Japan - 8.9 Earthquake - Fukushima Meltdown

Not up on nuclear energy, but this one seems to fit what that older american nuc expert on Youtube mentioned years ago, couldnt find the link. How does it sound to anyone up on this stuff? This is from today's -- http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/
This is the answer to the question why Jimmy Carter Banned nuclear fuel reprocessing:

Admin insert - Get this, it's as good as ANY joke!

Keith wrote:

'The suspension of the reprocessing of nuclear fuel rods tied in with nuclear non-proliferation. There existed the serious threat of the diversion of materials from the civilian fuel cycle into military use. The effort, initially undertaken by President Ford, was also done to encourage other countries to curb their production of nuclear weapons. I hope this answers your question. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Keith J. Shuler

Archivist

My response:

This is a COMPLETE load of BUNK BECAUSE: Allowing the closing of the nuclear fuel cycle would keep the same fuel rods in the reactor for 50 or more years. One reactor, ONE FUEL CORE FOR LIFE.

Banning the closed loop fuel cycle made damn good and sure that each reactor produced 35 or more entire fuel cores that could spread around the world and proliferate.

So whoever came up with "closing the nuclear loop causes proliferation" ruse is either an idiot or a full blown scammer.

And on that note it is NOW time for an ENCORE:

BUSTED!!!!

"Federal government" BUSTED for forcing American nuclear industry to become a ticking time bomb

Banning the closed loop nuclear fuel cycle put an end to America's free energy future and created a nuclear nightmare that was never supposed to happen.

Jim Stone, Updated on July 22, 2013

Americans have been told their nuclear waste must go somewhere. Americans have been told their spent reactor fuel needs to be stored inside a mountain in the desert, where it will sit as a threat and menace to the world for millions of years. Americans have been told there is nothing they can do about it. But what if they have been told a lie? What if that "spent fuel" was not spent at all? What if a technology existed which allowed the same fuel to be used over and over, twenty times in fact, and expended so fully that fuel rods would be safe enough to handle directly out of the reactor? Think any "spent fuel pools" would be full? And even if this technology never existed,

What if foreign nations, (France was one) offered to buy this fuel from America for billions of dollars only to have the American Government refuse the offer for no reason at all? Certainly allowing France to have it would solve the problem of getting rid of it. And the final question, WHY would the American Government want so much nuclear material sitting around the country - enough to make countless atomic bombs - only to have it become a threat to America's national security? Could it be that for many years America has not had a legitimate government, and instead has had a band of invaders in power who have intentionally set America up for a fall? After reading this report, I believe you will be inclined to think so.

This report consists of hard scientific fact and even harder answers.

During my journey of discovery in my investigation into the Fukushima disaster, I interviewed an 85 year old nuclear engineer who worked in the nuclear industry during America's glory days, an engineer who earned GE over 100 patents. He was one of the engineers who designed Fukushima, so naturally when conducting an investigation into such a disaster a journalist would want that type of reference. He was surprised when my prior study of reactor systems was so thorough that he had no information about Fukushima I did not already dig up, and he was very surprised when I told him details about the inner workings of his own reactor design he never expected anyone in the media to know.

When I started to think I was going to walk away with nothing new, he began to talk about an entirely different subject. He began his new direction in the discussion with the phrase "My team succeeded in closing the nuclear loop, and Carter banned our miracle with an executive order

"I started in the American nuclear program all the way back at the time of the Manhattan project, and have been involved in reactor design and nuclear engineering my whole life. There was one answer we all searched for, and it was how to close the nuclear loop.

When a reactor such as a boiling water reactor uses fuel, the waste products, which are highly radioactive isotopes that have a different fission characteristic than the original fuel, build up in the fuel and change the nature of the nuclear reaction. A reactor such as a boiling water reactor can only use the fuel until it gets contaminated by these isotopes enough to change the nature of the nuclear reactions taking place. The reaction environment inside a boiling water reactor is only one such environment which will work to trigger a chain reaction, and if that spent fuel is put into a reactor made from different materials, those materials can favor the burning of the isotopes which interfere with the chain reactions in the boiling water reactor and use these interfering isotopes as fuel until they are consumed. After this process, which restores the fuel to it's original state is complete, the fuel can go back into the boiling water reactor and used as new with no reprocessing - the exact same rods can be exchanged between reactors.

