Interesting Times

>> Anyone is "invited" to post as long as their post contributes to the aim of this forum. <<

Because I would like to help you wake up. Because I do not want to leave you spiralling endlessly out of control in a world you clearly do not understand. Because I have to remain true to my statements.

I accept this remark by ScioAgapeOmnis as an invitation to one final post.

But because it was not specific to StarFraction, it will only be the one post. I require a specific invitation from someone on this forum to remain and post.

Does anyone here have the courage to make that request?

One individual on this forum has to find value in what I say and require me to continue.

I have received some emails behind the scenes from members of this forum who clearly feel fearful of posting to me ‘in forum.’

But who want to ‘talk with me.’

Why should this be so?

(Anyone who chooses to post to me personally I will reply to.)

You have a problem here.

You are clearly filled with well-intentioned people.

You are also riddled with some who are not so well-intentioned.

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ACCEPT VIEWS – YES, EVEN THOSE ABHORRENT OPINIONS – THAT YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH.

Why?

Because they exist anyway. In spite of you.

Hide from them and they will creep up behind you.

Face anything and everything at this time.

And this is the time.

After this ‘Western World Santa Claus/Christmas’ – 2006 – its going to get very rough indeed.

In 2 years time you will NOT have this forum.

Make sure you have yourself.

You have all my love,
StarFraction

“Nothing in this world is a gift, whatever there is to learn has to be learned the hard way." – don Juan

StarFraction said:
>> Anyone is "invited" to post as long as their post contributes to the aim of this forum. <<

Because I would like to help you wake up.
What about first waking up yourself?

StarFraction said:
Because I do not want to leave you spiralling endlessly out of control in a world you clearly do not understand. Because I have to remain true to my statements.
What about if your statements are wrong or meaningless? Perhaps you need to examine first this possibility?

StarFraction said:
I don't think it is going to be your final post. More probable is that it is the one just before the last one. But, of course, I a may be wrong.

StarFraction said:
But because it was not specific to StarFraction, it will only be the one post. I require a specific invitation from someone on this forum to remain and post.
You can "require whatever you want, but only from yourself. There is no way for you to require anything from other people. They are free.

StarFraction said:
I have the courage to make any request - but before making requests, I consider whether these requests are reasonable or not.

StarFraction said:
One individual on this forum has to find value in what I say and require me to continue.
This one individual may happen to be you yourself.

StarFraction said:
I have received some emails behind the scenes from members of this forum who clearly feel fearful of posting to me ‘in forum.’
We know that this forum has a lot of "agents" - as every forum

StarFraction said:
But who want to ‘talk with me.’
People who are like you.

StarFraction said:
We are NOT "well intentioned people". We are people seeking for the truth and the meaning.

StarFraction said:
You have all my love,
Shall we also have your love when you get banned?

StarFraction said:
Because I would like to help you wake up. Because I do not want to leave you spiralling endlessly out of control in a world you clearly do not understand. Because I have to remain true to my statements.
Psycho-babel translation: "I am a supreme divine being, and I speak for the One True God. I am the way and the light and you must follow me or perish. I must remain true to my previous statements because they are the irrefutable word of God. They cannot be changed, not even considering new data unavailable to me when I made such statements. God has spoken." Now I see how the Bible was written...

Inner-psycho-thought translation: "To appear as if I am a relatively normal and reasonable person, I will say that I will only post if specifically requested, but as I cannot accurately judge the emotional content of human interactions, my statement will simply appear ludicrous. I actually have no understanding of honour, consideration, or respect. I am the center of the universe, and I speak the inerrant word of God."

Another self-important and paramoralistic challenge. SF is manipulating, again. Because in the chance that there are some taken in by SF's spellbinding, this statement makes it appear as if requesting SF's return is the courageous and moral thing to do.

Otherwise you would have failed your mission. This is not a spellbinder's supermarket, SF. Go somewhere else for food.

So which is it? Does "one individual have to find value" in what you say (implying they haven't yet revealed themselves), or do many already find value in your garbage?

Good cop.

You are also riddled with some who are not so well-intentioned.
Bad cop. Another blatant attempt to manipulate. Go home.

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ACCEPT VIEWS – YES, EVEN THOSE ABHORRENT OPINIONS – THAT YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH.

Why?

Because they exist anyway. In spite of you.
What did Gunsberg say about psychos and their view of truth? What did Cleckley say about psychos coming to believe their own lies?

Psycho-babel universal translation machine results: "You must accept the ineffable word of God, even if it is demonstrably false. The word of God does not need proof. It simply is. And the fact that it is makes it true, even if it is false. God has spoken."

Hide from them and they will creep up behind you.
Yes, viruses are like that. But we have chosen to immunize ourselves here. Take your sickness elsewhere.

StarFraction said:
Now go to the nearest mirror and say that to yourself. And try to accept it. It's a bitter pill.

StarFraction said:
“Nothing in this world is a gift, whatever there is to learn has to be learned the hard way." – don Juan
Ahem...

I am in this forum to learn how to confront the type of behaviour Starfraction has displayed in an equaninimous way. I'm grateful for the fact that there are people here capabale of doing just that. Take Ark, for example. I didn't detect any emotional charge from his post.

