Graham Hancock

Well, I'm not sure that it would happen that way, but I won't say it couldn't.

Does anybody know how far back in time ice cores go?

Some time ago, I found this version of a more complete copy of the "Adam and Eve Story" (I think it was a link provided by Suspicious0bservers): EBOOK
Yes, it was from SO where I got it too. And there was an extra link to the file titled Postlude to the Adam & Eve Story, 20+ page document released in 1971 (not to be confused with the closing, postlude part at the end of the main book). I could not find the link now but have downloaded the file back then so if anyone was interested I could upload it onto some cloud place (it's 27MB PDF file). Have not read the materials yet so can't share my thoughts on it.

Some time ago, I found this version of a more complete copy of the "Adam and Eve Story" (I think it was a link provided by Suspicious0bservers): EBOOK

It is downloadable:
View attachment 31207
I created an optimized version from this PDF. All the double pages were splitted, each page individually cropped to make it more readable on small screens. There is also an automatically added OCR-layer now that is you can copy text from the PDF. It's available here.

I think a celestial 'impact' could happen within just a few days of unaided viewing the object in the sky, but if what we're talking about is a cyclical event - it doesn't need to be a collision. Near-misses might be catastrophic enough. To my knowledge the Hopi alone remember the arrival of the moon, which they say 'passed by' four times before settling into orbit, with major Earth changes accompanying each pass.

So, if we are talking about a recurring event it's reasonable to believe there's a segment of the population who have retained this knowledge. I think it perhaps, is the reason all the great ancient structures and books were destroyed and defaced - because they would have told a story TPTB don't want us to know. Imo this is the only logical explanation for mankind's gaping knowledge holes.

Im quite interested in the Hopi material - having recently read The Hopi Survival Kit, and also being under the tutelage of a man who received their prophecies via oral tradition. Do you have a source for the above reference to the Hopis' memories of the moon?

Im quite interested in the Hopi material - having recently read The Hopi Survival Kit, and also being under the tutelage of a man who received their prophecies via oral tradition. Do you have a source for the above reference to the Hopis' memories of the moon?

I'm not sure if ReasonBear will answer. He hasn't logged on to the forum in several months, although he still might be reading here.

Re: Black Magic, Shamanism, Supernatural, Graham Hancock

DMT

I think that there are enough clues in the above extracts from wikipedia articles on the topic to inform the intelligent reader that this is not an area where one would like to mess around. Of some significance, I think, is McKenna's horrible death after so many years of screwing around with his brain chemicals.

Obviously, the necessity for the MAOI with oral administration, and its effect on other neurotransmitters means that there is far more to the "experiences" than just DMT which may be a very small player.

Also notice the hints of some sort of relationship to psychopathy... My guess is that what people experience/see is related to what is at their core.

As the Cs said:
Regarding monoamine oxidase inhibitors
DMT is generally not active orally unless it is combined with an monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as a reversible inhibitor of monoamine oxidase A (RIMA), e.g., harmaline. Without a MAOI, the body quickly metabolizes orally administered DMT, and it therefore has no hallucinogenic effect unless the dose exceeds monoamine oxidase's metabolic capacity (very rare).
{...}
(Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) are a class of powerful antidepressant drugs prescribed for the treatment of depression. They are particularly effective in treating atypical depression, and have also shown efficacy in smoking cessation.
Due to potentially lethal dietary and drug interactions, MAOIs had been reserved as a last line of defense, used only when other classes of antidepressant drugs (for example selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants) have failed.
{...}
MAOIs act by inhibiting the activity of monoamine oxidase, thus preventing the breakdown of monoamine neurotransmitters and thereby increasing their availability.
{...}
MAO-A inhibition reduces the breakdown of primarily serotonin, epinephrine, and norepinephrine and thus has a higher risk of serotonin syndrome and/or a hypertensive crisis. Tyramine is broken down by MAO-A, therefore inhibiting its action may result in excessive build-up of it, so diet must be monitored for tyramine intake.
I was reminded of a SOTT Health and Wellness show on Tobacco, where Elliot mentioned tobacco as an anti-depressant and a monoamine oxidase inhibitor, and it occurred to me that this may be part of the reason tobacco has been considered a spiritual herb and an enhancer of psychic abilities as it would relatively increase the availability of the small amounts of DMT we produce. I've highlighted in red bold text for hilarity, MAOIs being used to replace the "evil" tobacco's ability to generate MAOIs. I am also reminded of Hancocks mention of the use of tobacco before taking DMT(the vine of souls)

Re: Black Magic, Shamanism, Supernatural, Graham Hancock

Hi to all,

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread so far. Recently(actually I started yesterday) I undertook a research about Monoamine Oxidase genes, since they are associated with violent behavior and they were mentioned in Ponerology section of the forum as a possible link to psychopathy. I find it interesting that they are located in the X chromosome, it is a sex linked inheritance like Lobaczewski mentioned for essential psychopaths.

On the other hand, as for other pathologies like schizoid and paranoid disorders or characteropathies, I look for additional information, so Psyche, your post is really interesting. I think I am going to check out if there is a genetic condition that causes diencephalon lesions or wrong wirings in that region.

Edit: BTW, I know characteropathy is a lesion that isn't from birth and it isn't genetic, but I thought it may be fun to check whether there is a genetic predisposition in certain cases.
Interesting about the MonoAmineOxidase, knowing that smokers upregulate MonoAmineOxidaseInhibiters (if I recall correctly) I wonder if there is some connection between anti-smokers and smokers on this level?

Has anyone read Hancock's latest work, America Before: The Key to Earth's Lost Civilization ?

He describes it in this interview on RT UK last year:

It sure sounds like it fits with what we've patched together over the years, including Clube's 'giant comet' ending a global 'high civilization' (or what was left of one) at the end of the last ice age.

Approaching Infinity wrote about it here and here. And there's a book review here. Oh, and there a Mind Matters radio show where it's discussed here.

I read it too. It was interesting, and much fits with the discussion on the forum. As for the writing itself, Hancock's writing is a bit long winded but it makes for easy speed reading.

Has anyone read Hancock's latest work, America Before: The Key to Earth's Lost Civilization ?

He describes it in this interview on RT UK last year:

It sure sounds like it fits with what we've patched together over the years, including Clube's 'giant comet' ending a global 'high civilization' (or what was left of one) at the end of the last ice age.
Yep. I quite enjoyed it. He pretty much sticks to the facts, and covers some really interesting material. I referenced it in a couple posts:

[edit: Oops, itellsya beat me to it! See his post for all the links]

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

[Do catch up Niall :-[]

It's great to see this 'go mainstream'. Things sure have been developed and expanded upon since the beginnings of this 'new cosmology' all those years ago!

Back
Top Bottom