Japan

loreta

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
When I read about Japan, by Japanese writers or by travelers who went to Japan at the beginning of the 20 century, I feel at home. It is a very strange sensation, like I recognise things, maybe in another life I was there, who knows, it is something that I can not explain. I have to admit, I know the Japan of writers and of the great movie directors and for me this is enough to love Japan. One day I will go in this so strange country where people seems to me very gentle.

Then you have the other side of the story, how bad Japan was during the war. But also how much they suffered during the war even if this side of the story is ignored most often of the time. Like if the two atomic bombs they received were not happened.

If I was younger and not married I would try to go to Japan to live there. But eh! for now I am happy reading the fantastic authors this country have and see once in a while a good Kurosawa movie. :-)

There is a very good documentary about Japan by the German director Wim Wenders who went to Japan talking about the Japan of today but also looking for the Japan of the great master director of movies, Ozu. A really interesting film.

Last edited:

goyacobol

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
There is a very good documentary about Japan by the German director Wim Wenders who went to Japan talking about the Japan of today but also looking for the Japan of the great master director of movies, Ozu. A really interesting film.
@loreta, I couldn't get the link to work but found what may be the same video by searching for the visible title.

Tokyo-Ga - Pachinko & Mu

It was interesting to watch. It reminds me of Vegas slot machines with a unique flavor and style.

loreta

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
@loreta, I couldn't get the link to work but found what may be the same video by searching for the visible title.

Tokyo-Ga - Pachinko & Mu

It was interesting to watch. It reminds me of Vegas slot machines with a unique flavor and style.
Yes Goyacobol, this 5 minutes are from the Wim Wenders movie. I don't understand why the link did not work. I put it here again if you want to see more about this movie.

goyacobol

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Yes Goyacobol, this 5 minutes are from the Wim Wenders movie. I don't understand why the link did not work. I put it here again if you want to see more about this movie.
@loreta ,

I think it is blocked for my country due to copyright grounds. For some reason I can still view them if I find the same title on YouTube though.

Video unavailable.png

Top Bottom