Gluten and Psychopathy

I think you need to read "The Vegetarian Myth" for the bigger picture.

I am still reading it Laura.

I haven't yet supposed that it provides any explorations to do with the super realms of existence or our place within it though?

I'm through the first half, maybe in the second half it explores concepts beyond 3D existence.

Of course, I will wait and see.

Do you recall what 4D STO eat? What about the Cs - I think I remember something about consuming light? Is my memory correct?

iloveyellow said:
I am still reading it Laura.

I haven't yet supposed that it provides any explorations to do with the super realms of existence or our place within it though?

I'm through the first half, maybe in the second half it explores concepts beyond 3D existence.

Of course, I will wait and see.

Odd, I could see the hyperdimensional energy behind the whole mess almost instantly. Just remember, as above, so below.

iloveyellow said:
Do you recall what 4D STO eat? What about the Cs - I think I remember something about consuming light? Is my memory correct?

I don't think those issues should concern us. What concerns us is what is optimal here and now so that we can accumulate enough energy to graduate.

Laura said:
Odd, I could see the hyperdimensional energy behind the whole mess almost instantly. Just remember, as above, so below.
Yes but, you are more switched on than probably most on these things. More than me anyhow, I'm still grappling with the basics - I'm you in the very past!

Laura said:
I don't think those issues should concern us. What concerns us is what is optimal here and now so that we can accumulate enough energy to graduate.
Is it? I see.. Possibly there is risk, or temptation, to compromising ones STO candidacy because of the pressure associated with the rapidly approaching graduation opportunity? Is scrapping against one another occurring in the effort to accumulate enough energy to graduate?

I see that broadening of awareness would occur by having an understanding of what 4DSTO consumes. But, OK, if you say so, you see more than me on this most probably, so I'll take your word for it.

iloveyellow said:
I see that broadening of awareness would occur by having an understanding of what 4DSTO consumes. But, OK, if you say so, you see more than me on this most probably, so I'll take your word for it.

You can take "Laura in the future's" word for it too ie the C's. :) The context of the exchange in the transcripts here is the understanding of certain aspects of 4th density reality.

[quote author=C's Transcripts]

A: You see, my dear, when you arrive at 4th density, then you will see.
Q: (L) Well, how in the heck am I supposed to get there if I can't "get it?"
A: Who says you have to "get it" before you get there?
Q: (L) Well, that leads back to: what is the wave going to do to expand this awareness? Because, if the wave is what "gets you there," what makes this so?
A: No. It is like this: After you have completed all your lessons in "third grade," where do you go?
Q: (L) So, it is a question of...
A: Answer, please.
Q: (L) You go to fourth grade.
A: Okay, now, do you have to already be in 4th grade in order to be allowed to go there? Answer.
Q: (L) No. But you have to know all the 3rd density things...
A: Yes. More apropos: you have to have learned all of the lessons.
Q: (L) What kind of lessons are we talking about here?
A: Karmic and simple understandings.
Q: (L) What are the key elements of these understandings, and are they fairly universal?
A: They are universal.
[/quote]

iloveyellow said:
So, what do 4D STO eat? ;)

Think I'll have a lie down.

19 July 1997

Q: Do you mean that 4h density STS likes particularly to eat
Aryans?
A: Only the reptilian types.
Q: But, they don't like to eat Jews, is that it?
A: They most prefer children with high body fat content.
Q: What do the Orions eat?
A: Crystalline tablets, which are aspirated through oral
demolecularization.
Q: Are these crystalline tablets like rocks, like our idea of
crystals?
A: Picture a sparkling polished oval bead.
Q: What is the chemical composition?
A: Quartz at the 3rd power compared to Terran samples.

But we were talking about STS...

I would say that STO may derive much of their nourishment from loving energy that is asked for and given. In a certain sense, if you pay attention to the subtext in "The Vegetarian Myth", that is pretty much what a hunting society is like: the food was "asked for" from the great Mother, given, appreciated. Plus there is the added benefit that meat eaters eat much less volume than vegetable eaters.

When you quote the Cs about "before the fall", remember that we were talking about "before 300,000 years ago" and what sort of hominid was eating vegetables before individuated souls began to incarnate is still unknown. As the Cs have pointed out, OPs are probably better suited to vegetarianism so go back to the discussions about them for insight.

