Graham Hancock

Re: Black Magic, Shamanism, Supernatural, Graham Hancock

Laura said:
Certainly, just about everything that the creative/positive path manifests can be experienced on the negative path, including healling, profound "spiritual experiences" that are staged, etc, but they are always accompanied by twists at crucial points, and what is called "bidding." An example of this is Whitley Streiber as described by Michael Topper. You can read about it here:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/stalking.htm

Thanks so much for posting this. It gave me the opportunity to reread it. Two paragraphs in particular caught my eye:

But the STS hierarchy sees this Creative Expression as a "flirtatious wanton" whoring after other "gods." It sees its job as "arresting" the indiscriminate proliferation and freedom granting bounty of Love. It wishes to "capture" the Mother, to keep her under lock-and-key, to utilize her power by appropriating her means, mimicking their actions and functions while strategically altering them and incorporating them into a restricted simulacrum suited to its own ends.

STS forces, remember, have no power of creativity; they cannot generate work of their own. They need the power of the Mother to do that. That is why they capture women with power, keep them half-alive so as to maintain a minimal continuity of creative interaction and the suitable production of form.

Just last night I was asking what the word "-jezebel-" meant (in relation as to what I'm experiencing) as this one of the words I "hear" constantly. I was told that "it doesn't mean anything" but didn't really believe it and always try to question the source of these "communications" as well as research them. When I read these two paragraphs again, it clicked into place (or at least I think it does)!

Ana said:
Thank you for the link Laura, it is clear that we need to keep working on ourselves with the indispensable assistance and eyes of the group, we need each other.

Thank YOU for getting that passage from al-Arabi (via Chittick). It is INDISPENSABLE knowledge!!! What is also extraordinary about it for me is that I experienced what he describes BEFORE I read the al-Arabi so that it came as a confirmation rather than as a pre-existing suggestion. I've been through all the levels of inrushes and, thank DCM that I achieved the level where they can come and do not disturb my functioning in any way.

In the beginning, there were some pretty wild rides accompanied by bi-location (I was witnessed as present by independent third parties when I was, in fact, thousands of miles away), everything appearing as shimming strands of living light, waves of heat, cold, seeing and hearing the gatherings of beings in other dimensions/densities (that got VERY irritating after awhile), and so on. Regarding the latter, I could close my eyes for a moment and immediately be aware of this other world OR, conversely, I could have my eyes closed and see through closed lids. Getting up and out of my body and going to other rooms also became irritating because I would think I was actually doing something, but my body was still inert and I would sort of get impatient that I had to go back and get it. Then, there were "beings" that would come along and try to trick me. It really was like a haunted forest where all kinds of tricks and traps were set and you have to be on your toes every second. That isn't possible under the influence of drugs that induce the state.

This sort of thing went on at an unbelievable level of intensity for over a year until I mastered every aspect of it. So, when people come to me talking about their "shamanic initiations" via drugs, and describe to me some of the awful stuff that goes on in those states (and yeah, a lot of it is described in glowing terms, but unless you've been through it with the body's natural chemicals, you can't tell the subtle differences), I just get the willies that anybody is promoting this stuff and that anybody is believing it. It's scary as hell the number of people that are doing it, too.

This is a great thread. Yes, there is definitely a world of difference between authentic shamanic experiences and journeys and these drug induced versions. Also, the point about the dangers of STS forces and how to protect yourself with knowledge when dealing with the "supernatural" realms is VERY important.

Thanks for all the info on this interesting thread.

Transcript parts of the Graham Hancock interview:
_http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com/members/ghancock.htm

Graham Hancock:
on similarity of experience
"You know it's difficult enough if you get twenty people together in a room and have them witness some event. It's difficult enough to get them all to agree on what they have seen. We know this from psychological studies. If ten different people witness a crime they will give ten different descriptions of the perpetrator. But here is the bizarre thing: in experiences that our scientists define as non-real or illusory, the experiences that we call hallucinations, in those experiences people all over the world universally report the same experiences.

the another realm
And that is the experience of passing through into another realm, which is absolutely real, convincingly, seamlessly real, which is inhabited by intelligent beings who seem to want to communicate with you. And these beings often take the form of half-animal half-human hybrids. And overlaid against the perception of these beings there are often geometrical patterns, grids, zig-zags, wavy lines appear as well. And this is universal. It's found from people from all different cultures and at all different periods of history. It's documented in the painted caves from thirty-five thousand years ago. This same experience that people in modern lab research using hallucinogens to investigate human consciousness report encountering exactly the same kind of beings the half-human, half-animal hybrids for example that we find painted on the walls on the caves from thirty-five thousand years ago."

why people see the same things:
"We must try to explain why it is that people experience the same thing in this supposedly non-real realm. And one possible explanation for it and that's the explanation shamans all over the world offer is that that other realm that we enter in altered state of consciousness is in fact real. And that is why people see the same things because they going to the same places. They are projecting their consciousness into the same places. This is what shamans believe. And the shamanic view of the universe and of reality is radically different from the view of western science. Western science believes that if you cannot weigh something, measure it and count it then it simply does not exist, it's not there. They have they must be able to approach it with their instruments. If they can't, it does not exist. It's an illusion.

Shamans review things quite differently. They believe that whether we like it or not, whether we agree with it or not, we are tied up with the spiritual realm. And if we wish to deal with problems in this physical world, then we cannot ignore that spiritual realm. And often the root cause of problems will be in that spiritual realm. So rather than sticking their heads in the sand and pretending that it doesn't exist, what shamans attempt to do is to become masters of that realm. They developed techniques for altering their consciousness at will and the most widely used technique is the use of hallucinogenic plants, but there are other techniques as well. And they enter the other realm and they master it and they deal with and negotiate with the spirits there and they frequently bring back useful information of great value in this physical world. Particularly to do with healing."
[..]
quantum physics connection
"thanks to quantum physics and the insights and discoveries of quantum physics most people are aware that the existence of parallel dimensions is a very real possibility."
[..]
religion connection
"if you go back to the source of great religions, you are going to find the shamanic experiences. "
Saint Paul and his Damascus road experience is a fundamental importance to Christianity [..] a blinding light and a sense of a complete change of his life of the whole new flood of information came into his (St. Paul's) mind [..]
Christ himself is a powerfully shamanic figure [..] partly divine partly human, part spirit part man."
"[..] at the very source at the heart of religion is a profound experience that an individual or a group of individuals have in an altered state of consciousness."
(mentions corruption of religions by priests interested only in power in this material world.)
"[..] and the great world religions are all - in my view - very far removed from their shamanic roots, greatly to their cost."
/Graham Hancock/

Ana said:
Thank you for the link Laura, it is clear that we need to keep working on ourselves with the indispensable assistance and eyes of the group, we need each other.

Thanks for that post, Ana. It's a timely reminder for me not to lose sight of the network as well, since I tend to try and do a lot on my own.

Anyone wanting a look at an overview of that book:

Supernatural: Meetings With The Ancient Teachers of Mankind, by Graham Hancock, 720pp with 16 full-colour illustrations and 150 black-and-white line drawings. Published by Century, 6 October 2005

Here's a couple of interviews with Hancock that may (or may not) be interesting and add to what forge has provided:

The following article about Supernatural, and interview with Graham Hancock, first appeared in the Daily Grail’s online magazine Sub Rosa in October 2005.
_http://www.grahamhancock.com/supernatural/article_02.html

The following article first appeared in the October 2005 issue of the Watkins Review.
_http://www.grahamhancock.com/supernatural/article_01.html

Laura said:
But, what is important here is what is done with these experiences. I think you (and all others interested in this topic) should read John Keel's "The Eighth Tower" and "Operation Trojan Horse." According to the Cs - which meshes well with what Keel wrote based on extensive research - and my own experiences, individuals with these capacities are tracked from birth, targeted, and corrupted "to the Dark Side" with clever paranormal propaganda.

