Israel-Palestine War: Hamas Breaks Out of Gaza, Israel Responds With Genocide

word salad with cannon fodder.as was intended to show.he and not just him among the big chess players know what happened on 9/11. to say one thing that matters to Americans. everything else that happened before and after in the world doesn't matter a sh*t so let's take 9/11. he knows EXACTLY what happened. as do all the intelligence services and ALL the topdogs in the elected political world. But it's part of the game. everything else, including us, are billions cannon fodder who moreover pay them too. 3dsts funny realm for dummies
I agree with the last phrase 100%. Otherwise...
I personally did not see anything in this answer that is presented in the RT material.
Further. You say he's talking to the Americans. And who else should he talk to? They tried to talk to the Germans and the French. Do you remember the Minsk agreements? How then the German and French participants in these agreements raced to brag that from the very beginning, they had been deceiving Russia for many years under the sensitive American leadership. The rest of Europe does not even reach this miserable level. There is no subjectivity, the owners are in another place.

С последней фразой согласен на 100%. В остальном...
Я лично не увидел в этом ответе ничего того, что представлено в материале RT.
Далее. Вы говорите, что он обращается к американцам. А с кем еще разговаривать? С немцами и французами попробовали поговорить. Помните про минские соглашения? Как потом немецкие и французские участники этих соглашений наперегонки хвастались тем, что с самого начала, много лет обманывали Россию под чутким американским руководством. Остальные в Европе даже до этого убогого уровня не дотягивают. Нет субъектности, хозяева в другом месте.

For some reason, the English translation on the Foreign Ministry's website has not been completed to the end. I translated Lavrov's answer to the question about Gaza. Read it verbatim.

Интервью Министра иностранных дел Российской Федерации С.В.Лаврова агентству «РИА Новости» и телеканалу «Россия 24» по актуальным вопросам внешней политики, Москва, 28 декабря 2023 года

This is the video version. Unfortunately, only Russian subtitles.
Яндекс

На сайте МИД английский перевод почему то не доделан до конца. Я перевел ответ Лаврова на вопрос про Газу. Прочитайте дословно.

The official English transcript/translation of what Lavrov said is now available as well. It reads:

Dmitry Kiselev: Our time is running out, but we have not yet talked about a crucial issue: the Gaza Strip. Israel has announced that the war will go on for months and that they are supposedly destroying Hamas, although the Americans have been flirting with them.

A year ago, you wrote an article for Izvestia about possible scenarios. What has happened as a result? Was the Hamas attack on Israel a false flag operation? How can we assess it? Some people even think that the destruction of Gaza is a special operation aimed at building a parallel Suez Canal from Eilat across the Negev Desert. The route is 300 kilometres long, which is not difficult to accomplish with modern technology and money. What is it? What is the essence of this geopolitical process?

Sergey Lavrov: There are many conspiracy theories.

The other day, our television and social media again reprinted a report posted in a Western media outlet by Western investigative journalists (I believe that Seymour Hersh posted it too), according to which intelligence services warned the Israeli authorities about plans for a major terrorist attack a year before October 7, 2023.

If this is true, I find it hard to believe that no preventive measures were taken, especially since I know that the Israeli army and security forces have the know-how and are always ready to launch preventive strikes.

This reminded me of another conspiracy theory, when terrorists attacked the Twin Towers on September 11, 2001, following which a war was launched in Afghanistan and the Greater Middle East project was initiated.

There were other less bloody conspiracy theories, like the Moon landing, which still has not been laid to rest, although many people should have been aware of the real events in all three cases. However, these issues remained unresolved. This is strange.

I do not want to assume that normal people would be willing to sacrifice hundreds of their own citizens to create a pretext for destroying a terrorist organisation they hate and want to eliminate or to gain some economic or logistical benefits.

You said that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that Hamas must be destroyed as a whole and as a military force. It sounds like demilitarisation. He also said that extremism must be eliminated in Gaza. It sounds like denazification. However, I do not understand the reaction of the previous Israeli government, led by Prime Minister Yair Lapid (he was foreign minister before becoming prime minister), to our special military operation. His reaction surprised me. He said that Russia had no right to use force against civilians or to annex Ukrainian territories.

This was unfair. We discussed this with him. I do not know what he thinks and how he describes the current developments, but Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has not criticised Russia despite the numerous critical statements [about his actions] made around the world and the fact that he is in a serious predicament. He has had two telephone conversations with President Vladimir Putin (1, 2). Just like Egypt, Israel helped us evacuate our citizens who were held captive or wanted to leave Gaza.

