Halloween costume ideas

agni

Dagobah Resident
Greetings everyone !

At work (corporate environment) we have Halloween costume contest. I was thinking about how to dress up with something fun but meaningful.

What I am thinking of is putting sheep costume with a custom t-shirt saying: "Wolves we trust!".

However, I am open to other suggestions and ideas.

But first, though I write it last... Would it be a good idea ?

Personally, I wouldn't wear a costume like that. Sounds like you are trying to entice others, or pointing out their own sheepish mentality. Their is also the context, what kind of office do you work in, are the people there open-minded or will you end up having to explain yourself to someone who may be offended by it? If it were a different context I wouldn't have as much of an issue, but these are the people you work with everyday. You don't want to create a situation where your strategic enclosure is at risk. If it were a house party with friends and acquaintances I wouldn't be as concerned, but office parties are a monster unto themselves in this respect.

What about a "V" Mask, complete w/ hat and cape? :D

Well, maybe not for an office party as Heimdallr suggested...

A friend of mine one year went as a stigmata. She basically just dressed up her hands with bandages and fake blood and that was it. Pretty cheap and effective! :)

Heh, The V costume is pretty good, and creepy, and fun/meaningful.

This year I went all out and am Ichigo Kurosaki from my favorite anime, Bleach. I'm just aiming at a fun, crazy costume that represents my inner desire to slay all things evil.

I would avoid doing anything especially thought-provoking at work, just because its work, and its not always strategic. Perhaps something a little less in your face...

Maybe there is nothing scarier then dressing like a businessman :P

mkrnhr said:

Or - since we know, of course, that women can be pathological too - shall we say "dressing like a business person". :lol: Either way, great idea!

I went one year as a wounded inner child. Basically dressed up in pajamas and carried a stuffed animal. I don't think that I did a very good job at it however - I didn't look particularly wounded... Most people didn't "get it" which was probably for the best.

Or - since we know, of course, that women can be pathological too - shall we say "dressing like a business person". Either way, great idea!

And you can add some fangs too :cool2:

you could put a frame around your neck to state that you're "Trapped in the Mirror"? I'm just throwing this out there of course.

I wanted to dress up for Halloween but I had no one to make my costume for me and I don't know how to sew myself, so I'm sad. I wanted to be Card Captor Sakura from the anime Card Captor Sakura. For those of you that don't know what she looks like, this is her:
12612.jpg

I tried looking for someone to make my costume but it was way over my budget so that didn't work out. Maybe next year!

This year, I'll just carve some pumkins and hand out candy to the little ones. Oh by the way if anyone is going extravegant with their pumkin designs, they should post it here or in the creative acts for people to check it out. I don't know what I'll design yet, something complicated if I have the time, we'll see ;)

Hello Everyone !

Just want to say, subject I was trying to portray is psychopathy.

Heimdallr said:
Personally, I wouldn't wear a costume like that. Sounds like you are trying to entice others, or pointing out their own sheepish mentality. Their is also the context, what kind of office do you work in, are the people there open-minded or will you end up having to explain yourself to someone who may be offended by it? If it were a different context I wouldn't have as much of an issue, but these are the people you work with everyday. You don't want to create a situation where your strategic enclosure is at risk. If it were a house party with friends and acquaintances I wouldn't be as concerned, but office parties are a monster unto themselves in this respect.

Correct. I am trying to entice others. I do not think I would be in trouble or would have to explain, but in reality I don't know. Have no idea what might happen. But isn't it the same in life ? Perhaps, I am not really considering putting strategic enclosure at risk. But you know, isn't it what Cassiopaea & Co girls & guys do in bringing such brave thought into this world ? They take their chances, why can't I take similar(?) chances ? Or am I trying to run, before I learn how to walk ?

May be I am determining needs of others, by trying to share message. Am I ? To be honest with you, I am not sure. :-[

RyanX said:
What about a "V" Mask, complete w/ hat and cape? :D

Well, maybe not for an office party as Heimdallr suggested...

Puck said:
Heh, The V costume is pretty good, and creepy, and fun/meaningful.

