How do these birds fly?

OutSky

Jedi
My yesterday dream.

I’m next to a fountain, it is circular with 4 or 5 ft. of diameter. The place is weird and somewhat uncomfortable. There is a parrot and an owl nearby. The parrot is big, maybe 2 or 3 foot tall, but also is the owl. I’m trying to be unnoticeable as to not scare the birds for I suspect they are interested in drinking of that water in the well.

Then I see that the parrot goes close to the owl. Not only they are side by side but indeed both form a pair united almost like a single body. I tell that because the parrot is below a wing of the owl, even they nearly have the same height.

Then the owl embraces the parrot using one of his wings like an arm and lifts to air carrying the parrot while still holding the latter with his wing folded over the other bird. “Will the owl fly using only one wing?” I wonder. During the time I question that, the owl and the parrot already go far in the air. And yes, they fly using just one wing.

Some of you may be thinking that these characters, the parrot and the owl, are obvious personifications. The parrot, as the inner chatter —as earlier noticed— while the owl only could be the sts boss behind it. But I would say to this: maybe.

In the following day to this dream I found a surprise while reading a book that just seemed to me superbly synchronized to this dream. I'll quote for you what I found:
Gitta Mallaz, Talking with Angels, pg 72

— The wing is a mediator between matter and air. You are a human being; your arm is your wing. FIRST, LEARN TO EMBRACE — THEN YOU WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO FLY. There is no other way.

If you are interested in going beyond surface regarding the specific sign of this dream, —predator?— I brought in this post some that may do the Job. It is based on the channeling of Edgar Cayce, to which C's have already provided a feedback:
Session: October 20, 1994
Q: (L) What was the source of knowledge accessed by Edgar Cayce?
A: Well, he had a unique biochemical composition which allowed for easy opening and closing of his consciousness from outside sources without interference with his electromagnetic flow stream. It is a very unique and unusual situation. The first manifestation of this was when he asked for help. If he had not asked for help from a higher source, possibly his awareness of his abilities would never have come forth.

[...] the overall accuracy level and the overall intensity level were greater with Cayce.

Session: May 31, 1995
Q: (SV) Will the Cayce files help in this?
A: Cannot hurt.

Session: June 3, 1995
Q: (SV) Would Edgar Cayce’s material be a good place to start?
A: This is a good place to start, but it will take much “time” and effort.

Session: May 14, 1998
A: That would be long and complex. Best to refer to Cayce.

When reading Cayce's material, it may turn an exercise of patience and somewhat tiresome to me, but in this particular case his channeling is not so elusive. On the contrary, it is being deeply comprehensive, and many of its elements find place in the C’s material, though anyone could grasp the same meaning by another way.

In any case if you are in a hurry, you can just take a look on an earlier post of few words with a rough synthesis to the bellow passage, even though was only weeks later I was going to read, for first time, the piece onward.

Okay, then in the subsequent quotation I’ve done the sacrilege of pruning some good parts, also added bracket comments & bold. And, as last comment, probably I’m embroidering a little this introduction, but don't worry, next is a good and “rapid” journey.

Cayce’s channeling 364-7

[Lilith is told the first woman of Adam, and … an evil demon]

[...Who…] is Lilith? In the beginning, [...] the Sons of God, in that male and female were as one, with those abilities for those changes [...] In the changes that came from those things, as were of the projections of the abilities of those entities to project, this [Lilith] as a being came as the companion; and when there was that turning to the within, [...]as to make for the helpmeet [partner] of that as created by the first cause, or of the Creative Forces that brought into being that as was made, then — from out of self — was brought that as was to be the helpmeet not just companion of the body.

Hence the legend of the associations of the body during that period before there was brought into being the last of the creations [...] the first of that that was made, and a helpmeet to the body, that there might be no change in the relationship of the sons of God with those relationships of the sons and daughters of men.

In this then, also comes that as is held by many who have reached [...] understanding of how necessary, then, becomes the proper mating of those souls that may be the answers one to another of that that may bring, through that association, that companionship, into being that that may be the more helpful, more sustaining, more the well-rounded life or experience of those that are a portion one of another. Do not misinterpret, but knowing that all are of one — yet there are those divisions that make for a closer union, when there are the proper relationships brought about.

As an illustration, in this: [...] in the mineral kingdom those elements that are of the nature as to form a closer union one with another, and make as for compounds as make for elements that act more in unison with, or against, other forms of activity in the experience in the earth's environ, or the earth's force, as makes for those active forces in the elements that are about the earth. Such as we may find in those that make for the active forces in that of uranium, and that of ultramarine, and these make then for an element that becomes the more active force as with the abilities for the rates of emanation as may be thrown off from same.

So, as illustrated in the union, then, of —in the physical compounds— that as may vibrate, or make for emanations in the activities of their mental and spiritual, and material, or physical forces, as may make for a greater activity in this earth environ. Then [...] as is in an elemental, or compound, that makes for that as is seen in the material experience as to become an antipathy for other elements that are as equally necessary in the experience of man's environ as in the combination of gases as may produce whenever combined that called water [prima-matter], and its antipathy for the elements in combustion is easily seen or known in man's experience.

