Honey Effective In Killing Bacteria That Cause Chronic Sinusitis

AnitaMorrow said:
Hi Nienna
This post of yours came up in Google as I was searching for more info on treating chronic sinusitis with Manuka honey irrigations. I have also contacted Dr. Talal Alandejani who was is a wonderful man and wrote back with the exact dosages necessary to do the irrigations.
I have started this type of treatment about 2 weeks ago and have already seen a 35% improvement! I know yours is and older post but I'm hoping from the bottom of my heart that you will reply and that we can connect live (by phone) for a few minutes as I am at the end of my wits! I have good days and days when I'm very depressed! I've been plagued by the same exact symptoms you are describing in your posts for about year and sometimes I just feel like giving up! <crying as writing>
Would you please, please talk to me? Can you please tell me if this helped you? What has cured you in the end?
With much gratitude,
Anita

edit: mod removed personal info for privacy reasons

Hi Anita,

I've removed your personal info for privacy reasons but have passed along your information. Hang in there. :)

AnitaMorrow said:
Hi Nienna
This post of yours came up in Google as I was searching for more info on treating chronic sinusitis with Manuka honey irrigations. I have also contacted Dr. Talal Alandejani who was is a wonderful man and wrote back with the exact dosages necessary to do the irrigations.
I have started this type of treatment about 2 weeks ago and have already seen a 35% improvement! I know yours is and older post but I'm hoping from the bottom of my heart that you will reply and that we can connect live (by phone) for a few minutes as I am at the end of my wits! I have good days and days when I'm very depressed! I've been plagued by the same exact symptoms you are describing in your posts for about year and sometimes I just feel like giving up! <crying as writing>
Would you please, please talk to me? Can you please tell me if this helped you? What has cured you in the end?
With much gratitude,
Anita

edit: mod removed personal info for privacy reasons

Hi Anita,

My problem may be a little more complicated than just sinuitis as I have a auto-immune disorder that has the sinuses as part of the problem and, after researching about my problem, I think that a bacteria biofilm is not my problem so am going in a different direction from the honey.

However, since you have contacted Dr. Alandejani, and have had such a good improvement, I would continue what you are doing and also do more research on the causes of your sinus problem.

For instance, I have changed my diet drastically. Have a look at our Diet and Health board. And, then, look at the UltraSimple Diet. By eliminating foods and then reintroducing them, I found several, okay, more like a LOT, of foods that I am sensitive to. And some of these made me create more mucous in my sinuses and my lungs. By eliminating these, I have cut back on the mucous production. There are also a lot of good threads in this section so take a look.

What you may want to do is try to remember what happened just before you started having the sinus problems. What did you come into contact with?

I found that by looking back at my history, that I had come into contact with a lot of dust, and who knows what else, from a roof on the building I worked in being replaced. I was one of the ones who had to clean up the stuff and immediately after this I got all plugged up. My nose and sinuses are loaded with polyps which is much of my problem and after reading some papers on this, I found that they have found fungi inside of the polyps of a lot of people that they have taken biopsies from. So this is the avenue I am going to take to treat my sinuses, but I have other things I need to do first, so I am still a work in process. But I am going to be treating myself with Nystatin, a fungal agent, in the future.

I'm sorry I cannot be anymore help to you than that. But from reading the thread again, I see that there have been some successes with the honey irrigations, and, as I said, if this is working for you, keep it up. I think that it is encouraging that you have had the success that you have with the honey. I would keep in contact with Dr. alandejani if this is possible. Or you could try to find a homeopathic doctor and see what they can do for you as Echo Blue did with her son.

Don't forget about the posts talking about repressed emotions, also. There is more to this than meets the eye.

Keep us updated on this. There are some very wise people on this forum that can help in any number of ways.

But there is always more research you can do if it seems to have come to a dead-end.

Hi Anita,

Here is a Cayce Reading about sinusitis. Maybe it will help you. As usual the reading is very specific to the person who was asking but it give food for thought.

1000-9
EC: Yes, we have the body, the enquiring mind, [1000] - this we have had before. In many respects we find the conditions are continually, or gradually, on the improve. There are, however, some conditions that bring disorders at the present time, due considerably to the character of, or the manner in which the manipulations have been given; for when these are for corrective measures without keeping the drainages proper in the system - and with a tendency for accumulation of drosses in a body (as in this), and with specific conditions arising through the mental attitudes builded by body also - then we have, as seen especially in the upper dorsal and the lower cervical regions, such conditions that make for - with the central nervous system, especially to the face, to the head - accumulations that make for effects created, especially in the present condition in the nasal cavity, as is seen by the abrasions or the breaking out on neck, head, face; the tendency of accumulations in throat, with prickly sensations in tonsil or in the regions thereabouts; tendency for accumulations of water or drosses from accumulations in the nasal cavities.
In the keeping of drainages, were the proper manipulations given these conditions would NOT have occurred. These have made for an infectious force as respecting these conditions, and while to meet the needs of the conditions we must consider the local condition as well as that producing it, the proper manipulations being given in some portions of system, the drainages in the upper portion - through the dorsal, upper dorsal and cervical - should be so that these pressures will be removed.
Then, apply locally - in nostril - for that tendency of soreness - the Yellow Oxide Ointment, small quantities.
We would use also an inhalant that would be made in this manner. This may be used in a spray, as well as inhaled in throat AND lungs. Make in this manner. Then, when ready to be used as a spray, add distilled water equal the amount that is put in spray:

Grain alcohol 85%...............4 ounces,
Eucalyptol.....................20 minims,
Benzosol.......................15 minims,
Rectified Oil of Turp...........5 minims,
Tincture of Benzoin.............5 minims,
Tolu in solution...............30 minims.

For the spray, take at least a teaspoonful and add a teaspoonful or two teaspoonsful - of distilled water; use in spray in throat and nostrils.
In the cleansing of the mouth, the teeth, and those conditions that have distorted the mental forces in body - use the Ipsab, WITH the RUB; that is, cleanse with the finger. They will need the use of this only occasionally, or the rinsing of the mouth with this.
Keep these up - that is, the general treatments over the system for the other conditions, and for this local condition that has arisen; setting up the drainages better. We will bring about normal forces. Ready for questions.
(Q) Is the submaxiliary gland affected?
(A) The nature of the condition in face, naturally, produces some inflammation to the submaxiliary - but with the correction of the pressures in the dorsal and cervical region, that removes pressure - with the application of local conditions, these will clarify themselves.
(Q) What causes gnawing pains in lower left jaw bone at times? and how can this be helped?
(A) Remove these pressures that exist, setting up drainages from the whole system - especially to this portion. The body has been fearful for the applications for conditions above the diaphragm, or through the head and neck, that would make for drainages in system - but if these are kept in accord we will find these conditions will be alleviated.
[...]

Hi Anita,

As Nienna Eluch mentioned, my son suffered for a solid five five years of sinus infections. He would be treated by antibiotics and get better for a short time but the infection ALWAYS came back. I should mention that this infection was almost from the time he was born until he was five years old. He also was born with Down's Syndrome.

When he was five, I came across information on homeopathy. Found a homeopath and he was treated. He did get worse before he got better - had a healing crisis for a very short time (herxheimer reaction) but it's been 21 years since, and he has NOT had another sinus infection. Luckily homeopathy worked for him. Keep in mind that everyone is different. Using homeopathy was very successful in this case. Just wanted to share this info with you.

Hope you do look into the Diet and Health info here on the forum that was mentioned in Nienna's post. It is filled with lots of information. Do keep us updated.

Nienna, Echo and Ecllipse

Thanks you so very much! I truly apprecite you taking the time to get back to me! I will look into all your reccommendations while continuing to do the honey irrigations. I will keep you all posted my dear lightworkers!

With regards to the homeopathic treatmen, can you remember the names of the remedies?

Hugs and love,
Anita

AnitaMorrow said:

Thanks you so very much! I truly apprecite you taking the time to get back to me! I will look into all your reccommendations while continuing to do the honey irrigations. I will keep you all posted my dear lightworkers!

With regards to the homeopathic treatmen, can you remember the names of the remedies?

Hugs and love,
Anita

Hi Anita,

The homeopathic remedy that was given to my son was only done after an initial two hour interview that consisted of many questions regarding his likes and dislikes of food, weather and health issues. He was treated with tuburculinum - a remedy that can only be dispensed by a licensed homeopath. Remedies are very individual and if you are interested, I'd suggest finding a qualified licensed homeopath to help. Lots of luck to you with your continuing search for better health. Never give up.

Echo Blue said:
AnitaMorrow said:

Hugs and love,
Anita

Hi Anita,

The homeopathic remedy that was given to my son was only done after an initial two hour interview that consisted of many questions regarding his likes and dislikes of food, weather and health issues. He was treated with tuburculinum - a remedy that can only be dispensed by a licensed homeopath. Remedies are very individual and if you are interested, I'd suggest finding a qualified licensed homeopath to help. Lots of luck to you with your continuing search for better health. Never give up.

What Echo Blue says here, Anita, is very true. Everyone is an individual so that what works for one may not work for another. I agree that trying to find a homeopath would be a big help. That way YOU are being looked at and the whole picture will be taken into account.

Good luck and we will be looking for your updates. :flowers:

Right know while i`m writing this post , i have a severe and very bad form of sinusitis. I have sinus problems when i was a kid but never bad as this time. I had problems with congested nose last 3 weeks, and i tried many ways to deal with it but it was getting worse. I made home steam inhalation of essential oils, but it was just a temporary relief. From yesterday evening i also have a very bad otitis on my left ear and it is very bad too. I constantly throw out very green mucus.I taked homeopatic Pulsatilla for otitis and i helped very much to reduce the pain. Today morning i went to doctor.
The doctor examined me today and sad that it is bacterial infection and prescribed me some antibiotic - Azithromycin. for 6 days , some natural oregano spray ( this is good one ) and prednizone 20mg for 15 days.
Based on what i know i think that antibiotic and natural wild oregano spray are solution for the bacterial infection but i really doubt about prednisone. I haven't tate any kind of medication , aspecially antibiotic for more then 15 years. Since i `m trying to adopt my diet more and more keto every day and i`m gluten free, i have a no health issue at all.
Now this came very suddenly and unexpected.
It happens just when i start using EE breathing program on regular basis,when i start to have a nice meditations at evening, when i decided to read as much as i can , fist all of Laura books and then continue to books from recommended list.
I dont know that to think. I cant do my regullar EE excersises due to congested sinuses. I dont know how to cleanse my sinuses. I tried with a neti pot few times but it is very unplesant, so it is not my favorite.
What you think about taking Azithromycin and prednisone. i still dont like to take prednisone. It will make havoc in my body.
Any suggestions ?

I can't answer your specific questions, but I kept having these problems as well, so I can relate what you are going through.

The only thing helping me was going on the Ketogenic diet. I didn't have any acute sinusitis when I started, but it hasn't come back, my sinuses, nose, everything is completely mucus free. The last thing I tried was a grapeseed oil spray that I used in conjunction with yoga (don't laugh, this was the only way to get my head free) ;) Well, I ran out of the spray when I went ketogenic, needless to say, I never bought a new one.

Fwiw, M.T.

Chronic sinus problems are invariably caused by fungi, so cortisone (prednisone) and antibiotics tend to make things worse. Some have fungal infections of this sort in the ketogenic diet, which gets better when some fermented foods (i.e. sauerkraut) are incorporated and/or green beans. Just a little something to feed good gut bacteria.

This has worked like a charm for some people with sinus problems:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,9796.msg89268.html#msg89268

To clear nasal congestion, postnasal drip, and mental and nervous symptoms: put a dot of nystatin powder on your index finger, hold one nostril and sniff gently. Repeat for the other nostril. The number of sniffs, inhales or snizzles can be gradually increased to 3 in a row up to three times a day, depending upon how well it is tolerated.

But there are alternative treatments, for instance the herbs quoted in this post:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,9796.msg89268.html#msg89268

Nystatin powder is available in websites such as fludan.com though.

My 2 cents!

Hi,
I use raw wild honey for a number of problems but when I have sinus problems nothing works better for me and family than oral doses of raw, unfiltered, organic apple cider vinegar. I take three tablespoons in about five tablespoons water at intervals throughout the day, making more as needed. I also take a prophylactic dose every morning to help balance pH in the body and am trying to cut down on coffee because it's probably canceling out whatever good the ACV does.

Back
Top Bottom