing is certain, the radiation accumulation is only going to continue in Hawaii. The die off will likely become more visible.

Very sad.

On Thursday, 27 April, Russian President Vladimir Putin met with Japanese Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe, in Moscow. A myriad of topics were discussed as part of the talks, many of which had to do with increased Japanese investments into Russia and Russia's ability to provide Japan with its energy supplies. "Peaceful atomic energy" featured as a possible solution to Japan's energy needs.

Must he do everything? Putin offers to help clean up Japan's Fukushima
http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/04/must-he-do-everything-putin-offers-to.html

On this basis, Vladimir Putin offered to help clean up the destroyed Fukushima nuclear plant, "with the most modern technology available."

The Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant was destroyed during the tsunami of 2011, following the Tōhoku earthquake on 11 March of that year. It is thought that the plant is annually leaking many tonnes of radioactive waste into the Pacific Ocean.

angelburst29 said:
On Thursday, 27 April, Russian President Vladimir Putin met with Japanese Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe, in Moscow. A myriad of topics were discussed as part of the talks, many of which had to do with increased Japanese investments into Russia and Russia's ability to provide Japan with its energy supplies. "Peaceful atomic energy" featured as a possible solution to Japan's energy needs.

On this basis, Vladimir Putin offered to help clean up the destroyed Fukushima nuclear plant, "with the most modern technology available."

The Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant was destroyed during the tsunami of 2011, following the Tōhoku earthquake on 11 March of that year. It is thought that the plant is annually leaking many tonnes of radioactive waste into the Pacific Ocean.

That's a relief to hear, and with the most modern technology available. That's not a small gesture and hopefully it will make a difference. Because nothing so far seems to be really working. In fact it's only getting worse.

bjorn said:
angelburst29 said:

That's a relief to hear, and with the most modern technology available. That's not a small gesture and hopefully it will make a difference. Because nothing so far seems to be really working. In fact it's only getting worse.

Yeah, pretty cool with Putin's offer, and the Russian's properly have made this offer a 'standing offer' since it happened. As the title says, Putin "Must he do everything" these days - come on Trump, play it forward!

horse said:
[...]

A: Cumulatively, it is already bad.

"..stuck with a bad situation, especially in this newer cycle of planetary upheavals."

[...]
I could not see where the quote came from, which session. As a result I tried to Google it and found to my surprise a Chinese translation of the session from 9th of april 2011 _http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_8888ac110100tq8b.html

thorbiorn said:
horse said:
[...]

"..stuck with a bad situation, especially in this newer cycle of planetary upheavals."

[...]
I could not see where the quote came from, which session. As a result I tried to Google it and found to my surprise a Chinese translation of the session from 9th of april 2011 _http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_8888ac110100tq8b.html

I think the C's summed up the situation quite well.

Nienna said:
horse said:
3D Student said:
Yeah, I'd expect anything that is an accumulator of air or water to have a noticeably higher radiation level. I recall the C's session saying that Fukushima was just a drop in the bucket of water so to say, and that the accumulation over decades is what is really doing us in. And that vegetarians would be "nuclear toast". :shock: I hope the planet and Universe knows what it's doing in how to clean this psychopathic disaster up.

Do you know which C's session mentioned Fukushima? Don't recall that one.

I found this:

9 April 2011 said:
(L) Next question on the list: Is the fukushima radiation negligible compared to the radiation due to 2,000 + nuclear explosions that have happened since 1945?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) How badly will it affect people?

Q: (L) you mean cumulatively the 2,000 nuclear explosions? And now, this on top of all of that is like critical mass of exposure?

Q: (L) So, what does that mean for us.

A: DNA changes and diet help to keep the frequency stable.

3D Student said:
And immediately after that is the nuclear toast reference:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic said:
Q: (L) What about all the people who are vegetarians?

A: They are nuclear “toast” since so much of their energy must be expended to raise the vibrations of their food.

Q: (L) Is the Fukushima plant under control?

A: What?!?

Q: (Burma Jones) Like “you’ve gotta be kidding”?

voyageur said:
horse said:
voyageur said:
...stuck with a bad situation, especially in this newer cycle of planetary upheavals.

Bad forest fire burning since April 30th outside Namie which is a town in the exclusion zone near Fukushima Daichi. Has doubled in size. Hard enough to fight without having to take radioactive precautions as well. The fire will release more radioactive particles into the air. Netc alerts all over Japan, soon to float thru your town.

