Incredibly Effective Protection from Fukushima Nuclear Radiation Effects

griffin said:
Rabelais said:
Does anyone with a background in chemistry know whether or not there is actually a difference in ascorbic acid derived from GMO corn glucose, or is it all the same after the process?

The same question recently occurred to me, for the same reason. Since ascorbic acid (technically, L-ascorbic acid) is the molecule C6H8O6, containing just carbon, hydrogen and oxygen atoms, where the raw material is sourced seems irrelevant.

This was along the lines of my thinking. But there is resonance in all things and I am wondering if this could be a factor which could create an unquantifiable but negative difference, by our current methods of analysis. When I was working for a large manufacturer of vitamin C based supplements, all of our incoming raw materials passed through our quality control lab. There it went through spectrographic analysis, which would tell us if there were any adulterants present (lead, mercury, arsenic, PCBs, etc). It was presumed that after the initial chemical test to assure that we were, in fact, dealing with C6H8O6, the only other concerns were contaminants.

I still think that this is a relevant question to pose to the Cs, since a great deal of the mainstream alternate health community is currently concerned with the issue. Might it be a red herring? A meme injected to promote avoidance of vitamin C? This seems to be a long running pharmaceutical/AMA agenda, ever since the botched 1978 Pauling vitamin C clinical trials at the Mayo Clinic

Back
Top Bottom