This year I went all out and am Ichigo Kurosaki from my favorite anime, Bleach. I'm just aiming at a fun, crazy costume that represents my inner desire to slay all things evil.

I would avoid doing anything especially thought-provoking at work, just because its work, and its not always strategic. Perhaps something a little less in your face...

It was actually was my other choice.

mkrnhr said:

1984 said:
Or - since we know, of course, that women can be pathological too - shall we say "dressing like a business person". Either way, great idea!

Lúthien said:
And you can add some fangs too :cool2:

Then I can stuff my pockets with snakes, this way I would be "Snakes in the suit".

yeah Deedlet I know... I am such a copycat :)

Thank you all! Many things to think about, so many things to learn !

Maybe the event passed already and my post isn't as relevant, but I am curious how the party went and what costume you chose. I also have to express my dislike for such events that mimic "bonding" between people. Actually the only reason that they exist(as you know already) is because the corporate world thinks that they will increase the productivity of the workers. Maybe they do, but it is sad that people "go on" wasting time on things that bring nothing to their inner development. And also Halloween is a cash cow for the companies that produce goods for it, as well as all the other holidays. I know this is off topic, but I always got so upset when people "gave away" things just because it was Christmas, or did something with their wife just because it is Sf. Valentines. Every day is equal, and it is an opportunity to offer love and help others.

However there is another category of people that aren't interested in these things, but don't confuse them for the ones that see the shallowness of this event. They are the ones that don't care about anything, and they are completely empty in their soul. They live their live simply to eat, sleep and to breed.

So I am sorry Agni that had to go to a this Halloween party.... and now you will have to endure the upcoming Christmas Party...

AngEviL said:
Maybe the event passed already and my post isn't as relevant, but I am curious how the party went and what costume you chose. I also have to express my dislike for such events that mimic "bonding" between people. Actually the only reason that they exist(as you know already) is because the corporate world thinks that they will increase the productivity of the workers. Maybe they do, but it is sad that people "go on" wasting time on things that bring nothing to their inner development. And also Halloween is a cash cow for the companies that produce goods for it, as well as all the other holidays. I know this is off topic, but I always got so upset when people "gave away" things just because it was Christmas, or did something with their wife just because it is Sf. Valentines. Every day is equal, and it is an opportunity to offer love and help others.

However there is another category of people that aren't interested in these things, but don't confuse them for the ones that see the shallowness of this event. They are the ones that don't care about anything, and they are completely empty in their soul. They live their live simply to eat, sleep and to breed.

So I am sorry Agni that had to go to a this Halloween party.... and now you will have to endure the upcoming Christmas Party...

Actually, the "shallowness" of events such as these provide a lot of opportunities for one to advance their social skills, which are needed in the Work. You seem to be judging these events as below you, or maybe that you are too good to go and have a good time every once in a while. I can only imagine how stunted your social skills must be, if you avoid interaction with others and hold other people in such contempt for - gasp - going to a party!!! How dare they!!

What you fail to understand is that by judging others so harshly, what you are really doing is showing your lack of understanding of many concepts of the work, mainly external consideration. The entire post you wrote is all about you, it's purely internal consideration. Their is nothing at all wrong with going out to a costume party for Halloween, or spending time with loved ones on Christmas or Valentine's Day. We all like to get gifts and feel special. It's the few times a year where we can show each other, through gifts, how much we all care about each other. Their is also the Christmas dinner that can be expressive of that.

Your post above strikes me as a cold, unemotional reaction to people and their desires to take some time to have a little fun. I don't see anything wrong with people doing that, in fact I think it's entirely necessary for people to occasionally "let their hair down" and do something for themselves. Their isn't anything "unpure" about that. Besides, all work and no play make Jack a dull boy.

You should also read this thread which might give you a different perspective on Christmas and other celebrations which you judge as shallow and meaningless.

[quote author=Heimdallr]

Actually, the "shallowness" of events such as these provide a lot of opportunities for one to advance their social skills, which are needed in the Work. You seem to be judging these events as below you, or maybe that you are too good to go and have a good time every once in a while. I can only imagine how stunted your social skills must be, if you avoid interaction with others and hold other people in such contempt for - gasp - going to a party!!! How dare they!!