So in those unions of that in the elemental forces of creative energies that take on the form of man, either in that of man or woman, with its natural or elemental, see? elemental forces of its vibration, with the union of two that vibrate or respond to those vibrations in self, create for that ideal that becomes as that, in that created, in the form — [...] as to be one of the elemental bases from which life in its essence as an active principle in a material world, has its sources give off that which is ever good — unless abused, see?

So in that may there be basis for those forces, as has been, as is sought, thought, or attained by those who have, through the abilities of the vibrations, to make for a continued force in self as to meet, know, see, feel, understand, those sources from which such begets that of its kind, or as those that become as an antipathy for another, or as makes for those that makes for the variations in the tempering of the various elements, compounds, or the like; so, as is seen, these — then — the basis for those things as has been given here, there, in their various ways and manners, as to the companion of, and companions of, that that first able — through its projection of itself and its abilities in the creation — to bring about that that was either of its own making, or creation, or that given in the beginning to be the force through which there might be that that would bring ever blessings, good, right, and love, in even the physical or material world.

Session: February 22nd 2020

Q: (L) So some of these pendulum-type attractors can be good?
A: Essential in fact. One must choose.

Outsky,
My first thought was that of the parrot representing intellect and the owl is wisdom.
Oh yes, I agree with your first thought.

This specific dream seems to me a plain message of the subconscious, which I trust and am grateful. Moreover, dreams also use to be multilayered. Thus unfolding and even beyond these two elements, as can be seen, there are for example the relation between the ‘birds’; how they link our energy system; and in particular how they came to be and to where they go. The latter aspect was that one that I’ve focused all over the above paintings and quotations because I believe it also links to subjects at length seen in the forum and C’s sessions.

See, whilst aware how vulnerable uses to be this kind of ‘material’, I’ve much learned from clues given via dreams. It sounds essential no?!! After all we use to spend one third of our 3D incarnations in this ethereal universe.

Roberts, Jane; Seth

The ego is not present in dream reality. […] When you take your consciousness into the dream state, you will meet with various conditions, some you can manipulate, some you cannot. […] Some dream locations will be of your own making, and others will be strange to you because they belong to other dimensions of reality. […] The dreams experience is felt directly by the inner self. […] Dreams have their own actuality, they not only exist independent of the dreamer, but they also have tangible form, though not in the form of matter as you are familiar with it. […] The electrical reality of a dream is decoded in such a way that its effects are experienced not only by the brain, but to the farthest corners of the body. The experiences of dream long ago consciously forgotten, they are for always withheld as electrically encoded data inside of the cells of the physical organism […] The cells are they form around them. These modified signs electrically they form a counterpart to full experience and the pattern is then independent of physical reality.

Oh yes, I agree with your first thought.

This specific dream seems to me a plain message of the subconscious, which I trust and am grateful. Moreover, dreams also use to be multilayered. Thus unfolding and even beyond these two elements, as can be seen, there are for example the relation between the ‘birds’; how they link our energy system; and in particular how they came to be and to where they go. The latter aspect was that one that I’ve focused all over the above paintings and quotations because I believe it also links to subjects at length seen in the forum and C’s sessions.

See, whilst aware how vulnerable uses to be this kind of ‘material’, I’ve much learned from clues given via dreams. It sounds essential no?!! After all we use to spend one third of our 3D incarnations in this ethereal universe.
Ah I see. Thanks for that ‘teachable moment’ Outsky. 😀

About one week ago came up this another “flying-dream” (below italic letters). To give some easy interpretative volume to this signpost I should remark that at the time I was researching the 3 highest 3D aspects as well as the number "13," this number so appreciated by the STO Maya culture.

I pushed the up-button of the elevator. Some guy was going up too but not to the top as I was going to. I marked the 12th store, the last one of the building, while he marked some intermediary one. I think the guy was not along with me but into another elevator, or else we took the elevator at different times.

As usual in my dreams, in the one time the elevator left behind the middle stores it accelerated beyond measure. I felt the sensorial velocity in my whole body and feared it would not stop at the 12th store, but rather to continue upwards right through the roof. Such event had happened many occasions before, it was frightening. Thus, hopeless I pressed myself against the walls of the elevator as already waiting for the worst.

I don’t remember clearly now, but seems actually I was interested in that guy because before I saw him handling a neoprene suit for diving.

At last, the elevator stops and I breathe relieved. The automatic door opens and I stare outside. I’m on the open roof of the building. The sun shines the area. I walk in out there. I see maybe four or five diving suits laying on the floor, all stretched they are black and an obfuscating sunlight reflects at them as if they were wet.

February 25, 1995 session
Q: (BP) Were the Mayans an STS civilization?
A: No.

June 20, 1998 session
[...] Okay, what are we supposed to remember from January 17th. Obviously this is some deep memory of an extremely significant event.
A: Consult Maya.
Q: They had the 52 year cycles. Wonder what January 17th was.
(L) Anything else about January 17th?
A: Also 365 day cycles.

Of course these quotes are C's tips. For another example, can be noticed that a possible derivation from the word “moon” is “month. ” Now, Mayans were mostly intimate with the moon cycles, and also therefore their calendar. Thus their year had 13 lunar months amounting so to about 364 days. But then, at some tragic moment, our current civilization changed this to a solar year of 365 days with its 12 months & zodiac.

Last edited:
Abstract though interesting combination of symbols OutSky, would be interested to hear your interpretation.

Barring Sion / Alchemy, the Theia Impact comes to mind?

Abstract though interesting combination of symbols OutSky, would be interested to hear your interpretation.

Barring Sion / Alchemy, the Theia Impact comes to mind?

Oh, goodness. It’s a sensitive task to travel at length on one bias. But I’ll append brief comments since I made already, what seems to me, some eligible interpretation in that post; see? Maybe in due course I can come back with more.

Anyway, for sure I could go in depth and with well-sourced interpretative notes. For example, when I was into the mentioned research I found this same numeral stressed in the Matsya Purana. Over there we learn of 13 survivors of an entire race named as the Saihimkeya, also known as the lion-like Danavas. Now, I suppose that to the moment this may seem a subterranean remark, however as I can tell it does connect to the picture. On that said, in this right instant that I type these words came to me something told by the C’s. I’ll quote it:

18 July 2015 Session
A: […] Knowledge must be acquired via efforts so as to make proper connections and pathways in the brain.
Q: (L) Why is it so important to make connections and pathways in the brain?
A: That is, quite simply, building your receiver!!!

So, let’s just say that sorting from those words that were asked, “alchemy” & “moon impact” hit the matter —to “Theia impact” I would think to contemplate the C’s transcripts, and Sumerian Enuma Elish (7 tablets) on the implications of a cosmogonic Mars impact. Furthermore, it seems, the “13” is a key to understand the boundaries of our 3D illusion.

Also, I take the opportunity to clarify 3 dream-points. I first saw the cited man at the outside entrance of the building, I didn’t notice a sun while on the roof of the edifice, but instead a widespread stark light irradiating the place. And the word “obfuscating” in the final of the narration was intended to mean “glaring and blinding”.

About one week ago came up this another “flying-dream” (below italic letters). To give some easy interpretative volume to this signpost I should remark that at the time I was researching the 3 highest 3D aspects as well as the number "13," this number so appreciated by the STO Maya culture.
February 25, 1995 session
Q: (BP) Were the Mayans an STS civilization?
A: No.

June 20, 1998 session
[...] Okay, what are we supposed to remember from January 17th. Obviously this is some deep memory of an extremely significant event.
A: Consult Maya.
Q: They had the 52 year cycles. Wonder what January 17th was.
(L) Anything else about January 17th?
A: Also 365 day cycles.
Of course these quotes are C's tips. For another example, can be noticed that a possible derivation from the word “moon” is “month. ” Now, Mayans were mostly intimate with the moon cycles, and also therefore their calendar. Thus their year had 13 lunar months amounting so to about 364 days. But then, at some tragic moment, our current civilization changed this to a solar year of 365 days with its 12 months & zodiac.

To the sake of accuracy I’d like to mention that the concept of a year of 13 months —usually with 28 or 20 days— is told derived from ancient cultures such as the Maya Tzolkin. However, the scholars on that matter point several types and reckonings of Mayan calendars. Those, or at least the most known, I read years ago, and to me they seemed to increase in complexity. Indeed Cyrus Thomas, in his study of the Codice Troano, asserts that such complication was contrived by the Mayan priests to the end of confusing the common people. And that seems to continue even nowadays.

Anyway, even if we miscue some pearls, at the lowest we can find the basics. For example, in what concerns the Maya hieroglyphics for designating numerals, they indicate from 1 to 13 days per “week,” and doubtless several cycles of 13 repetitions. Moreover some of the Mayan codices has calendars telling a year with 18 months of 20 days plus 5 extra days, which is a makeup of year that repeats at each cycle of 52 (13x4) years. On this the interesting Velikovsky —chapter 8; 1965 ed.— associates that with the catastrophic cycle of the cometary Venus, which we can see also in the transcripts.

September 30, 1994

Q: (L) Was Velikovsky correct when he said Venus was on a 52 year orbit during a certain period in our history?
A: Close.
………..
Session 9th January 2005

Q: What is the most accurate book describing the events of the war between Atlantis and "Athens" and the subsequent catastrophe?
A: Velikovsky's interpretation of the plagues, though not Venus. For social constructs just observe the current state of the world.

We can get lost and they can seem crazy, but still dreams may not really lose reason and continuity as it looks like. On occasion, the only thing dreams lack is time, but this is a blessing.
From my Log of dreams, year 2016:

There I was at an edifice of my school —all unidentified in awake life— though I felt myself like from a distant place. Yet there I meet 2 folks; we have joy. Then I decided to take the elevator to the downstairs. Once on the ground level I face another elevator. This time is a different elevator, it has no walls and only a small platform for clutching a few peoples, I guess.

