Gluten-free Recipes

Has anyone come across a gluten free angel food cake recipe that uses birch not corn xylitol sugar ?

Maddie said:
Has anyone come across a gluten free angel food cake recipe that uses birch not corn xylitol sugar ?

Search for the Xylitol topic here on the forum. It seems like the bottom line was that it doesn't matter much which you use, but don't quote me on that.

I was thinking of how can I replace the flour or how can I make wiener schnitzel a'la paleo!

I got onion and garlic powder and mixed it with a couple of eggs made a batter.

Sliced the meat first, I used pork, put salt and pepper on it, dip it in the batter and fried in lard.

Mmmmm... everybody liked it. :)

I am especially interested to find out some new gluten free recipes. As I am suffering from gluten allergy I read new recipes almost every day. As the discussion is about while flour i totally replaced it with rye flour or maybe sometimes soy flour. It is one and the same both have delicious taste

Hi Eliza there's lots of tasty recipes on the forum, fatbomb, cheesecake, meat dishes, even a tomato-free sauce so the recipes section is a great place to start. Have you had chance to read about the ketogenic diet yet? If not here's the link to the page on the forum https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28799.0.html

Also soy is an ingredient to watch out for as it's extremely toxic to our bodies http://www.sott.net/article/238998-The-Dangers-of-Soy-Are-Real-and-Much-Worse-Than-You-Might-Think

[...]
-Furthermore, modern soy foods are very different from those consumed traditionally in Asia. Most are made with soy protein isolate (SPI), which is a protein-rich powder extracted by an industrial process from the waste product of soy oil manufacturing. It is the industry's way of making a profit on a waste product. The industry spent over 30 years and billions of dollars developing SPI.
In feeding studies, SPI caused many deficiencies in rats. That soy causes deficiencies in B12 and zinc is widely recognized, but the range of deficiencies was surprising.

Sometimes I use tapioca or amaranth flour to make things, also some people use dehydrated pork skins which is then crushed to make flour to make things liek bread/pizza crust/cakes

To be honest i don't like nor consume soy. It tastes weird for me and i can not stand it. I was wondering for some gluten free cereals??
Btw thanks for the links i ll take a look. Ketogenic diet i have heard of it but never actually tried it. Do you have any experience with that?

Eliza Plank said:
To be honest i don't like nor consume soy. It tastes weird for me and i can not stand it.
Thorn may have mentioned the problems with soy to you because you mention using soy flour here.

Eliza Plank said:
To be honest i don't like nor consume soy. It tastes weird for me and i can not stand it. I was wondering for some gluten free cereals??
Btw thanks for the links i ll take a look. Ketogenic diet i have heard of it but never actually tried it. Do you have any experience with that?

Yes, you can read about experiences with ketogenic diet in the thread recommended by Thorn:
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28799.0.html (Ketogenic Diet - Path To Transformation?)

You could also check this article:
The Ketogenic Diet - An Overview (http://www.sott.net/article/265069-The-Ketogenic-Diet-An-Overview)

You could search for (guten-free) fatbomb and other recipes in the forum. :halo:

Thanks guys. I have already checked Thorn's recommended link and I actually i didn't get it. I think that there are lots of facts that should be considered when starting this diet. On the other hand it sounds like a simple vegetarian normal food list so any further explanation would be of great help..

Eliza Plank said:
Thanks guys. I have already checked Thorn's recommended link and I actually i didn't get it. I think that there are lots of facts that should be considered when starting this diet. On the other hand it sounds like a simple vegetarian normal food list so any further explanation would be of great help..

Hi Eliza, :welcome: Welcome to the forum
We ask all new members to post something in the Newbies section. You don't have to get real personal, just a few little things about yourself and how you found the forum. Then you get a welcome message, which includes among other information this:

Zadius Sky said:
You might also want to read through the Diet and Health and EE-Breathing Program threads as well as the Recommended books: List and Guide.

In recommended books you just start with the first ones in the list in Health and Diet section. Beside reading the "life without bread" and "ketogenic diet" threads, they provide good starting points for diet. In Sott you may find a lot of articles, you could check these link collections:
Gluten intolerance
Ketogenic diet

Ketogenic diet or paleo diet is not vegetarian diet. Please do some reading about them for more information. If you have questions, then you could put them in this thread (this one is more connected with recipes and not diet :) ):
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28799.0.html (Ketogenic Diet - Path To Transformation?)

Back
Top Bottom