If love is the opposite of fear, or the opposite end of the spectrum, and STS and STO are opposites, and, STS eats fear, then STO then might "eat" love? Is it that simple? Definitely not.

I just wondered if it was ever mentioned because it might be that, in 4D we all eat emotions (I do remember however that, at 4D we are somewhat physical too). I can understand how it may seem relatively trivial to ponder such things, but it is a thought that revisits me from time to time.

I am still considering your second paragraph Laura, wondering how one might know if one is "better suited to vegetarianism", and what that implies in evolutionary terms. What diet might a psychopath be suited to? And if they are failed OPs, would the answer be: a meat eating diet?

Please note, I am leaping here for the joy of it, without making conclusions.

I am still getting through the OP thread, with rests between pages.

* I just noticed in the material the quote is actually "Most of them are very efficient machines. The ones that you have identified as psychopaths are 'failures.'"
So the refreshed interpretation I have now is that, psychopaths are failures of efficient machines, not failed OPs. Psychopaths are still OPs, but fail in their machanical efficiency.

Edit: added last paragraph

iloveyellow said:
If love is the opposite of fear, or the opposite end of the spectrum, and STS and STO are opposites, and, STS eats fear, then STO then might "eat" love? Is it that simple? Definitely not.

I just wondered if it was ever mentioned because it might be that, in 4D we all eat emotions (I do remember however that, at 4D we are somewhat physical too). I can understand how it may seem relatively trivial to ponder such things, but it is a thought that revisits me from time to time.

I am still considering your second paragraph Laura, wondering how one might know if one is "better suited to vegetarianism", and what that implies in evolutionary terms. What diet might a psychopath be suited to? And if they are failed OPs, would the answer be: a meat eating diet?

Please note, I am leaping here for the joy of it, without making conclusions.

I am still getting through the OP thread, with rests between pages.

* I just noticed in the material the quote is actually "Most of them are very efficient machines. The ones that you have identified as psychopaths are 'failures.'"
So the refreshed interpretation I have now is that, psychopaths are failures of efficient machines, not failed OPs. Psychopaths are still OPs, but fail in their machanical efficiency.

Edit: added last paragraph

What you're doing is trying to understand a 4D dynamic with your limited 3D perspective. It's not going to happen. You'll understand that when you're in 4D - assuming you actually learn all you need to learn here in 3D, which may or may not happen if you spend all your time and energy 'leaping for the joy of it' imagining what 4D is like rather than learning what 3D is like - REALLY like.

Hi Anart,

What you're doing is trying to understand a 4D dynamic with your limited 3D perspective. It's not going to happen.

Yes I agree, 4D is far, far, from our reality and beyond us in very many ways (allowing for some possible overlap). I do find however Anart that, there is benefit in imagining outside of the current 3D reality. For me, it give my mind and being a good stretch to do so, and exercising this occasionally challenges me to think outside the regular paradigm, the one most obviously presented.

Not to mention, this stretching can bring relief to my mundane reality and what 3D is REALLY like too, which, I simply enjoy, and you know, I actually think it's kind of necessary - intensely learning about what 3D is REALLY like can reach a point of strain; it is rather intense peeling away and uncovering the reality. The undoing of the illusions takes time, there is a process that needs to unfold. Sometimes I need recess from this, and I can find it in my imagination, where my thoughts can enjoy abstract wonderings and relief from the linear.

Am I wrong in this? I might be from your perspective which, I do respect. There are many that are further along the road than I am, I understand this.

Additionally to what I have said above, I can see that where we are now - or where anything is - in isolation, can gain great depth of understanding by placing the point in question contextually, that is, by taking a step away from it (this reality), looking broadly, and placing in against elements of contrast, IE, other realities, if you can imagine them. What I am saying is that, this reality is relative - we understand things relative to other things. So, by stretching my mind and my imagination to that which is not 3D, I find, can actually assist me in understanding and appreciating to a great degree that which is 3D. What do you think?

In saying all of this, I believe that I qualify in being responsible enough with my thoughts, as well as that, I exercise a healthy discipline and monitoring that ensures I am not practicing avoidant or escapist habits in my imaginings. As well as participating a 360 degree perspective wherever possible.

I do what I can, with what I've got, like we all do.