It’s a scary elevator, it does not seem safe. Its floorboard finishes into a rim with five sides like a pentagon. Near that perimetric edge, 5 marks draws the floor where each passenger is supposed to stay, and they also are pentagons. However I am alone and standing into the center of the elevator. It goes up. With anxiety and fear running into my stomach, I sense its ascension. I knew that, on the heights, the elevator would sway from one side to the other like it was attached to a flexible pole.

We, meaning, the elevator and I, arrive at the top. The dizzying wobble is unbearable. There is no place where to grab, there is nothing to avoid sleeping to the abyss. An oppressive emptiness flows out from my below abdomen like a need to be filled.

Sorry, right above where the dream writes “draws,” should be draw (like a paint); and where was written “sleeping” was meant slipping.

Logbook and an Arthurian tale

yesterday
Tonight my dreams are blanked. Nevertheless to tell something, I went to bed at midnight and unusually waked up —using an archaic form of the verb— at four (4) a.m. just clear of drowsiness. Then it was a struggle to go back to sleep, which only occurred at 6 of the morning. Now I should tell that a number of times in my life used to wake up at 3 a.m. So? Well, as we know, three is this realm, then what about four? No great worries —thus abstracting the recurrent horrors around us— disturbed me at that night. Yet, one thing missing in my chosen tasks, and oft a thought, it is that has been some time I don’t post in the forum, even that meantime, as I see, having many epiphanies, unveiled dreams, and surely, all linking the Work.

Likely so is time to present some of these in some thread. As usual resisting to open a new thread, instead I post here. Therefore, next it is a few thoughts stirred from my little insomnia.

Grateful I’m for so many answers, for all the help the universe has been granting. Yet so much still there is to learn. Somewhat uneasy I feel when watching our struggle sometimes so anxious to uncover the mysteries installed in myths, tales, reports, songs, arts, history, buildings, landscape, everywhere. And yet, I assume, that is the way that has to be. The connections, associations in our mind must be constructed step by step until you, us, finally ignite our being.

Next night
This good and long night of sleep was filled with weird dreams of which I only recall some glimpses. There was a lame man whose lacking left leg was replaced by a wooden piece, and still he chose to walk by a field of sticky mud where all of a sudden came a tornado over him. Nearby was me who hid myself —from the implacable red dust lifted by the winds— behind a corner of the street. But I was caught too and taken to another world somewhat familiar, somewhat weird, dangerous, confuse. Over there we —me and my company, a little girl— saw laid on the floor of an elevator, a thick book on how to deal with that strange place. As if not funny enough that, into the bargain its first paragraph warns that it should be read only into a specific level of the building —I think was the last story. We take the elevator... In that long dream, also a severe man was testing me for acting a play of theatre… and many other events occurred. Okay, let’s move on to the insights most already written yesterday.

It’s notable in this forum those asking for answers, and still little I know how to serve help without just right telling those perceptions that impacted my spirit till here, and as I feel them. Besides, hardly I have any skills for creating nice metaphors like did so many bards of our history. But I can, as I see, quote the speakers, i.e. the blessed poets as I use to do in my posts; as well I can point out linked and significant events. Let’s see.

So, have anyone noted how colors are imposed by the mass media to the people? How each decade, or so, is marked by one “fashion” colour or palette? I usually have noted that. In the last 90’s till many years of this 21st century, the compelled colour was grey. In the 70’s, vivid bright colors like blue, yellow, green, red, etc. Funny, yesterday I was rereading a piece of Cayce where he mentioned the frequency featuring colours like sounds. Then I remembered some squirrels —in my garden and perched on the tree where they use to walk— who respond to my talking raising up cutely their hands and arms in the air like if they could see and touch the sound produced by my words. I suspect they really can.
Eurovision contest 2023

By now, watching TV —though I don’t do it much— the imposition clearly is the magenta. For example, notice it overwhelming the entire Eurovision contest —below you can check it beyond its very poor songs. As well in a number of shows in the European TVs exhibiting programs, news, and competitions such as the “Giro di Italia” —a biker race even including a “propaganded” squad dressed in rose, the “Maglia Rosa”— we see the magenta permeating the clothing of the some spectators, presenters, sceneries, animations, and advertisements all the time. In the Eurovision the magenta and its shades, along with deep red and some blue aggressively flash in our eyes. Is needed more examples? Okay, also we could watch 2 final matches between Milan and Coegliano teams within flamboyant magenta stadiums —lower video. A rosy stroboscopic mind washing?
Giro di Italia 2023

Milan x Conegliano Italian Women's Volleyball League
2023-05-09 final
2nd match

So, how can we conciliate this artificial (?!) phenomenon with what we know? Remember, for certainty, that indeed we here are initiated in the mysteries if nothing else, via the Cassiopaeans. Thus we do have the power to connect the vistas beyond and better than the shallow sight of most people. We really have …and should do it.

