Has anyone read Rampa?

Hello SlavaOn.

(...) an English person who claimed that he was hosting a high Tibetian lama called Tuesday Lobsang Rampa, after falling from a tree. Several years ago I have read all his books but would not have been able to judge if what he was saying was true or false. It was a fascinating read...
Well, if you had taken a few minutes to search for it on the forum (upper right), you would have found this transcript (1995, January the 5th) :

Laura & the Cs said:
Q: (L) Now, getting back to the idea of walk-ins, this is an idea that Ruth Montgomery promulgated, does this ever happen?

A: Rarely.

Q: (L) What about the case of the individual known as Lobsang Rampa? Was Lobsang Rampa a walk-in?

A: No.

Q: (L) What was the source of the material Lobsang wrote about in his books?

A: An active imagination.

Q: (L) So, Lobsang's books were basically his imagination and were not channeled in any way?

A: Open.

Q: (L) Is there a possibility that he channeled some of that information?

A: Yes.
So, at least he probably lied about being a walk-in !

BTW, there is already a thread on this subject...

A comment by Laura from this thread :
I agree. I read the Rampa books and really loved them. Even though I now know they were "fantasy," I still think they were great stories and who knows? Maybe the guy did tap into something in his creative efforts and there are bits and pieces of truth there?

I had always the impression that Rampa was an invention, someone who does not exist at all. A creation to sell books. Me too I read his books and I had fun to read them but then I stopped. But as Laura said, something in his stories was fascinating, and for the first time I hear about Tibet.

I read his works several years ago and they were definitely appealing but as I read through them I realized that most of what I was reading was sort of re-hashed, re-worded concepts from several literary/theological works that you can easily find if you go searching. Like most of the worlds ideology surrounding "spirituality", the work is heavily elusive and cryptic, and this, to me, just indicates that the writer may have been aware of some things, or assumed that some things were true, but they did not have the full picture. It was only reading through the C's transcripts and the Law of One where I truly began to shed my preconceived distortions in regards to spirit and our ability as humans. The difference between the 6th density channeling and the work of a human is very noticeable once you hit a certain level in my opinion. Nothing gives you blunt and direct context that either of these channeling's will, and there is no emotion involved, whereas with Lobsang Rampa there are the same themes as you would get in the channeling (albeit, very watered down), but a lot of emotion that pulls the reader in to a world of fantasy, which is unfortunately not the world we live in.

LOBSANG RAMPA & ARGENTINA.

I was in high school and very often I went through a bookstore and admired the publicity and the amount of books arranged in a pyramid of a novel with a very suggestive title: "The third eye", and the name of its author lobsang ramp was very sui generis until once, out of curiosity, I went to the bookstore and started to look through the book, there I learned what a "Best Seller" was.
What caught my attention was that they published it in Argentina, so I thought about the amount of rare and interesting books that could be acquired in Argentina and that with these books Argentines should be informed of many interesting books and have access to a great literary culture thanks to its editors.

A few years after having read and enjoyed several books by Lobsang Rampa and others who distributed the Argentinean publishers in Mexico, I learned about the great political problems that Argentina was going through until it culminated in a Coup d'état and this caused me great disappointment.
I thought: the interesting books that are supposed to serve to begin to acquire consciousness, in real life are useless if you can not avoid the coup plotters, beasts disguised as human beings, global coup that also hit Chile, and now, in 2018, the beasts are doing in Nicaragua and are about to hit Argentina and Chile again for the matter of wanting to appropriate PATAGONIA.

About Mexico there is also much to say or clarify but they are the same beasts that move around the world.

Back
Top Bottom