Humanity Is Deciding If It Will Evolve Or Die

I see the idea of collective fate here. What about a series of individual fates aligned in different directions with different outcomes? Are all sentient beings on earth collectively humanity or is humanity a subset of the menagerie of characters who have physical bodies? Does the fractured soul unit really include everybody here on earth? Certainly not the OPs. What about the Kantekkians? What about the intermingling of all the disparate groups?

It is a complex kettle of fish.

I feel the same way. Saying humanity will either evolve or die off is a big either-or scenario, with a million possibilities in between. And as people have said, we choose every day whether to evolve or just be mechanical (same as choosing extinction). That scales up to our extended networks, communities, and whole countries. Maybe some countries insufficient numbers of people refuse to stand up to evil, as it happened in Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union. Even then, there were those who fought back covertly, or who chose to leave the country (such as the author of Defying Hitler) and so step out of the way of the juggernaut.

Then there's the people who are incarnating on this earth now, or relatively recently, knowing full well the cataclysms and upheaval on the way. Maybe the increase in comets and cosmic rays will do the right thing to those with the receiving capacity? They were made for this world. And so were we. I'm squarely in camp A on that account. There will be people who survive and rebuild, even if it's millennia after something big happens. And they will be far stronger for having braved that bottleneck.

I may die when a meteor hits my apartment, an earthquake hits, or a plague comes, or I wander through an unlucky ally and get shanked for drug money. There's only so much we can control, but making the choice to be aware and act wisely and virtuously every single day sends signals out to the universe that there is still a WILL and some fight left. No effort spent on The Work is ever wasted, or so I think. :)

“Hope for humanity”. Interesting phrase but what does that even really mean? Why is ‘hope’ predicated on the premise that the ‘masses’ have to be awakened or that some global ‘enlightenment’ be reached?

Or is hope for humanity the hope that all are going to find love and happiness and everything other good thing under the sun? That’s what everyone wants right?

Great post by the way Fabric. Hope for humanity could be a misleading concept but instead maybe Hope for ourself that we will learn our lessons this time and be able to do what we came for.

Could it be that Hope for humanity is a time limited concept?

Maybe Having Faith in the Universe is the real thing.

However there’s something that I think is even more important to understand... something that Val Brown said in his interview that struck a chord with me:

It did struck a chord in me too.

At some point everything gets its due. Life wasn’t mean to be a walk in the park and if you think it is, then you haven’t learned a thing.

...Our planet is currently in the midst of a sixth mass extinction. If we dodge that bullet, we’ve got steadily mounting new cold war escalations between the world’s two nuclear superpowers imperiling us more and more with every moronic increase in nuclear tensions. There’s also the looming and seemingly inevitable invention of artificial superintelligence, which could end us in any number of completely unpredictable ways.

If we manage to dodge all of those bullets in the next few decades, we’re still headed straight toward an Orwellian global empire which controls all access to information and ideas using AI-controlled censorship and propaganda. Serving out the remainder of our existence as a sanitized, homogenized and propagandized servile class for sociopathic elites would be a kind of extinction in itself, and arguably a worse fate.

I think she may have gotten these things the wrong way around. In addition, some of the latter things mentioned might actually be causing the former (sixth extinction).

I guess the C's might call it 'cleansing'. Well, it's certainly going to make life a lot quieter... after all the dust has settled.

I know what you mean. There is a definite compassion element there and it's humbling as well to know all you can do is point towards the door, and if others don't see it, you have to let them be. And that's the thing for me, I guess. Everyone around me is losing the plot and I'm like holy Christ! I'm in a bad episode of the Twilight Zone! And yet personally I feel pretty fantastic. Life is interesting as hell if nothing else. And I feel more determined than ever to keep doing what I'm doing. And there's others like Caitlin who are giving them hell. (Yeah, you go girl!)
It's not Nazi Germany, at least not yet. And I'm not going to do what the citizens of Germany did and not speak out while I still can. Heck no!
"Be true to your own nature and fear nothing." That's what I intend to do.

“Hope for humanity”. Interesting phrase but what does that even really mean? Why is ‘hope’ predicated on the premise that the ‘masses’ have to be awakened or that some global ‘enlightenment’ be reached? Exactly how many people do we need that are considered ‘aware’ to say, “Yes, so there is hope after all!”? During the cold war it was one person, in the right place at the right time, that made a difference, although he wasn’t explicitly trying to. Is one person enough? Or, does it need to be 200 à la Gurdjieff?

