How to KNOW that one is a machine?

I think one of the things all machines have in common is the ability to configuration, to program, to set up and for every machine is required it's own sets of tools and types of screws. Every machine has a driver, a user, a responsible person to attend for the machines doings. Not all the drivers are equal. Ones are more sleepy than the others. The drivers awareness is the cause for how machine eventually will be maintained, used and for what purpose. Some machine users maintain their machines by themselves and some rely on the mechanic. In many cases when it comes to our world it is in our best interests to be our own mechanics or atleast understand about the work that is being done. To answer your question. Who do you consider yourself, the peace of meat and bones, the soup of mental landscapes or the one who can take the spoon and mix it all up, and put its own ingredients in to the mix?

When it comes to habits I am no expert. One of the thought I get are not breaking them but replacing. Due to nature of our physiology the non doing part most often is more difficult than doing. Nothing stays in complete vacuum for very long time or atleast in this density of reality. The darkness and silence of our minds are filled with its own colours and sounds. The time will pass anyways. I am not sure what kind of habits you are talking about, but from what I experienced so far most of them are rooted in dopamine baseline and peaks as dopamine is an excitory neurotransmitter it is at root of physical emotions and impulses. It is the energy for satisfaction, gratification, pleasure, wanting, focus and commitment, sense of purpose. Even dopamine and testosterone levels are tied together. It's very powerful brain chemical rooted in emotional triggers and programs. Music, conversations, physical activity, sex, nicotine, drugs, cold shower. Everything effects dopamine. Notice how all the movies have music in certain scenes and notice how that affect emotional states. It is usually not the scene it self that evokes emotions, but the music. While the music opens up a portal in the watcher by heightened emotional state the program is remembered by the brain. I will share a video Dr Huberman discussing briefly how the brain learns and memorise most efficiently through release of adrenaline which is connected to dopamine as well. So if it is difficult to keep a habit dopamine is something worth considering as it can be programed by us finding satisfaction in whatever we are doing by managing its levels and activities that are affecting the baseline.

The last two videos maybe very long. The author have put time stamps in the description for those wanting to skip through.

Thanks for the replies.

One thing I've been doing since relapsing on certain habits that I tried with all my will and effort to abstain from is consciously acting on them while simultaneously attempting to be as aware as possible of the mechanicalness of it all. This has been challenging as I still unconsciously don't consider myself a machine. However, I have been attempting this experiment for less than a week now, and haven't made much progress. I keep forgetting to keep aware, so am trying to figure out what kind of an "alarm clock" I can set up for myself to remind myself constantly.
I think it's different for everyone, as I mentioned above, without the emotional component most of it tends to remain as an interesting exercise. Which isn't to say that it's useless at all, but I believe the emotional component is what can drive one to commit to change.

But, something that works for me is to take stock of my day at the end of the evening, right before bed and try to recapitulate the day that just went by, and see if I notice something that could have been different, something that I couldn't explain or that I could simply explain as, I was acting by default.

Without getting too hung up on certain things, and deciding on what I could correct if needed, or change going forward. It's a small exercise that I think has a cumulative value over time.

2 cents. Consciously work on involuntary system. Breathe correctly with nose and belly. Tongue attached to palate 24/7. At first, if you have a difficult time, sparadrap your mouth when no one can see you or they will mistake you for crazy. Tongue automatically:-) retracts. After you have automatized :-) the mechanism, focus on the emptying phase . 24/7.

2 cents. Consciously work on involuntary system. Breathe correctly with nose and belly. Tongue attached to palate 24/7. At first, if you have a difficult time, sparadrap your mouth when no one can see you or they will mistake you for crazy. Tongue automatically:-) retracts. After you have automatized :-) the mechanism, focus on the emptying phase . 24/7.
Do you really mean that automatizing a mechanism helps to not be a machine ?
Weird paradox isn't it ?

Do you really mean that automatizing a mechanism helps to not be a machine ?
Weird paradox isn't it ?
Well, I would say that it's not really "automatizing" a mechanism but it's becoming more conscious of the machine allowing it to work better initiated by the intention to do so via sustained action. First there is the intent to become more conscious of the involuntary system by initiating an action of the Will to become more conscious.

The 'intent' comes from the creative realms and this higher order energy of creativity blends with the lower order energy of automatism/sensitivity producing the intermediate energy of consciousnes enabling the entire system to work more in harmony because in a sense the body becomes more alive with 'light' and conscious of itself.

In Gurdjieff speak it would be the law of
Triamazikamno meaning 'I-bring-three-together' or the law of three (the higher blends with the lower to actualize the middle).

Can someone read this book and tell us what is it, is it real or.........I have read it couple of years ago, it ansewered all my questions about human behavior, BUT is it real or just STS dezinformation...

Can someone read this book and tell us what is it, is it real or.........I have read it couple of years ago, it ansewered all my questions about human behavior, BUT is it real or just STS dezinformation...

Can you summarize what you remember from it?

Because I'm currently reading 'The Matter With Things' any time humans are compared to machines I am primed to be very resistant to the idea. McGilchrist summarises all the ways in which humans, and all living things, are not machines and all the problems associated with them being seen as machines by modern scientific thinking. It's a fascinating summary of how left hemisphere dominant perception of the world (especially in the extreme cases of schizophrenia, autism and split brain patients) is inclined towards this view. I just don't feel as comfortable as I used to be thinking in terms of 'functions, operation or programs' when talking about human beings.

That aside, I agree that the machine can be a useful metaphor for human behaviour and that is probably Gurdjieff's only intention in using the term. The less 'mechanistic' your behaviour is, the less dependent on circumstances outside your control, the less you are comparable to a machine in your actions. Machines are without flexibility, free will etc. What is increasing free will but the ability to choose from an increasing number of options when a certain thing happens?

Can you summarize what you remember from it?
Those Russian scientists are claiming that when a baby is born and when you cut their umbilical cord, at that exact moment of cuting baby umbilical cord, program is downloaded in that baby and that program will be their 'main' program for their whole life. There are 293 tipes of programs for humans. And program depends only of date and time of your birth, nothing else.They figured that out when they decripted some Chinesse old book "Shanhai jing" Classic of Mountains and Seas.
When they published their findings, they were contacted by Russian tipe of 'KGB' who want them to test their findings on some politicians, they wanted to see ,is it working or not, because this book is not just a book it is a "weapon". Because if person know your main program it can easly manipulate you...So when those scientist convinced them, showed them that book is for real, .'kgb' tried to poison authors of that book. So they fleed to America,and took asylum.
I bought all 5 books and read them all couple of times, kindle version of books were 1 dollar each, now those books are too expensive...

I Dont know what to thing, if those books are for real then it is a MUST READ , even for Laura....If they are fake ,then it is clearly an STS...

Those Russian scientists are claiming that when a baby is born and when you cut their umbilical cord, at that exact moment of cuting baby umbilical cord, program is downloaded in that baby and that program will be their 'main' program for their whole life. There are 293 tipes of programs for humans. And program depends only of date and time of your birth, nothing else.They figured that out when they decripted some Chinesse old book "Shanhai jing" Classic of Mountains and Seas.

The C's have mentioned the word 'destiny' and 'mission' when talking about human activities here on earth. So it seems very plausible that there is some track that we have chosen to follow before we were born. The same basic information is given from a bunch of different sources. Plato's Myth of Er and also in Balwin's Spirit Releasement Therapy are two that come to mind.

It seems to me that these Russian scientists include no reference to 5D, a contemplation zone, or an afterlife where the Soul is said to make these decisions. Do you remember them saying anything like that? If they base everything on astrology alone, it's important to note that astrology has changed a lot over the years:
Q: Why was astrology absent from the myths of ancient Greece?

A: Not absent, "Stalinized."

Q: What does that mean?

A: Soviets removed Stalin from the history books when he fell from popularity. So, Greeks, Astrology... "Stalinized"...

Q: Why?

A: Deadly secrets would be revealed.

Q: Revealed to whom?

A: You.

Q: If we could find the pieces and put them together, they would show us the drama and the connection between 3rd and 4th density?

A: You would have to use the original astrology, before cosmic changes of a planetary nature; there was no Venus, for one example, and earth was oriented differently axially speaking.

Laura has also written a great description of the changes in astrology in Comets and the Horns of Moses. There is also this thread on Gebkli Tepe that speaks to the change in constellations as well.
Another thing to take into consideration is that THE main program for humans - attraction to physicality or materialism - happened 309,000 years ago during The Fall. Plus, many programs (aka patterns of thought and behaviour) are installed well after birth - alien abductions for adults is one extreme example of a program being installed.

I could be wrong, but I don't think these things have much to do with the umbilical cord or astrology or 293 personality types.

I Dont know what to thing, if those books are for real then it is a MUST READ , even for Laura....If they are fake ,then it is clearly an STS...

Who knows. It could be a mix truth and lies. The C's have said this about understanding our machines, answering a question about Gurdjieff's enneagram personality type method:

Q: (dugdeep) We've been kind of looking into the enneagram personality type thing here, and we're just wondering if that's a valid direction. It seems it could provide a lot of material for Work on oneself.

A: About 54 percent validity. Remember that this was essentially just "made up".

Q: [Toronto starts asking another question]

A: As are most human psychological systems in your society.

Q: (Perceval) [Repeats last 2 answers for remote group]

A: Cognitive psychology is an exception when it is based on lab and social studies.

So cognitive psychology (aka the books in the recommended reading list) is probably the best place to start in understanding programs, or our 'mechanical' nature, or our unconscious behaviours or whatever we want to call it. Add in some neurochemistry, and you have a pretty well-rounded view as to HOW most humans function in an automatic way. Add in the C's cosmology, and you get the main reasons WHY we do so.

Iain McGilchrist talks about machines in the following video on imagination. He attributes machine like aspects to Left Hemisphere. Given that both LH and RH have important jobs to do in their different ways of paying attention, we can also say that some machine like behaviours in some contexts also have practical utility. From that perspective it's probably fruitful to just accept that you have some mechanical aspects and then to figure out whether they are useful or harmful in given contexts. Mechanical aspects probably exist in an inverse relationship to consciousness - the more mechanical the less conscious and vice versa. The ultimate aim would probably be to have all mechanical behaviours under conscious control and turn them on and off at will.

From that perspective it's probably fruitful to just accept that you have some mechanical aspects and then to figure out whether they are useful or harmful in given contexts.
I have realized that certain daily acts that are done automatically, without thinking, such as taking a glass from a cupboard at home, can be easy to manipulate by someone outside.

They are daily acts that belong to the learning of the use of our body since we are small children and these acts are integrated into the automatic functioning of our body.

It has happened to me several times that I am going to pick up a glass and when acting mechanically it happens that the glass bumps into a corner and falls to the ground, causing a moment of chaos.

Obviously you can think that the reason for this is simply clumsiness and that's it, and surely it can be so, however, it has happened to me that the "error" that has caused that moment of chaos is not consistent with what is normal for me. .

The normal reaction is anger, irritation, and a change in mood. And there are usually third parties involved, who get disproportionately upset about those domestic accidents.

So for quite some time now I have tried to pay a lot of awareness and attention to those small daily mechanical acts.

By being "aware" of this, these "accidents" no longer happen to me.

The number of things that we do automatically, without thinking, are many more than we could initially think.

I was fortunate enough to be able to retire this weekend. On the job, mechanical, automatic, repetitious motions were essential to consistently do what was required and expected. When arbitrary changes were made by management, change for the sake of change or to justify someone’s position, it disrupted the consistency and took time to adapt. That can be a positive part of ‘work’ on oneself. But to be competent in everyday life one needs to be automatic or one is functioning as a mentally and physically challenged person. Activity that is second nature seems mechanical and machine like but makes life possible. The difference is are you a machine by necessity or by choice or by force or by design? Is an overview of one’s self possible as one goes through the motions? I guess being partly an organic machine seems baked into the pie for me.

The number of things that we do automatically, without thinking, are many more than we could initially think.
Yes indeed, specially if you take into account the constellation worth of actions that we have absolutely no awareness of that go on inside our bodies that take place and keep us alive and healthy, mitosis for one, or recovery from illness.. even digestion is an entire system of complex actions that we've no awareness for.

In that sense, I believe that having the ability to turn certain actions unconscious isn't entirely bad per se, even new habits that replace older one that we wish to get rid of, hopefully they will become part of the set of actions we have integrated so that we have room to tackle new ones.

Back
Top Bottom