What you fail to understand is that by judging others so harshly, what you are really doing is showing your lack of understanding of many concepts of the work, mainly external consideration. The entire post you wrote is all about you, it's purely internal consideration. Their is nothing at all wrong with going out to a costume party for Halloween, or spending time with loved ones on Christmas or Valentine's Day. We all like to get gifts and feel special. It's the few times a year where we can show each other, through gifts, how much we all care about each other. Their is also the Christmas dinner that can be expressive of that.

Your post above strikes me as a cold, unemotional reaction to people and their desires to take some time to have a little fun. I don't see anything wrong with people doing that, in fact I think it's entirely necessary for people to occasionally "let their hair down" and do something for themselves. Their isn't anything "unpure" about that. Besides, all work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
[/quote]

I do understand how the common humans go to these parties, and the reason I am writing these things is because this forum is supposed to be at a “higher level”(please read until the end, I can imagine the eyebrows raised). There is more to be said about this, but right now I referred to these events being celebrated those exact days every year. What I mean is that in reality any day is like the other. If you want to do good, if you want to have fun with your friends, any day is just like the other to do those things. Lúthien I saw the thread and you’re right that there are cosmic energies that are powerful at certain times, and what Laura said is true: “In many cultures, customs practiced at Christmas actually go back to pre-Christian times and involve divination: the re-starting of Time and laying the template for the future.” But people today aren’t using those energies, so the celebrations have become shallow and meaningless.
It could be different, but the world is in the awful state it is today, and by each passing year these celebrations mean less and less. The people do it because of conformity and because they follow the rules of society blindly, never thinking about their actions. I gave stuff away more times, but it was never on Christmas and most of the time not even on those people’s birthdays. I just appreciated others and did something for them regardless of the day. I understand why society is like this, but it doesn’t mean that it is right, so I point out the facts. People should not do stuff just because it is a holiday, they should do it any time. And then you would say “Well I do it on the holidays, but also many other times too, when it’s not a holiday !”. This is exactly the point, as everything should be done in a way it makes sense. There are no grey areas here, as the original purpose of all the celebrations lost its meaning so at this point is has become irrelevant.
You are right that I don’t go out, but I don’t blame you if you do. The reason why I don’t is because the other people don’t see the world as it is, they don’t recognize the issues no matter how hard you would try. They would judge things they don’t understand, and certainly you can’t offer me the argument that I judge too, because they have no idea that a 747 struck the pentagon, they have never stop to think about the timeless aspect of the universe.

I’ll put it another way. I would go out with people that recognize how meaningless going out is. This sound like a contradiction, but it’s not exactly that. It is the aspect of going it people that “think”, and with people that don’t think of you silly if you say everything what is on your mind. And just like with the holidays where a person shouldn’t do something in certain days, people should be open to each other at all times. I find it right to say all truth, everything about you instantly, immediately, the first time you meet them. But you can’t do that because they would judge you because they have a very low level of understanding. This is how the world should be, where you can tell everything to anybody without any fear of being labeled in a way or another, without being judged because of some belief. You could tell me that you murdered somebody and I wouldn’t judge you. Can you tell that you murdered somebody to anybody on the street ? Of course not. Even if you say something very personal to somebody you barely now, they would look at you funny and reply “You are too personal to me. We barely know each other. Why are you talking to me ?”. It shouldn’t be like that, and everybody should be open-minded to anything. But it isn’t, so those people and their activates are shallow because they, the ones doing it are like that.