Or is hope for humanity the hope that all are going to find love and happiness and everything other good thing under the sun? That’s what everyone wants right? Let’s say they do. Then the question in my mind is what makes those things so valued? Furthermore, if we don’t have hope (or a ‘hope for’) does that make life meaningless? I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive however.

I think there’s a finer point to be made – what is it that we want to change and against what are we judging our ‘power to change’ things, or its effectiveness? Many of those things that can be changed can only affect what’s in your immediate vicinity (and perhaps to a lesser degree that which is communicated on the internet). And maybe that’s enough, or all that’s really needed.

So yes, we’re not supposed to fix THE world but I think we are supposed to fix OUR world (by that I mean what's in our immediate reach, our environment, daily interactions) to the degree that we can. Or if nothing’s ‘broken’ then improve it! That’s where we are NOT powerless to change things. The way I see it, to take the view that we need to fix anything on such a large scale is approaching the same thing the leftists want - to enact “utopia”. Isn’t that really hubris? In other words, we most definitely will make things worse, no matter how much one thinks one knows. Is our version of “utopia”, whatever it may be, really such a good thing? Or is it another STS trap, where it really all boils down to ‘determining the needs of another’? Now, it doesn’t mean we don’t do anything either – part of what gives meaning to life is “putting order to the chaos which manifests while having one foot in chaos with the other foot in order” (to paraphrase Peterson). In fact, I think that’s very much what ‘riding the wave’ is about. So in a sense there is some element of the world mixed in with our world which I think leads one to believe it’s the world that needs ‘saving’ but that’s not necessarily the case.

Which comes back to: dark and light and blah blah. I think that’s the answer to the first question – what makes ‘the good’ a valued thing? In addition, how do we place a correct valuation on things so that something better can be worked towards? By seeing what the worst is and what the best is. Not just seeing but also the experience of it. Considering how shite things are globally the bar is set pretty low. Even then, still considerable challenge when you factor in scale. Raising a low bar on a large scale is probably harder than raising a high one on a small scale. So where is the bar in our immediate surroundings? The fact that most all of us can access the net, are literate, shower, drink, talk to each on the phone etc, etc, is noteworthy and should be given its due.

Of course, we pay the price. There seems to be a link with these chaotic times in terms of how much more knowledge is available and the mediums through which they can be transmitted – it’s almost as if these chaotic energies give rise to some very deep and profound discoveries that we have really just begun to discover and actualize in ways that we have yet to fully understand its implications. Knowledge input on a continual basis – it’s not just for protection!

Caitlin talks about averting catastrophe, through changing ourselves. Gurdjieff said the same thing when he told us our life has been a lie and people need to ‘wake up’ because ‘a bunch of unconscious machines inevitably leads to destruction’ (paraphrasing). So is a group of (200) people acting in a conscious way enough to spare humanity the fate of pending catastrophe? Or maybe it isn’t meant to – at all. Perhaps all that can be done is to seed the potential for a different world to manifest at some junction of space/time. The work done exists in a field of potential from which others can take upon to continue.

Considering what is known about information theory – one could say that we’re encoding these potentialities into it. It could also be said that one is reducing the amount of entropy (or noise) that is present in the system. It might help to think of as being ‘error-correcting code’. It really is “Debugging the universe” and taken as a whole, it is very important work! As harsh as this might sound, it might actually be the case that 'hope for humanity' is irrelavant. We might not have the pleasure of seeing the results in a direct way but putting it out there by living and being an example of a positive expression of what society could be like adds to this into the system. And to me that’s not insane. In fact it’s the most rational thing we can do. Are we freaks? Maybe. But first we need to ask – what’s normal anyway?

Like Scottie, I used to be pretty optimistic, and then found myself swing full circle and adopt ‘the-way-of-the-pessimist’. So where’s the middle? A balance is good and nowadays instead of being too one or the other, I try to find that sweet spot... for a lack of a better term I like to call it ‘realistic acceptance’. You’ll see what I mean by acceptance at the end.

I say realistic because it has to contain both optimism and pessimism in its evaluation. For example, I was optimistic about Putin winning the election – it was based in the fact that he had a lot of support from the people. Yes, it’s possible that something could have happened that would have prevented that but taking in all available information, it was a safe bet and I like to hedge my bets. It’s also realistic to be pessimistic about Trump doing anything that will really change American politics. Simply put: hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

As the saying goes, ‘the ugly truth’ has inherent in it tones of pessimism. If what we are after is the truth naturally it stands to be perceived as pessimism. However it doesn’t mean that one is a pessimist. To be that way includes the element of anticipation. The same thing applies to being an optimist. A situation is prejudged and potentialities narrowed. A self-imposed limitation in a universe where the future is open; right down to the last second. That’s insanity.

Understandably one can look at the direness of the situation, throw their hands in the air and say ‘the hell with it’ and get all depressed. I admit I still get like that at times but there’s a different flavor to it. It’s not so much a physiological thing (as in ego-based depression) as it is a deep compassion mixed with sadness born out of understanding that the ignorance and suffering of humanity will always be so. If not humanity or this planet then somewhere else in the universe where perhaps even more ‘evil’ and destructive things are happening. We really have no idea of what’s out there. We can barely understand ourselves let alone each other. Nevermind the rest of creation! That fact that we even got this far is a miracle in itself - and am eternally grateful for. How's that for pessimism realism? ;-)

What is even more frustrating, in a sense, is that even wanting to take that away is to remove one of the most valuable tools that 3D life has to offer in terms of learning lessons. It’s not fair from my point of view but what the hell do I know? I have no idea what every soul on this planet came here to do, to learn, to experience. Who am I to determine that for them? What if ‘fixing’ things is really to do a disservice to those who came for that experience – no matter how hard it is? Am I really acting in good conscience to wish for everything to be perfect for everyone? Ok maybe not even perfect but even just less ‘shitty’? There’s no way to really quantify that or even qualify it and have no idea of where to begin.

However there’s something that I think is even more important to understand... something that Val Brown said in his interview that struck a chord with me:

So yes, knowing what you know now, learning to see the world as it is – is depressing. But if you really think about it, it’s also liberating. There’s a certain freedom in knowing what’s likely coming. Ok, we’re not in Nazi concentration camps but in a sense spiritually we are. So it’s really acceptance that we’re after – accepting that suffering is part of creation, if not here and now, then elsewhere and later. At some point everything gets its due. Life wasn’t mean to be a walk in the park and if you think it is, then you haven’t learned a thing.

OSIT

And remember folks, the show ain’t over till the fat lady sings!
Thanks for such a thought-full reply. You point out some important preconceptions and assumptions that we often fail to step back and consider. Reading your post brought a few thoughts to mind:

Believing life matters seems to be the core of "faith", and essential for evolving beyond a life limited to matter.

We think our lives are off track, but if we were granted the weighty power to completely design our life path, what would we actually design? We have no idea what should be unfolding in our lives, yet we're stalked by thoughts that something's wrong with our lives.

"Depression is the response to losing something you didn't want to lose. Depression then leads to anxiety from trying to control things you can't control. The good news is there is only one skill needed to avoid the bondage of both depression and anxiety: the ability to accept--to grieve our losses" -- Judith Viorst, in her books, Necessary Losses: The Loves, Illusions, Dependencies, and Impossible Expectations That All of Us Have to Give Up in Order to Grow (1998) and Imperfect Control: Our Lifelong Struggles With Power and Surrender (1999)

"We mainly have to sacrifice [lose] what we imagine we have--that is, our fantasies. It's much easier to sacrifice [lose] real things we do have." -- Gurdjieff

Last edited:
I know I already answered, but after a second reading I discovered that I had two issues. One is comprehending the word ‘humanity’. As I understand the meaning in text the word means the entire human species as a collective. If that is correct, then I have a problem because of scale conflict. Proceses occur in a range of scales from microscopic to planetary, in ways that cannot be precisely defined modeled or managed by humanity’s current level of knowledge. So humanity cannot avert the changes that occur at planetary scale.
Another issue is to what extent humanity can be used as the total number of individuals living on the planet. Because if that is the case there are as many interpretations of possible realities and outcomes as combinations of n taken k, where n is the number of individuals plus entities functioning as individuals, and k the maximum number of relationships. Ok the formula is crude but it can derive a huge number of possibilities available at any moment in time. Because of such aberations I was asking myself how come the individuals still function in the sense that the majority still eat and sleep and ... drive cars and go shopping? What do they do? What do I do? The answer was I pay attention to what I care about first and to what I don’t care, second. That brings meaning to my day’s activities. That brings meaning to my relationships. Is it possible that people that are attentive to each other make better families? Can attention given by several individuals compound in an attention field? Surely so. Some towns are cleaner than others. Can giving attention become habitual? I believe it can.
Another way of looking at attention given, is saying ‘do as if you mean it, or say as if you mean it’. It does not say see as if you mean it or smell as if you mean it. Do really all articles posted on the internet or all actions undertaken by our plane’s human cohabitants realy ammount to all attention that should be implied? I cannot say. All I can say is that if there is anything that I can do is to give my attention.