I may be wrong, but I wouldn't take his last comment sarcastically either, because as I see it, love is giving people the freedom to choose. I, for one, am grateful that you came to this forum and provided an opportunity for me to learn. I am equally grateful that you will be banned if you don't choose to recognize and retract manipulative posts, and start making an effort to contribute something meaninful, or try learning from those who do. Of course, your views will exist regardless, you just won't have any more opportunities to 'put them in our minds'.

StarFraction, you play a game either consciously or unconsciously, that you are in a superior position, that we should fall in line with the "truth" of your statements. You completely miss the point and importance of networking, that many minds working sincerely for the truth
are better than one. There is no chance that any member here who truely understands this principle will come to see that you are right, precisely because it goes against that understanding. If you cannot understand that, then perhaps it is best that you ban yourself and by so doing, show us your love. (for the truth)

StarFraction said:

I can't say why, but these sentences really bother me. Why does SF require a "specific invitation" to continue posting? And asking if anyone has the "courage" is what bullies usually use to challange those they deem weaker than themselves. Is SF, maybe, looking for those weaker than himself so as to be able to lead them to where he wants? I don't know, this is just getting my "look out" senses going.

And, yes, the readers and contributors of this forum are quite aware of abhorrant and uncomfortable things. The world is full of them right now. And anyone with two firing neurons (as a fine lady likes to say) can see that we are in for some dire times ahead. Heck, we are already in them, and it seems that it will get worse if Bush and the PTB get their way. But NOTHING IS WRITTEN IN STONE. This is all just speculation. So why the push to say that your VIEW is true? You made your statements so let it go.

Or are you really trying to find tho sheeple that may exist here so that you can lead them away as their new messiah? (Also known as an evil magician.) Hmmmmm. Looking for that food?

StarFraction said:
This is a presumtive statement for two reasons. Firstly because no-one can ever help anyone 'wake up' if they don't wan't to. That would be a violation of their free will to remain asleep and respecting another's free will is pretty important.

And secondly, who says the person who is trying to do the 'waking up' really knows anything about anything! They may just be leading the asleep person up another (different) garden path to no-where.

StarFraction said:
My goodness me!

Just look at yourselves.

Take an ‘objective’ look at the sequence of these posts and note the mounting aggression, hostility, ‘veiled threats’, and finally ‘clear threats’, from a ‘moderator’:

>> ….if you'd like to be banned, then feel free to continue behaving as you have in this post. <<

>> If you would like to be removed, then feel free to continue this behaviour. <<

Behaviour?

Oh yes, I forgot:

>>The fact of the matter is that we have many 'newcomers' who fit right in, and almost instantly contribute. <<

Yep.

So anything that ‘doesn’t fit right in’ (in YOUR OWN VIEW) is too disturbing to contemplate … and needs to be ‘dealt with.’

Sounds like an inquisition to me.

Whatever happened to tolerance, equanimity, humour, moderation (Mr Moderator!) the welcoming of diverse views and opinions … and the ability to restrain bitter personal attack?

I was once (mid 90s) in a Taoist Forum – on Compuserve – which I have subsequently realised was pretty unique. It was unique in that the regular Forum members (of which I became one) displayed a pretty much infinite capacity to receive and accept any postings from anyone whatsoever on any subject.

We had the occasional visitations from Christian fundamentalists quoting dogma at us, and various Buddhistic and Eastern sects putting forward their views, and also some very ‘hostile’ posts against the Forum, its ideas, and Taoism. But you know what … many many times it was just those controversial or dogmatic posts that sparked off some of the most interesting dialogues.

(Have you not felt aroused to think and respond to my post? Has it not been interesting? Has it not provided ‘food’ for ‘active mentation?’)

And they were dialogues of intelligent peoples’ own views based on their understandings – from whatever sources – rather than a ceaseless cross-referencing of articles, quotes and other peoples opinions!

We had an excellent Forum Moderator – appointed by Compuserve – who never found the need to ‘ban’ anyone in all the three years I was there. He had a wicked, sparkling sense of humour, which, I find, always helps.

But anyway ….

… here we have something completely different …

Must fit in. This is a ‘special forum.’ We are all ‘objective’ truth-seekers here. We don’t accept anything by belief! You will be ignored on this forum! We can’t accept anything – or even agree to differ – if it doesn’t ‘fit’ with us. You will be banned.

So I leave you to it.

Quoting and linking back and forth to each other … ever careful to ‘fit’ in … huddling together for mutual support … and wary of provoking the ire of the ‘forum watchers!’

Like a giant ingrowing toe-nail.

Reminds me of Michael Jackson living in a plastic bubble – the rest of the distasteful world shut safely outside!

I shall only post again on this forum if someone invites me to remain.

Best wishes to you all,
StarFraction

“The self-confidence of a warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence." – don Juan
SF, you left out the other part of the Don Juan quote.
It goes like this:

"The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to himself. Perhaps you are chasing rainbows. You're after the self-confidence of the average man, when you should be after the humbleness of a warrior. The difference between the two is remarkable. Self-confidence entails knowing something for sure; humbleness entails being impeccable in one's actions and feelings"

- Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda

No sense railing against your perceived impressions, StarFraction...point of view cannot be debated.

I can't believe I read the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom