I am finally moving the 3 of December 2013

Moving is always nerve wrecking IMO, Loreta, so I completely understand what you are going through. :)

But I think it is great that you and your family are leaving that small, hostile village behind. Good for you!

Mariama said:
Moving is always nerve wrecking IMO, Loreta, so I completely understand what you are going through. :)

But I think it is great that you and your family are leaving that small, hostile village behind. Good for you!

Same here. Have a great and safe move. :)

Thank you so much for your advises and encouragements. Things are going, and it seems that everything is taking his right place. One difficult thing was to talk to my landlord here, specially because his wife has just passed away one week ago. But he was very gentle and everything is ok. Another problem was the transportation of the rest of our things in boxes, I found a company and the price is not bad at all, around 230 euros for 2 cubic meters. We deliver just what is important, some books, others things. (I gave around 1000 books, so...). Another problem also is settle: to talk to my new landlord over there, in Las Palmas. I talked to him yesterday, everything seems ok. He is also very gentle and accepts without problem that I come with my two dogs and two cats. This is very good.

Thank you Edymon for your advise about the Flowers. I take lately Mimulus and it works very well. I will take Walnut.

Mrs. Tigersoap I didn't know that we can see whales and dolphins! This is one of my dreams: to see dolphins almost one time in my life. For sure we will go to Tenerife. In Tenerife there is also an Hotel from the same branch I worked in Barcelona, Hotel Catalonia, they were good bosses. I will leave there a CV. We never know...

This village, here, is worst than I thought. It was the death of Laika that opened my eyes to see how retarded they are, how hypocritical and how false. I was living in a dream, thinking that people who lives in a village near nature are saner than people who lives in a city, for example. This is not true. People here are hard, insensible, and ignorant about nature itself. I don't care, really. Let them be what they are, I am not here to make a difference.

Now I feel happy, in a sort of way, like when you are a child and you are waiting a surprise. I say every day goodbye to what is surrounding me: this little house that is like a friend and took care of us and accepted me and my solitude, my bed (that is so comfortable but I will not bring with me), my adorable work table that is staying here and that I will miss, the mountains around, the sky with so many stars, the silence that is marvelous. Bye bye everything. I am learning to leave material things, this is a lesson. When I gave my books I cried and then I accepted to leave them. A big lesson! when you love books. My husband also cut many things that were important for him, it is also a lesson for him.

I am very grateful to this forum that helps us in many ways. And I don't leave this forum here! So everything is ok. :D In many ways this forum helps us, to start with the health, for me the base of everything. Without health you can not move, you can not think, you can not see.

Thanks to everybody!

Pob said:
Good luck Loreta, hope all works out for you in your new surroundings.:)

Same here, loreta. I would like to caution you, however. Don't slip into an illusion that everything is going to be just great in your new location. I'm not trying to put a damper on your move, only for you to not get caught up in an illusion. As always, keep your eyes open and see things as they are. It does sound like there will be improvement from where you are now, though.

I wish the best for your move and your future. :)

When I moved from the U.S. to Armenia in 2006, I gave away a huge book collection, music collection, Ovation Viper III electric guitar and amps, etc., lots of expensive computer equipment for digital imaging, etc. So I can relate about not taking many things with you that were very dear to you. But in my case, it just wasn't practical for the move to bring that stuff, and I guess it's the same for you. Don't worry, you can slowly build up your book collection again.

I also wish you good luck Loreta and it does sound like an adventure to me!

SeekinTruth said:
When I moved from the U.S. to Armenia in 2006, I gave away a huge book collection, music collection, Ovation Viper III electric guitar and amps, etc., lots of expensive computer equipment for digital imaging, etc. So I can relate about not taking many things with you that were very dear to you. But in my case, it just wasn't practical for the move to bring that stuff, and I guess it's the same for you. Don't worry, you can slowly build up your book collection again.

The positive side of moving is imo getting rid of old stuff and could be a bit of psychological cleansing.

Gawan said:
The positive side of moving is imo getting rid of old stuff and could be a bit of psychological cleansing.

Yeah, there's definitely that aspect of it, as well. It actually is one of the good things about moving, you really clean out old stuff, besides usable stuff to give away, the amount of things you throw out is just amazing.

Loreta, I am excited for you. It seems so right :)

Your landlord? Yes, he was 'gentle' when he spoke to you. He felt your knowledge - your spirit. He is a lucky man for getting you and your family as tenants - and he knows it, I am sure.

I am looking forward to hearing about your new life once you are settled in.