Namie Forest Fires
http://caferadlab.com/thread-1969.html

May's webcam thread
http://caferadlab.com/thread-1965.html

There is a report that a subcontractor - working in an area nearly half a kilometer from the hub of the Fukushima plant, has discovered a suspected device 85cm (33in) in length and about 15cm (6in) wide. They suspect it's a unexploded World War II-era bomb? Considering what happened at Fukushima, I'm surprised it didn't explode during the intense heat?

Japanese authorities began investigating the discovery of a suspected unexploded World War II-era bomb at the Fukushima nuclear plant, which went into meltdown in 2011.

'Unexploded WWII Bomb' Found at Fukushima Disaster Site
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960519000886

The object was discovered by workers at the plant, Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) announced on Thursday, RT reported.

According to Japanese news agency Jiji Press, the suspected device is 85cm (33in) in length and about 15cm (6in) wide.

It was discovered by a subcontractor working in an area nearly half a kilometer from the hub of the plant. The area was designated as a difficult-to-return zone in the aftermath of the disaster at the power plant.

Police are investigating the nature of the device and exploring disposal options if it is confirmed to contain explosives, Mainichi reports.

On March 11, 2011 a major earthquake triggered a tsunami which struck the six-reactor plant, causing serious damage. Units 1-3 went into meltdown in what was the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl in 1986.

The area surrounding the Fukushima plant was evacuated during the crisis, and tens of thousands of people remain displaced.

AFP reports that a Japanese military airport was in the area close to the Fukushima plant during World War II, and was targeted by US bombers.

Japanese authorities are investigating the discovery of a suspected unexploded World War II-era bomb at the Fukushima nuclear plant, which went into meltdown in 2011.

'Unexploded WWII bomb' found at Fukushima disaster site
https://www.rt.com/news/399159-fukushima-nuclear-bomb-wwii/

The object was discovered by workers at the plant, Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) announced on Thursday.

According to Japanese news agency Jiji Press, the suspected device is 85cm (33in) in length and about 15cm (6in) wide.

It was discovered by a subcontractor working in an area nearly half a kilometer from the hub of the plant. The area was designated as a difficult-to-return zone in the aftermath of the disaster at the power plant.

Police are investigating the nature of the device and exploring disposal options if it is confirmed to contain explosives, Mainichi reports.

On March 11, 2011 a major earthquake triggered a tsunami which struck the six-reactor plant, causing serious damage. Units 1-3 went into meltdown in what was the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl in 1986.

The area surrounding the Fukushima plant was evacuated during the crisis, and tens of thousands of people remain displaced.

AFP reports that a Japanese military airport was in the area close to the Fukushima plant during World War II, and was targeted by US bombers.

Noticed a new film documentary is in the works titled 'SHUTDOWN - The California-Fukushima Connection' https://www.shutdowndoc.tv/the-film/

The producers 'about' cites the following;

snip said:
FILMMAKERS
James Heddle and Mary Beth Brangan, life and work partners since 1983, are documentary video and radio producers, educators, community and international organizers. They co-direct EON, the Ecological Options Network, producing video reports and blogs on activists and organizations working - at local, national and international levels - for solutions to planetary challenges. They're currently working on a new documentary - Shutdown: The California Fukushima Connection - The legacy of nuclear energy, weapons and waste; The promise of a renewable energy transition.

There are a number of interviews by various people on their site concerning nuclear reactors and, a little surprising, noticed that James Heddle recently authored an article on Counterpunch 08/08/17 titled 'Ecocide and the Psychotic 0.5 Per Cent' whereby he cites in his article a large segment on Lobaczewski's 'Political Ponerology' - which is kind of rare to see, hence expanding on it here.

It is always good to see authors highlight PP in article, however, this article also has a strong AGW tangent. Without intending to digress away from Fukushima, both the article and Fukushima are linked together by the author so introducing them both together here.

What Heddle says about Lobaczewski and PP has relavance (no references to him on SoTT), and he uses it for other themes of the story, accurate or not - like Trump/Koch Bros.ties, and the academic James McGill Buchanan etc. In a way though, and this is how I was reading it, although his use of PP fits into many places and concepts of the article, by in large it seems to have been sort of hijacked to support any against the AGW memes, his line of force that undercurrents the article, forgetting that the AGW's foundation was built on a AGW climate ponerologenic process of the masses, osit.

