Help on Topic Subscription

Notifications not working

Starting sometime on Friday, I stopped receiving e-mail forum notifications of new posts in all subscribed topics. Other than this, my e-mail seems to be working fine (Windows 7 - Outlook). I don't see anything in my profile that has changed or any overt cause for this. So I'm not sure where to look - Junk folder has only what it should. Either the notifications are not sent OR they are disappearing somewhere.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks much

Re: Notifications not working

I've also had times where I wouldn't get the email notifications for new posts. Only when I'd go back and check on the forum I would see that there were missed posts. After catching up on the thread then I would start receiving them again. For me it has been sort of random. I would get notifications for some but not for others. So what I do now is take a browse through 'view the most recent posts' everyday to keep up to date.

fabric said:
I've also had times where I wouldn't get the email notifications for new posts. Only when I'd go back and check on the forum I would see that there were missed posts. After catching up on the thread then I would start receiving them again. For me it has been sort of random. I would get notifications for some but not for others. So what I do now is take a browse through 'view the most recent posts' everyday to keep up to date.

I've noticed that too fabric - but now I get absolutely no notifications even though I check the thread and see that I'm still subscribed. I'm subscribed to many threads, but as of last Fri, I have received no notifications. I do keep the "view the most recent posts" page up to catch any missed posts - and right now, it is the only notification I can get - very strange - almost as if my ISP is filtering my e-mail.

LQB said:
fabric said:

I've noticed that too fabric - but now I get absolutely no notifications even though I check the thread and see that I'm still subscribed. I'm subscribed to many threads, but as of last Fri, I have received no notifications. I do keep the "view the most recent posts" page up to catch any missed posts - and right now, it is the only notification I can get - very strange - almost as if my ISP is filtering my e-mail.

It looks like I'm experiencing the same problem as LQB.

The standard notification email does say that "more replies might have been posted" but notifications are only sent for the first new post. But I log in a couple of times per day and having checked the "unread posts since last visit" section just now, there are clearly replies to threads I posted in before, which were added after my morning forum check today - and I haven't received any notification. In fact, I haven't received any forum notifications last weekend either and I haven't changed any settings.

So yeah, :huh:

Whops, due to my phone being slooooooooow my junk folder took forever to update. So what I thought were recent junk emails turned out be old ones. Attention to detail is clearly a skill I need to work on more :whistle:

Long story short, the forum emails suddenly started to go to my junk folder for some reason.

My mystery is solved but LQB said their junk folder has been checked (presumably more thoroughly than mine) and the forum emails are still nowhere to be found. So :huh:

I've just checked my Removed Items folder to be sure of the dates and found that I still receive notifications unhindered, lastly on Saturday 6 January and before that on Thursday 4 January and Monday January first. So, the notification system as such seems not to have been compromised as far as I can tell.

Ant22 said:
My mystery is solved but LQB said their junk folder has been checked (presumably more thoroughly than mine) and the forum emails are still nowhere to be found. So :huh:

Yes, they are not going to junk - just not appearing anywhere ...

Palinurus said:
I've just checked my Removed Items folder to be sure of the dates and found that I still receive notifications unhindered, lastly on Saturday 6 January and before that on Thursday 4 January and Monday January first. So, the notification system as such seems not to have been compromised as far as I can tell.

Thanks for checking the dates Palinurus - last one for me was Fri (none since).

LQB said:
Palinurus said:

I've now reopened my mail program to find a notification for this specific post you've just answered me with. Notifications are definitely working just fine and the problem seems to be on your side. I've no idea what it could be, though. :(

Palinurus said:
LQB said:
Palinurus said:

I've now reopened my mail program to find a notification for this specific post you've just answered me with. Notifications are definitely working just fine and the problem seems to be on your side. I've no idea what it could be, though. :(

I just started receiving a couple of notifications (including this one) - thanks Palinurus. Really bizarre though ...

Everyone should start getting notifications again.

It turns out an e-mail account on our server was compromised, which meant "we" were sending thousands of spam e-mails for the past few weeks.

Thus, Hotmail, AOL, and sometimes Gmail blacklisted us.

That little glitch is now fixed, and we're using SendGrid to send forum mail now to ensure deliverability.

Seems to be working nicely so far!

Back
Top Bottom