We perfected the second reactor design which used liquid sodium as a coolant and the reactor ran much hotter - 1100 farenheit as opposed to 550 in a boiling water reactor. The liquid sodium circulated inside the reactor instead of water, with the heat of the reaction being removed from the system by a heat exchanger which produced steam outside the reactor for use in producing electricity. The temperature difference and coolant characteristics in the complimentary reactor facilitated the burning of the isotopes, and you got to use both sides of the reaction - the boiling water reactor produced electricity while producing unwanted isotopes, and the sodium cooled reactor produced electricity while burning the unwanted isotopes out. This process could be repeated 20 times, and when it was finished the fuel was DEAD and no longer hazardous because all of it's radiological potential was used up. It was a clean energy dream come true, and Carter banned it by executive order!"

He specifically stated that the burn down was so complete that the spent fuel was safe to handle directly with bare hands, and needed no special care or maintenance at all, and after I questioned him about exactly how safe, said you could safely sleep on it. I questioned him several times, saying he must be exaggerating, but he said ALL radiological potential was used, and the fuel was completely inert at the end of the final cycle.

Many people know about the liquid sodium breeder reactor developed by General Electric in the late 1970's but few people know the real story about this reactor, which this engineer developed. To back stab the public image of this reactor, it was stated that it's rods would stick and that liquid sodium was too dangerous to use as a coolant. But this engineer, the man who developed it, stated that this media campaign was a pure psy op which like many things the media and government says had no truth to it at all.

He then went on to lament about what a waste of money it was to have the technology banned because nuclear fuel is expensive and they were only able to use it to about five percent of its total potential without implementing this technology. He lamented the fact that his life's greatest accomplishment got banned for no good reason, and it was a tremendous waste of money to not use the technology his team developed. Electricity would have been cheap. So cheap that homes would not have been heated with oil or natural gas, electricity would have been the only sensible choice. Furthermore, with a reduction in the price of electricity by at least 10X, electric cars would have quickly become a standard.

This would have been America's free energy future, with the only real cost being maintenance of infrastructure.

He was sad that we were now paying too much for electricity. I guess that's how an engineer thinks. He had read my article about Fukushima and liked it, so it is an easy guess that his eyes were open to the global conspiracy. But I think he missed the obvious in what he said.

Here is what I think about this technology being banned, and it has nothing to do with preservation of resources or free energy.

Nuclear reactors are huge. They have an enormous amount of nuclear material in them. One boiling water reactor core the size of the ones at Fukushima, which have a thermal potential of three gigawatts and an electrical generating capacity of one gigawatt can easily hold enough fissionable material to make many atomic bombs. And with the technology that makes re-using that fuel illegal, it builds up in the cooling pools at a rate of 25 tons per electrical gigawatt YEAR. This means that after 40 years of fuel buildup even small 500 megawatt facilities have approximately a million pounds of highly radioactive fuel sitting in their pools waiting for the right combination of problems to cause a disaster.

Because the Japanese were at least allowed by their government to use a reprocessing technology inferior to what this engineer spoke of, Fukushima only had approximately 250,000 pounds of "spent" fuel at each reactor site, which remained intact throughout the disaster. But because in America no reprocessing is allowed at all in any form, the fukushima equivalents in America, such as TVA operated Browns Ferry and NSP operated Prairie Island have no fewer than two million pounds of "spent" fuel at each reactor site, which means that Browns Ferry alone could, in a worst case scenario, far exceed the damage done by Fukushima.