We should be very careful about our shared history with Israel, particularly our history of fighting Nazism. This is the main element that unifies us in terms of history. It is a fundamental element of our genetic code, so to speak.

The Holocaust and the extermination of the multinational Soviet people are comparable, but the numbers are different: six million people killed during the Holocaust and over 20 million Soviet people were killed during World War II.

A year ago, during a news conference on International Holocaust Remembrance Day, the Israeli ambassador in Kiev did not say anything when he was asked about the glorification of Bandera, Shukhevich and other Nazis in Ukraine and the use of Nazi symbols. When asked about Israel’s attitude towards this, he answered that it had not changed and added that Israelis still considered them to be Nazis and that this perspective would never change. However, he acknowledged that Ukraine had a complicated history, and said that he understands Ukrainians’ connection to these individuals and political organisations. This is truly alarming.

I agree with the last phrase 100%. Otherwise...
I personally did not see anything in this answer that is presented in the RT material.
Further. You say he's talking to the Americans. And who else should he talk to? They tried to talk to the Germans and the French. Do you remember the Minsk agreements? How then the German and French participants in these agreements raced to brag that from the very beginning, they had been deceiving Russia for many years under the sensitive American leadership. The rest of Europe does not even reach this miserable level. There is no subjectivity, the owners are in another place.

С последней фразой согласен на 100%. В остальном...
Я лично не увидел в этом ответе ничего того, что представлено в материале RT.
Далее. Вы говорите, что он обращается к американцам. А с кем еще разговаривать? С немцами и французами попробовали поговорить. Помните про минские соглашения? Как потом немецкие и французские участники этих соглашений наперегонки хвастались тем, что с самого начала, много лет обманывали Россию под чутким американским руководством. Остальные в Европе даже до этого убогого уровня не дотягивают. Нет субъектности, хозяева в другом месте.
don't hit on me with the obvious. please. poor world that needs heroes, and martyrs to create the new. Any new created on the basis of others' suffering without REALLY understanding is bankrupt. ALL this is logic sts. at some point people will get sick of the word salad protein dish topped with human flesh of great souls or cheess players. this is the core of the warning cs, more suffering is needed (which is not praise of suffering as itself)

Let not jump to conclusion to fast.

I agree.

I note that Lavrov, on his on initiative, is questioning Israels claims of what happened and clearly draws attention to and essentially compares it with 9/11 and similar "conspiracy theories". I don't think that this a coincidence. And Lavrov says that before he starts with the other stuff. As for what Lavrov said in regard to Gaza and demilitarization later, considering the context of what he says before that point, I don't think it is so clear and/or black and white. Yes, I think Lavrov said something that he shouldn't have said, and it certainly isn't right, true, good or proper to say something like that. It is the first time I've heard Lavrov makes such a quite serious "mistake". If that is what is was. It is quite the diplomatic failure in my book from Lavrov.

Having said that, Lavrov actual point seems to have been what Netanjahu proclaimed about "their war", and that what that proclamation claims to be doing, sounds similar to what Putin said about what their goals are in Ukraine, and that, therefore, he finds the negative reaction of the previous Israeli government towards the Russian SMO surprising and unfair.

Last edited:
For some reason, the English translation on the Foreign Ministry's website has not been completed to the end. I translated Lavrov's answer to the question about Gaza. Read it verbatim.

Интервью Министра иностранных дел Российской Федерации С.В.Лаврова агентству «РИА Новости» и телеканалу «Россия 24» по актуальным вопросам внешней политики, Москва, 28 декабря 2023 года

This is the video version. Unfortunately, only Russian subtitles.
Яндекс

На сайте МИД английский перевод почему то не доделан до конца. Я перевел ответ Лаврова на вопрос про Газу. Прочитайте дословно.

After reading the full convo, it looks to me like Lavrov's words were taken out of context by the RT report, and in particular the headline skews what I think he was trying to communicate.

I think Lavrov was making an subtle, ironic point. The West supports so-called 'demilitarization' and 'deNazification' when these are undertaken by Israel - but not when these are undertaken by Russia. There is a double-standard.

It would've been good if he immediately pointed out the major differences between the two conflicts in this convo, instead leaving the point hanging for people to figure out.

I recall him saying during the SMO, "If you are worried about casualties in Ukraine, just pretend they are happening in Palestine," implying that the West only cares what it is told to care about.