How the film turns out will be something to keep an eye out on.

Here is his bit on Lobaczewski (with mention of Hare);

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/08/08/ecocide-and-the-psychotic-0-5-per-cent/

Pondering Political Ponerology

Another approach to the question of how societies become sociopathic – inimical to their own existence – is provided by the investigations carried out ‘behind the Iron Curtain’ by eastern European psychiatrists and political scientists at great professional and personal danger to themselves.

Their joint project was “a secret investigation of the real nature and psychopathology of the macro-social phenomenon called ‘Communism.’”

Adapting a term from theology, they called their new discipline Ponerology (from Greek poneros, “evil”) and the process of the genesis of pathology in a society ponerogenesis. However their inquiry was not moralistic or theological, but scrupulously scientific by the standards of their time.

Their collective findings are summarized in the book Political Ponerology by Andrew Lobaczewski, a Polish psychiatrist who survived imprisonment, torture, the deaths of his colleagues, and the destruction of their research records, to reconstruct their conclusions from memory after the rise of Poland’s Solidarity Movement and the collapse of the Soviet regime. For Lobaczewski and his intrepid colleagues the term ‘evil’ was not a moral judgment, but a scientific diagnosis.

His summary of their work shows how societies, the majority of whose populations are normally functioning people, can be collectively pathologized through the activities of a very small percentage of psychopathic individuals, who – for genetic or traumatic reasons – lack a conscience and the capacity for empathy, combined with a compulsive need for power and control over others.

Their work, since combined with that of others in the UK and this country, suggest that genetically or traumatically produced psychopaths constitute between 0.5 and 1.56 percent of any given national population. If you add to that an estimated 4% of undiagnosed or undetected psychopaths, the total nears 6% of the population.

Psychopaths are puzzled and amused by the conscience-constrained, mutually empathic behavior of those in the surrounding population. Still, despite distaining it, they learn to emulate it for their own advantage. Meanwhile those in the unsuspecting multitude cannot even imagine acting with the unconstrained ruthlessness and cruelty of the psychopaths among them, making them lambs to the slaughter – vulnerable to psychopathic manipulation and exploitation. Society’s failure to take the existence of evil seriously is what makes it susceptible to what Lobaczewski and his colleagues call ‘macro-sociological pathologization.’

The psychopaths’ ruthless drive for power of the psychopaths, combined with their chameleon-like ability to mimic normal emotions and spout ideological rhetoric persuasively, allows them to rise to leadership positions in institutions of business, law, media and government. They become what Lobaczewski terms “pathocrats” and the institutions they control become “pathocracies.”

Birds of a Feather

According to Lobaczewski, another 12% make alliances with pathocrats – some even adopting their behavior traits as a way of ‘making it in the system’ – bringing the potential total to about 20% of the population – more than enough to infiltrate and control the government, corporations, courts and the media.

Robert Hare, a 71-year-old professor emeritus of Criminal Psychology from the University of British Columbia, would agree. Hare is the creator of the Psychopathy Checklist, the 20-item personality evaluation protocol that sparked the 2003 documentary The Corporation, which argued that corporations are fundamentally psychopathic organizations that attract similarly disposed people. Compelling recent evidence from recent events abounds to support the film’s thesis.

I thought it rather symbolic Tepco finding a small bomb on the site. They haven't found the real bombs yet. The big news has been the R3 muon scans. The analysis I've seen indicates the core is not in the RPV. The same questions remain; how much vaporized and blew up, how much is left slumped below the RPV, and what's left in the SFP. R3 is getting a new roof; Tepco calls it a Fuel Removal Roof Cover but it reminds me of Chernobyl's sarcophagus. The SFP3 had structure above falling on it. The extraction crane they removed a couple years back must have just floated on top of those pristine fuel assemblies. The smoke and sparks indicated that some portion of the fuel assemblies were damaged. No matter what happens now at R3, the cover will keep any problems out of view and Tepco can publish all the slick PR they need to for the Olympics show.