Contrary to what the scamming mainstream press has reported, Fukushima reactor 3 was destroyed entirely while at 3,000 PSI (far beyond specifications) which resulted in a complete core expulsion. This threw approximately 100,000 pounds of fuel into the environment, much of it in the form of brown dust that badly contaminated the entire surrounding area and was found around the world. Seldom reported in the press is the fact that the Fukushima site was so badly contaminated that it could not be approached, and remote control and robots were used in the months following the disaster to get the radiation down to a survivable level after the first three people to explore the site died. At 100,000 pounds of expelled material, reactor 3 could have produced at most 2 percent of the total contamination possible from a large American nuclear facility. This puts the possible disaster from Browns ferry at 50 to 100 times worse than Fukushima. Multiply that by Prairie Island and the over 100 other similar sized nuclear facilities in America and it is not hard to calculate that a serious national security threat exists.

America's nuclear waste problem was intentionally created

When GE and others designed the nuclear facilities both in America and abroad, they had calculated that they would indeed succeed in closing the nuclear loop. So they designed the nuclear facilities with an approximate 20X safety margin in the fuel pools, because they did not have a clear date on when the technology would be perfected. It was my impression from this engineer that they got it sooner than expected. So fortunately the fuel pools were over built, but despite being over built they were never designed to withstand the fuel burdens that would result from a political decision to destroy the closed loop fuel cycle technology altogether.

So now, 40 years after the ban, America has fuel pools around the country that are so full that they have exceeded even the extremely generous safety margins they were originally designed to have, and even modest pools often have over 400 tons of highly active isotope ridden "spent" fuel in them.

Having functional fuel pool cooling systems was never intended to be necessary. GE and others wanted only a fractional core of fuel sitting in a pool at any one time, with at most one or two entire cores, not 15 or 20. If all cooling systems failed with only the intended maximum of one or two cores sitting in a pool there would be no boiling of the water in the pool, no pending disaster possible from equipment failure no matter how severe. But the way it is now, if there is any sort of attack or disaster which prevents fuel pool maintenance at any of the facilities in America for a period exceeding three days, the water will boil off, the fuel will catch fire and a nuclear disaster of unimaginable magnitude far in excess of Fukushima will take place. And it never needed to be this way, in fact, the situation is criminal.
Foreign nations offered help, but the American government said NO

Upon recognizing the lunacy of America's Federally mandated nuclear sabotage, countries like France and Germany offered to buy America's 5% spent fuel for billions of dollars. They were not held political hostage by a hostile government, and could certainly use a source of cheap fuel. But rather than accept this offer,the American government mandated NO transport of the fuel to foreign nations, no further use whatsoever. American nuclear facilities were forced by Federal regulation to use approximately 5 percent of the fuel's radiological potential, leaving 95 percent of the radiological hazard remaining, and subsequently forced to keep it in a fuel pool that needs continuous maintenance. While arguing against this report, shills have said it was the import/export restrictions which caused such a dangerous situation in America, but since those laws were written by the same government that banned the closing of the "nuclear loop", the export restrictions are only a further indictment of the FED for causing this problem.

Simultaneous with the intentional building of the threat from having so much nuclear material sitting around came all the government scandals and lies about needing to put the fuel somewhere. Inside a mountain in the desert. Inside a dry cask. Maybe in the ocean, all the while the general American public was kept oblivious to the obvious answer: If they were not allowed to use it because of a nonsensical piece of legislation, why not let someone else have it, when other nations are willing to even pay for it?

Here is what I believe is the answer. And this answer needs to be spread far and wide.
[/b
]Whatever you think of Kennedy, on the day of his death he was America's last hope. No President since has been anything other than a puppet for an enemy infiltrator, The enemy is not only inside the gates, it has been taking a paycheck from the American people for over 45 years.

Consider this: America's government intentionally put in place policies that de-industrialized America. That's an act of war. The American government put in place policies that intentionally destroyed America's schools. That's an act of war. And I consider forcing via mandate the buildup of hundreds of thousands, if not millions of nuclear warheads worth of perfectly good reactor fuel just waiting for a disaster to be an act of war as well - Only an enemy would intentionally mandate the creation of such a threat, who on earth would, other than someone who hated America? Not only did America lose a marvelous clean virtually free energy future, that future got converted into a threat that could very easily destroy the nation and take much of the world with it. All it would take to kill America, with America's nuclear facilities drastically overloaded with 5% spent fuel, is 150 smart bombs. One successful bombing run and it is over. And that's not even taking into consideration other disaster scenarios, such as earthquakes and computer virus attacks.