And imagine another scenario. Somebody comes to you and asks “are you having fun ?”. and you say “I’ve been analyzing how that guy tries to get into that girls pants, but I know he’s an asshole and it would be just a one-night stand for him”. And then he or she replies “Come on, forget about, relax, let’s have some fun !”. However, at that point the other person is oblivious to one of the main evils in the world: deception, and they want to have fun, but ignore what makes the human population go downhill. You may judge me, but I say things as they are and if somebody is lying and manipulative, then I say so, no matter the setting. And at these parties, these “events” it is where people establish a “hierarchy” between one another, from the big to the small fishes. But everything is completely out of place, based on things that are actually the opposite of coming to know the real “I”. They deceive, lie about themselves, make themselves look good, control what they speak about themselves, are careful not to be to “outside” or norm, associate themselves with the “popular” or the “powerful” and many similar things.

AngEviL said:
I do understand how the common humans go to these parties, and the reason I am writing these things is because this forum is supposed to be at a “higher level”(please read until the end, I can imagine the eyebrows raised).

No - eyebrows aren't raising - eyes are rolling, :rolleyes: , because at this point, this is getting rather boring.

ae said:
There is more to be said about this, but right now I referred to these events being celebrated those exact days every year. What I mean is that in reality any day is like the other. If you want to do good, if you want to have fun with your friends, any day is just like the other to do those things. Lúthien I saw the thread and you’re right that there are cosmic energies that are powerful at certain times, and what Laura said is true: “In many cultures, customs practiced at Christmas actually go back to pre-Christian times and involve divination: the re-starting of Time and laying the template for the future.” But people today aren’t using those energies, so the celebrations have become shallow and meaningless.

Your life is a reflection of who you are.

qe said:
It could be different, but the world is in the awful state it is today, and by each passing year these celebrations mean less and less.

ae said:
The people do it because of conformity and because they follow the rules of society blindly, never thinking about their actions.

Assumption on your part, and if that is all you can See - then it's another example of the truth that your life is a reflection of who you are.

ae said:
I gave stuff away more times, but it was never on Christmas and most of the time not even on those people’s birthdays. I just appreciated others and did something for them regardless of the day.

Billions of people do the same.

ae said:
I understand why society is like this, but it doesn’t mean that it is right, so I point out the facts.

Unfortuntely, that's not true. You don't point out the facts. You point out your skewed perceptions of reality that may or may not coincide with certain facts. It is becoming rather apparent that they do not coincide with the facts an alarming percentage of the time.

ae said:
People should not do stuff just because it is a holiday, they should do it any time.

Billions of people do.

ae said:
And then you would say “Well I do it on the holidays, but also many other times too, when it’s not a holiday !”. This is exactly the point, as everything should be done in a way it makes sense. There are no grey areas here, as the original purpose of all the celebrations lost its meaning so at this point is has become irrelevant.

ae said:
You are right that I don’t go out, but I don’t blame you if you do.

This is disingenuous. You obviously do blame others for being 'common humans' - you are out of touch with reality, but more importantly, and more alarmingly, out of touch with yourself and your own humanity.

ae said:
The reason why I don’t is because the other people don’t see the world as it is, they don’t recognize the issues no matter how hard you would try.

You do not see the world as it is. You see the world through your own skewed perception that does not reflect Reality.

ae said:
They would judge things they don’t understand, and certainly you can’t offer me the argument that I judge too, because they have no idea that a 747 struck the pentagon, they have never stop to think about the timeless aspect of the universe.

These are enormous assumptions on your part. It must be very painful to be locked in such a mental prison as the one you have created with your skewed perceptions of the world.

ae said:
I’ll put it another way. ... ~removed more rambling 'shoulds' based on a skewed perception of Reality~~

ae said:
You may judge me, but I say things as they are and if somebody is lying and manipulative, then I say so, no matter the setting.

Okay, at this point, it is obvious that you really have no clue. That is okay, you can learn, if you put in the effort and actually want to. Please finish reading the Wave, look up the term 'external consideration' on the cassiopaea glossary and the term 'strategic enclosure' and see if you can apply those definitions to your own actions to understand where you are going astray.

Right now, you are so lost in your own skewed perceptions of Reality and yourself that it is impossible to discuss things with you. We are using different dictionaries, as they say. So - please read - get up to speed and I look forward to you joining the conversation once you've gained a bit of knowledge that helps you get out of your own way. As intelligent as you are, I'm sure it won't take long.

Back
Top Bottom