hydrogen water

however even this one uses Polymer electrolyte like all of them.
This means microplastics galore. So basically they are charging hefty prices for slowly poisoning us.
Thanks for the info, could you explain how it uses polymer electrolyte .. is this how it makes the hydrogen in the base? Apologies my scientific knowledge around this subject is minimal .l

I didn’t really understand this info when I looked it up

A polymer electrolyte is a polymer matrix capable of ion conduction.[1] Much like other types of electrolyte—liquid and solid-state—polymer electrolytes aid in movement of charge between the anode and cathode of a cell.[1][2][3] The use of polymers as an electrolyte was first demonstrated using dye-sensitized solar cells.[4] The field has expanded since and is now primarily focused on the development of polymer electrolytes with applications in batteries, fuel cells, and membranes.[4][5][6]

Molecular design of polymer electrolytes​

edit
Generally, polymer electrolytes comprise a polymer which incorporates a highly polar motif capable of electron donation.[2]Performance parameters impact selection of homo- or heterogenous electrolyte.[1][2] There exist four major types of polymer electrolyte: (1) gel polymer electrolyte, (2) solid-state polymer electrolyte, (3) plasticized polymer electrolyte, and (4) composite polymer electrolyte.[1][2] The degree of crystallinity of a polymer electrolyte matrix impacts ion mobility and the transport rate. Amorphous regions promote greater percolation of charge in gel and plasticized polymer electrolytes.[2][

Thanks for the info, could you explain how it uses polymer electrolyte .. is this how it makes the hydrogen in the base? Apologies my scientific knowledge around this subject is minimal .l

I didn’t really understand this info when I looked it up

A polymer electrolyte is a polymer matrix capable of ion conduction.[1] Much like other types of electrolyte—liquid and solid-state—polymer electrolytes aid in movement of charge between the anode and cathode of a cell.[1][2][3] The use of polymers as an electrolyte was first demonstrated using dye-sensitized solar cells.[4] The field has expanded since and is now primarily focused on the development of polymer electrolytes with applications in batteries, fuel cells, and membranes.[4][5][6]

Molecular design of polymer electrolytes​

edit
Generally, polymer electrolytes comprise a polymer which incorporates a highly polar motif capable of electron donation.[2]Performance parameters impact selection of homo- or heterogenous electrolyte.[1][2] There exist four major types of polymer electrolyte: (1) gel polymer electrolyte, (2) solid-state polymer electrolyte, (3) plasticized polymer electrolyte, and (4) composite polymer electrolyte.[1][2] The degree of crystallinity of a polymer electrolyte matrix impacts ion mobility and the transport rate. Amorphous regions promote greater percolation of charge in gel and plasticized polymer electrolytes.[2][
Mine too.
They all state they use polymer electrolyte - therefore the plastic is in contact with your water which means you will be ingesting microplastics or so I think.

Oh ok, that makes sense I guess .. I might send the manufacturer an email and ask them to clarify and do some digging myself

Back
Top Bottom