Is Coffee Good or Bad for you?

What’s everyone’s take on tea now? Since we know most are high in oxalates and coffee was the alternative ok’d by Sally Norton.

Not sure if the chicory coffee would be high in oxalates too.

Well, maybe it's more about quantity. Do we eat or drink a lot of things that are high in oxalates? If so, maybe we should cut back according to what's best for us and our personal preferences, a balance. I don't like tea, but I started drinking bulletproof coffee about 3 years ago, it gives me more energy without the nasty side effects that some have shared here. I also do not do well with a lot of fat, so I take enzymes before I drink it.

I limited my daily consumption of coffee to only days when atmospheric pressure is low, like long rainy days. A little boost coffee can give me at such conditions tends to raise the spirit to more pleasant view of the world. Other days, tea does just fine. Preferring lighter variants, these days Guatemala Santa Rosa is my go to.

Is life good or bad for you? Ultimately, it seems, it kills you. The bigger concern is what we do with our time here. I do get that our food and drink choices can affect the quality and perception of life by certain degrees. However there is also that tricky element where the mindset can influence the impact of those choices. (Like people being indoctrinated that tobacco gives you cancer) Ultimately there is an objective truth about individual dietary choices. We can access that through experimentation. Do what works for you and empower the goodness of the choice made. There is no one-size-fits all universal answer. I can bring up my mom as an example. She is 97, refuses to eat organic, still plays golf and is mostly in her right mind. It is baffling and amazing but it demonstrates a point.

Back
Top Bottom