It was via the Cs (and my own research) that I was helped to avoid a great deal in terms of the pitfalls of taking the wrong turns at these various decision points. The LAST of the experiences that the STS side was able to manufacture for my shamanic awareness occurred in the summer of 1995. The Cs referred to it as an "eclipsing of realities". Apparently, at that point, there was a "test" and I chose creativity and light. I didn't know it at the time, but then, that's how the creative forces work: you aren't given evidence in advance, the choice must be unweighted. It's the STS side that works overtime to convince you that you are having a bona-fide amazing experience, healing, interaction with good guys, and so on so that you think "wow! I'm so speshul!" Right there, you are lost.

Certainly, just about everything that the creative/positive path manifests can be experienced on the negative path, including healling, profound "spiritual experiences" that are staged, etc, but they are always accompanied by twists at crucial points, and what is called "bidding." An example of this is Whitley Streiber as described by Michael Topper.

Ana said:

Just wanted to thank everyone for this thread (I need to thank people more).....its been a bit of an eye opener. Its helping me put a lot of my life, and the programs I currently fighting in context....especially about how important it is to not drift away from the safety of the group (which I feel I have been a little recently). Seeing the traps I've been in for years in a new light (the correct context) is quite profound.

Part II.

It was like a life review
"Altogether across the eleven sessions that I did in the Amazon I was feeling toward the end of it that I was beginning to get genuine communication. [..] its not that these beings speak in human voices, the communication is telepathic. But still one has to overcome one's fears, one's preconceptions, one's ideas of what's going on, in order to listen to that and hear it and understand what is being said. Interestingly, part of the ayahuasca experience for me was a personal inward journey, where I found myself confronted with absolute clarity and no hiding place with many things that I had done during the course of my life. Going right back to my childhood, which I wasn't proud of and which I had kind of shoved away from memory. [..] It was like a life review, very much a life review. And the purpose of that life review and I know many other people who drank ayahuasca who had the same experience:

a vision of yourself in very unflattering terms
The purpose of that life review seems to be to allow you to change track. If you want to change track. Instead of being just rooted in the way you have always been. It gives you a vision of yourself in very unflattering terms. And you come to realize your motives were a certain act of meanness or a certain act of dishonesty and you can't hide from it anymore. Once you realize that of course you know that you can't go back and change the past. But you also know that, you that you don't have to be that way again in the future. So I did find it a profound teaching experience in that respect.

going back
Just at a level of personal development, but at a broader level my sense is that there is an enormous amount of extremely valid and valuable information that was beamed at me from this other world and I need to do more work to get clear exactly what is being sad for that reason I intend to persist with ayahuasca. I'm gonna go back to Brazil next year and spend a couple of weeks again working with shamans and drinking ayahuasca, because I want to explore that other country further, more carefully over an extended period of time. [..]

much broader relevance
[..]extraordinary source of information, which can help me as an individual and which may have a much broader relevance to that but which I need to learn how to decode.[..]

half-human half-alligator creature
[..]one particularly such vision involved a creature that was part that had a body of a human and head of crocodile or an alligator and indeed there is an Egyptian God that looks like that (Sobek/Sebek, the crocodile god, Lord of the Faiyum) [..] you can project your consciousness in the direction you want. So I came to the door and I looked to my right and I saw a huge, what I took to be a statue of a powerfully built man with the head of a crocodile. It seemed to be carved out of greed jade. And then just at the moment that I had decided that it was a statue the eyes of the figure swiveled towards me. And it glanced at me with a look that I can describe as sly and appraising, but not threatening. It was reacting to me. And at that moment I became very afraid. And the fear caused me to withdraw from the experience, open my eyes and shut out, shut out the visions. This happened to me a few times. And that's why I want to go back, because I feel I have to overcome that fear that it's very important to learn to overcome fear in order to get the maximum value out of these experiences.

Fear and the serpents
[..]the serpent is absolutely universal in ayahuasca. I don't know anybody who has drunk ayahuasca who hasn't encountered serpents. There may be some rare individuals who haven't, but the vast majority of us do. [..] Some might argue that we have a primordial fear of snakes and that that's why in an altered state of consciousness we see them. This is complete nonsense. The serpents that are seen under the influence of ayahuasca are not threatening. They are not dangerous, they are not violent. They are intelligent beings. Often of an enormous scale fifty or hundred feet long they seem huge with gigantic heads and bright, intelligent eyes and again they want to talk to you."