Right. You know, a magenta likens to pinkish red or purplish red, i.e. a “rose” colour, which in turn then recall us the “rose,” a key symbol —though usually red— used by the Rosicrucians, who are a minor branch of the Illuminati. Now, remember, the C’s told us of the cross risen of this plant, the rose.
381px-Rosy_Cross.svg.png

Rosicrucian symbol, with usual red rose of 5 petals and cross with 4 trifurcate points

548px-Fludd_summum_bonum.jpg

Latin for “The Rose gives the bees honey.” This figure is found in the 1629 writings of the Rosicrucian Robert Fludd

And here we could bridge the rose —hopefully not stretching but rather including an encompassing feature— to other plants mentioned by the C’s, in particular, the trees. Now, under this same suit of cards, in an earlier post also we got trees pointed out via the “cryptic” images of Poussin to everyone.
March 7, 1995 Session

A: The message about slowing down. It is important because it is hard to see the veins in the leaves when the car is travelling too fast to see the trees clearly.
……………………

May 4, 1996 Session
A: Visits through trees, forests, leading to a perfectly square clearing...
……………………

August 15, 1998 Session
A: Look for answers, trees will lead you to it.
Q: (L) What literary source could I go to find the least distorted or corrupted information?

A: Trees.
……………………

September 19, 1998 Session
Q: One of here final remarks is: ‘I ponder some on just how to ‘study the trees.’ Can you comment?
A: Study them as you wish. It is all lessons.

Q: This is just a side comment, as much as I was hoping that the group effort would increase understanding via discussion, I am afraid that this will not be the case.
A: No need to hope. Those who will understand, will understand.

Okay, with these notices considered till here, at the end of these notes is a tale that with some key elements as I see. Maybe it also touches your mind and your soul. See, sometimes texts that yesterday were alien to us, tomorrow are akin to our knowledge.

The tale is one of the bests, while a short account, that I have found to day. The translation from Welsh to English by the scholar W. Skene seems fine except by a few gaps. Thus, therein I filled most of those lacunas, as well as next is some clarification for a few words/names left in Welsh. Starting from the easy ones: “Caer” means castle; Arthur is our famous king Arthur; “Gül-e-dig” is claimed a supreme epithet of the princess of “Loegria” —the dwelling of Arthur. Is not humorous gül in Turkish?

Moreover, the word Vevenir seems somewhat difficult, but driving along some logic we could suppose an Old Norse origin for it as uses to occur with many myths brought to Britain. Thus Vevenir might be an adaptation of Old Norse Vevanir, that is, “Holy place of the Vanir” — Vanir were ancient Norse gods. Otherwise, still considering Old Norse, Vevenir could also derive from vevene, which is “weave.” Thus Caer Vevene, i.e. “Castle of the Weave.”

Now, gwarchans typify some songs, and then we have the song Gwarchan of Maelderw, an adjunct and notable poem. But in a more literal sense, could be “a dropping dew of the bald oak.” For the intriguing remaining, at this point some conjectures can be done: Eurwys likens to a variation of Eurrwy using the suffix wys, thus “moving golden torque.”

And finally to the valley of Edrywy, this is also obscure. Nevertheless, regarding the root edryw, maybe a place with scents, smells which allow to increase the perceptions. Here is a quotation given by the scholar W. Owen using the variation edrywan:​
Ar gnawd y cygleu adneu ednain,
Ar edrywan gwan gwaew yn adain,
Ar edryvoz gwaed gwaezai gigvrain
Marçogynt veirw ai vilvrain.

“On a corps was beheld the flocking of birds, on the scent of the wound of the spear in the wing, on the sources of blood the ravens were calling out, the dead were riding on a thousand crows.”​

Also, the story involves folkloric Welsh personages such as Dylan, the son of the Wave and Gwydyon ap Don.

So, you endured reading this long preface, but know that our true pearl comes onwards. Yes, as have been saying the C’s:​
October 28, 1994 Session

Q: (L) Is patience the key?
A: Yes.

January 2, 1995 Session
Q: (L) Well, one thing he said to me was about something buried in my cellar. Is there, in fact, something buried in my cellar?
A: Discover.

Q: (L) How am I to discover it other than digging the whole cellar out?
A: Patience will pave path.

January 11, 1995 Session
Q: (L) Which way to go from where the hole is. How much deeper? I mean, I know you told us to keep on, but if we don’t find something pretty soon... I mean, how much can you dig? The whole cellar will disappear into this hole.
A: Patience pays.

November 4, 1995 Session
A: Search, don’t jump over vital subject matter!!! Patience!!! This is not a relay race!

February 24, 1996 Session
Q: (L) ……..I have a number of questions from people all over the world that I need to get answered, and it seems that people are interested, and I would like to get the material out there.
A: We have advised on this subject already, and patience is a virtue which builds strength!

June 10, 1995 Session
(T) Is that particular subject something that we can work with through the board, or is it too complex a set of answers for the board to handle?
A: The problem is never the method. The problem is merely caretaking in discussion, learning, or a question and answer session. For example, if one seeks an answer to a complex question, one must be patient for the absorption of information is most important and missing any part of it will cause the entire answer to be misunderstood or incomplete. Therefore, any method can be used for receiving knowledge about complicated issues, however, patience is the key, otherwise the information will not be properly absorbed.

