I'm losing weight!

hithere said:
RedFox said:
Thanks for the info Ellipse and andi, will see what I can find in my area (which reminds me I need to look into massage/body work too).

Ellipse said:
Where this pain is located exactly ?
The right side of my body, underneath my ribs. The exact place you'd have pain if you have gall stones. Just below the liver and to the right of the stomach.

Have you taken a serum test for Helicobacter Pylori? This is the bacterial agent behind ulcers in the stomach and duodenum.

I didn't know you could get a serum test for that. I had come across that bacteria in my research some months ago, which is when I started taking ginger (kills the bacteria and promoted digestion), peppermint oil (kills bacteria and some fungus and promotes stomach acid production and digestion) and a digestive aid (designed to boost stomach acid). Apparently Helicobacter Pylori infections in your stomach can reduce stomach acid production....which would mean that they could then set up residence in your small intestine due to it not being acidic enough.

Combining those with the sluggish liver protocol has really improved my health in general, along with my digestion.
Before I'd just focused on one area at once (i.e. just digestion)...seems I had to work on my liver/stomach acid/over all digestion and possible bacterial/candida infection all at once.

As I've been experimenting with sleeping in complete darkness, I'm starting to conclude this may actually be the biggest remaining contributing factor to these problems left....but I could be wrong.

The test detects immune antibodies against Hel. P. by a process called Polymerase Chain Reaction, and is commonly available in Scandinavia and probably elsewhere as well. If it is positive it might mean that you have had an earlier infevtion and are now cured, or that you have an ongoing infection. If you have pain/discomfort from upper abdomen and/or dark stools it is probable that you have an ongoing infection. The cure is 3 types of antibiotics for one week.

Just in case no one mentioned it before, another good source of delicious and high in fat meat is beef tongue. It's easy to prepare (just cook it in water or with herbs or veggies and then remove the skin) and really great with buckwheat or quinoa blinis. I usually just cook it as it is and then make thin slices to go on top of quinoa blinis.

Redfox, see if you can find a brand of instant potatoes that doesn't have a load of evil stuff in it. Try having some at lunch and dinner. It is a VERY low residue food and, even if nightshades give you problems, you may be able to tolerate it and get some weight.

Thanks for the suggestions hithere and Keit.

Laura said:
Redfox, see if you can find a brand of instant potatoes that doesn't have a load of evil stuff in it. Try having some at lunch and dinner. It is a VERY low residue food and, even if nightshades give you problems, you may be able to tolerate it and get some weight.

I did wonder about potato when you mention you and Ark eat it. One question, does it have to be instant or can I make my own?
What I may try is making a mash, then frying little potato cakes in lard (I miss potato waffles!)....that way the fat content would help with tolerance.

RedFox said:

Laura said:

I did wonder about potato when you mention you and Ark eat it. One question, does it have to be instant or can I make my own?
What I may try is making a mash, then frying little potato cakes in lard (I miss potato waffles!)....that way the fat content would help with tolerance.

RedFox, I've been eating a lot of potatoes and it's been helping me keep my weight up. In the mornings I'll sometimes have mashed potatoes and bacon, plus blinis. Tasty!

Keit said:
Just in case no one mentioned it before, another good source of delicious and high in fat meat is beef tongue. It's easy to prepare (just cook it in water or with herbs or veggies and then remove the skin) and really great with buckwheat or quinoa blinis. I usually just cook it as it is and then make thin slices to go on top of quinoa blinis.

quinoa blinis?!

With quinoa flour?

Redfox said:

Great idea, I'm going to try that!

I would bypass the instant purée mixes and make a big pot of mashed taters, then pull some out of the fridge whenever you want to fry it up.

Kniall said:
Keit said:

quinoa blinis?!

With quinoa flour?

Indeed you can make delicious blinis with quinoa flour.

Most of the time, I put 75% of buckwheat flour and 25% of quinoa flour for my blinis. Sometimes I use amaranth flour too.

Gandalf said:
Indeed you can make delicious blinis with quinoa flour.

Most of the time, I put 75% of buckwheat flour and 25% of quinoa flour for my blinis. Sometimes I use amaranth flour too.

Yes, you can use flours other than buckwheat for blinis - I use amaranth and quinoa flours rather than buckwheat since I don't tolerate it well.

RedFox said:

Laura said:

Well, try instant and real ones and see how they do. They must be peeled. We sometimes grate them and fry in duck fat which is very nice.

Kniall said:
quinoa blinis?!

With quinoa flour?

Yep. And actually like them much better than buckwheat ones. They can't be made into rolls because their consistency is even less sticky than buckwheat, but they are really good as pancakes.

Laura said:
RedFox said:

Laura said:

Well, try instant and real ones and see how they do. They must be peeled. We sometimes grate them and fry in duck fat which is very nice.
Will have to try that!
I pealed, boiled and mashed some real ones tonight, made a few little patties of the mash, dusted them in buckwheat flour and fried them in beef tallow (they fell appart, but where a lovely chrispy mess of mash). So far so good.
Will see how I get on with the rest tommorow.....will be working out how to make them more waffle like if it goes ok! :)

Back
Top Bottom