GameStop Rebellion: Retail Traders Take on Wall Street Hedge Funds

It's pretty amazing how coordinated the MSM is with the Wall Street guys in this. Pushing silver like crazy, telling everyone the Redditors are jumping on it (which they're not) and once everyone is on board they yank the bottom out and all the regular folks are left holding the bag. They've made their billions to cover their losses from GameStop and they go back to their mansions to fall asleep on a pile of money. The money funnel from the lower tiers to the elites is left undisturbed. It's just plain evil!

ADDED: Not to mention the added bonus of smearing r/WallStreetBets as being misguided. "See! We told you not to listen to those Alt-Right Trumpists!"
This may be the case, but it could be a winning the battle, but losing the war type thing in terms of combining the two main ideas below.

This all could have organic development in terms of WallStreet Bets and even the silver squeeze business, but it could also be encouraged to a degree and used for another agenda. The agenda or tactic behind this could be to tie the domestic terrorism push we have seen brought up of late and a possible fake economic collapse that is planned (that could get out of control in time and turn into a real economic collapse - ie Pierre's comment and C's response in the latest session).

Specifically, labeling those that took up the call in an open way over the internet and the leaders and masses getting involved with WallStreet Bets and the buying of physical silver in terms of the silver squeeze as domestic financial terrorists and insurrectionist against the pure and pristine uptopic democracy long flowering in America. The shining city and beacon of freedom on the hill, Washington DC, and the great bastion of prosperity and financial and economic purity, Wall Street, under siege from Orange Man zombies and ugly and depraved deplorables , la la la... (I almost needed my own sick back from writing that lol). So with all of this they could tie domestic terrorism stuff and a possible fake economic collapse together with this playing the WallStreet Bets game. They could say the domestic financial terrorists are the cause for the fake economic collapse. It could be an opening salvo of a plan or manipulating events toward a plan, but it could get out of hand...

...the last thing I would do if I were TPTB would be to highlight something that has kept their game going for 40 years or more. That being the silver manipulation. That is how long the silver manipulation has been and how long they have taken action in the silver market. That is dangerous territory to tread in terms of informing multiple younger generations of something they likely had no clue about in terms of silver, but also the general all pervasive corruption, manipulation, and control in the financial system. The below tweet, that one ZeroHedge article had imbedded, is part of the real story for me, as a former silver and gold bug. In time new and millions of hungry bugs coming out of the woodwork could eat at the foundations of the system...

Quoth the Raven @QTRResearch - Twitter
The thing is that no matter what happens with #SilverSqueeze, a lot of younger people are for the first time informing themselves that metals are the only true real money. That realization sticks for life, even when squeezes end. This is a red pill moment for many & its beautiful

Last edited:
First Gamestop and now the run on Silver. both instigated by the social media platform Reddit, I find this strange. I found some interesting articles.

Dark Pools owned by the biggest names on Wall Street – such as Goldman Sachs’ Sigma X2, JPMorgan Chase’s JPM-X, UBS’ UBSA, Morgan Stanley’s MSPL, and Credit Suisse’s Crossfinder — have been making tens of thousands of trades in the shares of GameStop on an ongoing weekly basis. FINRA, Wall Street’s highly compromised self-regulator, reports the Dark Pool data on a stale basis, two to three weeks after the trading has occurred. It is then lumped together for the whole week, rendering it useless in terms of monitoring price manipulation. The chart above is taken from the latest available information from FINRA. (See our previous reporting on Dark Pools in Related Articles below.)

It’s a fair guess that you haven’t heard a peep about Dark Pools on the evening news. The fact that you haven’t is a perfect commentary on why mainstream media is failing the American people when it comes to exposing Wall Street’s serial looting of the little guy.