The enemy of America is now in complete control of the nation

Ever since Kennedy's assassination America has not had a true representative government, especially starting with Carter. When I worked for the NSA, I saw a few computers which were identical to the early vote counting computers, and they could be set to loop a single ballot over and over again. With a scammed vote, America got over-run by outsiders who wanted the country destroyed. Prior to 1973 America was only going upward, and anyone who wanted to see America destroyed or enslaved would never permit Americans to get virtually free energy. The enemy would lose oil profits. They would potentially lose control of energy, leaving the financial system the only means of forced social compliance outside of a hot war and the enemy wanted control options. True clean energy had to be stopped.

The enemy of America is a sinister enemy. It is a small group of religiously "elite" people who weaponize everything. They have weponized sympathy, victim status, water systems, vaccines, genetically modified organisms and even terror - anything they have been able to think of, and have used these things and many more to cause destruction. And the nuclear industry, now blocked from a dream come true technology, can be used as a weapon.

The truth in this is undeniable

There is plenty of proof. No shill can stop people from checking out the history of other nations, such as Germany, France and Russia offering America BILLIONS for this not so "spent" fuel, which can only sit as a hazard after a political decision banning technologies which allow for it's purification at the same time additional political decisions have banned it's export. This hazard has been unnecessarily and intentionally accumulating for years. It's the equivalent of keeping a 5,000 gallon tank of petrol in your bedroom. Better hope all is well with it.

I honestly feel that banning this miracle technology; you should have heard the sparkle, the awe in the old man's voice when he said they closed the "nuclear loop", and the sadness, despair and anger expressed at it's being banned; I feel it was an act of war against America. There were never any accidents associated with this technology, according to this engineer everything negative said about it was a bold faced lie spoken by people of ill intent. America's nuclear waste problem is not scientific, it is political.

I believe this nuclear engineer opened up and told me about this because I was the first journalist he ever encountered that actually understood nuclear technology. He knew I would understand what he said and subsequently bring this story to the public. But outside of making the public aware by telling his story in an article such as this, what more can I do when the power structure that could remedy this problem immediately is the enemy of the American people?

-----

Jim Stone said:
Consider this: America's government intentionally put in place policies that de-industrialized America.

This wasn't done intentionally. Wholesale outsourcing always takes place prior to an empire's collapse. The money's gotta go where it can get MORE, MORE, MORE.

So no, it isn't 'BUSTED WIDE OPEN!', it's just another sign of the times.

But is the idea correct? Never heard of this before, so 'new to me'... but it fits other stuff I've heard/read. The puzzle piece seems to fit the propaganda of nuclear energy, its 'dangers' etc. Same argument is used in various fields to maintain control.... to scare people off... sort of like 'ISIS' killing off a few do-gooders, indie reporters etc... Wizard of Oz affect.

Does the science look accurate? That's what I was interested in.

gdpetti said:

Same here. I don't know just how 'clean' nuclear power is or could be, but there is a lot of analysis suggesting that civilian use of nuclear power in general has been deliberately maligned in order to maintain Western hegemony via the Seven Sisters' oil spigot. If you keep countries dependent on 'scarce' oil, they won't do anything crazy like become 100% energy-independent by building nuclear power plants.

Thing is though, we're discussing this on a thread about a major nuclear accident that appears to have - and will continue to have - enormous negative environmental ramifications. Japanese engineers just never saw a tsunami that size coming. With that kind of lack of knowledge or foresight, can modern civilization - such as it is - ever 'play with this particular fire' in a safe and reliable way?

Niall said:
gdpetti said:

Same here. I don't know just how 'clean' nuclear power is or could be, but there is a lot of analysis suggesting that civilian use of nuclear power in general has been deliberately maligned in order to maintain Western hegemony via the Seven Sisters' oil spigot. If you keep countries dependent on 'scarce' oil, they won't do anything crazy like become 100% energy-independent by building nuclear power plants.