Thanks for your thoughts.

iloveyellow said:
Hi Anart,

What you're doing is trying to understand a 4D dynamic with your limited 3D perspective. It's not going to happen.

Yes I agree, 4D is far, far, from our reality and beyond us in very many ways (allowing for some possible overlap). I do find however Anart that, there is benefit in imagining outside of the current 3D reality. For me, it give my mind and being a good stretch to do so, and exercising this occasionally challenges me to think outside the regular paradigm, the one most obviously presented.

Sure - it's dreaming and dreaming is fun.

ily said:
Not to mention, this stretching can bring relief to my mundane reality and what 3D is REALLY like too, which, I simply enjoy, and you know, I actually think it's kind of necessary - intensely learning about what 3D is REALLY like can reach a point of strain; it is rather intense peeling away and uncovering the reality. The undoing of the illusions takes time, there is a process that needs to unfold. Sometimes I need recess from this, and I can find it in my imagination, where my thoughts can enjoy abstract wonderings and relief from the linear.

Sure - it's dreaming and dreaming is fun.

il said:
Am I wrong in this? I might be from your perspective which, I do respect. There are many that are further along the road than I am, I understand this.

Wrong? Who's to say - it's your life. It is, though, rather difficult to get 'farther down the road' when one is lost in a dream.

ily said:
Additionally to what I have said above, I can see that where we are now - or where anything is - in isolation, can gain great depth of understanding by placing the point in question contextually, that is, by taking a step away from it (this reality), looking broadly, and placing in against elements of contrast, IE, other realities, if you can imagine them. What I am saying is that, this reality is relative - we understand things relative to other things. So, by stretching my mind and my imagination to that which is not 3D, I find, can actually assist me in understanding and appreciating to a great degree that which is 3D. What do you think?

Since you ask, I think that one cannot compare one thing they are experiencing, like 3D, to another thing they cannot possibly conceptualize, like 4D - there is no data to compare. But, it's dreaming and dreaming is fun.

ily said:
In saying all of this, I believe that I qualify in being responsible enough with my thoughts, as well as that, I exercise a healthy discipline and monitoring that ensures I am not practicing avoidant or escapist habits in my imaginings.

Are you sure about that?

ily said:
As well as participating a 360 degree perspective wherever possible.

I think you mean that metaphorically, since a 360 perspective is usually something experienced in higher dimensions, to my understanding. ;)

Hi Anart,

I meant imagination in a creative and active sense - it's not just dreaming Anart. It requires effort and structure, in that, if anything is recovered from the imaginings, it is cross-referenced, and examined with the other faculties of the psyche, as well as data - where/if possible.

360 degree perspective, as in - networking with others, striving for objectivity, to cultivate this as much as possible.

Dreaming is a waste of time, and not much fun at all really. I don't believe I am lost in a dream at all.

Thanks for your thoughts as always :flowers:

iloveyellow said:
Hi Anart,

I meant imagination in a creative and active sense - it's not just dreaming Anart. It requires effort and structure, in that, if anything is recovered from the imaginings, it is cross-referenced, and examined with the other faculties of the psyche, as well as data - where/if possible.

360 degree perspective, as in - networking with others, striving for objectivity, to cultivate this as much as possible.

Dreaming is a waste of time, and not much fun at all really. I don't believe I am lost in a dream at all.

Thanks for your thoughts as always :flowers:
Hi iloveyellow, I'm curious if you're read any Gurdjieff?

And this thread is now back from the dead! The recent discussions of the paleolithic diet, but especially Nora Gedgaudas’ Primal Mind, Primal Body, have piqued my interests again.

Hopefully I’m on a better tangent with this than last time; I honestly have no idea what I was talking about in the previous pages. It was internally considerate of me to expect people to know how to read all of those abstracts, and now even I’m clueless about them. Maybe this post will have some better clarity. :|

Perhaps glucose metabolism may influence the expression of psychopathic behavior, if we want to go the epigenetic route of environmental factors turning certain genes on and off. We know from earlier research (Blaylock) that hypoglycemia has been found in violent offenders (not necessarily psychopaths), and their behavior improved when they improved their diets. This page (_http://books.google.com/books?id=OuNdrmHcJlgC&pg=PA279&lpg=PA279&dq=glucose+psychopathy&source=bl&ots=mw_42IjOoc&sig=pi03TdNM9gRVvkVhYDno3HLoSzg&hl=en&ei=Ws1GTuKWI-PniAK89czwAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=glucose%20psychopathy&f=false) mentions how those with violent tendencies (i.e. those diagnosed with either antisocial personality disorder or psychopathy) had reduced glucose metabolism within their frontal and prefrontal cortexes. What I found really interesting was that two of the studies mentioned in that link found reduced frontal regional cerebral blood flow and reduced blood flow within the temporal lobes.