April 28, 1996 Session
A: […] Patience combined with kind invitations to participate in the learning process eventually allows the victim to awaken, thus to be open to cure. This helps you to build the “army” you seek. Isolation cures nothing. Thereby stiffling progress, as any and all will ultimately be seen as “portals.” Rather like “spinning one’s wheels,” yes??​

Now holding that fortitude we could read our following nice poem.​
The Battle of the Trees (Battle of Godeu)
Book of Taliesin VIII—

I have been in a multitude of shapes,
Before I assumed a consistent form.
I have been a sword, narrow, variegated,
I will believe when it is apparent.
I have been a tear in the air,
I have been the dullest of stars.
I have been a word among letters,
I have been a book in the origin.
I have been the light of lanterns,
A year and a half.

I have been a continuing bridge,
Over three score the mouth of rivers.
I have been a course, I have been an eagle.
I have been a coracle in the seas:
I have been compliant in the banquet.
I have been a drop in a shower;
I have been a sword in the grasp of the hand
I have been a shield in battle.
I have been a string in a harp,
Disguised for nine years.

In water, in foam.
I have been sponge in the fire,
I have been wood in the covert.
I am not he who will not sing of
A combat though small,
The conflict in the battle of Godeu of sprigs.
Against the Guledig of Britain,
There passed central horses,
Fleets full of riches.

There passed an animal with wide jaws,
On it there were a hundred heads.
And a battle was contested
Under the root of his tongue;
And another battle there is
In his occiput.
A black sprawling toad,
With a hundred claws on it.
A snake speckled, crested.

A hundred souls through sin
Shall be tormented in its flesh.
I have been in Caer Vevenir,
Thither hastened grass and trees,
Minstrels were singing,
Warrior-bands were wondering,
At the exaltation of the Briton,
That Gwydyon effected.
There was a calling on the Creator,
Upon Christ for causes,
Until when the Eternal
Should deliver those whom he had made.

The Lord answered them,
Through language and elements:
Take the forms of the principal trees,
Arranging yourselves in battle array,
And restraining the public.
Inexperienced in battle hand to hand.
When the trees were enchanted,
In the expectation of not being trees,
The trees uttered their voices

From strings of harmony,
The disputes ceased.
Let us cut short heavy days,
A female restrained the din.
She came forth altogether lovely.
The head of the line, the head was a female.
The advantage of a sleepless cow
Would not make us give way.
The blood of men up to our thighs,
The greatest of importunate mental exertions
Sported in the world.

And one has ended
From considering the deluge,
And Christ crucified,
And the day of judgment near at hand.
The alder-trees, the head of the line,
Formed the van.
The willows and quicken-trees
Came late to the army.
Plum-trees, that are scarce,
Unlonged for of men.
The elaborate medlar-trees,
The objects of contention.

The prickly rose-bushes,
Against a host of giants,
The raspberry brake did
What is better failed
For the security of life.
Privet and woodbine
And ivy on its front,
Like furze to the combat

The cherry-tree was provoked.
The birch, notwithstanding his high mind,
Was late before he was arrayed.
Not because of his cowardice,
But on account of his greatness.
The laburnum held in mind,
That your wild nature was foreign.
Pine-trees in the porch,
The chair of disputation,
By me greatly exalted,
In the presence of kings.

The elm with his retinue,
Did not go aside a foot;
He would fight with the centre,
And the flanks, and the rear.
Hazel-trees, it was judged
That ample was thy mental exertion.
The privet, happy his lot,
The bull of battle, the lord of the world.

Morawg and Morydd
Were made prosperous in pines.
Holly, it was tinted with green,
He was the hero.
The hawthorn, surrounded by prickles,
With pain at his hand.
The aspen-wood has been topped,
It was topped in battle.
The fern that was plundered.
The broom, in the van of the army,
In the trenches he was hurt.

The gorse did not do well,
Notwithstanding let it overspread.
The heath was victorious, keeping off on all sides.
The common people were charmed,
During the proceeding of the men.
The oak, quickly moving,
Before him, tremble heaven and earth.
A valiant door-keeper against an enemy,
His name is considered.

The blue-bells combined,
And caused a consternation.
In rejecting, were rejected,
Others, that were perforated.
Pear-trees, the best intruders
In the conflict of the plain.
A very wrathful wood,

The chestnut is bashful,
The opponent of happiness,
The jet has become black,
The mountain has become crooked,
The woods have become a kiln,
Existing formerly in the great seas,

Since was heard the shout:—
The tops of the birch covered us with leaves,
And transformed us, and changed our faded state.
The branches of the oak have ensnared us
From the Gwarchan of Maelderw.features Book of Aneirin I
Laughing on the side of the rock,
The lord is not of an ardent nature.
Not of mother and father,

When I was made,
Did my Creator create me.
Of nine-formed faculties,
Of the fruit of fruits,
Of the fruit of the primordial God,
Of primroses and blossoms of the hill,
Of the flowers of trees and shrubs.
Of earth, of an earthly course,
When I was formed.

Of the flower of nettles,
Of the water of the ninth wave.
I was enchanted by Math,king magician who created a woman of flowers
Before I became immortal,
I was enchanted by Gwydyon
The great purifier of the Briton,
Of Eurwys, of ash-trees’ rim,
Of barberry-tree, of Modron.Celtic Matrona goddess
Of five battalions of scientific ones,
Teachers, children of Math.