Also this article from Zero Hedge posted earlier today

It turns out that the pressure on Robinhood and other major trading platforms came from the clearinghouse level. The following comes from a piece in USA Today that was authored by Vlad Tenev himself
In a matter of days, our clearinghouse-mandated deposit requirements related to stocks increased ten-fold. These deposits are the collateral we post to ensure our access to clearinghouse services on behalf of our customers. They are what led us to put temporary buying restrictions in place on a small number of securities that the clearinghouses had raised their deposit requirements on. As we noted in a blog on Friday, it was not because we wanted to stop people from buying these or any stocks — we built Robinhood to provide access to investing for all. And it certainly wasn’t because we were trying to help hedge funds.

Tenev didn’t mention it by name, but the company that clears almost all of Robinhood’s trades is the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation. If you are not familiar with the DTCC, here is some basic info from Wikipedia

The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC) is an American post-trade financial services company providing clearing and settlement services to the financial markets. It performs the exchange of securities on behalf of buyers and sellers and functions as a central securities depository by providing central custody of securities.
DTCC was established in 1999 as a holding company to combine The Depository Trust Company (DTC) and National Securities Clearing Corporation (NSCC). User-owned and directed, it automates, centralizes, standardizes, and streamlines processes in the capital markets.[3] Through its subsidiaries, DTCC provides clearance, settlement, and information services for equities, corporate and municipal bonds, unit investment trusts, government and mortgage-backed securities, money market instruments, and over-the-counter derivatives. It also manages transactions between mutual funds and insurance carriers and their respective investors.
In 2011, DTCC settled the vast majority of securities transactions in the United States and close to $1.7 quadrillion[4]

Theoretically, the DTCC is supposed to be a neutral participant in the markets.

But as we saw last week, that is definitely not the case.

So why should we allow a “for-profit monopoly” to have so much power over our financial system? The following comes from a piece that was just authored by Omid Malekan

The brilliance of this excuse is that it only proves the skeptics and conspiracy-theory believers right. DTCC is a for-profit monopoly that sits at the heart of America’s financial system. It is controlled by the biggest Wall Street institutions and responsible for all public equity settlement. A subsidiary of it literally owns every single share of publicly traded stock in America. Yes, you read that correctly. You don’t actually own your shares of Apple or Microsoft, they do. You are only allowed to enjoy the financial benefits of being an investor because your corporate overlords let you. Why? Because the government wants it that way (the fact that financial firms like DTCC always donate a lot of money to politicians has nothing to do with it.)

The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation, the National Securities Clearing Corporation and the Fixed Income Clearing Corporation are all managed “under the umbrella” of a shadowy entity known as Cede and Company…

This small New York based financial institution has a dozen directors and no more than a half dozen employees but holds, according to some reports, some 34 trillion dollars in assets.
A complex system of interlocking bodies, such as The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation, the National Securities Clearing Corporation and the Fixed Income Clearing Corporation oversee all stock trading in the US. They all come under the umbrella of Cede.

One or more decision makers at these shadowy entities decided to put an extraordinary amount of pressure on Robinhood and other trading platforms.

Something I forgot to add in my previous post, is that Gregg Abbot, the Governor has been in talks with the Nasdaq the data collection for the US stock exchange

Gov. Greg Abbott will welcome representatives from major stock exchanges, including Nasdaq, to Austin on Nov. 20.
According to a report by The Dallas Morning News, the meeting is part of Texas's bid to be the top choice if the exchanges make good on their threats to move their trading platforms out of New Jersey.

Last month, the Dallas Morning News reported that Gov. Abbott's office was in talks with Nasdaq and other exchanges about moving data centers, which power billions of dollars in trades on Wall Street each day, to Dallas.

I thought that was interesting in light that Elon Musk, Oracle and a few other IT companies have moved their operations to Texas. Some have cited new hiring regulations amongst other issues in California.

The run on Silver I found this interesting article

So because of the coronavirus, this has impacted silver mining in the major areas around the world. And it doesn't seem like it's going to change for a while, as a result there is a shortage. Given the recent increase in AI, silver will be needed on an industrial level for AI, medical purposes and other needs.