Thing is though, we're discussing this on a thread about a major nuclear accident that appears to have - and will continue to have - enormous negative environmental ramifications. Japanese engineers just never saw a tsunami that size coming. With that kind of lack of knowledge or foresight, can modern civilization - such as it is - ever 'play with this particular fire' in a safe and reliable way?

Yes, good point. There is definitely a difference, and on top of our lack of sufficient technology to harness this sort of power safely and effectively is our level of growth in the bigger scheme of things. Modern civilization seems ill equipped. Tesla would have preferred otherwise I think. It shows where the cultural power lies. And, although it may be a great source of energy in some senses, it is, unfortunately, a potential disaster in the making should any kind of decent cosmic force strike. I hesitate to think of the effect on human, animal, and plant populations in the wake of a comet hitting near any of these facilities. It is sad that we have failed as stewards of the planet.

This is a COMPLETE load of BUNK BECAUSE: Allowing the closing of the nuclear fuel cycle would keep the same fuel rods in the reactor for 50 or more years. One reactor, ONE FUEL CORE FOR LIFE.
The reactors get embrittled from neutron bombardment. See Wigner effect. Solving the fuel cycle would still not allow an aging reactor to safely operate with concrete, steel, and shrouds cracking and deteriorating.

When I started to think I was going to walk away with nothing new, he began to talk about an entirely different subject. He began his new direction in the discussion with the phrase "My team succeeded in closing the nuclear loop, and Carter banned our miracle with an executive order
If a GE team solved the cycle it would be developed somewhere, a Carter ban would not be able to stop that money making miracle for long. Carter worked at the cleanup of the partially melted Chalk River reactor and because of that experience he did not pursue the completion of the neutron bomb. The life long GE nuclear engineer may have had an agenda with his story.

Closing the nuclear fuel cycle would be great news for nuclear power. I can’t imagine any government banning that technology. Covering up that kind of technology sure, but then implementing it in top secret facilities. From what I’ve read, the US and France both tried and failed to close the cycle. Fort Saint Vrain was one such failed sodium reactor experiment. The task was given to the Japanese and they have built the latest in reprocessing facilities, currently sitting idle, with fuel piling up. The DOE is responsible for spent fuel disposal, not individual energy companies. DOE wanted Yucca Mountain, couldn’t get it, and they started using WIPP for high level waste. WIPP was not meant for later retrieval since the salt would collapse and seal in the waste. WIPP failed earlier than expected, now the waste piles up again. IMO, it is wishful thinking to keep the hope of closing the fuel cycle alive, to buy time until such technology might be developed, because the costs of waste disposal are enormous.

The MIC needs both Big Oil and Big Nuke to maintain control and won’t give up either one.

News from Firewinds! Arnie Gunderson.
re the meltdowns at Fukushima Daiichi over? The answer is no. In Fairewinds’ latest video, Chief Engineer and nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen updates viewers on what’s going on at the Japanese nuclear meltdown site, Fukushima Daiichi. As the Japanese government and utility owner Tokyo Electric Power Company push for the quick decommissioning and dismantling of this man-made disaster, the press and scientists need to ask, “Why is the Ukrainian government waiting at least 100 years to attempt to decommission Chernobyl, while the Japanese Government and TEPCO claim that Fukushima Daiichi will be decommissioned and dismantled during the next 30 years?”

Like so many big government + big business controversies, the answer has nothing to do with science, and everything to do with politics and money. To understand Fukushima Daiichi, you need to follow the money.

https://vimeo.com/133683521

Arnie is telling us what the industry has known all along, the melted cores are leaching into the groundwater and out to sea. Fukushima is a radioactive swamp. If they close the bay to the sea Pacific Ocean life might survive, but the site becomes too radioactive. Diverting groundwater might stop some cooling of the melts and it won't dilute, dilute, dilute...leaking that radioactive water away. TEPCO/Japan would rather you didn't know that their broken reactors are poisoning the sea, and the radiation will increase no matter how fast they try to dilute. The nuke cartel is trying to raise allowable radiation exposure limits again and keeping bad news out of the press because that news is getting worse.