(An other independent report of a humanoid crocodile creature encounter in Rick Strassman's Spirit Molecule - page 252 - is extremely violent and traumatizing.)

forge said:

Fear and the serpents
[..]the serpent is absolutely universal in ayahuasca. I don't know anybody who has drunk ayahuasca who hasn't encountered serpents. There may be some rare individuals who haven't, but the vast majority of us do. [..] Some might argue that we have a primordial fear of snakes and that that's why in an altered state of consciousness we see them. This is complete nonsense. The serpents that are seen under the influence of ayahuasca are not threatening. They are not dangerous, they are not violent. They are intelligent beings. Often of an enormous scale fifty or hundred feet long they seem huge with gigantic heads and bright, intelligent eyes and again they want to talk to you."

(An other independent report of a humanoid crocodile creature encounter in Rick Strassman's Spirit Molecule - page 252 - is extremely violent and traumatizing.)

Reminds me of this:

Cs 28 August 1999 said:
Q: I have this book, this Marcia Schafer thing: "Confessions of an Intergalactic Anthropologist," and its a bunch of channelled stuff; one thing she says: "the snake is associated with the sign of wisdom and higher learning, and is often regarded quite highly in mystical circles." She had an interaction with a rattlesnake, for which she felt sympathy, and she also has sympathetic interactions with Lizzies. I would like to have a comment on the idea of the snake as a "sign of wisdom and higher learning." Does this, in fact, represent what the snake symbolizes?
A: Snake is/was reported in context of the viewpoint of the observer.
Q: Are you saying that when the observer's viewpoint is that the snake is a symbol of higher learning, maybe...
A: Maybe the observer was just "blown away" by the experience.
Q: Clarify, please.
A: If you were living in the desert, or jungle, about 7,000 years ago, as you measure time, would you not be impressed if these Reptoid "dudes" came down from the heavens in silvery objects and demonstrated techno-wonders from thousands of years in the future, and taught you calculus, geometry and astrophysics to boot?!?
Q: Is that, in fact, what happened?
A: Yup.

Certainly, the serpents seen in the ayahuasca visions (which do not seem to be 4 D, but rather 5 D-Like), are the representatives of the 6D thought centers of non-being. I described these critters in Secret History as follows (and now, with these reports of the STS visions, perhaps it will make more impact?):

SH said:
The Thought Center of non-being is of a certain nature - contractile subjectivity - that exerts a more or less “gravitational” pull - a desire to absorb and assimilate the soul energies of Being - so as to feed its own contracting nature. Even if it promotes a full field of awareness in principle, it can only view Being as a traitor to its own need to not exist. This results in an individual who may proclaim that all is illusion, but whose actions - or rather lack thereof - betray the deeper immutable state of being. Due to its intrinsic nature, there is a powerful exertion of non-being to destroy and obviate Being and Creation - all the while it is unable to achieve the awareness that it only exists by virtue of Being and Creation IN ACTION!

The powerful exertion of the Thought Center of non-being to absorb and assimilate all of creation, powered by its own contractile subjectivity, poses certain problems both for itself and for Being. Since the fundament of non-being is a LIE - that is to say, the state of absolute non-being that it promotes is a paradoxical impossibility - and the fundament of Being is the objective fact that Existence simply IS via ACTION - or utilization of knowledge which generates light, the essential conflict is between lies and truth. The Thought Center of non-being tells itself the biggest lie of all - that it does not exist - and goes to sleep in pretense. And from this essential point, we see that the nature of subjectivity is that of lies. Lies and belief in lies - whether or not the believer is aware that they are believing a lie - all partake of the same essence - subjectivity and non-being.