Laura: "I don't know that the lines I put in bold are more and more my own view. And in fact, it seems that this is what the Cs have been saying all along, but encouraging us to gain knowledge, to be aware, etc, so that we are not beaten down by this view, and may possibly utilize that knowledge to "surf the wave" so to say."

Scottie: "But you don't have to be like the Buddha or something. You just have to surf the wave. And the more I think about it, the more I think that is exactly what Keyhole described: the process of surfing the wave. Or at least part of it..."

"Surfing the wave"? If we could do that with this much calm and awe, we might actually enjoy it!

b73932bbde609d88442559b225a77265--surfboard-fins-big-waves.jpg

Hope. I have also thought about it. I understand what they mean about hope. Many do not have hope. When thinking about it, I remember a part of the Divine Comedy. (Dante Alighieri): The third song of Dante Alighieri's Inferno is played in front of the door of Hell, where an inscription reads "Lost all hope those who enter!". That made me understand that all that hope for a better tomorrow is part of the wishful thinking and anticipation. Anyone who has hope is anticipating a result. I wonder if losing all hope in that sense is what we really have to learn to navigate the chaos (hell).

Hope. I have also thought about it. I understand what they mean about hope. Many do not have hope. When thinking about it, I remember a part of the Divine Comedy. (Dante Alighieri): The third song of Dante Alighieri's Inferno is played in front of the door of Hell, where an inscription reads "Lost all hope those who enter!". That made me understand that all that hope for a better tomorrow is part of the wishful thinking and anticipation. Anyone who has hope is anticipating a result. I wonder if losing all hope in that sense is what we really have to learn to navigate the chaos (hell).

Dunno about hope, either. I seem to have lost it too. Yet I keep putting one foot in front of the other and doing what I can each day (which some days, isn't a whole heck of a lot!) to advance the STO position as I see it. I often think that it is necessary to lose hope because only then does a person reveal what is truly inside, what they are made of. If they keep going because that is who they are, and no reward is sought, no outcome, then you well and truly know that such a person is an "STO candidate", or so I think.

More and more, for me it has become about faith, and not hope. Hope involves too much anticipation, and I've always gotten it wrong. Faith, on the contrary, has more to do with the process, IMO. With just Doing because you feel it's the right thing to do, regardless of the outcome for humanity or any "lofty" goals. I guess it's a sense of duty towards the Universe and life in general, rooted in gratitude and in sadness and outrage for seeing suffering all around. It may not be perfect (3D perspective), but it's a motivator.

It's being there for those who ask, to the best of our abilities, and helping them have a little more strength when they need it, but not going out to seek people out to convince them that they are blind to something.

The above posts made me think of the session from July 2014 where Caesar is mentioned in the conversation with the C's and later joins in. Here are to excerpts first the C's, then Caesar
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/threads/session-12-july-2014.35409/post-506924 said:
Q: (Perceval) [..]What was his mission, or what were the tangible results of his mission? I mean, from what we understand, Rome went to hell after he died, and then got destroyed, if that timeline is actually correct. But, what did he achieve?

A: He balanced karma and created a template that was not available until his time. Mercy had never been demonstrated in such a way before. The problem, as always, is the STS domination of your realm. But Caesar did not fail. By his death he was glorified and remembered for over 2000 years even if only under a fake legend.
[...]
Q: (Perceval) Yeah, but in terms of the average person on the street, they just know a name, that he was a "crazy dictator", and...

A: Butterfly wings can move things faster when powered by the Wave.

Q: (Pierre) What does it mean? Does it mean...

(Mr. Scott) You keep flapping our wings, and when the wave comes, it gets... amplified or something.

(Pierre) Yeah, but the wings, what is it? Is it what the C's said about this template 2000 years ago about mercy that will amplified by the wave?

A: You and others who have realized the truth.
[...]
And later:
[...]
Q: (Atriedes) If you could give 3 pieces of advice to the world, what would they be?

A: I was wrong to think I could change the masses by example. Humans are fickle and self-centered for the most part. Thus, if you wish to really effect changes, it can only be done by early education, and even then it is fragile and will not last. In the end you must be true to your own nature and fear nothing. If you do that you may make a difference after you are gone. That is not exactly what you are looking for, but there are no 3 pieces of advice that serve all events.
[...]
If there are no 3 pieces of advice that serve all events, it may be that what I wrote above does not serve this instant, or is only partially relevant, still for me the very act of writing this post is an expression of hope.

I looked up the symbology for hope and in Western culture an anchor or a swallow are common https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-symbols-for-hope. Both are related to sea, in the sense that an anhcor is what can save a ship from drifting out to open seas, it can also help the ship to stay in the bay, the harbour or the port and sometimes also protect it from being blown or worse smashed against a coast line. One might consider if the anchor is enough for the ship, and a ship may need more than one anchor, or if the rope that connects the ship to the anchor is suitable and in good condition. A rope by the way is usually made of more tender fibers, which when spun and woven together makes the rope strong enough to fulfill its role.

Regarding the swallow, it is a small bird which when seen by sailors out in the open seas was regarded as a sign of good luck, because swallows were known to take care of themselves and to stay near land.

Next is a poem by Emily Dickson (1830-1886), an American poet, which plays on the idea of hope being like a small bird, but she interprets the bird as a more of a spiritual quality.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-symbols-for-hope said:
Hope' is the thing with feathers—
That perches in the soul—
And sings the tune without the words—
And never stops—at all—

And sweetest—in the Gale—is heard—
And sore must be the storm—
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm—

I've heard it in the chillest land—
And on the strangest Sea—
Yet, never, in Extremity,
It asked a crumb—of Me.

Of course being out at sea, seeing birds or being near land is not always good enough for reaching land safely. One recalls Odysseus who was blown out by the wrathful storm of Poseidon - on two occasions, first with his mates and later alone, but Odysseus had the good will of Athena and in addition still persisted in his effort. In our situation, a question might be, if we have an Athena or if we have seen a swallow or smilar small bird? And if we say yes to this there is still the need to recall the effort that Odysseus put in day after day after day to reach his aim.

Very thoughtful replies in this thread. I also think that there is a good point to be made that "hope" can be interpretierend in a number of ways. The idea that we "hope" for all humanity to wake up or that the world becomes an Utopia, indeed seems to be a rather egocentric idea as fabric rightly pointed out I think.

As for what is currently going on and "what might come", I think if we look at what has been going on on the planet from a perspective that is a bit broader, lets say the last 100 years, I think there is a pattern that can be seen, which doesn't look good at all, especially for people interested in history. A pattern that seems to repeat itself, although this time it seems to be a bit different in flavour but not in essence.

Generally, when one is in the midst of turmoil, which I think we are for a while now, it is hard to grasp the full extent of what is actually going on. It is most often in hindsight, after many years/decades/centuries or even millennia that the full extend of a specific time in history can be viewed more concretely.

There are big changes going on right now it seems and I think "we haven't seen anything yet". It seems to be history in progress and if "this time" it is somewhat of a period in which civilisation itself is at stake, we can be fairly certain, from the historical record/perspective, that it will probably be a more or less gradual process, in which not everything stops everywhere suddenly. Rather it could be that things fall apart here and there, assisted by earth changes and comets, on a broader time scale, which, when viewed from a higher perspective, is still a pretty short period that is pretty much apocalyptic. My wild guess in the "ohh my god, everything will end" mindset is, that this time, that process might be quite a bit faster, since the whole world is so interconnected like "never before".

The best thing anyone can do I think, as Laura pointed out, is to keep going in every little or big way possible, since that's the right thing to do.

I think what keeps me going is that I don't feel like I really have a choice, in a sense. I experience hopelessness, definitely. Motivation and inspiration can be very fleeting. Any motivation to "change the world" or "wake people up" has been sapped as I exited my 20's into my 30's. It feels more like hitting your head against a wall. I share stuff on fb but I think 99% of the time I'm just "singing to the choir", so to speak. But when I'm at a low point of wanting to truly just throw in the towel, honestly the one thing that keeps me going is my love/care for people close to me. And compared to myself 10 years ago, this feels much more personal and selfish in a way - because at the time my main motivation was the welfare of humanity at large. Well, it's still there of course, just no longer the primary force driving me, because honestly humanity sucks in so many ways.

I honestly don't even care about my own life as such, in other words, if I was truly in a bubble of isolation, and I found myself not being of assistance to this forum and this group (which is often the case as it is!), I'd seriously question why I even need to be alive anymore. And honestly, sometimes I do, it's a very beneficial thought process I feel - just asking myself, why are you alive? Without others, I would have no purpose. I can't conceive of a purpose that doesn't involve other people I love, because then I might as well just be fertilizer, it would be more useful than just living for the sake of living, or some version of hedonism.

So as cliche as it sounds, when I'm at my lowest, I just think of my girlfriend, or my parents, or my brother, etc. I see them struggling, and in many ways suffering, and I just can't NOT try to do something to alleviate it. They haven't given up, how can I? Nevermind adding to their suffering by being either a drain on them, or offing myself and causing massive suffering. Nope, sorry. So when all other motivation and aspirations fall away, and I stop caring about my own existence or even the world at large, the ONLY thing that keeps me from giving up is that I don't want to see my loved ones suffer.

And what does this mean for me? Well this means I have no choice but to continue Working on myself, as difficult as it can be, and as crappy a job as I feel I am often doing. I need to keep paying attention to reality right and left. I need to share, and I need to network (another serious struggle for me to be consistent with). Doing all this stuff is the only way I know to help those I care most about - accumulating and applying knowledge, sharing it, using it to alleviate both my suffering and, if they are willing, those close to me. This is the only way I know to truly express love. If I don't do it, I am not truly loving, I'm not truly caring, I'm not truly living, and in that case, I might as well not.

And honestly, as much as I am a machine like anyone else, I have learned that this is the only thing that I truly truly cannot change about myself. I cannot exploit, abuse, disregard, and turn away from other people, especially those close to me. I can change practically anything else about my life, my career, my personality, whatever - but I cannot turn this off. And it's honestly the core motivation behind anything else I do - without it, I'd be aimless, purposeless, useless, and lost.

And this is not some attempt to say "oh hey look at me I'm such a good person" or whatever. I'm a selfish, lazy, prick like anyone else. I just mean that this selfish apathetic lazy and mechanical stuff goes only so far, and there is a layer underneath it that is ultimately more powerful, and when you strip away all other motivations, nothing else can override that layer. The funny thing is you can't even encourage people to like find this layer - I think it's either there or its not. If it's not, nothing anyone can say will create it for you. And if it is, then you probably know it, and nothing anyone can say would get rid of it. Just remember it, and hold on to it, as I think it will carry you through even the hardest and most miserable life situations. It will keep you going when literally nothing else will.

Last edited:
I don’t think humanity is making any decisions on its future for it lacks the awareness at global level. Hence the cyclical nature of certain disastrous events. This is an STS world we live in and this is how it operates. It is one of many ways for creator to express itself in order to learn more about itself and objectively nothing is broken or wrong here.
A STS oriented individual would feel depressed in current setup if the said individual fails to maximise the returns from suffering of others. A STO oriented individual would feel depressed from realising all the suffering of other individuals and resulting empathy.
Key to the progression is to be able to let go of others and your own suffering. How we go about that is well documented and covered in the work published by the group so far and this forum.
Enjoy!!

Dunno about hope, either. I seem to have lost it too. Yet I keep putting one foot in front of the other and doing what I can each day (which some days, isn't a whole heck of a lot!) to advance the STO position as I see it. I often think that it is necessary to lose hope because only then does a person reveal what is truly inside, what they are made of. If they keep going because that is who they are, and no reward is sought, no outcome, then you well and truly know that such a person is an "STO candidate", or so I think.
More and more, for me it has become about faith, and not hope. Hope involves too much anticipation, and I've always gotten it wrong. Faith, on the contrary, has more to do with the process, IMO. With just Doing because you feel it's the right thing to do, regardless of the outcome for humanity or any "lofty" goals. I guess it's a sense of duty towards the Universe and life in general, rooted in gratitude and in sadness and outrage for seeing suffering all around. It may not be perfect (3D perspective), but it's a motivator.

It's being there for those who ask, to the best of our abilities, and helping them have a little more strength when they need it, but not going out to seek people out to convince them that they are blind to something.

I agree with both.

Thinking of the STO path, which follows a natural progression of things. Maybe the best way to help and change things is simply to go there. Not because you want to change things, but because by doing so you are already part of the balance process and that perhaps it is reflected in this world. Looking at it this way, it gives me the feeling that the impulse to continue with one foot in front of the other, the sense of duty (responsibility - knowing how to love) is part of the natural flow and essence of the STO path. I do not know ... maybe I'm wrong in my reasoning ...

Back
Top Bottom