Graham Hancock

I just thought I would post this here for anyone interested in possible alternatives to what we are spoon fed in standard schools and educational institutions when it comes to our ancient history.

Graham Hancock - An author and journalist has done his own research across the globe, piecing together his own explanations.

Apparently it's causing a big stir up in the Academia circles, and mainstream reviews are calling it absurd, racist(?) outrageous and all the rest. Which tells me it probably contains a lot of truth.

Has anyone watched or is going to watch this series ? And what are your thoughts on it, if any ?

:-)

It is a good documentary, but Hancock goes like a cat on the roof in this matter of the Malta ruts and seems to support the theory that they were chariot ruts. Despite hinting that there was a cometary bombardment it does not cross his mind about electrical discharges or arcs between the Earth and a celestial body.

Were the Malta ruts caused by ground-to-ground discharge?

A: Yes

Q: (Pierre) I have a question about charges and discharges. The Malta Ruts suggest material removal. Were they caused by upward electric discharges?

A: Downward. Conducted.

Q: (Pierre) An extra question about the Malta Ruts. The downward discharge was electrons?

A: Level playing field eventually. Just wait for the current to begin to flow!

Q: (L) So in other words, we're all going to get electrocuted!

(Pierre) That might be due to the fact that the magnetosphere protects the planet from most high-energy cosmic rays and other radiations. If you have no magnetic shield, the planet is open to any such radiation.

(Joe) Does that refer back to astronomical phenomena and the close passage of a large body that will cause the current to flow?

(Chu) Well, they said phenomena...

A: Close! Think of the grooves on Malta.

Q: (Pierre) They're talking of electromachining of the surface of the planet...

I just thought I would post this here for anyone interested in possible alternatives to what we are spoon fed in standard schools and educational institutions when it comes to our ancient history.

Graham Hancock - An author and journalist has done his own research across the globe, piecing together his own explanations.

Apparently it's causing a big stir up in the Academia circles, and mainstream reviews are calling it absurd, racist(?) outrageous and all the rest. Which tells me it probably contains a lot of truth.

Has anyone watched or is going to watch this series ? And what are your thoughts on it, if any ?

:-)

There's a thread about Hancock - Graham Hancock - having a 'good review':
I hope everyone finding this thread over the past few days or weeks will take the time to read it from the beginning. I just reviewed it and it is a powerful collection of research and knowledge. Forewarned is forearmed. That is, knowledge protects!

Part about Ancient Apocalypse show starts on p.20 of that thread with another 'good review':
This looks like it might be worth checking out - a new series of docs with Graham Hancock on Netflix:

Ancient Apocalypse

Journalist Graham Hancock travels the globe hunting for evidence of mysterious, lost civilizations dating back to the last Ice Age.

Watch Ancient Apocalypse | Netflix Official Site

On his FB he writes:

All 8 episodes of "Ancient Apocalypse", my new Netflix TV series, will be available to view worldwide from Friday 11/11/22: https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81211003. We start in Indonesia with a mysterious pyramid that new geological evidence dates to more than 20,000 years ago -- the peak of the last Ice Age when sea level was 400 feet (about 120 meters) lower than it is today. Please consider setting a reminder and adding the series to your "My List".

View attachment 66300

This name has been mentioned a fewer times on the forum but I'll also put it here. Robert Sepehr's views overlap with Graham's though there are areas of divergence. He also happens to be a certified anthropologist whilst Graham markets himself as a journalist.

He has a YouTube channel and here is a video to his channel

Here is another one of a similar ilk but with a heavy spiritual bend. I have only listened to 1 podcast and it got a bit difficult to get through it because it was veering quite close to the "you create your own reality" angle in the sense that these past lost civilisations managed to reach levels of spiritual mastery that we haven't and essentially became "creator" gods. He's also not shy in talking about hyperdimensional beings or aliens who were in partnership with the lost atlantean civilisation, amongst others. Incidentally in one of the videos he intimated that Atlanteans used the Pyramids and quartz for some energy / power generation and also they could almost travel by means of teleportation, or Stargate type stuff. Naturally though, there is no sense of STS / STO.

Like Hancock, he talks about cosmic catastrophes but doesn't believe Atlantis only perished from cometary impacts but also some sun-related stuff.

Anyways, the name is Matthew Lacroix and here is a video to his channel

Anyone know whether this guy has some useful stuff or is it all wishy washy? Not sure whether to invest the time!

