Helichrysum Italicum - a truly essential oil

So, I gather that this oil is only ever applied topically? Never taken internally?

Laura said:
So, I gather that this oil is only ever applied topically? Never taken internally?

One can take it internally for hepatic disorders, otherwise it is generally applied topically.

Cleo said:
Thank you Adaryn as well for sharing the above info about this essential oil!

About a week or so ago my eczema really started to flare up on my hands. It started to spread throughout my left hand and then onto my right. I use to get eczema flare-ups when I was younger, something that has stuck with me. Recently after trying a few other things, I started to put Bag Balm on it which I found out is a no go in my case. It appeared to be spreading. I've been reading more today about the ingredients of Bag Balm, one thing I didn't do is read more about the ingredients!

Within the last week I have instead been putting a drop or two of Helichrysum Italicum essential oil on my hands where the eczema is, as well as organic virgin coconut oil. I have noticed a major improvement since doing this. I plan to start diluting it like is mentioned in the article (I was putting the drop directly onto the skin). I've also been watching my diet to see if it what I'm eating is aggravating it. I think it all around points to a leaky gut issue in my case.

For eczema, essential oil of broadleaved lavender (Lavandula latifolia) applied directly on the skin is generally advised.

Laura said:

In the Dictionnaire mentioned in my previous post, Dr Zahalka's suggestions are as follows:

- oral use: possible, under medical advice - 1 drop 3 times/day during 7 days

But he states that the most optimal use is topical application.

General topical use: 1 drop 3 times/day (preferably) diluted in a pure, virgin organic vegetable oil (coconut or macadamia, for i.e.)

This oil is mentioned as a must-have because of its remarkable and very fast action on bruises (much more powerful than arnica)

More specific uses (topical):

- Bruises, contusions, sprains: a few drops directly on the skin, massage deeply and repeatedly
For an efficient mix: 20 drops Helich EO + 20 drops lavander E.O. in a teaspoon of St John's wort vegetable oil

- Varicosities, Raynaud's syndrome (cold hands and feet): 7 drops Helich EO + 10 drops Rosmarinus officinalis cineole EO + 7 drops lavandula abrialis in 1 tablespoon of St John's wort vegetable oil

- Sprain: 3 drops Helich. EO + 3 drops peppermint EO + 3 drops wintergreen EO, massage several times/day

- Phlebitis (on top of a regular medical treatment): 10 drops Helich. EO + 10 drops Eucalyptus citriodora + 20 drops Basil EO in 1 tblspoon macadamia vgtable oil

- Arthritis: 2 drops Helich. EO + 2 drops Eucalyptus citriodora EO, apply topically 2 times a day

These are general guidelines, it may seem overhwhelming/pricey at first (his recipes often include at least 3 or 4 types of E.O), but as you generally don't need much - a few drops for every application, and only for a few days or weeks at the max - a 10 ml EO bottle will generally last several months or more (for one person).

Adaryn said:
When buying Ess. oils for therapeutic uses (and not merely as a room perfume), it's really important to buy either from a regular pharmacy, or from a renowned organic/aromatherapy shop. The oil's chemotype MUST be mentioned on the bottle. Fanciful labels such as "100% pure and natural" are not official labels, they don't mean anything and don't guarantee that the oil is actually pure and has not been mixed with some adulterated or artificial substance.

Depending on the labs making the oils, the bottles will have either one of those labels:

- E.O.B.B.D guaranteed (known as H.E.B.B.D in French), or "essential oils botanically and biochemically defined".
See: _https://www.beyoungth.com/purest-essential-oils/
"The E.O.B.B.D guaranteed known as H.E.B.B.D in France is one of only two recognized global standards for properly evaluating quality and content, and the only protocol to determine the therapeutic benefit of an essential oil. If you are enticed into believing that another brand of essential oils is suitable to benefit your body, you should know that, unless it is and has gone through the 14 steps required by the E.O.B.B.D standard, it has not been evaluated beyond the scope of its suitability as a perfume additive".

Thanks for this info. Will keep the above in mind when I shop for another bottle of Helichrysum Italicum oil, which will be pretty soon now as I only have a little left.

Maat said:
For eczema, essential oil of broadleaved lavender (Lavandula latifolia) applied directly on the skin is generally advised.

Lavender does really seem to help. The type I've been using is Lavandula angustifolia. Plan to look up more about the difference between the two types. I've been alternating between the lavender and the Helichrysum Italicum oil for my eczema. With the lavender I place a drop or two on my skin and then apply the virgin coconut oil. I've also been mixing the lavender into the virgin coconut oil and then applying. Slowly developing more of an interest in essential oils it seems..now after experiencing such a turn around applying the helichrysum essential oil.

I was using DMSO + comfrey root to relieve the pain from a toe inflammation. It worked, at least the toe recovered its normal silhouette from its sausage-like inflammation overnight. The problem was that the DMSO comfrey combination burned my skin. It was almost as if the inflammation got exteriorized through the skin.

I bought this essential oil back then when it was discussed and it was very helpful to relieve the pain from the skin inflammation. It worked overnight as well. Very relieving and soothing! I'm glad I had it on stock.

Now the inflammation on my toe is down to a 20% of what it used to be. Yesterday I took the painkiller metamizol and I've been doing FIR light + saunas to heal the toe's joint. It is working good.

Fwiw.

My husband was recently in the hospital for a bad skin infection that turned into cellulitis and I want to use essential oils on him to help recover from radical IV antibiotics they used. he is on warfarin for afib though and I am thinking this may not be a good choice since it is also a blood thinner. I would like some opinions on what might be best to use in this situation.
He takes a lot of prescription meds and I cant find any charts on what oils may be contraindicated by which medications.
I want to help but I don't want to make things worse through ignorance.
He has until recently been very resistant to alternatives to what his docs tell him and is now coming around to considering alternatives.
I love him want to approach this with caution and in the right direction.
I am getting a reiki attunement this week so I can approach things from that angle as well.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find this information please?
Thank you. I am so grateful for this network to ask these questions of.

Laurelayn said:
My husband was recently in the hospital for a bad skin infection that turned into cellulitis and I want to use essential oils on him to help recover from radical IV antibiotics they used. he is on warfarin for afib though and I am thinking this may not be a good choice since it is also a blood thinner. I would like some opinions on what might be best to use in

I would use Helichrysum Italicum topicaly. Also, in another thread, somebody quoted the experience of "Storm Clouds Gathering":

https://youtu.be/Dy85bNje-Wo

Here is his post about it:

How to fight chronic staph infections of the skin when antibiotics stop working
http://stormcloudsgathering.com/how-to-stop-chronic-mrsa/

It will not hurt to try. Hope he gets better!

I was reading about essential oils, and it seems Helichrysum Italicum is another EO to add to any natural health kit, along with lavander, tea tree, ravensara and frankincense oils. It seems to have many, many benefits, not the least of which is it's a super blood thinner / anticoagulant thus can be used to help prevent – and as a complementary, external-use treatment against – blood clots. It's also supposed to be very powerful against joint/muscle pain, bruises and injuries.

I started using helichrysum italicum EO a few days ago for varicosities. I blend it with lemon, cyprus and frankincense amongst others. I have also started applying cold compresses, using French clay, distilled water, HI and other EOs. It feels really soothing. Apparently, EOs work well together with French clay.

I think I was a bit too enthusiastic and used too much, because I am detoxing (even though I take iodine on a regular basis). But I understand this can happen using EOs and clay anyway. So, sensitive types may wish to start with only one or two drops of HI and other EOs and test their reaction first.

I intend to use this blend for quite some time, so I will make sure that I alternate between different oils, otherwise there is a risk of toxicity I believe. I will post updates in this thread. I just love this stuff. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom