I am finally moving the 3 of December 2013

supriyanoel said:
I appreciate your sharing so very much, and am so glad this landlord is tolerant of the animals. I am also inspired by you since I am moving, alone,to parts unknown as of yet. Being in the U.S.A. is very different than the Canary Islands, and I have to say being in your shoes sounds petty good.
I am also an addict of books and if you and others can part with them, so can I. You have really came a long way, to be able to let go of all those precious things that bring so much comfort, like your bed and worktable. I am finding it difficult to know just how much to take with me, and you have certainly helped, sharing your strength in letting go, because it can and has been a prison to a degree for me. Holding on to these things.
I think you have made a profound and wise move and I wish you clear observance and easy adaptation to your new surroundings. Please continue to let us know how you are faring, and husband too. I think the animals will love wherever you two are. They are fortunate to have found you and I'll bet they let you know it. Maybe the RockRose can wait a while!

\

Thank you supriyanoel for your kind words. I think one of the reason we can take better decisions it seems to me is due to the diet we are following here. To follow this diet, even if it sound strange, is a first move to letting go. ;)

Some things, objects, are like our shadow, or mirror or cane. We think we can not live without them till we learn that it is not true. Oh, I cried when I gave almost all my books but I still love books, they are my passion. And I have my Kindle, the best gift that a friend gave to me, the most intelligent gift for a move. I know that the best bed is the floor but I know also that one day I will buy another Futon. Same with my table. They were here, they are not here anymore. I am here, I will not be here anymore. Everything is movement, dance, voyage.

Time flies. Very soon we will take the car and go direction south. I can not believe that I was living here 4 years, 4 long, long years in that strange village, surrounded by strange people, almost zombies. Hopefully I had Internet and Sott. And my books. And my dogs. And the silence, so important to sleep well.

For now I don't feel panic at all but something is building up, adrenaline maybe. :D

Finally yesterday we left the village and we are now in Cadiz. We were 7: my husband, my two dogs, my two cats, my canary and me. The trip was long but everything was perfect. I really think that my diet is in part helping me to be more concentrated on everything and gives me more energy. I see a difference when someone is giving me some information. For example: yesterday we stop at Seville, a mega city to buy a cage for my canary (he was in a special cage just for the trip) and I asked information to joint the highway. I didn't lost my way and follow the instructions very carefully. This is new for me, I was always incapable to follow instructions maybe because I was incapable of concentration. This diet I am sure gives a certain vitamin for the brain. Same with driving. I am used to drive in a place where there is absolutely no traffic at all, like driving on a "Survivors" road. But yesterday to be in the middle of huge traffic was no problem at all. This diet calms, also. Also my homeopath gave me to take, since two months now, a sort of drinkable vitamin: Vita-C 15 Forte by Dr. Reckeweg. All this was very good to help me in this move. I am almost sure that if I was not following the Paleo and very often the Keto diet I would not be in Cadiz today.

My animals were very patient in the car, and now here we will decompress gradually of all the good and bad stress we had since the last weeks. This house is very beautiful with a very big patio and garden. Now we will enter the second step: the boat. :) Next Tuesday is the big day.

I am just a little sad because leaving Salamanca I left some really good friends behind me, a family that were so gentle with me since I met them two years ago. This is the only regret of this move. And it is a very hard one but always a voyage is a lesson. And lessons hurt. :(

Just information about the weather situation: in my village yesterday morning the temperature was terrible: minus 10 Celsius. Gradually coming in the South the weather is more and more warm. We are around 7, 8 Celsius here, now. But during the day it will go up to 17.

For now these are the last news of this move. Thanks to listen!

Oh my, what a zoological adventure. I did the same trip but had only a cat with me. And by the way, should this happen to yours or your dogs, she got seasick and I had to keep an eye on her during the trip. As I took her out from the cage where the animals are kept together in the boat, because I thought she would get better outdoor, she got worst but was immediately relieved as I put her in my bed (which wasn´t allowed but that was the least of my worries of course). I was just checking in google, and read that sailors usually give their pets Antacid/Calcium carbonate or tums (Alkaselzer alike), which seems to work fine for them. Maybe other forum members have more informations.

Normal temperature at this point is fluctuating between 20-26 Celsius, except yesterday, reaching up to 32 Celsius, which happen now and then when the wind brings African Saharian sand and hot weather together. Start to unpack your beach necessaire!

I´m glad everything is running smoothly among your peculiar crew :cool2:

hesperides said:
Oh my, what a zoological adventure.
[...]
I´m glad everything is running smoothly among your peculiar crew :cool2:

Ditto, exactly my mind! Keep us informed of the continuation of your journey and take care of you all. :hug2:

MK Scarlett said:
Ditto, exactly my mind! Keep us informed of the continuation of your journey and take care of you all. :hug2:

Thank you very much. :)

hesperides said:
Normal temperature at this point is fluctuating between 20-26 Celsius, except yesterday, reaching up to 32 Celsius, which happen now and then when the wind brings African Saharian sand and hot weather together. Start to unpack your beach necessaire

What!!!!! 32 celsius! This is incredible. In Salamanca during the night is minus 10. And during the day around 6 or 7. And windy. And grey.

This trip is very interesting for me. I am discovering new emotions. I am in Cadiz now, and I asked myself why I never came to visit the south of Spain? How come? My grand-mother was from Murcia. So I think that coming in the south of Spain is a revelation. I have to come back here, something is here for me, I don't know what. I love the sky, the palms trees, the colors, the accent of the people because there is a music in their talk. I love their gentleness, their smile. Some moments I have the impression to be in another planet, more human. Life in the north is totally different not just because of the weather but justly because of the weather. People in the north are very serious, gentle but serious. I imagine in the Isles is also very similar, this joy in the air but here in the south you have the Arab influence and this is something I love extremely.

Travels are mysterious, don't you think so? They exist for something, there is a reason behind a travel, travels are spiritual roads.

Thanks for the tips concerning the animals. I have some sedatives for them that my vet gave to me. I am very happy to bring my family with me even thought it is a little more stressful.

Today I will go to see where is situated the exit to take the boat.

Yesterday I went to a big shopping mall. It was so huge that it gave me the nausea. I am not used to see too many people in a shopping mall, I was living in the poorest Spanish community. I asked information to a young man that was working in a tourist office. He gave me indications for going to the port and then we talk about Cadiz. He told me that Cadiz is a city of about 200,000 people and that there is many seniors of the military service and people who worked in the area of ships. So they have money. But there is the problem of jobless for young people like him as in the rest of Spain. There is a huge difference between Salamanca and Cadiz, here I see an enormous quantity of stores and movement but I also see young people that are stone and lost on the streets. I hate shopping malls but I was looking for coffee. I see also that people are slow here, like if life was in another rhythm that I am not used to it but when you travel you need to accept was is there. So I listen to people, their way of talk, their way of buy and eat and I don't have to tell you what they eat: carbohydrates in gigantic way. ;)

I like here but I miss the solitude and the absence of humanity. It is a shock for me to see so many humans together and I knew that I would be shocked so there is no surprise in my shock. But I really don't know if I am ready to live in a big city. After living in a village of 20 inhabitants everything is multitude. I take my flowers of Dr. Bach very often, there is no time to be anxious and scare. I am doing very often the EE breathing and listen in my brain Laura's voice. My family needs me, husband included. :halo:

I like travels, they put you in situations that you are not used to it. They make you to be able to contact with people, to ask for help like asking for information. Travels give you the possibility to see different ways of living this life, this is always interesting and educative. My dream is to take a car, one day, with one dog and travel alone. If I had money I will do this: travel with a dog and write a book about how to travel with a dog. Maybe one day?

I also look a the tv for some time, yesterday. I don't have tv since some years and I think to stop to look at tv. was the best decision I took in my life. Yesterday I saw that tv is the worst of the worst, a tool of mind control, a mass of lies, of stupidity, a mirror of how humanity is, the left hand of the PTB. I understand, but I knew, why people are so stupid and ignorant and in fact they are because of tv. The news on tv are everything but news. It is just a space to sell something: ideas, false images, lies, emotions that are not very beautiful, fear, etc.

So I am sorry if I talk of all this but it is part of this move. My cats are very happy to be with us. There is something I have to tell about one of my cats. His name is Romeo and he is really a Romeo, a cat that was always out doors and that was just coming at home to eat. But lately he was always at home, with us. I am sure that cats read our minds. He knew, I don't know why, that we were living and did not want to loose the possibility to eat free. ;) He stopped to go outside, like a true Romeo, and stay inside like a good cozy cat. I think cats are very, very intelligent. They don't like travels but if this is the only way to have a good meat, they will accept to go to hell for it. :)

My dear friends, finally I am here. I am so tired and exhausted. Very, extremely stressed. My dogs also. From a village of 20 zombies souls we are in the middle of a very popular neighborhood and with traffic, sounds, odors, etc. It is a shock. :shock: Hopefully we live in a apartment that is interior so we can sleep very well. I lived many sort of adventures but today I am too tired to talk about it. I just wanted to say hello, that I feel a little cut from reality, that I was more informed of everything living in my zombie village that here. But gradually I will become what I was. I need to recuperate my vitality. It is very hard for me to have a family of 6 members(my two dogs, my two cats, my canary and my husband) on my elbows and do everything alone. But it is because I feel tired that I complain.

I found a "locutorio", a place where you can come and do Internet, just near where I live. So I will try to start again a certain rhythm and follow how this world is going, reading Sott and coming here. It is so easy to forget the world when you are doing a move. I see people around me that just live, unaware of what is happening. They are tired also, like me. So easy to forget to think. So I am here, again.

Thanks for listening me. I am extremely happy to be here, again. I miss you. :-[

Hi Loreta, I'm glad you are well.

I hope you recover forces, then begin the search for artifacts. such that the Cassiopaeans have referred there in the Canary Islands or at least visit the church of the "Virgin of Candelaria" and give us your opinion.

Thanks for the update loreta. Hopefully the stress will lessen, and you'll get into a 'grove' really soon!

:)

Thanks for letting us know. I am sure your vitality will come back in full force once you are rested and settled in.

Take care of yourself, too. :)

loreta said:
My dear friends, finally I am here. I am so tired and exhausted. Very, extremely stressed. My dogs also. From a village of 20 zombies souls we are in the middle of a very popular neighborhood and with traffic, sounds, odors, etc. It is a shock...

Glad you arrived, animals in-tow, safe and sound. :)

Welcome to this corner of the world, Loreta and all family members :flowers:

I understand you so well, moving can be a huge challenge, particularly starting from a certain age where having to leave your friends, your cozy home and making new plans in search of a suitable nest maybe distressing during these particularly dreadful days. Then comes all the endless documents management which are so slow here, like the old Spanish saying goes, "mañana".

I enjoyed several moves through countries during my life, but the last one was an altogether different song because of the circumstances that led me to take this decision where I knew this time it would be different, without the usual excitement that used to be there in the expectation of wider horizons, as it further manifested itself to be true before I could adapt myself again to my new location. Nonetheless, the greatest help I found several months after my arrival here was me stumbling over Laura´s work, which revealed itself to be such an inestimable gift that came right in time and I´m glad you already have this tool to assimilate in the best possible way your latest experiences and share them.

Take great care of yourself Loreta and please, remind yourself I am here for whatever help you and your family may need, as I will be more than happy to provide it to you.

Have a good rest, Loreta, no doubt that will help. Know that a move is tiring, because you lose your daily routine for a while, but you will pick that up soon enough. It is like starting all over again in some ways. Also, know that you will probably feel much better a week from now. :)
All the best to your husband and your animals and you.

Added: What's the weather like?

Back
Top Bottom