I see a repeat of the SFP4 removal show playing at the Tepco theatre. I predict the playbook will be the same. Tepco's performance portrayed all the fuel from SFP4 was recovered in less than a year when those assemblies lost coolant in a damaged, leaking pool and a couple were known to have been damaged even before 311. R4 was successfully removed from public view and Tepco no longer reports what goes on there. SFP4 may be Tepco's biggest PR stunt to date. We watched it burn and smoke. Reports were that it leaked, leaned, and was structurally damaged. A full spent fuel pool weighed heavily on the public’s mind. Big expense to erect that support structure addon. The addon wasn't just a temporary fix until the pool was emptied, it was built to last awhile. We saw the CSFP steam up every time a hot load from sfp4 was dropped in. The steaming events and the reported numbers coming out of sfp4 didn’t match up. Reported empty after a year, the CSFP steaming events continued on for another year. IMO, some assemblies were removed and the weight was reduced, but it wasn't completely emptied.

Pics at CRL's August Webcam thread: http://caferadlab.com/thread-2063.html

Latest study by Marco Kaltofen and Arnie Gundersen of hot particles found in Japan.
"Some of the hot particles detected in this study could cause significant radiation exposures to individuals if inhaled. Exposure models ignoring these isolated hot particles would potentially understate human radiation dose."
http://caferadlab.com/thread-2070-post-4189.html#pid4189

My guess is that Dai-ichi has added almost the same amount of radionuclides to the environment as the atomic bomb testing did in the sixties. We managed to stop the atomic bomb testing but I don't think there's any way to stop Dai-ichi's continual leaks. As time goes on Dai-ichi could exceed the damage done in the sixties.

Massive decline in salmon returns here in the pacific northwest ... MASSIVE. Tried talking about it with a friend of mine that went back to Japan and well, it is very hush hush in Japan. She had no clue how bad the damage to her countries biodeversity in there tide pools has gotten. And then of course what it is doing to all the cute little microorganisms that make our oxygen is just horrifying. All eyes should be on fixing that now. Unlike, Chernobyl it is constantly bleeding into the ocean and they can't get robots close to it because the electromagnetic radiation fries the chips. It is literally watching an extinction level event in slow motion. If the oceans die ... they are all horribly polluted in different ways. The cascade effect of the loss of our oceans ability to produce oxygen is stagering to think about. Think of all the life dying right now in the ocean. Great, massive amounts of methane and what not to add to the mix. I remember those silly 70's and 80's sci fi movies about insects taking over, but even they need oxygen. Living plant cells need to be radiation free. It is so monumentally frightening. Unfortunately, I am not an engineer or a nuclear scientist and the level of environmental science I know is what you would expect from hippie spawn in the pacific northwest. Not really bringing that up to depress everyone, rather in the hope the word gets to someone who can actually do something about it. Networking. It's either that or hope godzilla lumbers out of the ocean and does something. Oh wait, godzilla died a few nautical miles off the shore. Guess it's up to our species.

Thanks highmystica, Its good to get any sort of real update with whats going on. If you have any links to articles that would be helpful. I did a search on the web recently and one has to do quite a bit of looking to come up with anything. A lot seems to be old info. There are a few youtube videos that claim the tide pools off the west coast are pretty much dead. Those are several years old I believe. There's another guy in Hawaii thats reported a lot but he comes off as something of a crank.

If anyone has updates please let us know.

It is so hard to get real information ... the boat people I know aren't the most savvy with either science or tech. I did find a guy that shares some of the numbers regarding salmon decline but most of the time he just rants ... loudly. There is a series called Dark Tourist that hints at the actual amount of radiation in that area of Japan. I *think* it is on netflix. I did see a YouTube video that went into real detail about the tide pools in Japan complete with before and after footage on the ground. Sadly, I didn't subscribe and can't find it anymore.

Netflix has the series Dark Tourist. Greenpeace's YouTube channels are mostly useless. The guy that rants is kevin blanch. I don't recommend him though. More obnoxious than insightful. The alex jones of environmentalists. Doesn't even boil his water correctly, skips the parts regarding filtration and distillation. To be honest not sure how useful distillation is for radiation ... if it worked the Japanese would be using it to purify the water from the clean up operation. They have a heat source right there. Then again I most likely am thinking about it too simplistically. Or once again underestimating human stupidity. Both seem equally likely.

The IAEA wants TEPCO to dump the stored contaminated water out to sea instead of just leaking it out a little. Tepco says it’s more contaminated than we had been led to believe because ALPS didn’t work well enough. The Japanese fishing industry is against the idea. Is radiation causing the massive die-offs?

Pacific genocide

Back
Top Bottom