Given his track record for common sense and decency, I don't see him slipping up like this. I think it was just bad reporting by RT, followed by projection of the fear of 'good people slipping' onto the bad headline.

Sergey Lavrov: There are a lot of conspiracy theories emerging now.

Just the other day, our television and social networks once again broadcast a message from one of the Western media, Western journalists, researchers (in my opinion, S. Hersh also published it) that the entire Israeli leadership had been warned by intelligence about an impending large-scale terrorist attack a year before October 7 this year.

I cannot admit (if this is true) that no preventive measures have been taken. Moreover, I know how capable the Israeli army and its security forces are and are always ready to launch pre-emptive strikes.

This reminded me of another conspiracy theory, when on September 11, 2001, the Twin Towers were attacked by terrorists, after which the war in Afghanistan began and the Greater Middle East project was announced.

There were other less bloody conspiracy theories –the Moon landing. Until now, no one can finally calm down. Although, it would seem that in all three cases, such a number of people should have known about what was happening. This still remains unclear. Strange.

I don't even want to admit that normal people can sacrifice hundreds of their fellow citizens in order to have some kind of excuse, either to trample on a terrorist organization that they hate and want to completely destroy it, or to get some economic, logistical benefits.

His addressing here of "conspiracy theories" is, I hope, being done coyly, to mention them, while feigning bemusement at them. Fact is (apart from the moon landing one) they are all true. I can't imagine that someone like Lavrov is genuinely surprised at the idea of what amounts to a "false flag". Because if so, he's not very well-versed in recorded history.

His "comparison" of what the Israelis are doing in Palestine to Russia's "denazification" and "demilitarization" in Ukraine seems to more of an attempt to highlight Western hypocrisy over their support for Israel and condemnation of Russia. It was still a bit of a faux pas however, his other statements broadly supportive of Palestine notwithstanding.

Whatever he meant, it's a grave faux-pas that not even the less experienced diplomat would commit (except US diplomats but they are on a league of their own). One can read such statements in many ways, all of which as damaging. For instance, Israel is committing genocide, does he compares the SMO in the eastern Ukraine to this? Is Russia committing a genocide too? Russia and Israel fighting a common enemy?
On the 911 "conspiracy theory", he could have stopped there and said that it was strange or whatever. Why add the moon landing? Why not flat earth too? Maybe his brain was not functioning well, who knows. Very disappointing.

I don’t know. I personally don’t see in his words what was presented as his saying they’re the same. I see a comparison to shared history in the fight against Nazism, which is certainly true. And that their stated goals are similar. But nowhere did I read that the execution of those goals are alike. It seemed to me that he said he found the sacrifice of citizens unacceptable, compared to Israel’s “Hannibal” approach. Maybe I’m just interpreting it the way I’d want to see it, but it sounds to me like a combination of lost in translation and RT stirring the pot with a controversial headline and interpretation. Again I may just be choosing to read it that way, but I’ve read it four times in three different versions and I just don’t see it. Gaza like Ukraine? Not as all. Yet one might think he did based on that headline.

And if I’m completely off the mark here, I’m not surprised. I’ve had a rather sleepless night and I’m a bit foggy brained.😄

'A classic maneuver for buying time to proceed with ethnic cleansing.'

28 Dec, 2023

US, Israeli defense chiefs discuss preparations for ‘stabilization phase’ in Gaza

28 DEC, 2023
'It's not for ethnic cleansing, but for "safety".'

Israel plans to relocate over 100,000 Palestinians from Gaza to Egypt with US support

29 DEC, 2023
[...]
"According to our information, the government of Israel plans to relocate to Egypt a significant number of Palestinian nationals residing in the Gaza Strip under a cited pretext of their safety during the [Israeli] military operation’s active phase and the following post-conflict restoration of the enclave," the source said.

"The first stage of this plan implies a possible relocation of at least 100,000 people to the territory of the neighboring country. This scenario implies relocation of more people from the Gaza Strip in the future," the source said adding that the Israeli government was "obviously not interested" in their later return home.

Not sure how official is this, apparently from the International Court of Justice (ICJ, UN):
1703877102051.png
The texts are both in English (image can be made larger by clicking):
1703877147662.png

If true, it is highly symbolic, being from South Africa that's known Apartheid and the S in BRICS.

Edit: Attached is the 84 pages pdf file of the application from the www.icj-cij.org site.