Other studies mentioned from the same book (The Handbook of Psychopathy, in case you didn’t look at the links) (_http://books.google.com/books?id=OuNdrmHcJlgC&pg=PA286&lpg=PA286&dq=brain+lesions+psychopath&source=bl&ots=mw_42IqHtb&sig=YmShlbdWN4mV6W9MtrtgMG0Jh8Q&hl=en&ei=J-ZGTquSAunmiAK278DuAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CE0Q6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=brain%20lesions%20psychopath&f=false) mention that hypoperfusion in certain areas within the temporal, prefrontal, and parietal regions of the brain correlated with increased aggression in dementia patients. It also mentions that brain lesions can cause antisocial behavior, but I think that’s been addressed in the thread already.

This reminds me of a passage within Primal Body, Primal Mind, which I forever thank Laura and co. for typing up (Laura’s emphasis and notes, not mine):

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,22916.msg280514.html#msg280514
“When it comes to the effects of gluten in the brain, exposure to gluten in a sensitive individual essentially shuts down blood flow to the frontal and prefrontal cortex (a process called cerebralfrontal/prefrontal hypoperfusion). This is the part of our brain that allows us to focus, to manage emotional states, to plan and organize, to consider the consequences of our actions, and to exercise our short-term memory. Over time, this can result in the generation of actual brain lesions, which in turn result in chronically impaired neurological functioning.

{One wonders if there is a type of "gluten mediated psychopathy"? Also, one has to consider the effects of gluten on the normal human and their capacity for empathy.}

In an article in Pediatrics, the authors stated, "The lesions in the brain may be the result of a decreased blood supply (hypoperfusion) caused by inflammation" (Kleslich et al. 2001). Note that hypoperfusion to the frontal and prefrontal cortex is additionally powerfully associated with cognitive impairment and conditions such as depression, anxiety, and ADHD. Know anyone with cognitive, emotional, psychiatric, or attentional issues? The frontal and prefrontal cortex is our brain's "executive function" control center and is the part of our brain that basically makes us the most human.

The inflammatory response invoked by gluten exposure additionally activates the brain's inflammatory microglial cells, which have no built-in inhibitory mechanisms and do not readily wind themselves down again. It can take many months for a brain-based inflammatory response to an antigen such as gluten to subside. The damage and neural degeneration this can cause over time, together with the effect of generating over-arousal of the sympathetic nervous system (the "fight-or-flight" response), can be significant.

-----
Here are a few things that I underlined from PMPB that I thought might hold some clues. This is from the chapter on cholesterol (emphasis mine):
“Many people are unaware that cholesterol is an antioxidant or that levels that are too low (below 150 mg/dL) actually increase your risk for cancer, hormonal imbalances, depression, sexual dysfunction, memory loss, Parkinson’s disease, stroke (yes, stroke), suicide, and violent behavior. I personally worry far more about someone with cholesterol levels that are too low than someone whose levels are supposedly too high. In addition, hormonal production and balance are utterly dependent on the availability of cholesterol in the body. Cholesterol is the primary building block of many hormones. It is also essential for normal cognitive functioning and brain development. We cannot live or function properly without it.

[...]

Studies have overwhelmingly shown that the younger the child, the more critical fat and cholesterol are to the brain and the nervous system’s development. In fact, excessively low cholesterol levels in the brains of autistic children are increasingly recognized as a concern and a detriment to normal brain development and function in these populations, and increasing the dietary cholesterol has shown to have a benefit in many cases. Breast milk is especially rich in Omega-3 fats, saturated fat, and medium-chain triglycerides, an important component of some saturated fats, such as coconut oil. Fats are also essential for the absorption of many solely fat-soluble nutrients, such as Vitamins A, E, D, and K, as are the many minerals that rely on such vitamins as cofactors and are necessary for their proper absorption.”

