I started writing on Substack

I subscribed and I look forward to reading your next post. I like this bit especially:

“[ subjectivism and scientism] Both are wrong, again, in their belief that their idea of how all this works is the whole story.

Not even close.

Both camps have just blown up some obvious observations into silly all-encompassing theories that severely limit their access to Reality.”

😆

Great second article Luc. Both topics you have covered so far have been on my mind recently.

What I have appreciated in both your pieces of writing so far is how they introduce simple language with which to understand the topics and linguistic tools to potentially bring the concepts into a personal conversation.

I often feel like I want to be able to stimulate other peoples thinking about ontological and epistemological issues but don’t have either a requisite depth of understanding nor language skills to discuss them. I think your illustrations (not the graphic kind) make fundamental but deep topics easily accessible to a wider audience. So I will keep reading, I occasionally need to consult a dictionary but not so much that it’s a burden.

I'm subscribing. The subject domain you're writing in really appeals. I have the Russia/Ukraine and Covid substack territory covered well, as you said, so you are for sure off the hook for those, lol! Learning as you are writing on your weekly schedule, a good practice, that discipline, too.

@luc I wanted to tell you how much I appreciated your most recent essay:

I posted it on my small community board and it was well received. One thanked me for posting it, so, I am steering those thanks back to you, where they belong. Besides a thank you, this was the rest of their comment:

"Wow. That was incredibly well written and clear as a bell."

Another interesting one you wrote:

What Is a Woman?

Definitions don't help. And this makes gender ideology even more dangerous.

Snip:
We risk losing the bottomless richness of our intuitive, non-verbal understanding of what a woman is. The kind of knowledge that is as sure as it gets, and because of that, cannot be expressed in words.

In short, we risk losing the history of the entire cosmos; our connection to the infinite depth of our existence, to every experience we have from cradle to grave; to our entire history, society, dreams, drives, feelings, aspirations; our connection to something higher, above our whims, to true love.

We not only lose some biological definition. We lose All and Everything.
👍

Spiritual Sight: How to See the Unseen

Thank you Luc for your latest Substack article! As you quite rightly say, lists can never capture the depths and subtleties of spiritual growth, but I nevertheless found yours to be a most helpful reminder of what should be kept in mind when striving to 'see the unseen'.

I also particularly appreciated your thoughts on paranormal phenomena as exceptional cases where the unseen world 'crashes' into the material world. I wonder: what do you make of so-called 'synchronicities'? Can these be indicative of 'goings on' in the non-material realm, trying to give us a helping hand (or not, as the case may be)?

Spiritual Sight: How to See the Unseen

Thank you Luc for your latest Substack article! As you quite rightly say, lists can never capture the depths and subtleties of spiritual growth, but I nevertheless found yours to be a most helpful reminder of what should be kept in mind when striving to 'see the unseen'.

I also particularly appreciated your thoughts on paranormal phenomena as exceptional cases where the unseen world 'crashes' into the material world. I wonder: what do you make of so-called 'synchronicities'? Can these be indicative of 'goings on' in the non-material realm, trying to give us a helping hand (or not, as the case may be)?

Thank you, @Il Matto.

I think such things can convey useful information sometimes. The trick is to make a mental note of it, maybe think of potential meanings, and keep it in the back of your mind so that you can come back to it in light of new information or observations. This is better than obsessing over it or getting identified with the synchronicity or one particular interpretation. Then again, this is also true for thoughts and observations in general: notice them, keep them in the back of your mind without getting too hung up on them, and come back to them when appropriate. OSIT

The trick is to make a mental note of it, maybe think of potential meanings, and keep it in the back of your mind so that you can come back to it in light of new information or observations. This is better than obsessing over it or getting identified with the synchronicity or one particular interpretation. Then again, this is also true for thoughts and observations in general: notice them, keep them in the back of your mind without getting too hung up on them, and come back to them when appropriate. OSIT
Yes, I'm very much in agreement with you on that! For myself, I find it helpful to jot down thoughts, observations etc in my journal at the end of the day, but I've certainly known people who try to see, well, almost everything as 'signs' in one way or another! Amusingly, such signs for such people rarely contradict whatever it is that they are hoping for.. !

Back
Top Bottom