Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

Re: Help with creating (and proofreadind) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

Turgon said:
Phew! The Sandy Hook Transcript is finished. I'll post it here and on the blogradio page as well.

Thanks so much Turgon.

Table updated.

Your welcome! :)

I can start on Episode # 6 tomorrow - might be a few week's before it's up though. Don't know how Herondancer managed to transcribe two already. There must be some sort of secret supermoderator power that's being kept hidden from the rest of the forum. ;D

Gandalf said:
Turgon said:
Phew! The Sandy Hook Transcript is finished. I'll post it here and on the blogradio page as well.

Thanks so much Turgon.

Table updated.

If it's not too much of an inconvenience, could you hyperlink those that are done in the table? Other than Turgon's post, I couldn't find the others that were done (as I may have missed them).

Turgon said:

I can start on Episode # 6 tomorrow - might be a few week's before it's up though. Don't know how Herondancer managed to transcribe two already. There must be some sort of secret supermoderator power that's being kept hidden from the rest of the forum. ;D

Maybe it is because of that:

herondancer said:
I've also found a nifty free transcribing program called Express Scribe here:

http://download.cnet.com/Express-Scribe/3000-2079_4-10060252.html

they'll bug you a bit to buy the full version, but for purposes here it works great!

Table updated

Turgon said:

Thanks, but not at all. I have a little more free time at the moment and I've been using a terrific transcribing program that Gandalf just re-posted. I liked it well enough to actually buy it for about $35 Aus. There's a lot of features not really needed for our purposes, but I wanted own it anyway. The best part is how much you can slow the dialogue down. Sometimes I had to run it at about 47%, but you could still understand the words. This was especially helpful in some of the more heated parts of the call-in portions of the show. And at about 75% speed, Judy actually sounded almost sane. :halo:

If anyone's planning to do a lot of work on the STR shows, it's definitely worth getting the free program.

Zadius Sky said:
Gandalf said:
Turgon said:

Thanks so much Turgon.

Table updated.

If it's not too much of an inconvenience, could you hyperlink those that are done in the table? Other than Turgon's post, I couldn't find the others that were done (as I may have missed them).

I have just added the links for those that have been posted directly on the forum. However I can not put the links for those that have been posted directly in the database of the translation group.

But as soon as they have been proofread, they will be available on SOTT.

herondancer said:
Turgon said:

Thanks, but not at all. I have a little more free time at the moment and I've been using a terrific transcribing program that Gandalf just re-posted. I liked it well enough to actually buy it for about $35 Aus. There's a lot of features not really needed for our purposes, but I wanted own it anyway. The best part is how much you can slow the dialogue down. Sometimes I had to run it at about 47%, but you could still understand the words. This was especially helpful in some of the more heated parts of the call-in portions of the show. And at about 75% speed, Judy actually sounded almost sane. :halo:

If anyone's planning to do a lot of work on the STR shows, it's definitely worth getting the free program.

So that's the secret! Just downloaded the program now and playing around with it at the moment. That minimization of speed will definitely make those heated discussion part's easier to transcribe. :)

The initial proofread of Show #1 - Sandy Hook is now done and posted to transop. If someone would like to take another look at it so they can start being posted, that would be great. The natives are getting restless!

I can start show 7 (Paleo) if no one else is doing it.

If nobody is doing it yet, I can start on show 10 (one of my favourites :) ), got a little more free time recently.

Carlise said:
If nobody is doing it yet, I can start on show 10 (one of my favourites :) ), got a little more free time recently.

Hi Carlise,

Go ahead with #10. I will put your name on the list.

Edited: Table updated

herondancer said:
The initial proofread of Show #1 - Sandy Hook is now done and posted to transop. If someone would like to take another look at it so they can start being posted, that would be great. The natives are getting restless!

I can start show 7 (Paleo) if no one else is doing it.

Hi herondancer,

Let me know if you choose to do so. I will add your name to the table. ;)

I would like to help with transcribing. I have at least a couple of hours each day to work on this. I will of course just need to know how to go about it, and I will download the transcribing program tonight.

Stoneboss said:
I would like to help with transcribing. I have at least a couple of hours each day to work on this. I will of course just need to know how to go about it, and I will download the transcribing program tonight.

Hi Stoneboss,

You can choose in that list which one that you would like to do.

When choosen, let me know.

However, if all shows have been taken, we also need proofreaders for the shows that have been transcribed. .

I looked at the list, and #9 is not taken yet. I am going to use herondancer's program link to assist with the task. It seems like money well worth spent considering the speed change abilities beyond the SOTT shows(important lectures linked on SOTT and the forum). If no one else has taken it, I would like to take #9. Let me know if this is ok. Thanks!

Edit- I have much more time as of late due to decrease in professional workload, so I'd like to DO something.

QuantumLogic said:
I looked at the list, and #9 is not taken yet. I am going to use herondancer's program link to assist with the task. It seems like money well worth spent considering the speed change abilities beyond the SOTT shows(important lectures linked on SOTT and the forum). If no one else has taken it, I would like to take #9. Let me know if this is ok. Thanks!

Hi QuantumLogic,

Go ahead with #9. It is yours. :thup:

Table updated

Back
Top Bottom