Is it possible for a D.I.D. psychopath to have a separate, souled personality?

Fester

Jedi
Or anything like it, such as the souled personality having the separate psychopath personality? Or is this not possible because the soul 'splits' too somehow?

But if it is possible for there to be, say, one core personality firmly connected to the soul, and other 'split-off' personalities that may or may not be attached or connected to the soul, one could therefore be a souled, non-psychopathic person with a separate psychopathic personality.

Now as far as I understand the D.I.D. 'healing' process, it revolves around an integration of all the split-off parts with the core personality. Now, if one or more split-off parts are soul-disconnected psychopathic personalities, what happens? You could easily get a psychopathic whole. Or maybe, a person with a single integrated personality firmly anchored in the soul, who has, within his mind/memory, a near complete "ghost copy' of a psychopathic mind? Because he would remember (kinda) what it was like to be one?

I ask because... well, simply because it's a shoe that fits.

I'm sorry if this is dealt with elsewhere- I didn't find it or when I did I didn't get it. :huh:

As far as my understanding goes, it is possible for a normal individual (hesitate to use the word 'souled' since it has other implications) to have a personality that is without a conscience. It was likely formed as a defense mechanism during trauma in childhood.

I would assume that integration would lead to dissolution of this conscienceless personality and a return to normalcy, however, if the trauma was deep enough and caused enough brain damage, the opposite could happen, osit.

Have you had a chance to look at the recommended psychology books? Just to be clear, that covers the Narcissism, Psychopathy, and Other Psychology sections. Specifically the ones that deal with DID would be Myth of Sanity, Operators and Things, but it's touched upon in a lot of the other psyche books.

I would be grateful if someone could answer my question about this D.I.D. abbreviation and what does it stand for?

Denis said:
I would be grateful if someone could answer my question about this D.I.D. abbreviation and what does it stand for?
In psychology it stands for Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Denis said:

Yep. It used to be called "Multiple Personality Disorder".

THIS IS A GREAT POINT. And in my experience, it is highly probable that this very mechanism is used in order to delay, or stop soul development in a young person. This delay could last a person's entire life, causing them to miss out on their life mission, so to say.

Someone i have known, once explained to me that during adolescence, he had experienced such attacks and bullying at school that in order to stand up for himself, he had developed a textbook example psychopathic behavior and personality, justifying this to himself somehow intellectually. This same person, has completely changed over time, and today, it would be hard to imagine the same man acting in an uncaring way towards another human being.

thanx for the replies, people. I think that, after a lot of thought, that all I was developing was a sociopathic personality as a defense mechanism. I think that, even in a full-on case of D.I.D. that the soul would still suffer the consequences of the of the sociopathic personality's actions.

Basically, I learned how to put my conscience in Schrodinger's box. For a while, I effectively didn't have one, yet it was still suffering the consequences of my actions.

It has left me with the ability to easily re-create a psychopathic mindset, meaning I find it easy to "think like a psychopath". (The "ghost copy" i mentioned.) In the meantime (since i made the first post) I have found this somewhat unpleasant talent to be extremely useful. I have become more and more sensitive to psychopathic/ponerised behaviour, and more adept at dealing with it.

The "Grey Rock" method mentioned here _https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,35665.0.html by Minas Tirith is a fairly effective manoeuvre provided the predator is not hunting you specifically. Every defense has a weakness, and there's none better at finding and exploiting them than a predator.

I think rule #1 (if avoidance is not possible) is: Give them nothing, or nothing of any value. Do not be honest. Lie. Give them nothing that is true, as they WILL use it to manipulate you. And if they catch you lying, laugh! Treat it as a joke! (Do what they would do.)

The only way to deal with a psychopath and not lose energy is complete avoidance. ANY and EVERY interaction with a psychopath will cost you energy. Always. So the only effective use of such energy is anything that eliminates them from your life.

In short, the reason that most people have such difficulty in dealing with them is the inability to think and act like them. To fight a psychopath you need to fight by his rules, and you will get dirty. No quarter, mercy, or compromise will be offered; so none can be given. Even if the psycho fails to injure you, you will have injured yourself by imitating him, but this is preferable to allowing him to feed on you.

Fester said:
thanx for the replies, people. I think that, after a lot of thought, that all I was developing was a sociopathic personality as a defense mechanism. I think that, even in a full-on case of D.I.D. that the soul would still suffer the consequences of the of the sociopathic personality's actions.

Basically, I learned how to put my conscience in Schrodinger's box. For a while, I effectively didn't have one, yet it was still suffering the consequences of my actions.

It has left me with the ability to easily re-create a psychopathic mindset, meaning I find it easy to "think like a psychopath". (The "ghost copy" i mentioned.) In the meantime (since i made the first post) I have found this somewhat unpleasant talent to be extremely useful. I have become more and more sensitive to psychopathic/ponerised behaviour, and more adept at dealing with it.

The "Grey Rock" method mentioned here _https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,35665.0.html by Minas Tirith is a fairly effective manoeuvre provided the predator is not hunting you specifically. Every defense has a weakness, and there's none better at finding and exploiting them than a predator.

