Illness requesting advice

I personally would be careful with paracetamol or NSAID drugs (like ibuprofen). Especially viruses are very susceptible to higher temperatures, their replication is vastly reduced, so there is a beneficial effect of fever.

There was a controversial study published many years ago (I’ve never been able to find the original publication, so take that with a grain of salt) that looked at the Spanish Flu 1917 - during the course of this epidemic Aspirin was introduced to the troops, and apparently mortality ramped up massively. Of course this could also have had a number of other reasons (trench disease, poisoned gases, malnutrition etc.).

I personally just bear the temperature, even if a bit uncomfortable. There is of course a point where you have to intervene, something above 40 deg C, but then I probably would start trying to lower it more gently with maybe vinegar socks, and if that doesn’t work, to use paracetamol then, but first at a reduced dose. The problem is that fever gets totally knocked out with paracetamol very quickly and once the effect starts to subside, it comes back quickly too. So you get into a seesaw temperature effect.

Anyway, my personal thoughts on this.
Thanks for the advice Nicklebleu I'll bear this in mind. I won't take them if I can bear the symptoms I've been experiencing. Its been a rough week though so far but we'll see what today brings. I've just woken up without a screaming headache for tg
I need to be there for my wife who's very worried about the whole covid affair but this illness has stopped me in my tracks.
Just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery, Thebull!
Thank you for your kind words.

Attention l'ibuprofène est un anti-inflammatoire à ne surtout pas prendre si on pense avoir le coronavirus...
Le paracétamol est préférable...

Beware, ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory drug that should not be taken if you think you have coronavirus...
Paracetamol is preferable...

Hi everyone! I hope you recover soon Thebull !!
I would advise the grandmother's remedy, two cups per day of bone broth, it will provide you with the necessary nutrients to further strengthen your immune system.

Apart from some supplements, it is routine for me to squeeze an orange juice in the morning and a good bone broth daily throughout the winter.

I take advantage of your thread, I hope it does not bother you, to ask for advice about the recommended dose of vitamin C for pregnant women.
I am 22 weeks pregnant, I start now the 6th month, I feel good, I have been locked up at home for 6 days, only small outings without any contact with anyone to walk my dog, I live in a town near Barcelona,
and I supplement from the beginning of pregnancy with a vitamin complex that provides:
folic acid 400ug
vitamin B12 2.5ug
vitamin B6 1.4 mg
vitamin B1 1.1 mg
vitamin B2 1.4 mg
vitamin B3 16 mg
pantothenic acid 6 mg
biotin 50 ug
vitamin C 40mg
Iodine 200 ug
iron 28 mg
zinc 10 mg
selenium 55 ug
omega -3 (DHA) 200 mg

Would it be advisable to increase Vitamin C ?? considering that I have already increased the intake of foods that provide this vitamin

in my state I cannot experiment too much with my body, but my husband is taking more Vitamin C and lugol (doing the protocol) than usual

Do you think that if infected with the covid-19 virus, taking lugol in large quantities could help to combat it?

I also wonder if it would be good, in the same assumption, to take MSM to combat inflammation of the respiratory tract apart from prednisone that has already been discussed in some other thread on the forum.

Thank you very much to all!
Take good care of yourself Thebull!
Take good care of all of you, hug !!!

I’m starting to recover after having the flu/Covid whatever you would like to call it. Probably I first noticed Saturday that I was off colour but it started in earnest Monday tickly cough, aches all over bad headache. Headache and body aches got worse though the cough never developed. Culminating in Wednesday night when I developed my highest temp though wouldn’t say it was a fever severe body aches and headache where I though if I moved I’d vomit then since then fingers crossed improved. This morning cold and sniffles coming out which I hope is a good sign though I better make sure I have that under control before I venture outside into the paranoid pandemic obsessed world. Thanks for all the advice and support I received here.

I’m starting to recover after having the flu/Covid whatever you would like to call it. Probably I first noticed Saturday that I was off colour but it started in earnest Monday tickly cough, aches all over bad headache. Headache and body aches got worse though the cough never developed. Culminating in Wednesday night when I developed my highest temp though wouldn’t say it was a fever severe body aches and headache where I though if I moved I’d vomit then since then fingers crossed improved. This morning cold and sniffles coming out which I hope is a good sign though I better make sure I have that under control before I venture outside into the paranoid pandemic obsessed world. Thanks for all the advice and support I received here.
So for all the numbers in your country we should add 1 with a star? 🤗 Did you have a test? How is your family? Please be vigilant and don’t try ride out the flu if it starts to show signs of complications.

So for all the numbers in your country we should add 1 with a star? 🤗 Did you have a test? How is your family? Please be vigilant and don’t try ride out the flu if it starts to show signs of complications.
No tests here at present afaik unless your hospitalised. Wife and son are in good health at present I've been in a separate room and limiting contact.
Going to try and blast the infection again today with high dose vit c.

Sounds to me like Corona Virus.

Hi,

Here is one article I´ve found about corona virus symptoms:
"The two main symptoms of coronavirus to look out for are a continuous dry cough and/or a fever.

"If you're sneezing a lot, got a runny nose or a headache, you may be ill, but you've probably not got coronavirus.

Maybe virus is mutated so that running nose and headache can also be a symptom....?

I´m following Laura´s suggestion; when I´m felling like I might go down with some illness, I make myself a sodium bicarb with lemon mix....
I also drink elderberry syrup every day, at least one dosage of sodium bicarb (when feeling down I increase the dosage to 2-3) and VitC supplement.

Get well soon.... :flowers:

That's the point! how do they tell in this country unless your hostpitalised then tested.
I don’t know what country is that, but it is always good to refresh all information regarding the plan of action as practiced by medical insurance/state health system or both or whatever it is, before assuming the worst.

Haven't gotten tested, but feel like it maybe the corona virus because of a sudden very bad sore throat and headache. I took over 10,000 mg of liposomal vit C yesterday. Basically, whenever I feel symptoms, I'll take more vitamin C and perhaps have 1\2 teaspoon of baking soda. Had the strangest experience last night of symptoms worsening, then I could feel this energy surge through my body which I assume was a strong immune response. Have been taking vitamin C and baking soda all week but not in so quite high doses. I 'll see if I can do the drive through testing.

Haven't gotten tested, but feel like it maybe the corona virus because of a sudden very bad sore throat and headache. I took over 10,000 mg of liposomal vit C yesterday. Basically, whenever I feel symptoms, I'll take more vitamin C and perhaps have 1\2 teaspoon of baking soda. Had the strangest experience last night of symptoms worsening, then I could feel this energy surge through my body which I assume was a strong immune response. Have been taking vitamin C and baking soda all week but not in so quite high doses. I 'll see if I can do the drive through testing.
Do you have a Hotline or a whatsapp number you can contact first?

Most likely but with the symptoms i had, because they were so attenuated with the vitamin C and baking soda, I think that I would be told I don't meet criteria to test. However, I do work in a hospital and don't want to pass this on. Also don't want to waste a test on curiosity though. Haven't been to work since last weekend.

Back
Top Bottom