This I believe is important because, as I mentioned near the beginning of this thread, violent offenders/ prisoners with APD were shown to have had lower serum levels of cholesterol than the control group. In fact, it makes me think that many characteropathies or cases of APD could be prevented eliminated altogether if people were to follow a low-carb paleolithic diet, which is, of course, exactly what the PTB don’t want.

To demonstrate this, a recent study (_http://www.now-university.com/Library/DietarySupplementSupport/Omega-3FattyAcids/078548.htm) managed to show a decrease in violent incidents from taking a multivitamin with a pathetically low amount of omega-3’s (only 800 mg total! There’s over ten times that that in a cup of walnuts!). Imagine what they could have accomplished if they had given them a better dose. As mentioned in PBPM, the dominant fatty acids in human brains are Omega-3’s.

This is from the study in the link:
“Now a new study from the Netherlands (6) has suggested that omega-3 fatty acids may help with aggressive behavior. In the study, 221 Dutch prisoners aged 18 to 25 received either a placebo or a multivitamin with dosages similar to previous research (7), as well as both Dutch and several international standards. The supplemented group also took omega-3 fats in amounts of 400 mg of EPA and 400 mg of DHA, as well as 100 of gamma-linolenic acid or placebo for up to 3 months.

[...]

While the researchers did not see any statistically significant decreases in violent behavior via the questionnaire responses before and after the study, there was a significant decrease in violent incidents. Specifically, those in the supplement group had a 32% decrease in violence (11 incidents per 1,000 cell days decreased to 7.5 per 1,000 cell days) compared to a 11% increase in the control group (9.8 incidents/1,000 cells days to 11 per 1,000 cell days). When they excluded incidents involving alcohol and drugs, there was a 47% decrease in the supplement group (8.5 to 4.5 incidents per 1,000 cell days) compared to a 23% increase in the control group (6.5 to 8 incidents per 1,000 cell days)”

Here are some bits on neurotransmitters from PMPB:

“At any given moment, we all have positive things and challenging things in our lives that we could be focused on as our reality. Why do we gravitate on focusing on one thing towards another? The functioning of hormones, specifically insulin and leptin, to a very large extent influence the way we focus on and interpret the world around us and the events in our lives. The secondary effects of blood sugar, insulin, and leptin dysregulation, which are a part of this, involve the disruption and depletion of neurotransmitter functioning. It is a huge issue, and it profoundly influences the way many people interpret and respond or react to their world. Is it any wonder that our society is in such a state of chaos?

Nothing will ever influence the functioning or dysfunctioning of your hormones or neurotransmitters (or your brain) more than the issue of blood sugar. Neurotransmitters are our main mood and brain regulators, and surges of blood sugar generate surges - and subsequent depletion or dysregulation - of the neurotransmitters serotonin, epinephrine, norepinephrine, GABA, and dopamine. Blood sugar surges also deplete B-complex vitamins, which are needed for the manufacture of neurotransmitters and a few hundred other things, and deplete magnesium, which is needed for parasympathetic (relaxed) functioning, liver detoxification, and DHA synthesis, and another few hundred things.

Eating foods to which one is sensitive stimulates surges in cortisol or stress hormones, and subsequently in insulin as well as histamine, which acts as an excitatory neurotransmitter and can additionally agitate the nervous system. Insulin surges actually prevent the movement of L-tryptophan across the blood-brain-barrier and block most all other neurotransmitter function. A brain that is dependent on glucose for its functioning will experience considerable compromise during these fluctuations, and moods, together with cognitive functioning, will tend to be unstable at the mercy of blood sugar availability. A brain functioning on ketones, of course, will have no such vulnerability (though food sensitivities would still need to be monitored and deficiencies addressed).

Blood sugar surges stimulate accelerated glycation and increase the actions of insulin, leptin, inflammatory cytokines, and cortisol. These reactions collectively contribute more than any other factors to the degeneration of the brain and its functioning and are significantly disruptive to numerous bodily processes. The brain is enormously vulnerable to the glycating ravages (AGEs) of glucose, which induce aggressive oxidative processes, degrade its delicate structure, and diminish its functional capacity. Exposure to powerful antigens like gluten compounds also accelerates the damage. The more the brain degenerates, the more prone it becomes to chronic neurological sympathetic overarousal. The brain starts to lose its stress-mitigating capacity. Anxiety and anxiety-related disorders today are utterly epidemic.”