Nuclear core material has never come in contact with groundwater except in the distant past. Read about The Workings of an Ancient Nuclear Reactor, the Oklo deposit in Gabon.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ancient-nuclear-reactor/
"Then, as more water returned to the reaction zone, neutrons became properly moderated and fission once again resumed, allowing the cycle of heating and cooling to repeat. "

There are many indications that fission has resumed at Fukushima. See my posts at Gamma on cams. http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,39017.0.html

This is some interesting interview.

In her film Little Voices from Fukushima, director Hitomi Kamanaka moves between two communities impacted by nuclear disaster- an area in Belarus that saw the effects of Chernobyl, and a community in Fukushima. Kamanaka looks to Belarus to see what, if any, lessons there might be for Fukushima’s residents. Hitomi Kamanaka and Norma Field, professor of Japanese studies at the University of Chicago join us to talk about what’s happened in Fukushima since the nuclear disaster struck in 2011

_https://soundcloud.com/wbez-worldview/little-voices-from-fukushima

Japan authorities are going insane more and more!

An interview with Ken sakamoto : Protecting Housing Subsidies for Evacuees

In English on the site. In German on the FB site. I'll try to copy it here.

_http://www.evacuate-fukushima.com/2015/11/ken-sakamoto-protecting-housing-subsidies-for-evacuees/

In the light of the upcoming Tokyo Olympics and its bid to show the world that Japan has fully recovered from the triple disaster that hit Tohoku in 2011, including the ongoing nuclear crisis in Fukushima and beyond, Shinzo Abe and local governments have made it clear to tens of thousands of evacuees that it is time to go home. Japan claims that sufficient decontamination work has been concluded to return evacuees safely to their contaminated land. But most aren’t buying into the many propaganda tactics by local governments and are reticent to go back, rightfully so. In order to speed up the return process, the government has adopted drastic measures, such as cutting all housing subsidies and other compensations to most evacuees, by year 2018, forcing evacuees to return.

Though poorly reported by the Japanese media, Fukushima has experienced an increasing resistance from residents on this issue and numerous citizens have organized into fierce and dedicated groups and NPOs to fight against these pressuring reforms. One of their most dedicated leader is Ken Sakamoto, which I have had the privilege to meet via social Networks and introduced to me by my dear friend and member of Evacuate Fukushima 福島の子供を守れ; Yukiko Young. Sakamoto san is an incredible human being and is fighting, body and soul, to protect the lives of children and residents in Fukushima.

Sakamoto san has accepted to interview with us and we have promised to him to SHARE the voices of Fukushima – otherwise silenced by an unwilling media body. So please, support him and the thousands of victims by reading this interview and to share aplenty. At the end of this, you will find links wherein you may donate money that will directly come in help of these victims. Many people have asked me how they could help in terms of donation, this is it!

Here is the German translation of the interview, done by Susanne.

_https://www.facebook.com/notes/musashi-miyamoto/interview-mit-ken-sakamoto/10153325369343763

I don't know if it has been posted already, but there is a japanese journalist(edited), Richard Koshimizu, who made a serie of video about the Fukushima nuclear event & the earthquake, suggesting it was the result of underground explosion in the sea, because of the sequence of the explosion and for other reasons.

(added)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HyGUjuDK_E

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=The+truth+of+311+seismic+terror+By+Richard+Koshimizu

There are several videos, and there are very interesting, as he keeps to a scientific point of view.

Check Koshimizu's shirt color to sort out splitted movies :)

Kaigen said:
Japan authorities are going insane more and more!

An interview with Ken sakamoto : Protecting Housing Subsidies for Evacuees

In English on the site. In German on the FB site. I'll try to copy it here.

_http://www.evacuate-fukushima.com/2015/11/ken-sakamoto-protecting-housing-subsidies-for-evacuees/

In the light of the upcoming Tokyo Olympics and its bid to show the world that Japan has fully recovered from the triple disaster that hit Tohoku in 2011, including the ongoing nuclear crisis in Fukushima and beyond, Shinzo Abe and local governments have made it clear to tens of thousands of evacuees that it is time to go home. Japan claims that sufficient decontamination work has been concluded to return evacuees safely to their contaminated land. But most aren’t buying into the many propaganda tactics by local governments and are reticent to go back, rightfully so. In order to speed up the return process, the government has adopted drastic measures, such as cutting all housing subsidies and other compensations to most evacuees, by year 2018, forcing evacuees to return.