I think rule #1 (if avoidance is not possible) is: Give them nothing, or nothing of any value. Do not be honest. Lie. Give them nothing that is true, as they WILL use it to manipulate you. And if they catch you lying, laugh! Treat it as a joke! (Do what they would do.)

The only way to deal with a psychopath and not lose energy is complete avoidance. ANY and EVERY interaction with a psychopath will cost you energy. Always. So the only effective use of such energy is anything that eliminates them from your life.

In short, the reason that most people have such difficulty in dealing with them is the inability to think and act like them. To fight a psychopath you need to fight by his rules, and you will get dirty. No quarter, mercy, or compromise will be offered; so none can be given. Even if the psycho fails to injure you, you will have injured yourself by imitating him, but this is preferable to allowing him to feed on you.

I agree with Obyvatel - this is essential advice.

What if I do not want to lie and play by their rules?
I want to sleep peacefully at night, I want people to look into their eyes, lie always comes out. It takes away the very, very much energy, a circle of people around you less because you people let me know who you are and what you want out of life.
Some people do not like to hear, but who asks you what you want?
I can not and do not want to copy psychopaths, that would have been easier in life, I think it is wrong.
At the end of the day just realize that you are in life could be professional actors, tired of removing his mask and save it for the next day.
Until when?

Accordingly, it is perhaps important to note how a psychopath thinks or acts, this will give the necessary weapons to put the necessary limits and not get his own game? when we face a psychopath there is always leaking energy, and seeing the signs we can firmly say no. ;)

riclapaz said:
Accordingly, it is perhaps important to note how a psychopath thinks or acts, this will give the necessary weapons to put the necessary limits and not get his own game? when we face a psychopath there is always leaking energy, and seeing the signs we can firmly say no. ;)
I do not such a big problem that I'll remain weary of psychopathic games that you dig through the brain, bigger problem we represent what should I lie to myself, and that's not what I want. That's not me.

Thanx Obyvatel and Hithere, I do feel out on a limb sometimes. :cool2:

casper said:
What if I do not want to lie and play by their rules?
I want to sleep peacefully at night, I want people to look into their eyes, lie always comes out. It takes away the very, very much energy, a circle of people around you less because you people let me know who you are and what you want out of life.
Some people do not like to hear, but who asks you what you want?
I can not and do not want to copy psychopaths, that would have been easier in life, I think it is wrong.
At the end of the day just realize that you are in life could be professional actors, tired of removing his mask and save it for the next day.
Until when?

Simply put, you cannot avoid playing by their rules. YOU are the prey, they are the predator. You can only live by your rules while you are not being hunted. As soon as the stalk begins, you can either avoid (flee), confront (fight), or surrender (freeze) and be fed on, toyed with for amusement or (possibly) ignored. (I would say here that the "Act as a grey rock" technique is a method of "freezing", but with camouflage).
This is the psychopath's true violence- he takes your choices away. He takes away your ability to choose to NOT be hunted, to be treated as prey.

So to answer your first question, if you choose not to play by their rules you are choosing to be easy prey by not running, or fighting, or hiding.

You seem to have misunderstood me. I think that the point I made just above is actually known by everyone, instinctively, but the vast majority suppress that knowledge and so act on it unconsciously, trying to "blend in" and "conform" by copying the psychopaths. It does indeed make one's life "easier", in a manner of speaking. In the end, you'll still be fed upon, and you will have lost your soul. This is "copying" the psychopath. What I am saying is that, when confronting a psychopath- who is by definition willing and able to do anything to "win"- you MUST be prepared to do the same. Why? Because the psychopath is a master of finding that particular thing that you refuse to do, and then destroying you with it.

riclapaz said:

Not sure what you mean. Psychopaths always think the same way, but the way they act is simply the "act" that they believe will best achieve their aim. Watching them switch roles is truly uncanny if you know that that's what they've actually done. Limits? To someone that (quite literally) wants to feed on you? Weapons? If the psycho knows you see him and are fighting him, he'll do his utmost to force you to use a weapon that will destroy you, even if it destroys him as well. The best way is to stab him in the back- another thing that psychopaths excel in. You see? Fighting a psychopath is always a lose-lose choice. Kind of like cutting your foot off to escape a bear trap.
Oh, and as to "firmly saying no", well, that's simply telling him you see him and are going to fight him. That's kind of like walking up to the bear trap and putting your foot in on purpose. Not advisable.

casper said:
riclapaz said:
I do not such a big problem that I'll remain weary of psychopathic games that you dig through the brain, bigger problem we represent what should I lie to myself, and that's not what I want. That's not me.

Sorry Casper, I don't understand. Is english not your native language? Lying to one's self comes in many forms, and we all do it. For instance, every single thing that you think you "have to" or "must" do or be is a lie. Everything you think you have no choice about is a lie. Very, very few (if any) people are ever aware of all the possible choices that they have at any given moment. I daresay that a person who is fully aware like this would probably be the "man number 7" described by Gurdjieff.
Anyway, I'm not sure why you brought that up. Lying to one's self is as potentially harmful as being honest with a psychopath. You are 100% guaranteed to regret doing either.

Back
Top Bottom