I'm thinking about purchasing a gun...

On September 24th 2001, Laura asked the C's about owning a gun:

However, purchasing a gun is entirely up to you, just keep in mind that the place of safety is a hyperdimensional state of being acquired by knowledge, awareness, networking, etc.
Thank you very much, Natus Videre, to bring that back to the mind! They are always quite clear about things... I stick to Jodo (pun intended).

I have been thinking about getting a gun also. I live in NM . The gun laws here are not as harsh as many of the other states. I do feel the need to get a gun. I here people shooting quite a lot in my area and I do not want to be without any protection when people become more violent and desperate then they all ready are. I was raised around guns and my dad always reminded us that there is only one rule to remember, never pull a gun on anyone unless you are going to kill them. I agree %100.

I've been thinking the same for a handful of years. I'm in Canuckistan, so protection/self-defense is not considered a valid reason to seek a gun. Fortunately, I live in a rural part of QC where hunting is common, so getting security training and a firearm license wasn't much of a challenge, just a hassle.

Last summer, after a couple months of lockdown (and increased bullet/firearm scarcity, logistical challenges) I realized I needed to make a move, even if only for food security, so I sent the request to the GRC (feds/FBI). I had to wait about 4-5 months (double the usual delay) to receive the license.

Even though I consider armed self-defense legitimate and that the Crown has no authority in claiming otherwise, I do not expect or wish to use a firearm for self-defense. I got a long-barrel, large caliber bolt-action (the opposite of what you'd want in a gun tactical defense) as I mostly only cared for long-range effectiveness for hunting. I could kind of imagine an antimaterial use against say, a car engine or a street transformer, but that's really stretching it - mostly, I wanted to be able to punch through steel at a distance.

Unfortunately, .50 BMG is highly regulated in Canada, so I got something more 'reasonable', a 6.5mm Creedmoor, still hard-hitting enough for any game in North America, and hoping to eventually ping metal plates at a half-mile. I haven't trained with that specific caliber much yet, but at least it's there in my toolbox and I was able to start learning the essentials of caring for a firearm.

I don't know when the wave will hit or if we'll be able to feed on sunlight, but what I do know is that I plan not to starve before my time. Only if I had to.

Last edited:
Um, if you are going firearms shopping, do shop around on price and try lots of rentals to find the right 'fit' - I don't think you'll find any 'deals' at a gun show.

I bought my first gun in April 2020, built a modest firearms collection, and consistently trained with them over the last year. At this point... I don't know what using firearms will accomplish. The notion of 'resisting with guns blazing' seems to be a very good way to be branded as a 'violent extremist' and then hunted down like a dog. Range trips have been nice in that with the required hearing protection, it can be very serene and calming - but then one needs to detox from all that lead and such. The best way to deal with violence is to avoid it as much as possible with situational awareness, IMO... Even with guns and training, I can't say for sure that I'd pull the trigger if, DCM forbid, the situation called for it.
Related note...

Since I was young, I've had recurring "escape dreams", usually involving escaping from a prison, psychiatric institution, whatever, involving systematically evading and eliminating threats and obstructions.

After putting the dream crystal under my pillow, I had another one of these "escape dreams". This time, instead of it ending with disappearing off wherever or being shot dead by whoever, after shooting a few people and running off, there was a sort of rewind button, a simulated, "What if I hadn't shot them?" It turns out that, in that dream, guns weren't the solution, leaving me with, "You didn't have to shoot them," upon waking. I haven't had one of those "escape dreams" since.

Castaneda's The Fire From Within said:
To be defeated by a small-fry petty tyrant is not deadly, but devastating. Warriors who succumb to a small-fry petty tyrant are obliterated by their own sense of failure and unworthiness.

Anyone who joins the petty tyrant is defeated. To act in anger, without control and discipline, to have no forbearance, is to be defeated.

After warriors are defeated they either regroup themselves or they abandon the quest for knowledge and join the ranks of the petty tyrants for life.