Attachments

• 1703877171859.png
    1703877171859.png
    371.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 192-20231228-app-01-00-en.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It seems there's something (possibly big and rather unclear) going on behind the scenes:
- on Saturday Russia with the US abstained during voting on UNSC moderate proposal calling for sustainable cessation of hostilities in Gaza (nothing happened with it that I know about though);
- on Monday Iran called Russian envoy due to 'strange' statement issued with Arab countries (particularly UAE) about 3 islands in the strait of Hormuz that have been under Iran administration since the 1970s;
- yesterday Lavrov gave highly strange interview, sort of contradicting previous statements regarding Israel's actions in Gaza;
- today Russia started the most comprehensive missile strike in Ukraine this year and maybe since the start of SMO there;
- now SA filed Israel to ICJ for genocide (if I recall correctly, Russia deemed ICJ invalid due to charges against Putin there).

It gives me the impression that Russia created a pretext to remove itself from the front confrontational lines vis-a-vis Israel's rampage in the Middle East, leaving the (resistance) allies to deal with the mad dog, and while in retreat, kind of unbothered with non stop having to have the eyes also on its back for Mossad & Co., dealing as much as possible with its neighborhood issue. 🤔

His "comparison" of what the Israelis are doing in Palestine to Russia's "denazification" and "demilitarization" in Ukraine seems to more of an attempt to highlight Western hypocrisy over their support for Israel and condemnation of Russia. It was still a bit of a faux pas however, his other statements broadly supportive of Palestine notwithstanding.
I don’t know. I personally don’t see in his words what was presented as his saying they’re the same.

...and RT stirring the pot with a controversial headline and interpretation.
Though I was surprised by what I read of what Lavrov said, I also don't find it to be exactly what he said. Or rather the context was missing keeping in mind that RT sometimes has its own agenda. On climate change RT has also been at odds with reality if I remember correctly.

I also read it more as a way to display the hypocrisy of the West, though it missed some qualifying remarks as Lavrov would know how things easily gets pulled out of context by those who wish to create divisions.
One should keep in mind how Russia again and again have spoken at the UN and the UNSC in support of Palestinians and challenged the Israeli genocidal agenda. I guess if something has really changed in Russia, then we will see it in the coming weeks, though I doubt that to be the case.
Even someone of the caliber of Lavrov is not perfect and can have a bad day.

It seems there's something (possibly big and rather unclear) going on behind the scenes:
- on Saturday Russia with the US abstained during voting on UNSC moderate proposal calling for sustainable cessation of hostilities in Gaza (nothing happened with it that I know about though);
- on Monday Iran called Russian envoy due to 'strange' statement issued with Arab countries (particularly UAE) about 3 islands in the strait of Hormuz that have been under Iran administration since the 1970s;
- yesterday Lavrov gave highly strange interview, sort of contradicting previous statements regarding Israel's actions in Gaza;
- today Russia started the most comprehensive missile strike in Ukraine this year and maybe since the start of SMO there;
- now SA filed Israel to ICJ for genocide (if I recall correctly, Russia deemed ICJ invalid due to charges against Putin there).

It gives me the impression that Russia created a pretext to remove itself from the front confrontational lines vis-a-vis Israel's rampage in the Middle East, leaving the (resistance) allies to deal with the mad dog, and while in retreat, kind of unbothered with non stop having to have the eyes also on its back for Mossad & Co., dealing as much as possible with its neighborhood issue. 🤔
There are elections coming up in Russia, so Putin has to be careful. We know that when a politician speaks out against the Zionists, that politician either has his political career ruined or is assassinated. It's a very complex and at the same time very clear situation. With Israel and the Zionists, you have to be very careful.

Regarding Lavrov and the comparison between the situation in Israel and Ukraine, below is some background, and connections between the history of Jews in Ukraine and their links to Jews of today living in Ukraine, and around the world including Israel. The question for me was what could the context be for what Lavrov is saying be?

Roughly 1.2 million Russian speakers from the former Soviet Union have immigrated to Israel
War's impact felt by Israelis with roots in Russia and Ukraine
March 16, 2022 at 04:48 PMlatest revision October 22, 2023 at 12:37 PM
Ukrainian and Russian Israelis share their thoughts about the ongoing conflict with i24NEWS

Russia's military invasion of Ukraine hits home for many Israelis who emigrated from the region and still have family there.
Over the past three decades, roughly 1.2 million Russian speakers from the former Soviet Union have immigrated to Israel, today accounting for some 15 percent of the population, according to data from the Aliyah and Integration Ministry.
I mention the article, as a source for the number, but it also has a few interviews. Some, especially the younger, are more enthusiastic about Ukraine, a la Right Sektor/Azov/Zelensky, and others are concerned about the conflict and feel there is something wrong.