When the removal occurred,
I was enchanted by the Guledig.
When he was half-burnt,
I was enchanted by the sago
Of sages, in the primitive world.
When I had a being;
When the host of the world was in dignity,
The bard was accustomed to benefits.
To the song of praise I am inclined, which the tongue recites.

I played in the twilight,
I slept in purple;
I was truly in the enchantment
With Dylan, the son of the wave.
In the circumference, in the middle,
Between the knees of kings,
Scattering spears not keen,
From heaven when came,
To the great deep, floods,
In the battle there will be
Four score hundreds,
That will divide according to their will.
They are neither older nor younger,
Than myself in their divisions.

A wonder, centuries are born, every one of nine hundred.
He was with me also,
With my sword spotted with blood.
Honour was allotted to me
By the Lord, and protection (was) where he was.
If I come to where the boar was killed,
He will compose, he will decompose,
He will form languages.

The strong-handed gleamer, his name,
With a gleam he rules his numbers.
They would spread out in a flame,
When I shall go on high.
I have been a speckled snake on the hill,
I have been a viper in the Lake.
I have been a bill-hook crooked that cuts,
I have been a ferocious spear

With my chasuble and bowl
I will prophesy not badly,
Four score smokes
On every one what will bring.
Five battalions of arms
Will be caught by my knife.
Six steeds of yellow hue
A hundred times better is
My cream-coloured steed,
Swift as the sea-mew
Which will not pass
Between the sea and the shore.

Am I not pre-eminent in the field of blood?
Over it are a hundred chieftains.
Crimson (is) the gem of my belt,
Gold my shield border.
There has not been born, in the gap,
That has been visiting me,
Except Goronwy, lover of the flower-woman
From the dales of Edrywy.

Long white my fingers,
It is long since I have been a herdsman.
I travelled in the earth,
Before I was a proficient in learning.
I travelled, I made a circuit,
I slept in a hundred islands.
A hundred Caers I have dwelt in.
Ye intelligent Druids,
Declare to Arthur,
What is there more early
Than I that they sing of.

And one is come
And Christ crucified,
And the day of future doom.
A golden gem in a golden jewel.
I am splendid
And shall be wanton
From the oppression of the metal-workers.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding Morawg and Morydd seen in our tale (see earlier post; also wholly re-copied below), and forgotten in my clarifications. In a literal manner, Morawg means "maritime" i.e. pertaining to sea. Morydd is a "channel of sea-water within a swamp". Thus, from the tale, we have the piece:​

“Hazel-trees, it was judged​
That ample was thy mental exertion.​
The privet, happy his lot,​
The bull of battle, the lord of the world.​
Morawg and Morydd
Were made prosperous in pines.​
Holly, it was tinted with green…….”​

Intriguing, right?!!! But, again in literal manner, the piece suggests the trees dwelling in an aquatic region. Consider too that the prefix mor means a "moving and infinite sea"; kind of reminding a wave.​

The Battle of the Trees (Battle of Godeu)
Book of Taliesin VIII—

I have been in a multitude of shapes,
Before I assumed a consistent form.
I have been a sword, narrow, variegated,
I will believe when it is apparent.
I have been a tear in the air,
I have been the dullest of stars.
I have been a word among letters,
I have been a book in the origin.
I have been the light of lanterns,
A year and a half.

I have been a continuing bridge,
Over three score the mouth of rivers.
I have been a course, I have been an eagle.
I have been a coracle in the seas:
I have been compliant in the banquet.
I have been a drop in a shower;
I have been a sword in the grasp of the hand
I have been a shield in battle.
I have been a string in a harp,
Disguised for nine years.

In water, in foam.
I have been sponge in the fire,
I have been wood in the covert.
I am not he who will not sing of
A combat though small,
The conflict in the battle of Godeu of sprigs.
Against the Guledig of Britain,
There passed central horses,
Fleets full of riches.

There passed an animal with wide jaws,
On it there were a hundred heads.
And a battle was contested
Under the root of his tongue;
And another battle there is
In his occiput.
A black sprawling toad,
With a hundred claws on it.
A snake speckled, crested.

A hundred souls through sin
Shall be tormented in its flesh.
I have been in Caer Vevenir,
Thither hastened grass and trees,
Minstrels were singing,
Warrior-bands were wondering,
At the exaltation of the Briton,
That Gwydyon effected.
There was a calling on the Creator,
Upon Christ for causes,
Until when the Eternal
Should deliver those whom he had made.

The Lord answered them,
Through language and elements:
Take the forms of the principal trees,
Arranging yourselves in battle array,
And restraining the public.
Inexperienced in battle hand to hand.
When the trees were enchanted,
In the expectation of not being trees,
The trees uttered their voices

From strings of harmony,
The disputes ceased.
Let us cut short heavy days,
A female restrained the din.
She came forth altogether lovely.
The head of the line, the head was a female.
The advantage of a sleepless cow
Would not make us give way.
The blood of men up to our thighs,
The greatest of importunate mental exertions
Sported in the world.

