Heatwave with a global grip

With regard to the Northeast Heatwave here in New England, for the last two days I was visiting my daughter who lives near the coastline (but not on the coast). On Tuesday, my grandaughter, who is 8 and I (age too high!!!) decided to go out in the morning around 10:30 and have a little fun playing. We were in the shade. But after about 15-20 minutes of play, we decided it was too humid and hot to continue. We went inside the house and my daughter felt my grandaughter's forehead. She was sweaty and hot, as I was. Daughter decided to take our temperatures. We were both at 100 degrees! Cool drinks, and played a board game. The house is air conditioned and we both had goosebumps for a while. Unknown to us, the air temperature outside was registering 101F.

So on Wednesday, we went for an early walk - by a pond and stayed in the woods. Even at that early hour, we only lasted for about 45 minutes. The humidity is outrageous (to me) and I have no issues with my lungs.

I love the outdoors and walk almost every day, anywhere from 2-4 miles depending if I am alone or with a friend. But this heatwave won't allow walks of any length for me.

The weather for this afternoon (Thursday) shows rain. But I don't know how much of it will hit the ground as it is still so hot/humid I think the rain will evaporate before it even hits land!

But I don't know how much of it will hit the ground as it is still so hot/humid I think the rain will evaporate before it even hits land!
Experienced this once, ~1989 in Honduras. Torrential downpour (with lightning) that never made it to ground. After the clouds passed over the humidity spiked. Most unpleasant.

Has been hot here too but not consistently so. Sat. the 23rd looks like it's going to be crispy...

Back
Top Bottom