Looks like he was also part of this

Last edited:
Göbekli Tepe and the Vulture Stone

In the Hancock's documentary, Dr. Martin Sweatman proposes that pillar 43, known as the "Vulture Stone", is an astronomical date that would indicate a time between 10,900 and 10,800 B.C. that would coincide with the Younger Dryas catastrophe.

Sweatman proposes that the three bag-like figures at the top of the pillar are representations of the sun, specifically the solstices and equinoxes, and that the animals are asterisms.
P43. fig. 2.jpg
The reproduction of pillar 43 used by Weatman is a very stylized representation, this image was taken from the documentary.
20230109_134239.jpg
What is found next to one of the "suns" could well be an animal or a hand as mentioned by others who have compared pillar 43 with other hands holding bags found in archaeological sites. I believe that for the moment few have dedicated themselves to explaining what these bags or artifacts are about.
20230109_120902.jpg
On the other hand, possibly what is represented on pillar 43 is not an astronomical date but something more... spiritual?

What meaning could the Vulture have had for ancient cultures?

Vultures are also prominent in ancient mythology. They were amazed by the vultures ability to only consume death and still produce life. The vulture became associated with rebirth and many gods featured vulture wings or faces. Vultures were also believed to being the creature that kept the balance of life and death in order. As long as the vultures consumed the dead and were able to reproduce the balance of life was in working order. Vultures also became a feminine symbol because of its rebirth myths.

Andrew Collins and Rodney Hale propose that the pillar 43

represents the northern celestial pole, long seen in shamanic tradition as the "hole in the sky" through which human souls could access the Upper World. With this knowledge, it becomes clear that the pillar's carved relief is a multi-layered signboard created to aid the soul's journey from its physical environment to the land of the dead.
P43. fig. 3. schematic overlay.jpg

Please read the following paper for a more in-depth explanation:

GÖBEKLI TEPE'S PILLAR 43:
AN ASTRONOMICAL INTERPRETATION

Andrew Collins and Rodney Hale

Summary

Most likely Pillar 43's carved relief illustrates the journey of the soul from its mundane, physical environment, seen in terms of the installation itself, to the sky-world, reached via the celestial bodies of the northern night sky. In all likelihood the soul's ultimate destination was the northern celestial pole, the "hole in the sky," represented by the ball at the centre of the T-shaped head's relief imagery. Its principal guardian on this journey was the vulture, both in its celestial form as the constellation of Cygnus or - but less likely - a super constellation made up of the stars of several constellations in the vicinity of the Summer Triangle, and in its mundane form as the psychopomp, or "soul carrier," derived from the vulture's role in the act of excarnation or sky-burial. Highlighted also is the role of the scorpion, the constellation of Scorpius, as a presumed inhabitant of the Lower World, was ever ready to consume the soul on its hazardous journey to the afterlife.

These ideas not only take into consideration every facet of Pillar 43's carved relief, but also its relationship to the installation in which it stands as well as the cosmological ideas that might well have come to bear on the construction of Göbekli Tepe in the wake of the Younger Dryas event. We therefore believe they make far better sense than interpreting arbitrary elements of the stone's carved relief as a snapshot of the moment when a comet impact devastated the world over 1,300 years before the creation of Göbekli Tepe.

Please note that this article forms part of a more detailed scholarly article to be published in due course.
P43. fig. 2 (1).jpg

Attachments

• P43. fig. 3. schematic overlay.jpg
    P43. fig. 3. schematic overlay.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 2
What is found next to one of the "suns" could well be an animal or a hand as mentioned by others who have compared pillar 43 with other hands holding bags found in archaeological sites. I believe that for the moment few have dedicated themselves to explaining what these bags or artifacts are about.
The bags carried by the "gods" can be a device for capturing energy, which would serve to power the operation of whatever was needed.

In pillar 43, a kind of radiated energy can be seen below the bags that seems to be drawn from the animal kingdom represented below.

On the other hand, astrologer Svetlana Dragan says according to what was published today by aimarok:

So, there is such a story. Take it as you want. I've never said that, but I'll try to say it.

There was one of the civilizations that we often mention. It is believed that it resides here and tries to conduct experiments on us. But it, too, was conquered in its time. And there were such technical devices that gave energy, gave some exaggerated emotional factors thanks to some technical devices. But these technical devices consume energy from natural [sources]: from plants, from animals, etc. And when all this was exhausted, the spoilage of these pseudo-emotions was already great, civilization simply did not know what to do. It simply lost interest in everything and was dying because it was not interested in anything, nature died, they themselves stopped finding this potential in themselves. They disconnected from the source, because these attempts to artificially create any worlds, emotions... And this process, which is offered to us, has another source, not divine. And with whom we are going to argue, I want to say...