The last time there was a run on silver, was the Hunt brothers manipulation of the Market. Somehow I smell a rat of manipulation. Enticing people that have previously invested in silver and may have small to modest amounts to sell if the price is right and they need the cash given today's current climate. So the shorfall will be reduced

The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation, the National Securities Clearing Corporation and the Fixed Income Clearing Corporation are all managed “under the umbrella” of a shadowy entity known as Cede and Company…
If I am not mistaken, these entities are the real legal owners of ALL the derivative contracts and stocks in the market. Us chumps buying a stock or ETF from a broker are beneficiaries. But when it all turns to dust, the chumps are the last in line to get any value In the event of a financial meltdown down. Hence, if you don’t hold it, you don’t own it. This is the allure and purpose of Physical metals.

...the last thing I would do if I were TPTB would be to highlight something that has kept their game going for 40 years or more. That being the silver manipulation. That is how long the silver manipulation has been and how long they have taken action in the silver market. That is dangerous territory to tread in terms of informing multiple younger generations of something they likely had no clue about in terms of silver, but also the general all pervasive corruption, manipulation, and control in the financial system. The below tweet, that one ZeroHedge article had imbedded, is part of the real story for me, as a former silver and gold bug. In time new and millions of hungry bugs coming out of the woodwork could eat at the foundations of the system...
Yeah, I was wondering this silver push if indeed it's a distraction, because ownership of gold and silver and their function as a 'safe heaven' is something that's not really been told to people, and the manipulation of those markets have been going on for decades. Especially now with the Great Reset coming and possible monetary system changing it would make sense to own some for wealth preservation.

But I think they try to make people buy paper silver (ETF's), which is not the same at all as owning physical assets (physical silver price hasn't risen that much during this time). Perhaps they wan't to collapse the price or harm the reputation in advance, so when the time comes, people will stay away from physical gold/silves AND also divert the ongoing WallStreetBets movement against the hedge funds.

I've seen articles where they say these robinhooders could cause the collapse of stock markets, yet everyone should know how disconnected from reality the stock markets have been since 2008 and especially this year, when all the massive QE money has been funnelled to inflate this beast and make it even more dysfunctional. So it looks like the scapegoat has been found if and when this house of cards starts to collapse.

I've seen articles where they say these robinhooders could cause the collapse of stock markets, yet everyone should know how disconnected from reality the stock markets have been since 2008 and especially this year, when all the massive QE money has been funnelled to inflate this beast and make it even more dysfunctional. So it looks like the scapegoat has been found if and when this house of cards starts to collapse.
They may rattle the stock market but there will always be the derivative market that’s worth hundreds of trillions, and who knows how many dark pools worth quadrillions. Really, where do you think the money go when money are ‘lost’.

They may rattle the stock market but there will always be the derivative market that’s worth hundreds of trillions, and who knows how many dark pools worth quadrillions. Really, where do you think the money go when money are ‘lost’.
Ninotchka, 1939 @10:30. ‘Capitalistic methods. They accumulate millions by taking loss after loss.’

This on the news today.

View attachment 42287

Thinking about this story along with WEF statement 'You'll own nothing and you'll be happy', it occurs that the current story could be a way of luring people into situations where they lose assets rather than the elite taking them away by other means. Can't remember where I read it now, but part of the plan was that the govt would pay out individual debts in return for ownership of the underlying asset to usher in WEF agenda. If that's close to what the plan is, the story had to be a big one to get a lot of attention. If people are worried enough about their financial future what with the economic fall out of lockdowns, then they're probably inclined to take more risks.

This is exactly what they will do and what markets are for.

In the late 90's during the dotcom bubble, as you will know stocks went to ridiculous new highs and came crashing down eventually. This whole rise and fall was blamed on retail daytraders. In reality, retail traders don't have the capital required to shove around trillion$ worth of stocks. The rises and falls in the market, and indeed the boom&bust cycle itself, is entirely managed by the money masters. The C's have pretty much confirmed this as well. They are the ones who inflate asset prices to the moon, get average Joe excited, and leave him holding the bag in the aftermath.

Around 2001 restrictions were put in place (pattern daytrading law) and retail traders were kicked out of the market after receiving all of the blame. But what really happened is that institutions quietly bought up stocks for 2 decades previously, engineered the FOMO of the late 90's, and sold their bags to the public at the top (and then blamed them for it).

Since 2008 (the back-breaker event after dotcom crash), stocks have risen massively. Yet few people were aware of this until very recently. This is due in part to the PDT law, and in part to the controlled media scaring people out of stocks. Every big hedge fund manager, economist and public financial personality for the past 10 years has been telling everyone to stay out, calling for stock market crash, etc. Why? Because they were taking the other side of the trade.

The entire bull market from 2008-2020 has been driven by institutions, with the public having almost zero exposure to it and not gaining from it at all. This is very similar to the last cycle, where from 1987-1999 not many people were in the stock market, and retail interest mostly showed up in 1999 to buy the top.

Now, since Robinhood entered the scene things have started to change yet again. You've probably noticed since the start of 2020, everywhere you look there's adverts for stock brokers, commission-free trading, fractional share buying. All of a sudden there's a fever for investing again, and all of a sudden the gatekeepers are finally happy for you to invest again. And with the likes of Robinhood, retail finally has an option to buy big into the market again. They'll happily give you access to big leverage and a huge array of long OTM options (I.E. "enough rope to hang yourself with").

So what happens next? Well, in the mid-term, likely over the next few years, the stock FOMO continues to increase, and gains start to hit the level that we saw in the dotcom bubble. A bunch of people you know will be making some money in the market, and that's your sign that the institutions are selling their bags to retail once again.

In the short term, I'm not sure we're quite there yet. There could be a couple of violent stabs down in the market soon to clear out some of this fresh excitement, after which the money masters will pump it back up (fractal of the macro cycle but on a smaller timeframe). So I wouldn't say sell everything but do be careful out there. The game is rigged to use your monkey brain against you.

You see it already with the GME thing. Armies of retail buyers got suckered into an ideological war and got huge leveraged buys filled at an average price of around $330. Yesterday it hit a low of $75 and you can guarantee anyone who got excited and took on too much risk there is now liquidated. I personally took a long position at $80 based on this, looking for a short-term mean reversion, but you can be damn sure I won't be holding it or joining "the good fight" based on emotion.

This is how it works, it uses your emotions against you in order to extract money (energy) from the plebs. The only way whales stay alive is by feeding on massive numbers of plankton. It's almost akin to a natural law. Go check some of the losses posted on /R/WSB and tell me they're sticking it to Wall Street.

Now Mark Cuban is out there telling people to double down:
View attachment 42347

These billionaires and hedge fund guys are not anyone's friend. Whether it's Ray Dalio and Robert Shiller telling you to stay out of a 12 year stock bull market the whole way up, or Mike Novogratz telling you to buy and hodl cryptocurrencies as they came crashing down, whenever anyone like this gives public advice it should only ever be ignored or faded.

There are far, far more interesting and promising things to be looking at right now than this

Which are?

In terms of things that are actually trending up, there's loads of opportunity out there so it's crazy to see people blowing up their accounts on one meme stock.

You have Bitcoin/Ethereum (and the others in that crypto basket)

Then US Tech stocks are still strong and could take another leg up, and software is especially strong (ones like zoom have had decent pull-backs since October)

Anything to do with the space race (UFO ETF, ARK are looking to create their own space ETF, lesser known components of the industry such as 3D printing are moving very well).

Healthcare and consumer discretionary stocks are trending very strongly.

Industrials, healthcare and materials are making new highs so could see some money rotating into them soon.

Cannabis stocks are starting to pump again, and now we're seeing the arrival of shroom stocks (medicinal psilocybin etc) some of which are going crazy.