To summarize that: glucose can really mess up your brain, and gluten makes it worse. On a side note, the part about eating foods one is sensitive to and increasing cortisol, insulin, and histamine reminds me of the aforementioned study about Type A and Type B offenders having high histamine levels in their blood. I bet all the sugar and heavy metals are really doing a number on their brains! But, then again, psychopaths tend to have low levels of cortisol, which muddies the issue.

I’ll just repost this for clarity:

“Walsh studied 24 pairs of brothers. Each pair lived together, and included one violent, delinquent sibling and one sibling with no academic or behavioral problems. Hair samples taken from the non-delinquent siblings revealed no abnormalities, while samples from the delinquent siblings showed two markedly abnormal patterns. One pattern of biochemical abnormalities ("type A") was seen in subjects who exhibited episodic violence, while another ("type B") was found in psychopathic subjects who showed no conscience or remorse, were pathological liars, and often tortured animals or set fires as children.
A controlled study by Walsh et al. of 192 violent and non-violent males found the same pattern: 92 of 96 violent subjects had type A or type B biochemical profiles, while only five of the 96 non- violent subjects had abnormal profiles.
According to Walsh, type A subjects have elevated serum copper, depressed plasma zinc, high blood lead levels, and abnormal blood histamine levels. Hair analysis reveals an elevated copper- to-sodium ratio that Walsh calls "quite striking." Type B subjects have elevated blood histamine, low plasma zinc, and elevated lead levels, and hair samples show a depressed copper-to-sodium ratio. Walsh also has identified "type C" and "type D" profiles associated with low-to-moderate levels of aggression.”

Speaking of which, I found this one old case study to be interesting. Three people who were diagnosed as psychopaths actually self-induced hypoglycemia by abusing insulin shots, two of whom were addicted to insulin’s “euphoric” effects. That just sounds like a recipe for disaster; these psychopaths induce hypoglycemia, which, in turn, promotes violent behavior, while, at the same time, giving them a dopamine surge. And, because insulin can deplete neurotransmitters over time, these guys are likely making their psychopathic behavior increasingly worse from brain damage.

__http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:uTh2y_0HXXwJ:www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1985613/pdf/brmedj02083-0046.pdf+insulin+psychopathy&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESh0JzvkQ4Baoihct18f2e9bLTEMSBBs4qdAIKJ8xON0bR0WrNRCo79VHcpvX1rMpKGo_bXZ_QZUw_YkoZQUdd1KsSmkcL4BMORtBbw-gXohrCkncq9dZNO4NBILt0XkNh7Cv_2Q&sig=AHIEtbQrYvuhYWizZBmfH_tjMDvI33dR0Q

And here’s a bit about zinc deficiency from PMPB, as observed in the Type A/Type B study, which can be caused by excessive amounts of phytic acid from grains and legumes (soy in particular).

Among the trace minerals, zinc deficiency is one most commonly associated with learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, cognitive dysfunction, emotional lability, delinquent behaviors, and eating disorders. Zinc is also critical for immunity and healthy digestive function; it is found predominantly in animal-source foods and is commonly deficient in people who have depression. Consuming significant amounts of soy, in particular, as well as large amounts of grains or legumes (due to their phytic acid), is known to cause zinc deficiencies.

[...]

Zinc and copper are two minerals that work together but require certain ratios to work optimally in the human body. Zinc needs to be in about an 8:1 or 12:1 ratio with copper for optimal neurological and physiological functioning. When the diet becomes deficient in zinc, or when the body loses large amounts of zinc to stress, which can triple its rate of excretion from the body, or in the case of diets high in phytic acid (found in soy, legumes, and grain products), the ratio moves closer to 1:1. This can result in copper toxicity, which manifests the aforementioned zinc deficiency symptoms such as learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, cognitive dysfunction, emotional lability, and delinquent behavior (Schauss 1997).”

So, this may certainly link the staples that many people consume every day to pathological behavior. On a side note, a genetic cause of zinc deficiency was mentioned in the text, called pyroluria. Basically, it’s when your body makes too much of OHHPL, a byproduct of hemoglobin synthesis, which in turn binds to zinc and vitamin B6, and increases other waste products, known as kryptopyrroles, in the urine. Gedgaudas herself doesn’t directly relate it to psychopathic behavior, but says that it’s linked to autism, anxiety, schizophrenia, depression, ADD, etc.