Considering these hundreds of thousands of Jews from the former USSR, now living in Israel, many are likely to have links to Ukraine. The story has a long history, and before getting to present time, I will review some highlights from the past:

Strong Jewish communities have come from Ukraine
From Hasidic Judaism
Hasidism, sometimes spelled Chassidism, and also known as Hasidic Judaism (Ashkenazi Hebrew: חסידות Ḥăsīdus, [χasiˈdus]; originally, "piety"), is a religious movement within Judaism that arose as a spiritual revival movement in the territory of contemporary Western Ukraine during the 18th century, and spread rapidly throughout Eastern Europe. Today, most of those affiliated with the movement, known as hassidim, reside in Israel and in the United States.

Israel Ben Eliezer, the "Baal Shem Tov", is regarded as its founding father, and his disciples developed and disseminated it. Present-day Hasidism is a sub-group within Haredi Judaism and is noted for its religious conservatism and social seclusion. Its members adhere closely both to Orthodox Jewish practice – with the movement's own unique emphases – and the traditions of Eastern European Jews. Many of the latter, including various special styles of dress and the use of the Yiddish language, are nowadays associated almost exclusively with Hasidism.
From Haredi Judaism
Haredi Judaism (Hebrew: יהדות חֲרֵדִית Yahadut Ḥaredit, IPA: [ħaʁeˈdi]; also spelled Charedi in English; plural Haredim or Charedim) consists of groups within Orthodox Judaism that are characterized by their strict adherence to halakha (Jewish law) and traditions, in opposition to modern values and practices.[1][2] Its members are usually referred to as ultra-Orthodox in English; however, the term "ultra-Orthodox" is considered pejorative by many of its adherents, who prefer terms like strictly Orthodox or Haredi.[3] Haredi Jews regard themselves as the most religiously authentic group of Jews,[4][5] although other movements of Judaism disagree.[6]

Some scholars have suggested that Haredi Judaism is a reaction to societal changes, including political emancipation, the Haskalah movement derived from the Enlightenment, acculturation, secularization, religious reform in all its forms from mild to extreme, and the rise of the Jewish national movement.[7] In contrast to Modern Orthodox Judaism, followers of Haredi Judaism segregate themselves from other parts of society to an extent. However, many Haredi communities encourage their young people to get a professional degree or establish a business. Furthermore, some Haredi groups, like Chabad-Lubavitch, encourage outreach to less observant and unaffiliated Jews and hilonim (secular Israeli Jews).[8] Thus, professional and social relationships often form between Haredi and non-Haredi Jews, as well as between Haredi Jews and non-Jews.[9]
The Wiki about the Haskalah movement
The Haskalah, often termed as the Jewish Enlightenment (Hebrew: הַשְׂכָּלָה; literally, "wisdom", "erudition" or "education"), was an intellectual movement among the Jews of Central and Eastern Europe, with a certain influence on those in Western Europe and the Muslim world. It arose as a defined ideological worldview during the 1770s, and its last stage ended around 1881, with the rise of Jewish emancipation.[1]

The Haskalah pursued two complementary aims. It sought to preserve the Jews as a separate, unique collective, and it pursued a set of projects of cultural and moral renewal, including a revival of Hebrew for use in secular life, which resulted in an increase in Hebrew found in print. Concurrently, it strove for an optimal integration in surrounding societies. Practitioners promoted the study of exogenous culture, style, and vernacular, and the adoption of modern values. At the same time, economic production, and the taking up of new occupations was pursued. The Haskalah promoted rationalism, liberalism, freedom of thought, and enquiry, and is largely perceived as the Jewish variant of the general Age of Enlightenment. The movement encompassed a wide spectrum ranging from moderates, who hoped for maximal compromise, to radicals, who sought sweeping changes.

In its various changes, the Haskalah fulfilled an important, though limited, part in the modernization of Central and Eastern European Jews. Its activists, the Maskilim, exhorted and implemented communal, educational and cultural reforms in both the public and the private spheres. Owing to its dual policies, it collided both with the traditionalist rabbinic elite, which attempted to preserve old Jewish values and norms in their entirety, and with the radical assimilationists who wished to eliminate or minimize the existence of the Jews as a defined collective.
Among the notable thinkers in this Haskalah movement, some are related to the area of what is now Western Ukraine:
From the proto-Maskilim, one came from a part that is now Western Ukraine: Solomon Dubno (Though he admittedly lived most of his life in Amsterdam)
Among those from what was then Austria and Galicia there are: Judah Löb Mieses (Western Ukraine, Lvov) • Solomon Judah Loeb Rapoport (Born in present day Western Ukraine, Lvov, died in Prague )• Joseph Perl (Western Ukraine, Ternopol Lvov was then Lemberg in the area of Galicia
Galicia (/ɡəˈlɪʃ(i)ə/ gə-LISH(-ee)-ə;[1] Polish: Galicja, IPA: [ɡaˈlit͡sja] ; Ukrainian: Галичина, romanized: Halychyna, IPA: [ɦɐlɪtʃɪˈnɑ]; Yiddish: גאַליציע, romanized: Galitsye) is a historical and geographic region spanning what is now southeastern Poland and western Ukraine, long part of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.[2][3][4] It covers much of the other historic regions of Red Ruthenia (centered on Lviv) and Lesser Poland (centered on Kraków).
From Russia, there were later these: Avrom Ber Gotlober (Western Ukraine, Starokonstantinov) • Abraham Mapu (Lithuania)• Samuel Joseph Fuenn (Lithuania) • Isaac Baer Levinsohn (Western Ukraine, Kremenets)

From the Wiki for History of the Jews in Ukraine
The history of the Jews in Ukraine dates back over a thousand years; Jewish communities have existed in the modern territory of Ukraine from the time of the Kievan Rus' (late 9th to mid-13th century).[10][11] Important Jewish religious and cultural movements, from Hasidism to Zionism, arose there. According to the World Jewish Congress, the Jewish community in Ukraine constitutes Europe's third-largest and the world's fifth-largest.[3]

At times it flourished, while at other times it faced persecution and anti-Semitic discrimination. In the Ukrainian People's Republic (1917-1920), Yiddish became a state language, along with Ukrainian and Russian. At that time, the Jewish National Union was created and the community was granted autonomous status.[12] Yiddish was used on Ukrainian currency between 1917 and 1920.[13] Before World War II, slightly less than one-third of Ukraine's urban population consisted of Jews.[14] Ukrainian Jews included sub-groups with distinct characteristics, including Ashkenazi Jews, Mountain Jews, Bukharan Jews, Crimean Karaites, Krymchak Jews, and Georgian Jews.
The same Wiki has a few names:
On the list of wealthy Ukrainian oligarchs, three of the top ten are from Jewish families according to their Wiki biographies: Victor Pinchuk (2) Ihor Kolomoyskyi (4) Henadiy Boholyubov (5). See also List of Ukrainian Jews. It is impressive!

Considering the statement from Lavrov, it is important that the current President of Ukraine, Zelensky is Jewish, and the irony is that Zelensky and some of the Jews alligned with him support the intentions of the Ukrainian nationalists, those that are fine with Bandera and others, who assisted the Nazi driven Germans during WW II to make life more miserable for the Jews of Ukraine. Still, we can be pretty sure, that the Jews that have roots in Ukraine and Russia are divided on the issue of whether to support the Ukrainian nationalists and oppose Russia. The statement from Lavrov could have the effect of stirring some of the Russian-Ukrainian-linked Jews, of which some are also Zionists, to drop their support for the Ukrainian nationalists, and their support for Zelensky, even if he is Jewish.

One could argue against such an intention on the part of Lavrov, for It is true, that Jews do not make up much of the current population of Ukraine. Here is a table with figures from the Wiki History of the Jews in Ukraine:
Historical Ukrainian Jewish population
YearPop.±%
1765300,000+650.0%
18972,680,000+793.3%
19262,720,000+1.5%
19412,700,000−0.7%
1959840,446−68.9%
1970777,406−7.5%
1979634,420−18.4%
1989487,555−23.1%
2001106,600−78.1%
201071,500−32.9%
201467,000−6.3%
With less than 100,000 out of what was then a population of around 40 million, it is now less than 1 in 400, though it probably was closer to one in 10 before WW II. Nevertheless, given the low number of Ukrainian Jews, a president and three out of ten oligarchs reflect that Ukrainian Jews have both power and influence. Putting a message out to a minority with connections around is not necessarily a bad idea. Now, will more Jews and Zionists realize that rooting for the policies of Zelensky, if they are still doing that, is a poor choice? And if more drop their support will it make a difference? The next year, 2024, may give the answer.

Back
Top Bottom