The Thought Center of non-being - in its expression as matter - as being “impressed” by Creative consciousness in ACTION, which partially awakens it and draws it into the creation of the organic world - wraps itself around this awakened consciousness. Its intrinsic nature of pretense to non-being acts “gravitationally” on consciousness, and twists and distorts it into varying degrees of subjectivity. It is this interaction of the energy of all possibility, lensed through subjectivity of matter, that produces the myriad manifestations of the material universe.

In the realm of the Thought Center of non-being, there are many manifestations - or ways - of seeking annihilation - the “Base Names of God”. These modes act in a gravitational way to engage, enfold, and distort consciousness to their ends. This results in the formation of consciousness units of great power and depth of cunning - far beyond anything imaginable in our own reality.

These consciousness units use their wiles to assimilate weaker consciousness units so as to accrue more contractile power. Obviously, the more “dense” the consciousness units “consumed”, the more “nutritious” they are. And so they seek, by great cunning, to carefully, and with great patience, manipulate the consciousness units selected for assimilation. It is, effectively, trans-millennial stalking.

These Overlords of Entropy, or so we may call them, by virtue of the overlay of intensified subjectivity, - the hallmark of the influence of the Thought Center of non-being - interface with the organic world on a “geographic” scale. Since they have, so to say, an intimate relationship with matter, the contractile consciousness of such a being can affect its area of chosen dominion very much like an overshadowing “cloud” with millions of tendrils of connections between it and its range of influence. This includes even the very matter of the bodies of human beings. It is through these etheric fibers that the Overlords of Entropy assimilate energy.

These overlords have “organs” so to speak. Just as a group of people were described by the Apostle Paul as “the body of Christ”, so are the organs of entropic overlords manifested as individual beings, though their direct connection to a single massive consciousness unit makes them more like “projections” than individually souled beings.

Because of their great drive to conserve and assimilate energy, the overlords are “stingy” with allowances to their organ-beings. It seems that they do not “waste” energy in manifesting and maintaining organic structures for their organs, and thus the organic physicality takes on the configuration of less complex creatures in the organic world. Rather than interacting with an organic structure in a cooperative, awakened state, they exercise control over theirs. Utilizing organic structures that require the least energy to maintain conserves energy. To this end, they draw the energy for their organic units from the pools of archetypal form of the animal kingdom. This energy is more easily accessed, is lower in frequency, and thus more amenable to control.

This seems to be the reason why, when perceived by individuals of the third dimensional self-consciousness - third density - realm, their appearance is generally startling. The reptilian type comes to mind as being the most energy efficient. Again, remember that consciousness is merely “reading waves”.

Due to the contractile nature of this hierarchy and its energy consumption, it is extremely difficult for these organ-beings of the Overlords of Entropy to actively function in our realm for any period of time. When they enter our realm, assuming a third density organic form, they are at a disadvantage. They are temporarily disconnected from the energy pool, which weakens them, but they are at another great disadvantage as well. Since they are not internally connected to an expanding, creative feedback loop of Creative Being, their own entropic overlord is a constant drain on them, pulling them gravitationally as it were, making them even weaker than the natural denizens of this realm. Such are those called aliens and “Men in Black”. It is this great strain on their energy resources that makes such appearances so rife with anomalous glitches. There is no creativity, and thus no ability to pull off such an intrusion into our reality with any convincing effectiveness.

For this reason they generally avoid direct interaction in the organic world, preferring to utilize other methods to stalk and conquer weaker units to “feed” the Thought Center of non-being. To this end, these entropic overlords seek to establish and maintain the “entrainment of creative energy” within the third density reality by deceptively enhancing third density, material interpretations of the phenomenal world.

In short, such beings of enormous geographic domination actively operate, within their geographic field of influence, to divert and discourage those organic units who have tenuous connections to creative energy - their higher selves - from interpretations which will lead to the establishing of a feedback loop with those Thought Centers of Being/Creation.

As noted, the nature of such beings, and the dynamic of their existence, requires massive energy input in order to “control” and direct their own organic physicality. This is possible at the level of overlord/sub-units of the Thought Center of non-being by virtue of the extensive assimilation of other consciousness units, and most especially by virtue of their “geographic” character, which enables them to “connect” to thousands, if not millions, of organic beings in the organic realm. This is, effectively, the “Program of the Matrix”.

This connection is naturally enabled by the aforementioned intrinsic nature of organic units to only perceive the field of view of the organic realm. That is to say that mechanical and material feedback loops are far more easily created between organic units and the sub-units of Non-being by a sort of “gravitational” pull of these sub-units upon the natural inclinations of the organic being.

This establishes “feedback loops” as previously described. The organic unit, “infected” with the material/mechanical view, begins to act according to that Thought Center’s dictates, and this generates activities of that nature in the organic unit. Due to the fact that any given sub-unit of the Thought Center of non-being may be connected to millions of organic units in third density, any of them may be activated singly, or in concert, to fulfill the wishes of the Overlords of Entropy, a “larger” sub-unit of the Thought Center of Non-being.

Now, I am wondering where ZeroPointNinja has run off to? He came here with an agenda - to fish for vulnerable targets to prey upon - and things just didn't turn out the way he planned. But no matter, it is useful to continue the examination of this work because it helps to clarify many things.

I want to mention the observation that an ability to "see other worlds" or other psychic gifts is not necessarily a sign of real spirituality. (See al-Arabi for more on this). As I wrote, again, in Secret History:

SH said:
In my 30 or more years of research into the paranormal, psi phenomena, “Forteana, ,and the workings of the human mind, I have often noted some odd connections. The one that occurred over and over again was a reference to psi and genetics. Time and time again a person who had “strange powers” would remark, “Oh, I inherited the sight from my aunt, or grandmother, or mother, or uncle”, or whoever.

Then, there was the peculiar connection of the endocrine system to psi phenomena. Many serious studies of “poltergeist” type phenomena note that it is most often, if not always, manifested in the presence of either a pubescent child or a sexually “fluctuating” or suppressed/frustrated woman, including those who are in one or another stage of menopause.

The next curious thing was the many notations of the onset of psi phenomena after a severe trauma to the head or a strong electrical shock.

Then, there are both yogis and saints and practitioners of various “nature” religions who, after certain ecstatic practices which have been shown to have an effect on both the electric current in the body as well as the chemicals, including hormones and neurotransmitters, can levitate, heal, bi-locate, manifest apparitions for others to see, increase body heat, decrease heart-rate, slow or stop autonomic functions and so on.

One thing is clear to me after all of these years of study: psi phenomena, whether it is healing, manifestation of matter, bi-location or whatever, has almost NO relation whatsoever to one’s state of spirituality. I encountered a family line that could “stop the flow of blood” with the touch of a hand, yet nearly every member was alcoholic, promiscuous, abusive to partners and children, and generally what one would consider to be ethically deficient. Yet, certain members of this line had this interesting “power” and were often called upon by neighbors and friends to save lives - even if they had to be hauled out of a bar dead drunk!

So, we have a curious series of factors to contend with that all seem to point in the direction of DNA being far more interesting and mysterious than we might have supposed. On the one hand we have such naturally transmitted “powers”, and on the other hand we have folks who can engage in some activity that either temporarily or permanently changes something in their physiology - and the apparent result is psi phenomena.
All of this, of course, indicates that our DNA is possibly the “interface” between the ethereal world and the physical, thus suggesting that discovering natural methods for the production of certain chemicals or energies in the body is the key to perception.

Having shamanic abilities obviously isn't an indicator of spirituality. That's why I don't make a big deal about my own experiences and prefer, instead, to focus on what a person does in this life with what they have. As the Cs say:

Cs 28 Sept 2002 said:
Life is religion. Life experiences reflect how one interacts with God. Those who are asleep are those of little faith in terms of their interaction with the creation. Some people think that the world exists for them to overcome or ignore or shut out. For those individuals, the worlds will cease. They will become exactly what they give to life. They will become merely a dream in the "past." People who pay strict attention to objective reality right and left, become the reality of the "Future."

Now, people like ZeroPointNinja are sure that they are so advanced that what has been said in this discussion (especially by me) is "cult-like" or even "elementary school" because he is an "independent spirit." He doesn't realize that he is the least free of all because he does not even realize how mechanical and controlled he is. He gives off the same energy as Vinnie Bridges, by the way.

So, ZeroPointNinja, if you are still out there, understand that you are "seen and known" but you neither see nor know. That's not an incurable situation, but as long as your cup is full, I can put nothing in it.

OMG :jawdrop:
I'm having a reaction to this right now. I'm feeling shaky and emotional, and just wanting to say OMG.
Can things BE like this? I feel like some kind of gap has been bridged. I have been transparant to anyone who can 'see' me all this time. Hell, I'm transparant to myself at the moment. I can see all my lies. I see all the areas of my life where there is no creativity - the paradoxical effort to "achieve or believe" non-being. OMG!
There is no evil, per say, only 6D thought centers 'pretending' to sleep - to not be and to manifest the transdensity effort to 'convince' creativity of the same.
All this pain, anger, horror, trauma...all of it...coming from a (stupid?) effort to manifest a paradox. OMG!
I don't think I'm going to be able to see anything the same way after this. Sorry, ya'll I have to take a break and try to calm down!

Buddy,

Paying attention to objective can be a jolt eh?
Learning about this is stuff is shocking after all the lies and distortions shoved down our throats daily by those who feed off both our suffering and the effects of our own self-importance.

Taking a break (try pipe breath) is a good idea if it is hitting you like that. Just remember to network when you can. As the Cs say be gentle with yourself. Little by little we can learn and BEcome that which is real.

IMO having psychic or shamanic experiences/abilities is not some sort of definitive sign that one is on the path to STO being. In fact, these days it seems for the most part to be another aspect of keeping people under control.

brainwave

brainwave said:
IMO having psychic or shamanic experiences/abilities is not some sort of definitive sign that one is on the path to STO being. In fact, these days it seems for the most part to be another aspect of keeping people under control.

brainwave

Exactly. That's why our focus is on doing things naturally and making development accessible to all who are seeking.

It is unethical and irresponsible for anyone to be out their promoting drugs as a way to achieve "shamanic" experiences.

What astonishes me over and over again is Hancock's apparent intelligence which doesn't catch his frequent self-contradictions, massive assumptions, and total inability to really understand the nature of the experience. He's like an infant playing with a loaded gun and wanting to share it with other babies in his playgroup.

Buddy said:
OMG :jawdrop:
I'm having a reaction to this right now. I'm feeling shaky and emotional, and just wanting to say OMG.
Can things BE like this? I feel like some kind of gap has been bridged. I have been transparant to anyone who can 'see' me all this time. Hell, I'm transparant to myself at the moment. I can see all my lies. I see all the areas of my life where there is no creativity - the paradoxical effort to "achieve or believe" non-being. OMG!
There is no evil, per say, only 6D thought centers 'pretending' to sleep - to not be and to manifest the transdensity effort to 'convince' creativity of the same.
All this pain, anger, horror, trauma...all of it...coming from a (stupid?) effort to manifest a paradox. OMG!
I don't think I'm going to be able to see anything the same way after this. Sorry, ya'll I have to take a break and try to calm down!

If you finally "got it" as a result of this exchange, it was worth the energy expended. But there is so much more to come as we go through this book!

brainwave said:
Taking a break (try pipe breath) is a good idea if it is hitting you like that. Just remember to network when you can.

I was reading this thread and the SHOTW excerpt differently than my usual method. This time I had read line by line, taking the time to put every point into context with my own knowledge/experience; i.e., making it personal. I think that explains the feeling of the gap being bridged. Sometimes, I "hate" this method of learning, but it's the only way that "Works" when I don't want to miss any crumb of knowledge.

Laura said:
What astonishes me over and over again is Hancock's apparent intelligence which doesn't catch his frequent self-contradictions, massive assumptions, and total inability to really understand the nature of the experience. He's like an infant playing with a loaded gun and wanting to share it with other babies in his playgroup.

I don't think a person's level of intelligence is what is required for understanding. Many intelligent people have grappled with this subject and unknowingly still find theirselves caught in the maze of it. I think what is required is for people to be able to overcome their own "thought loops". To let go of their assumptions and a willingness to see the truth as objectively as possible.

I think it's the same as when people keep encountering psychopaths and don't fully understand what they're dealing with. They keep wanting to believe that the person their dealing with is the same as them (would act the same way as they do and have no intent to harm) thereby playing into the psychopaths hands by feeling sorry (giving sympathy) to them if that makes any sense.

I'm currently reading John E. Mack's "Abduction - Human Encounters with Aliens". From what I've read so far, The people he interviews in the book in some ways mirror what Forge posted above regarding Hancock. In their desperate attempt to find something positive about the experience (and I currently believe that One can come away with something positive if they approach it mindfully), they conveniently shove the negative aspects under the rug even against their own better judgement. They know they are being lied to but never pose what I think the obvious question should be which is: If someone/something has lied to you, how can you trust anything that is said afterwards?

It seems that even when someone has a questioning mind, the last (?) refuge of STS will be the person's ego. The need to be right (or special) will be played upon feeding into a direct link to the individuals narcissism (predator?). I know someone personally who was appealed to directly in this manner and have experienced it in my own life as well.

This is why it's so incredibly important to work at seeing the self and networking with others who are doing the same. Anyone who is doing this alone will most likely be tripped up at some point. Hope I made some sense and haven't rambled on too much.

Laura said:
... But there is so much more to come as we go through this book!

I look forward to it!

This talk about being special (or how this is a sign of being on the STS path) made me think of the man we know as Jesus. From our perspective he most probably was quite extraordinary, or should I say special. The session transcripts tell us that he did recognize his abilities quite early:

From 940930:
Q: (L) Was Jesus an individual who had psychic or unusual powers
from birth?
A: Close.
Q: (L) Did he have an awareness from the earliest times of his life
that he was in some way special or chosen?
A: yes.

So I'm guessing that even though he knew he was "special" he welcomed it as a possibility learn and to help others (ultimately being "Christed") instead of feeling pleased or above others. Is this close or am I off track here?

The C's often say that learning is fun; so I guess it's okay (if you choose the STO path) to feel joy of all the new things you learn and apply to your life? But the danger of feeling pride and "elevated" is always lurking. Or maybe it's more like a bait that the STS-dudes try to offer...?

Aragorn said:
This talk about being special (or how this is a sign of being on the STS path) made me think of the man we know as Jesus. From our perspective he most probably was quite extraordinary, or should I say special. The session transcripts tell us that he did recognize his abilities quite early:

From 940930:
Q: (L) Was Jesus an individual who had psychic or unusual powers
from birth?
A: Close.
Q: (L) Did he have an awareness from the earliest times of his life
that he was in some way special or chosen?
A: yes.

So I'm guessing that even though he knew he was "special" he welcomed it as a possibility learn and to help others (ultimately being "Christed") instead of feeling pleased or above others. Is this close or am I off track here?

I think that you are as close as you can be. From what I have observed in the transcripts, it seems that the man known as Jesus was able to reject STS ways while living in an STS world. He put others above himself and chose to help them in the one way that would help them the most. The teaching of STO concepts.

Aragorn said:
The C's often say that learning is fun; so I guess it's okay (if you choose the STO path) to feel joy of all the new things you learn and apply to your life? But the danger of feeling pride and "elevated" is always lurking. Or maybe it's more like a bait that the STS-dudes try to offer...?

Since we are all STS at this time, I don't think that the STS-dudes have to try very hard to offer us anything since we are already full of STS thoughts. Our fight is to overcome these STS tendencies and to rewire our brains to start seeing things objectively and offer the kind of assistance that is being asked for. I think that this is the tricky part. To really know what is being asked for.

But, yes, as you said above, the danger of feeling pride and being above others is very strong in us. It is a constant battle. And it is an insidious thing to spot sometimes. So we must be ever vigilant and self-observe/self-remember at all times - or as often as possible. ;)

fwiw

Back
Top Bottom