Solar and hydrogen are making unreal gains (probably a little late to the party though).

Oil has gained back the whole COVID crash and shows no signs of stopping yet.

Silver breaking up strongly after a near 10 year consolidation. Gold will look really good again above $1900.

Chinese and Vietnamese stocks are super strong, India been making new highs every month, and Japan is absolutely flying.

All this with the caveat that risk management comes first and volatility can come in at any moment.

You see it already with the GME thing. Armies of retail buyers got suckered into an ideological war and got huge leveraged buys filled at an average price of around $330. Yesterday it hit a low of $75 and you can guarantee anyone who got excited and took on too much risk there is now liquidated. I personally took a long position at $80 based on this, looking for a short-term mean reversion, but you can be damn sure I won't be holding it or joining "the good fight" based on emotion.

This is how it works, it uses your emotions against you in order to extract money (energy) from the plebs. The only way whales stay alive is by feeding on massive numbers of plankton. It's almost akin to a natural law. Go check some of the losses posted on /R/WSB and tell me they're sticking it to Wall Street.

Now Mark Cuban is out there telling people to double down:
View attachment 42347

These billionaires and hedge fund guys are not anyone's friend. Whether it's Ray Dalio and Robert Shiller telling you to stay out of a 12 year stock bull market the whole way up, or Mike Novogratz telling you to buy and hodl cryptocurrencies as they came crashing down, whenever anyone like this gives public advice it should only ever be ignored or faded.

There are far, far more interesting and promising things to be looking at right now than this

Keep in mind that this whole GME ordeal didn't start on the basis of just mere emotions but by some people who last years saw some potential in the stock as it was undervalued, so those that bought at a much lower price made lots of profit and many more people would have if not for the clear manipulation of the market in broad daylight for all to see. The ladder attacks, and the brokers all over the world refusing to let people buy and forcing people to sell scr*wed people over.

The blatant lies by the rich and the corrupted which were already taking place for ages was in this case , in this unique case of GME was brought to light, showing to many the ''the man behind the curtain'' which is from my perspective a huge victory for the public.

And ofcourse it should be common sense that one should never invest money that you cannot lose, so I do feel sorry for those that invested their life savings or sold their houses or took huge loans to invest in it.

The bigger picture atleast here, is that more people now realize that the game has always been rigged from the start, but it also shows that the people themselves have the power to disrupt a market. What this will bring for the future I do not know, but it does clearly show that the ''man behind the curtain'' will start to fear to lose control of the situation.

Also this article from Zero Hedge posted earlier today

It turns out that the pressure on Robinhood and other major trading platforms came from the clearinghouse level. The following comes from a piece in USA Today that was authored by Vlad Tenev himself

Tenev didn’t mention it by name, but the company that clears almost all of Robinhood’s trades is the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation. If you are not familiar with the DTCC, here is some basic info from Wikipedia

Theoretically, the DTCC is supposed to be a neutral participant in the markets.

But as we saw last week, that is definitely not the case.
Ironically, that might be wrong. People suspected the worst of Robinhood but there may in fact be a more mundane (though still dubious, given its connection to Citadel, and it to Melvin Capital) reason why it halted buying GME.

In a couple of recent videos on the GameStop Rebellion, Apple repair guy Louis Rossmann appears to pinpoint the likely reason: Robinhood is self-clearing, and ran into a liquidity problem. That's why Tenev sounded like he was hiding something, but the thing he was hiding wasn't that someone else was holding a gun to his head; it was that Robinhood had to temporarily halt (many) trades because the platform didn't have the deep pockets to put up 100% of the collateral - a 'rule change' that kicks in when trading on specific stocks becomes so volatile.

A good video from Russell Brand related to this topic.

GAMESTOP: Has it exposed the truth about the Wall St / Establishment conspiracy?​

GameStop has been the unavoidable story of the last week - but what does the Establishment's response to it tell us about the economy and how power operates?

Back
Top Bottom