And it may seem a bit silly, but when I thought of a technology that draws on the energy of the animal kingdom, I was reminded of the movie Warcraft.

In it, a species (orcs in the movie), uses magic using the vital energy of everything that is alive. By doing this and using more and more energy, their land was dying and they needed more territories that ended up dying too, so they had to go to another world to continue obtaining energy.

Just a silly relationship that I thought.:-)

Göbekli Tepe and the Vulture Stone

In the Hancock's documentary, Dr. Martin Sweatman proposes that pillar 43, known as the "Vulture Stone", is an astronomical date that would indicate a time between 10,900 and 10,800 B.C. that would coincide with the Younger Dryas catastrophe.

Sweatman proposes that the three bag-like figures at the top of the pillar are representations of the sun, specifically the solstices and equinoxes, and that the animals are asterisms.
View attachment 69137
The reproduction of pillar 43 used by Weatman is a very stylized representation, this image was taken from the documentary.
View attachment 69138
View attachment 69139
On the other hand, possibly what is represented on pillar 43 is not an astronomical date but something more... spiritual?

What meaning could the Vulture have had for ancient cultures?

Andrew Collins and Rodney Hale propose that the pillar 43

View attachment 69141

Please read the following paper for a more in-depth explanation:

GÖBEKLI TEPE'S PILLAR 43:
AN ASTRONOMICAL INTERPRETATION

Andrew Collins and Rodney Hale

Summary

Most likely Pillar 43's carved relief illustrates the journey of the soul from its mundane, physical environment, seen in terms of the installation itself, to the sky-world, reached via the celestial bodies of the northern night sky. In all likelihood the soul's ultimate destination was the northern celestial pole, the "hole in the sky," represented by the ball at the centre of the T-shaped head's relief imagery. Its principal guardian on this journey was the vulture, both in its celestial form as the constellation of Cygnus or - but less likely - a super constellation made up of the stars of several constellations in the vicinity of the Summer Triangle, and in its mundane form as the psychopomp, or "soul carrier," derived from the vulture's role in the act of excarnation or sky-burial. Highlighted also is the role of the scorpion, the constellation of Scorpius, as a presumed inhabitant of the Lower World, was ever ready to consume the soul on its hazardous journey to the afterlife.

These ideas not only take into consideration every facet of Pillar 43's carved relief, but also its relationship to the installation in which it stands as well as the cosmological ideas that might well have come to bear on the construction of Göbekli Tepe in the wake of the Younger Dryas event. We therefore believe they make far better sense than interpreting arbitrary elements of the stone's carved relief as a snapshot of the moment when a comet impact devastated the world over 1,300 years before the creation of Göbekli Tepe.

Please note that this article forms part of a more detailed scholarly article to be published in due course.
View attachment 69142

I think most would greatly enjoy the following thread linked below, which delves deep into the mystery of Gobekli Tepe, and looks in depth at pillar 43 narratives in particular... it's the product of an awesome amount of digging and thinking!

From memory, for example in the first episode about the structure in Indonesia: The archaeologist finds two layers of human remains, the oldest of which is at something like 900BC or older. Then the geologist dates some more profound sediments to something like 20000BC. Later Hancock says that the survivors of the Indonesian sub-continent fled the shores after the Younger Dryas catastrophe and built this hill. Now, if the samples of the geologist to 20000BC or 9000BC correspond to a strata with human remains or and artificial structure at that depth, the argument would be strong. But with the evidence presented, it's still an unproved guess, which could be true or wrong.
New paper on Gunung Padang:

According to the analysis, Unit 3 is estimated to have been constructed during the remarkable timeframe of 25 000 to 14 000 BCE. Following this period, there was a hiatus spanning from 14 000 to 7900 BCE before Unit 3 was ultimately buried between 7900 and 6100 BCE. Remarkably, approximately two millennia later, the construction of Unit 2 took place between 6000 and 5500 BCE. Another significant hiatus occurred from 5500 to 2100 BCE, followed by the construction of Unit 1 between 2000 and 1100 BCE. Lastly, an intriguing excavation of Unit 2 and subsequent soil fills transpired between 1393 and 1499 CE. These refined chronological estimates provide a deeper understanding of the temporal development and evolution of the structures at Gunung Padang throughout its extensive history.

Back
Top Bottom