And one has ended
And Christ crucified,
And the day of judgment near at hand.
The alder-trees, the head of the line,
Formed the van.
The willows and quicken-trees
Came late to the army.
Plum-trees, that are scarce,
Unlonged for of men.
The elaborate medlar-trees,
The objects of contention.

The prickly rose-bushes,
Against a host of giants,
The raspberry brake did
What is better failed
For the security of life.
Privet and woodbine
And ivy on its front,
Like furze to the combat

The cherry-tree was provoked.
The birch, notwithstanding his high mind,
Was late before he was arrayed.
Not because of his cowardice,
But on account of his greatness.
The laburnum held in mind,
That your wild nature was foreign.
Pine-trees in the porch,
The chair of disputation,
By me greatly exalted,
In the presence of kings.

The elm with his retinue,
Did not go aside a foot;
He would fight with the centre,
And the flanks, and the rear.
Hazel-trees, it was judged
That ample was thy mental exertion.
The privet, happy his lot,
The bull of battle, the lord of the world.

Morawg and Morydd
Were made prosperous in pines.
Holly, it was tinted with green,
He was the hero.
The hawthorn, surrounded by prickles,
With pain at his hand.
The aspen-wood has been topped,
It was topped in battle.
The fern that was plundered.
The broom, in the van of the army,
In the trenches he was hurt.

The gorse did not do well,
Notwithstanding let it overspread.
The heath was victorious, keeping off on all sides.
The common people were charmed,
During the proceeding of the men.
The oak, quickly moving,
Before him, tremble heaven and earth.
A valiant door-keeper against an enemy,
His name is considered.

The blue-bells combined,
And caused a consternation.
In rejecting, were rejected,

Others, that were perforated.
Pear-trees, the best intruders
In the conflict of the plain.
A very wrathful wood,
The chestnut is bashful,
The opponent of happiness,
The jet has become black,
The mountain has become crooked,
The woods have become a kiln,
Existing formerly in the great seas,

Since was heard the shout:—
The tops of the birch covered us with leaves,
And transformed us, and changed our faded state.
The branches of the oak have ensnared us
From the Gwarchan of Maelderw.features Book of Aneirin I
Laughing on the side of the rock,
The lord is not of an ardent nature.
Not of mother and father,

When I was made,
Did my Creator create me.
Of nine-formed faculties,
Of the fruit of fruits,
Of the fruit of the primordial God,
Of primroses and blossoms of the hill,
Of the flowers of trees and shrubs.
Of earth, of an earthly course,
When I was formed.

Of the flower of nettles,
Of the water of the ninth wave.
I was enchanted by Math,king magician who created a woman of flowers
Before I became immortal,
I was enchanted by Gwydyon
The great purifier of the Briton,
Of Eurwys, of ash-trees’ rim,
Of barberry-tree, of Modron.Celtic Matrona goddess
Of five battalions of scientific ones,
Teachers, children of Math.

When the removal occurred,
I was enchanted by the Guledig.
When he was half-burnt,
I was enchanted by the sago
Of sages, in the primitive world.
When I had a being;
When the host of the world was in dignity,
The bard was accustomed to benefits.
To the song of praise I am inclined, which the tongue recites.

I played in the twilight,
I slept in purple;
I was truly in the enchantment
With Dylan, the son of the wave.
In the circumference, in the middle,
Between the knees of kings,
Scattering spears not keen,
From heaven when came,
To the great deep, floods,
In the battle there will be
Four score hundreds,
That will divide according to their will.
They are neither older nor younger,
Than myself in their divisions.

A wonder, centuries are born, every one of nine hundred.
He was with me also,
With my sword spotted with blood.
Honour was allotted to me
By the Lord, and protection (was) where he was.
If I come to where the boar was killed,
He will compose, he will decompose,
He will form languages.

The strong-handed gleamer, his name,
With a gleam he rules his numbers.
They would spread out in a flame,
When I shall go on high.
I have been a speckled snake on the hill,
I have been a viper in the Lake.
I have been a bill-hook crooked that cuts,
I have been a ferocious spear

With my chasuble and bowl
I will prophesy not badly,
Four score smokes
On every one what will bring.
Five battalions of arms
Will be caught by my knife.
Six steeds of yellow hue
A hundred times better is
My cream-coloured steed,
Swift as the sea-mew
Which will not pass
Between the sea and the shore.

Am I not pre-eminent in the field of blood?
Over it are a hundred chieftains.
Crimson (is) the gem of my belt,
Gold my shield border.
There has not been born, in the gap,
That has been visiting me,
Except Goronwy, lover of the flower-woman
From the dales of Edrywy.

Long white my fingers,
It is long since I have been a herdsman.
I travelled in the earth,
Before I was a proficient in learning.
I travelled, I made a circuit,
I slept in a hundred islands.
A hundred Caers I have dwelt in.
Ye intelligent Druids,
Declare to Arthur,
What is there more early
Than I that they sing of.

And one is come
And Christ crucified,
And the day of future doom.
A golden gem in a golden jewel.
I am splendid
And shall be wanton
From the oppression of the metal-workers.

Back
Top Bottom