And great news that it is having a positive effect on your husband.

:D

Nienna said:
Pob said:

Same here, loreta. I would like to caution you, however. Don't slip into an illusion that everything is going to be just great in your new location. I'm not trying to put a damper on your move, only for you to not get caught up in an illusion. As always, keep your eyes open and see things as they are. It does sound like there will be improvement from where you are now, though.

You are right. I am excited but I know that the paradise does not exist. And we still are in Spain, a very difficult country. And I am going to an isle. But change is good.
The Strawman said:
Loreta, I am excited for you. It seems so right :)

Your landlord? Yes, he was 'gentle' when he spoke to you. He felt your knowledge - your spirit. He is a lucky man for getting you and your family as tenants - and he knows it, I am sure.

I am looking forward to hearing about your new life once you are settled in.

And great news that it is having a positive effect on your husband.

:D

Yes, he is much much better. Because our move we are taking some homeopathic products that help us very much, give us energy. My little depression lift entirely thanks to this product and my husband since taking it have start to make some physical exercises, finally. It is incredible because during many years I was telling him the importance of doing some exercises.

SeekinTruth said:

It is a sort of cleaning. Sometimes objects are like little prisons, chains. Books are heavy. Many books now I can have them for my Kindle. Others I can buy them again if I find them. I spend a lot of money with my books and I see now that I spend too much. It is an addiction, and as an addiction it is there for something, an absence, a fear, something we don't want to see. To leave my books is a sort of therapy. I am able to say goodbye to a part of me that thought that without my books I was a void. I really don't know for sure. The addiction to books is amazing because to love books is something good. But when books are a sort of prison something does not work correctly.

My father also leave a lot of books when he move from one country to another. He started another library right away. He was addicted also to books and when he saw me reading was always very mad with me. :rolleyes:

I wish you the best for you and your husband Loreta, without forget all your little furry family, in this new adventure which open its steps in front of your feet. I also hope you will find what you're looking for, a place to stay. Keep us informed about your journey, new home and new life as soon as you can. ;)

From what you have told about loneliness and non communicable neighbours, I would bet then canarian inlanders could give you the proximity of people you have been missing these past years. They are very talkative in a gentle way, with a nice melodic and warm voice. And as you also like diversity, you´ll also meet with all kind of different nationalities, which are already installed here since many generations, mostly indian, african, arab and chinese people, some of them still wearing their traditional clothing. Besides, people here keep maintaining tight bonds with their huge family and friends circle, which surely accounts for their assertiveness and spontaneity, plus a temperate climate all along the year accounting for that, for sure.

Nienna said:
Pob said:

Well, that could be an opportunity to retest the difference between well minded people -but authoritarian nonetheless- and people struggling for real awareness about their surroundings and themselves. For example, my experience with living in Las Palmas half of my life showed me how easily I came to think of myself as someone owning a good character, which was far from the reality. What happened was that being raised in a strict and rigid family and country, I was blessed when coming in touch with these inlanders who doesn´t care much about self control. And that of course is a double edged sword, as everything else.

I´m happy you are on your road of making true one of your dreams and since I´ve also been on the move during my whole life, I corroborate with others here that relocating matches with the cleansing idea. And as I said, here I am should you need some assistance during your peregrination. :)

Thanks, thanks, thanks!!! These are good vibes you are make me feel with all your words and your wishes. :) It will be another experience, different, with more color I think and also near the ocean. The tempo will be different, also. The accent. I miss very much to be with people from around the world, this is something very important for me, to be near different cultures, I come from Quebec where I learned that the more different you are from me the more interesting you are for me. And this is something I miss here for too many years.

I appreciate your sharing so very much, and am so glad this landlord is tolerant of the animals. I am also inspired by you since I am moving, alone,to parts unknown as of yet. Being in the U.S.A. is very different than the Canary Islands, and I have to say being in your shoes sounds petty good.
I am also an addict of books and if you and others can part with them, so can I. You have really came a long way, to be able to let go of all those precious things that bring so much comfort, like your bed and worktable. I am finding it difficult to know just how much to take with me, and you have certainly helped, sharing your strength in letting go, because it can and has been a prison to a degree for me. Holding on to these things.
I think you have made a profound and wise move and I wish you clear observance and easy adaptation to your new surroundings. Please continue to let us know how you are faring, and husband too. I think the animals will love wherever you two are. They are fortunate to have found you and I'll bet they let you know it. Maybe the RockRose can wait a while!

\

Back
Top Bottom