I'm thinking about purchasing a gun...

Mikha'El

Jedi
Hey all, just looking for some comments and remarks.

Recently U.S. President Joe Biden made some comments about insurrection in the United States and joked about how the American people would need F-15's and nuclear capabilities if they wanted to overthrow the government.

Biden: To Take On Government 'You Need F-15's And Maybe Some Nuclear Weapons'

My first reaction to this was that I felt that I needed to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights as provided by the Constitution and purchase a firearm while I still can.

Tomorrow, July 17th, I will be attending a gun show and I was wondering what you all think about gun ownership and is it inviting violence into my life.

I can't remember if the C's have ever said anything about gun ownership...

A gun is nothing when I can't use it. But I understand what you are saying. I decided to take up my Jodo training again. It has been a long time since i did Jodo, but it is fun and really usefull. U only need a broomstick... It doesn't help when the other has a gun, of course.

A gun is nothing when I can't use it. But I understand what you are saying. I decided to take up my Jodo training again. It has been a long time since i did Jodo, but it is fun and really usefull. U only need a broomstick... It doesn't help when the other has a gun, of course.
I've studied Shaolin Kung Fu and Kenpo. I can use practically anything as a weapon now, but you hit the nail on the head...what if the other guy has a gun?

I have a "distance weapon", too. A Flashlight with 20000 lumen and a strobe-mode. Hope to give me some minutes time while the other is blind... and i know, this is still not adequate...
Ah, that's something I hadn't considered. Makes sense. It's hard to aim a gun at someone if you can't see.

I'm sure they will have some things like that at the gun show.

Ah, that's something I hadn't considered. Makes sense. It's hard to aim a gun at someone if you can't see.

I'm sure they will have some things like that at the gun show.
You will surely find it at a gun show. Be prepared to spend some bucks. there are really cheap ones with insane lumens - but they won*t last long! Something out of metal is a weapon in itself (besides the light). I already used mine to drive a nail in a wall - without any problems.

I have some liberal friends, watchers of CNN, and when I talk to them, it seems to be a big thing that the CNN types are hammering. That there is going to be a revolution, and Trump types are coming for them. It is to the point of hysteria. So I would not get too hyped up about it.

That does not mean to not get a gun, but to do it with a clear mind, not following any Left/Libtard hype. My two cents, anyway...

I have some liberal friends, watchers of CNN, and when I talk to them, it seems to be a big thing that the CNN types are hammering. That there is going to be a revolution, and Trump types are coming for them. It is to the point of hysteria. So I would not get too hyped up about it.

That does not mean to not get a gun, but to do it with a clear mind, not following any Left/Libtard hype. My two cents, anyway...
Mikha'El didn*t seem to be hysterical or explicitly liberal in his post about any type of revolution. I think it was only the thought about being able to defend oneself propperly. At least that was what I understood.

Recently U.S. President Joe Biden made some comments about insurrection in the United States and joked about how the American people would need F-15's and nuclear capabilities if they wanted to overthrow the government.

My first reaction to this was that I felt that I needed to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights as provided by the Constitution and purchase a firearm while I still can.

Tomorrow, July 17th, I will be attending a gun show and I was wondering what you all think about gun ownership and is it inviting violence into my life.

I have been thinking about getting a gun also. I live in NM . The gun laws here are not as harsh as many of the other states. I do feel the need to get a gun. I here people shooting quite a lot in my area and I do not want to be without any protection when people become more violent and desperate then they all ready are. I was raised around guns and my dad always reminded us that there is only one rule to remember, never pull a gun on anyone unless you are going to kill them. I agree %100.

On September 24th 2001, Laura asked the C's about owning a gun:
Q: (L) Do we have any particular worries at the present moment, aside from financial worries? I mean like is the FBI going to come knocking at our door and try to inject us with some kind of name and number chip under our skin. Or are they going to try and come and muscle us out of here or do you see any such danger ahead of us? Or am I just being overly-imaginative?
A: No, but keep watch.
Q: (L) Should we buy a gun to have on hand in the house?
A: No.
Q: (L) Settled that. I didn't want one anyway. But you just never know. I mean I don't even like shooting. Yucky [...]
However, purchasing a gun is entirely up to you, just keep in mind that the place of safety is a hyperdimensional state of being acquired by knowledge, awareness, networking, etc.
Q: (L) Is the place of safety a physical location on the planet?

A: No.

Q: (L) Is the place of safety a hyperdimensional state of being?

A: Yes.

Um, if you are going firearms shopping, do shop around on price and try lots of rentals to find the right 'fit' - I don't think you'll find any 'deals' at a gun show.

I bought my first gun in April 2020, built a modest firearms collection, and consistently trained with them over the last year. At this point... I don't know what using firearms will accomplish. The notion of 'resisting with guns blazing' seems to be a very good way to be branded as a 'violent extremist' and then hunted down like a dog. Range trips have been nice in that with the required hearing protection, it can be very serene and calming - but then one needs to detox from all that lead and such. The best way to deal with violence is to avoid it as much as possible with situational awareness, IMO... Even with guns and training, I can't say for sure that I'd pull the trigger if, DCM forbid, the situation called for it.

1. Does it really matter what President Biden says? If he would say the flats equipped with gas stoves will explode and whole buildings will catch fire would you buy a parachute?
2. Are you physically, mentally and emotionally ok to wound, seriously wound or even kill someone even if in self defense? Have you ever pictured yourself in the aftermath, leaning over someone you have just seriously injured?
3. Have you ever thought that you might get ovepowered by someone armed with a knife, wounded and then shot with your own gun?

Back
Top Bottom