I saw a couple of books on Google Books that mention this Arthur Shawcross psycho/serial killer/cannibal. His story gave me the creeps more than “Jean”’s ever did! He also had an extra Y chromosome, which I think the C’s said is a remnant of the “Nephilim” and is linked to unsuccessful psychopathy. What’s really important, in my opinion, is his level of kryptopyrroles in his urine: it only takes over 20 mcg/dL = .2 mcg/cc to have pyroluria, and this guy had 200.66 mcg/cc!

_http://books.google.com/books?id=rPLpWHyrM-MC&pg=PA24&lpg=PA24&dq=kryptopyrroles+y+chromosome&source=bl&ots=bf_Na5f8TU&sig=CECm1Aim5Y8lTfSeihMuQTssz7E&hl=en&ei=-x9HTtWYAsfiiAL5xvWxCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=kryptopyrroles%20y%20chromosome&f=false

Anyways, there are definitely many leads that may support the hypothesis that gluten somehow enhances/aggravates psychopathic behavior. Whether or not there is a genetic link (i.e. you were born with it) as far as gluten goes is questionable. But, if ketones can turn on certain genes in your body to make it run better, then why can’t gluten do the opposite?

Then again, throughout my time looking for dots to connect, it seems like anything that can damage your brain can lead, at the very least, to entropic behavior.

For example, before I lost the energy to research, I was wondering why the Northwest Coast tribes of Canada, as indicated on Shijing’s map, were mostly patriarchal in nature if they were a hunter-gatherer society with no grains and a minimal amount of berries and tubers for food. Apparently, they even had slavery within some of the tribes. Well, it turned out that shellfish was a major part of their diet, and shellfish can contain a great deal of domoic and kainic acid, which can be neurotoxic and cause lesions in the brain in the area around the hippocampus (_http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WFG-4C8H7KS-9T&_user=10&_coverDate=08%2F31%2F1991&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1424675008&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=be71baa042f698e6904b36012a71b239).

Here’s from Wikipedia:

Domoic acid is a structural analog of kainic acid and proline.

Considerable recent research has been carried out by the Marine Mammal Center and other scientific centers on the association of domoic acid-producing harmful algal blooms and neurological damage in marine mammals of the Pacific Ocean.
Domoic acid can bioaccumulate in marine organisms such as shellfish, anchovies, and sardines that feed on the phytoplankton known to produce this toxin. DA can accumulate in high concentrations in the tissues of these plankton feeders when the toxic phytoplankton itself is high in concentration in the surrounding waters.
In mammals, including humans, domoic acid acts as a neurotoxin, causing short-term memory loss, brain damage and, in severe cases, death. DA-producing algal blooms are associated with the phenomenon of amnesic shellfish poisoning (ASP). In marine mammals, domoic acid typically causes seizures and tremors. In the brain, domoic acid especially damages the hippocampus and amygdaloid nucleus. It damages the neurons by activating AMPA and kainate receptors, causing an influx of calcium. Although calcium flowing into cells is a normal event, the uncontrolled increase of calcium causes the cell to degenerate. Because the hippocampus may be severely damaged, short-term memory loss occurs.

Then again, if I understand correctly, domoic acid only accumulates in shell fish if they feed off of red algae blooms. Maybe the tribes merely dealt with a low concentration of it and it thus activated various genes accordingly.

That also makes me wonder how the occasional deviant would turn up in the Inuit tribes, requiring said individual to be quietly pushed off the ice.

But, if there’s anything completely obvious to be said, our brains have not been taking the change from the ice age diet to the agricultural diet very well. If someone knows something more about this matter after reading Primal Body, Primal Mind, The Vegetarian Myth, etc., post it here. I have a feeling that there are loads of dots in them, but I haven’t gotten through said books yet. And if the topic has been addressed sufficiently elsewhere, again, let me know please.

Reactions: ELT
Hi Anart, in answer to your question, I have read bits of Gurdjieff here and there only.

Zlyja - thank you for this piece, it brought a lot together for me, as you said, there are a lot of dots.

Back
Top Bottom