I am country, at heart. Two 12ga shotguns (clay pigeon shooting), one 30-30 rifle (dated around 1890, an actual buffalo gun, still shoots great, hunted many local deer/pig), one 9mm and one 10mm pistols (shoot targets and one rattle snake) and one high powered air rifle .22 Cal (for squirrel and bird hunting). I have to admit, am a really good shot with any of them, scarily good. Like I was in a war or fighting situation in a previous life here in this reality.

Could I defend myself? I am sorry to say yes, I could, but only at a last resort. I would be more interested in hunting for food rather than other souls. To note: We have purchased extra ammo beyond what we would normally have on-hand, we are worried.

Please Note: It will be my sorriest day if/when I have to take another’s life. I really hope that I am not in a situation like this, but it may not be my choice. If someone shoots at me and misses, I will shoot back, and more than likely, I will not miss.

Do I implore anyone to go out and buy a gun, no. There is a great responsibility in owning a gun. Haiku …

However, purchasing a gun is entirely up to you, just keep in mind that the place of safety is a hyperdimensional state of being acquired by knowledge, awareness, networking, etc.
Keeping this in mind, in my opinion, the C's may have been referring to shooting at the FBI as counter-productive as an approach. They can then label the org a terrorist org, defamation, and whole thing gets buried easily.

Would it be useful to have a gun in case there's a home intruder, serious unrest, protest and people breaking into houses, or the need to hunt? Sure. Get one while you can, take a few courses and get trained and comfortable with it, and know your laws. A first aid class, or bleeding control class wont hurt either. Your choice, at the end of the day, but if someone comes at you with a gun, fighting back with a flashlight won't cut it, you can still get hit if they roughly aim at the light.

Related note...

Since I was young, I've had recurring "escape dreams", usually involving escaping from a prison, psychiatric institution, whatever, involving systematically evading and eliminating threats and obstructions.

After putting the dream crystal under my pillow, I had another one of these "escape dreams". This time, instead of it ending with disappearing off wherever or being shot dead by whoever, after shooting a few people and running off, there was a sort of rewind button, a simulated, "What if I hadn't shot them?" It turns out that, in that dream, guns weren't the solution, leaving me with, "You didn't have to shoot them," upon waking. I haven't had one of those "escape dreams" since.
I find this very interesting, since I have the same type of dream from time to time. I've come to interpret the "gun" as the way out of the problem or the solution, purely symbolic of course, but typically a successful one. I will remember to rethink the approach next time I have one of these dreams :lol:

Do I implore anyone to go out and buy a gun, no. There is a great responsibility in owning a gun. Haiku …

Flick of a trigger,
Blazing metal thunderbolt
What are you doing ???

To note: We have purchased extra ammo beyond what we would normally have on-hand, we are worried.
That was one of the main factors that convinced me to make a move. In Canada you need the firearm acquisition license in order to buy the ammo, so I went the whole way right away.

With the US ammo shortage, the situation in here isn't much better, and I figured that if I could find them, the bullets would be a better investment than fiat anyways. I might have been wrong (prices didn't seem to change much in the last year) but a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush...

You don't say what jurisdiction you are in (and I am not asking). I live in a jurisdiction where the law is "open carry" meaning anyone can carry a gun, concealed or otherwise.

However.

I would strongly recommend you attend a concealed carry license course wherever you are. You will not learn about your gun, you will learn about the law. Very important. And very context sensitive (i.e. depends on where you live). The worst case scenario is that you find yourself in a situation where you feel compelled to use (or even just "brandish") your firearm, only to find yourself in jail.

I will add a little more history and then do some replies. Thank you for all the feedback.

I recently moved out here to the desert and in the two years that I have been here four people have died to gun fire all within one mile of my home (most of it officer involved). There have also been some home invasions. So I am a bit on edge to begin with, then add the leftist crazy talk about using nuclear weapons to defend against insurrection just kind of pushed me over the edge. I've been considering purchasing a firearm for years and I have gone shooting a few times with friends.