Though poorly reported by the Japanese media, Fukushima has experienced an increasing resistance from residents on this issue and numerous citizens have organized into fierce and dedicated groups and NPOs to fight against these pressuring reforms. One of their most dedicated leader is Ken Sakamoto, which I have had the privilege to meet via social Networks and introduced to me by my dear friend and member of Evacuate Fukushima 福島の子供を守れ; Yukiko Young. Sakamoto san is an incredible human being and is fighting, body and soul, to protect the lives of children and residents in Fukushima.

Sakamoto san has accepted to interview with us and we have promised to him to SHARE the voices of Fukushima – otherwise silenced by an unwilling media body. So please, support him and the thousands of victims by reading this interview and to share aplenty. At the end of this, you will find links wherein you may donate money that will directly come in help of these victims. Many people have asked me how they could help in terms of donation, this is it!

Heartless government. :(

Just checking out this site, and noticed an article on the economic budget of the government (siphoned off the public for TEPCO) for decontamination etc.

Decontamination budget hits record

December 17, 2015
Japan’s radiation decontamination budget to hit record ¥522.3 billion

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/12/17/national/japans-radiation-decontamination-budget-to-hit-record-%C2%A5522-3-billion/#.VnKD9r8R-ic

JIJI

The Environment Ministry has sought a record ¥522.3 billion in its budget proposal for fiscal 2016, with most of the spend related to decontamination work in areas affected by the March 2011 nuclear disaster.

The proposed figure for the year from April, presented at a meeting led by the ruling Liberal Democratic Party’s environment policy division on Wednesday, was up from some ¥450 billion in this summer’s budget request.

The increase reflected higher-than-expected costs for decontamination work shouldered by the Fukushima Prefecture government, which hosts Tokyo Electric Power Co.’s Fukushima No. 1 power plant, the site of the nuclear accident.

Decontamination work is conducted by municipalities, backed by financial support from the central government.

The government also plans to book some ¥78.3 billion for decontamination costs in a fiscal 2015 supplementary budget proposal.

With municipalities aiming to finish decontamination work by the end of fiscal 2016, the central government will look to help accelerate the efforts by boosting the budget.

In the fiscal 2016 budget proposal, the ministry also included some ¥134.6 billion mainly for maintenance costs for interim facilities where contaminated soil is temporarily kept.

A further ¥214 billion is for costs related to the disposal of radioactive substances and other designated waste produced by the nuclear accident.

Tepco considers evaporating 800,000 m3 of Tritium water to the air... http://fukushima-diary.com/2015/12/tepco-considers-evaporating-800000-m3-of-tritium-water-to-the-air/#fr

Tepco announced the possibility of evaporating Tritium water retained in Fukushima plant area. It was reported in the task force of METI (Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry).

From their report, the estimated volume to be released is 800,000 m3. 400 m3 of Tritium water is expected to be released per day.

The maximum density of Tritium is 4,200,000,000 Bq/m3.

The water is reportedly vaporized at 900 ~ 1,000 ℃, released to the atmosphere at 60m above the ground.

Tepco states the maximum density becomes lower than 5,000 Bq/m3 at 40m area from the releasing point, which is the notice concentration limit.

Tritium is just one the worst radio-active pollutants...

It has been a long time in checking up on Arnie Gundersen and his take on Fukushima Daiichi - went looking for updates ahead of the Olympics.

Two articles in 2019 (series):

Part I - snip

To determine whether or not Olympic athletes might be affected by fallout emanating from the disaster site, Dr. Marco Kaltofen and I were sponsored by Fairewinds Energy Education to look at Olympic venues during the fall of 2017. We took simple dirt and dust samples along the Olympic torch route as well as inside Fukushima’s Olympic stadium and as far away as Tokyo. When the Olympic torch route and Olympic stadium samples were tested, we found samples of dirt in Fukushima’s Olympic Baseball Stadium that were highly radioactive, registering 6,000 Bq/kg of Cesium, which is 3,000 times more radioactive than dirt in the US. We also found that simple parking lot radiation levels were 50-times higher there than here in the US.

