Ides of March

Thanks for the reminder! Similar as @loreta I also had a good day. Had an essential meeting with my brother. We are on our way to establish a good brother-sister relationship. Something that was not easy due to our a little bit difficult parents. But now we are on to it - so a good day to remember Caesar!

Let me too recall a very 'interesting' event that suddenly occured to me yesterday morning whilst having my coffee at breakfast.
I was 'reminded' to check my payment transfer for my dental treatment. So i re-read my instructions to my bank in TRNC. Naturally it is very expensive and my dentist is 3rd best in the world following Dr Klinghardts ART procedures thankfully.
Well I had paid the total amount in sterling and not the euros requested!
This was a difference of over 3300 euros! (Earmarked towards my solar, off grid house project)

So this morning when they heard about the wallet trauma the partner dentist immediately went to his bank and gave me my much needed refund!

I have always maintained we are never alone, and the more people we altruistically help expecting nothing in return, the more helper remember this. Proof to the nicer meaning of what goes around comes around, when intentions are genuinely pure.
But today is Caesar's Day, so who knows? ❤️🤭😇❤️‍🩹🥰

Belated thanks for the reminder. I have about the same prayer / thought in mind like what was posted by iamthatis: May we be / become true to our own nature and fear nothing!

So I remember Caesar and also wish the best for 'his buddy', that he manages to do what he has set out to do.

As do I. And there's the presidential election in Russia at the moment. Hoping for the best ...

Beware the Ides of March…On 15 March—just down the road from our home—at 5.55pm a car took out a lamppost then crossed the median strip to demolish a heavy duty stain less steel bike rack (installed into concrete), smash through a corner of a concrete building to then crash through the aluminium encased glass doors of a restaurant. A diner saw the car coming and managed to leap just enough out of the way to not get herself killed, instead she has a broken pelvis. The car was stopped by the rear wall of the restaurant as it gave way to the bathrooms behind it.
This happened just at the end of our road. It was all very strange.

This is an image that is part of the iconography of Julius Caesar, is an image generated by AI as part of the study of reassembly of Roman emperors. We must be clear that it is certainly one of the possibilities of reality but it offers another interesting perspective to observe, from my point of view it creates a effect of closeness and sympathy towards something more objective

cesar IA.png

I don't know the exact source of the sculpture and the directions for making the image, but I know that it was made with an algorithm based on a system of two competing GAN neural networks (the Generator and the Discriminator). Given a set of target samples, the Generator tries to produce samples that can fool the Discriminator into believing they are real. The Discriminator attempts to solve real (target) samples from fake (generated) samples.
In the linked page there are other references that give a general idea. (Note that the emperors begin with Augustus and and there is no picture of Julius Caesar to make a comparison)

Beware the Ides of March…On 15 March—just down the road from our home—at 5.55pm a car took out a lamppost then crossed the median strip to demolish a heavy duty stain less steel bike rack (installed into concrete), smash through a corner of a concrete building to then crash through the aluminium encased glass doors of a restaurant. A diner saw the car coming and managed to leap just enough out of the way to not get herself killed, instead she has a broken pelvis. The car was stopped by the rear wall of the restaurant as it gave way to the bathrooms behind it.
This happened just at the end of our road. It was all very strange.
I have read an updated report of the incident and it said Police likely won’t be pressing charges as the driver suffered a medical event.

Scrolling through this thread and remembered I also saved an interesting photo comparison montage/meme that I wanted to share here, last week.
My husband and I deeply enjoyed the watching the series, “Rome”, when it aired, and I seem to recall that we may have purchased the complete series on DVD’s, when the show was canceled.

It was back in the day, before “binge watching”became a thing, and we had to wait a week between episodes.
CB724371-7274-40A5-9F89-9075D02ABF5C.jpeg

This is an image that is part of the iconography of Julius Caesar, is an image generated by AI as part of the study of reassembly of Roman emperors. We must be clear that it is certainly one of the possibilities of reality but it offers another interesting perspective to observe, from my point of view it creates a effect of closeness and sympathy towards something more objective

View attachment 93295

I don't know the exact source of the sculpture and the directions for making the image, but I know that it was made with an algorithm based on a system of two competing GAN neural networks (the Generator and the Discriminator). Given a set of target samples, the Generator tries to produce samples that can fool the Discriminator into believing they are real. The Discriminator attempts to solve real (target) samples from fake (generated) samples.
In the linked page there are other references that give a general idea. (Note that the emperors begin with Augustus and and there is no picture of Julius Caesar to make a comparison)
looks like Douglas Murray

Attachments

• 20144_douglas-murray-main2_article_image.jpg
    20144_douglas-murray-main2_article_image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 7
There is a thread about what Caesar may have looked like here. He probably had dark hair and eyes according to the discussion there.

View attachment 93295

One of those times when AI didn't make someone black or transgender. But I guess that since the PTB didn't like him, AI is going to make him look like a white supremacist with toxic masculinity or something.

There is a thread about what Caesar may have looked like here. He probably had dark hair and eyes accordi
Thanks for making me aware of this thread, I was not aware of it and the truth is that I have been surprised by many things like the similarities of Ark with Caesar, the deep physical resemblance with Putin and Caesar's black eyes which I was suspicious of.
What made me approach to see Caesar with this interpretation (IA), is more than perceiving it as an simple icon or an image beauty but inert and distant stone, may also be very close to what Laura says:
According to the ancient sources, Caesar (like Sulla) was blessed with the "Bloom of Venus", i.e. VERY HANDSOME.

So, people should keep that in mind when looking at supposed "recreations."

I, too, like the Arles bust the best and it certainly is of a handsome man.

I think Jones' interpretation is also very accurate because the physical perspective tends to be not just biased, too idealizing (entelechy) especially when I went back to look for the context with the other emperors, and yes, they seem more some specimens of mythological men: Aryan, Viking or Nordic type, which replaces the "white, hetero and toxic." who knows, maybe PTB intentions are beginning to change.

Attachments

• Commodus.png
    Commodus.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
  • Augustus.png
    Augustus.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 8
  • Hadrian.png
    Hadrian.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 8
  • Nerva.png
    Nerva.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 7
My husband and I deeply enjoyed the watching the series, “Rome”
But I guess that since the PTB didn't like him, AI is going to make him look like a white supremacist with toxic masculinity or something.

Yes, the PTB doesn't like him and to reinforce their dislike, PBS is launching a new series to cement vilification of who he was - show description in today's paper:

Julius Caesar: The Making of a Dictator
The dramatic story of how nearly five centuries of ancient Roman democracy was overthrown in just 16 years by one man is at the heart of this new historical miniseries. In the first episode, Julius Caesar (Andonis Anthony) enters into dangerous alliances and bends the rules to get his way.

And just after Easter, too.

cesar-ia-png.93295

Having recently watched reruns of Sex and the City, I see Mikhail Baryshnikov - his eyes particularly! I was under the impression that it was determined that Caesar had blue eyes?

Back
Top Bottom