I have some liberal friends, watchers of CNN, and when I talk to them, it seems to be a big thing that the CNN types are hammering. That there is going to be a revolution, and Trump types are coming for them. It is to the point of hysteria. So I would not get too hyped up about it.

That does not mean to not get a gun, but to do it with a clear mind, not following any Left/Libtard hype. My two cents, anyway...

As I stated in my earlier post, this was just the straw that broke the camel's back so to say. I tend to ignore most of what those folks say, but there is just something about Biden that is very menacing to me.

I own a few guns for sport and self defense (haven't hunted in decades but it's nice to have the option).
FWIW there will always be a possible scenario where a firearm will be of no use.
Are you a light sleeper? (I'm certainly not) etc...

Totally makes sense to me. I would always prefer that things do not escalate to the use of firearms as I am a martial artist and a spiritual person, I think it would be prudent to have that option available. Just in case.

I didn't say he was. Just wanted to give another perspective. Isn't that what we are here to do?

Absolutely and I appreciate the feedback. I will make sure, if I do end up purchasing a firearm, that I am not being reactionary.

I have been thinking about getting a gun also. I live in NM . The gun laws here are not as harsh as many of the other states. I do feel the need to get a gun. I here people shooting quite a lot in my area and I do not want to be without any protection when people become more violent and desperate then they all ready are. I was raised around guns and my dad always reminded us that there is only one rule to remember, never pull a gun on anyone unless you are going to kill them. I agree %100.

I've heard that so many times from people that I truly respect and I do believe that if you pull a gun on someone, you better be ready to kill that person. It's a very tough thing to come to terms with and I can't say 100% that I could do that as I've never been in that situation.

I do know that if it came down to it and someone I loved needed that sort of protection I would not hesitate to do what needed to be done.

Thank you for posting that reading, I will go back and read it thoroughly again.

I very much appreciate the advice and I understand what you are saying. I guess I feel that I need to have all the options available to me. If that makes sense.

Um, if you are going firearms shopping, do shop around on price and try lots of rentals to find the right 'fit' - I don't think you'll find any 'deals' at a gun show.

I bought my first gun in April 2020, built a modest firearms collection, and consistently trained with them over the last year. At this point... I don't know what using firearms will accomplish. The notion of 'resisting with guns blazing' seems to be a very good way to be branded as a 'violent extremist' and then hunted down like a dog. Range trips have been nice in that with the required hearing protection, it can be very serene and calming - but then one needs to detox from all that lead and such. The best way to deal with violence is to avoid it as much as possible with situational awareness, IMO... Even with guns and training, I can't say for sure that I'd pull the trigger if, DCM forbid, the situation called for it.

There are supposed to be a lot of private sellers at this particular show, so hopefully I could get some deals, although I am not that concerned with getting the best price. Gun shows are pretty much the only way to get firearms in California right now.

I have fired many different firearms, just never owned my own. I believe that I have a fairly good understanding of what I am looking for.

There is a great public range just a few miles from my home and I know that most, if not all, of my gun use will take place there. They have classes on a regular basis, which my girlfriend and I will be attending frequently, I'm sure. I am also into archery, so I understand the Zen involved. :)

I also did not mean to imply that I want to participate in an insurrection or anything, I am just concerned that it will become even more prohibitively difficult in the future to purchase firearms of any kind.

1. Does it really matter what President Biden says? If he would say the flats equipped with gas stoves will explode and whole buildings will catch fire would you buy a parachute?
2. Are you physically, mentally and emotionally ok to wound, seriously wound or even kill someone even if in self defense? Have you ever pictured yourself in the aftermath, leaning over someone you have just seriously injured?
3. Have you ever thought that you might get ovepowered by someone armed with a knife, wounded and then shot with your own gun?