Thirty of the dirt and fine dust samples that I took on my last two trips to Japan in February and March 2016 and September 2017 were analyzed at WPI (Worchester Polytechnic Institute. The WPI laboratory analysis are detailed in the report entitled: Measuring Radioactivity in Soil and Dust Samples from Japan, T. Pham, S. Franca and S. Nguyen, Worchester Polytechnic Institute, which found that:...

Part II - snip

The people living in and around the Fukushima Daiichi disaster were informed by Japan’s government that they must return to their contaminated homes and villages if the radiation levels there were 2 Rem, even though they are being subjected to daily doses of radiation that is 20 times higher than any people living near any nuclear plants in Japan were ever subjected to.

Rather than completing an effective cleanup, Japan’s government is forcing its evacuees to return to their allegedly clean but still highly contaminated homes if they wanted to continue to receive their financial refugee stipend. There are three fundamental problems that make the exposure to Japanese civilians much worse than the new dose limit.

The first problem is with the government of Japan’s clearance criteria that only areas in and around homes have been allegedly decontaminated. I measured radiation along highways and then 50-feet into the surrounding woods, only to find that the woods remained highly contaminated, so that when it rains or snows, or the wind blows the dust or pollen from the woods, that radiation migrates back to people’s supposedly clean and radiation-free homes. I went to the top of 4-story high rooftops in Minamisoma that had been completely cleaned and repainted following the meltdowns. These rooftops were recontaminated by dust on the wind, blowing in radiation from the surrounding mountains. Peoples’ homes and communities that were claimed to be clean are indeed being recontaminated every day.

The second problem is that the government of Japan is measuring only one type of radiation prior to forcing the refugees to return. Only the direct radiation from cesium is being measured with handheld Geiger Counters. Such measurements are the measurement of external gamma rays that travel through the human body uniformly, much like X-rays. Dr. Marco Kaltofen and I have long noted that ingestion of small radioactive particles, called hot particles or fine radioactive dust (or nanoparticles), migrate into peoples’ lungs and GI systems causing internal organs to receive heavy radiation doses for years on end. TEPCO and the government of Japan are ignoring the presence of these hot particles.

The third and final problem is that some hot particles are extraordinarily radioactive, much more so than the average hot particles. In a peer-reviewed paper that Dr. Kaltofen and I wrote, we detail our scientific research which proves that more than 5% of these particles are up to 10,000 times more radioactive than the average of all 300-particles we studied. Of course, this means that peoples’ internal organs are constantly bombarded with extraordinarily high levels of radiation, much higher than the civilian evacuees are subjected to.

These three additional selfie-videos that I took while in Fukushima during September 2017 show what is really happening near Fukushima. We cannot forget about the magnitude of these exposures to all people in order to create an image of normalcy by Japan’s hosting of the Tokyo Olympics.
[...]
The bottom line is that to reduce cleanup costs while spending enormous funds on the Olympics, the government of Japan treats its 160,000 Fukushima evacuees as if they were radiation Guinea Pigs, forcing them to return to recontaminated areas to try and convince the world everything is ok, meanwhile making it difficult for serious scientists to accurately assess the effects of radiation on these evacuees. The billions of dollars being spent on the Olympics would be much better used to help those displaced by the Fukushima Daiichi disaster. Help these families find permanent homes and employment and new supportive communities far away from the contaminated areas that they are now forcibly being returned to.

There are 2 articles looking at Typhoon Hagibis back in October (14th and 16th respectively) here and here. They discuss (among other things) the redistribution of contaminated soils from high up to low lying areas, and the continuous erosion and backwash into the ocean of same.

There is actually a lot to catch up on - all things Fukushima Daiichi, and not just on Arnie's site. I've yet to get an update focus on the reactors, yet briefly not long ago they were still inserting cameras to assess - see 5 articles 2018.

Back
Top Bottom