1. Yes, because he reflects the current mental state of the left. Which is in the majority right now.
2. I have thought through this a lot and I really don't know if I could kill another human being. I have pictured a lot of different scenarios and I don't think I can answer that.
3. I would do everything in my power to avoid the use of a firearm, in any situation. I have trained in martial arts and I have had extensive outdoor survival training so my main 'weapon' of choice would be de-escalation. I would like to know that if the need for a firearm would arise, that I would not be lacking.

You don't say what jurisdiction you are in (and I am not asking). I live in a jurisdiction where the law is "open carry" meaning anyone can carry a gun, concealed or otherwise.

However.

I would strongly recommend you attend a concealed carry license course wherever you are. You will not learn about your gun, you will learn about the law. Very important. And very context sensitive (i.e. depends on where you live). The worst case scenario is that you find yourself in a situation where you feel compelled to use (or even just "brandish") your firearm, only to find yourself in jail.

There are strict gun laws in Southern California, it ok my residence is listed in my profile. I will be required to attend a training session just to purchase a gun, but I do plan to visit my local shooting range as often as possible to get training and I will be looking into a CCL.

I understand that they are very difficult to get in California but I will make the attempt, for sure.

Thank you again everyone, this was some great feedback and I will take all that you have said to heart.

It is good to be able to defend yourself, and it is good to be able to hunt if you want to do that. Guns are not the only good option for either. I think they will be rounded up soon in USA, but I hope not. We got rid of ours when the children came along. Accidents happen. Tempers flare. I think it was the right thing to do. One can do a lot with some ordinary items, but a shotgun is very handy for home defense.

It is good to be able to defend yourself, and it is good to be able to hunt if you want to do that. Guns are not the only good option for either. I think they will be rounded up soon in USA, but I hope not. We got rid of ours when the children came along. Accidents happen. Tempers flare. I think it was the right thing to do. One can do a lot with some ordinary items, but a shotgun is very handy for home defense.
What I'm thinking is getting a handgun for when I am traveling. I do a lot of back country camping and hiking and I have a skoolie that I can take pretty much anywhere.

I also want a shotgun for home defense. I live with my significant other and I want to be able to protect her if it comes down to it.

The gun control in the U.S. is pretty extreme already and I agree with you that the time may come where buying a firearm legally will no longer be allowed.

Hey all, just looking for some comments and remarks.

Recently U.S. President Joe Biden made some comments about insurrection in the United States and joked about how the American people would need F-15's and nuclear capabilities if they wanted to overthrow the government.

Biden: To Take On Government 'You Need F-15's And Maybe Some Nuclear Weapons'

My first reaction to this was that I felt that I needed to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights as provided by the Constitution and purchase a firearm while I still can.

Tomorrow, July 17th, I will be attending a gun show and I was wondering what you all think about gun ownership and is it inviting violence into my life.

I can't remember if the C's have ever said anything about gun ownership...

Imo you should never ever get in a situation where you come to considering if you use a gun to shoot someone, because you should avoid these situations at all costs. And buying in panic is also not useful. Because you need to ask yourself: could you use a gun and also in extreme situations and as Ina wrote for example: could you hurt someone? And it's a deadly tool where you need to train a lot, too. On the other hand, there are even more scrupulous people out there who can fight better and shoot better.

There is a book who deals with it and to recognize such situations and how to avoid them: Left of bang from Patrick Van Horne, which is the better way to go.

Imo you should never ever get in a situation where you come to considering if you use a gun to shoot someone, because you should avoid these situations at all costs. And buying in panic is also not useful. Because you need to ask yourself: could you use a gun and also in extreme situations and as Ina wrote for example: could you hurt someone? And it's a deadly tool where you need to train a lot, too. On the other hand, there are even more scrupulous people out there who can fight better and shoot better.

There is a book who deals with it and to recognize such situations and how to avoid them: Left of bang from Patrick Van Horne, which is the better way to go.

Thank you for the reference, I will definitely check that out.

UPDATE: I took a look and that is right up my alley, I have ordered it and I will be giving it a good read.

I would like to reiterate that I have given this very serious consideration over many years, I am not making this decision in a panic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom