Jeff Volek - The Many Facets of Keto-Adaptation Video

Gaby said:
One idea: I upload the documents (hopefully this week) and health lovers and gurus of the forum can read it. After feedback, we could put it on kindle as QFG research and compilation of several sources. If anything, as a guide for newbies or if members want to pass around the word based on this forum's research. The docs can be shared publicly, but further edits and polishing could be available through kindle. :huh:

It synthesizes a TON of stuff. And it is all derived from this forum in one way or another.

Well, I don't know. I just want to get it out there because I think it is pretty good and extremely helpful for newbies. And that Ebola outbreak has me a little bit worried...

Just imagine arriving into this forum, having to catch up with hundreds of must read pages in various threads, plus dozens of recommended health books. Not to mention hundreds of articles in the sott database. I don't know, some might understandably faint :P At least with a guide they can start something as they get up to date. Keto-adaptation takes a few weeks up to months, still, better than nothing.

My 2 cents!

Sounds like a plan, kind of like how people chimed in on the Life is Religion booklet. And as for part in bold above, I can tell you, it's beyond overwhelming! Hence my signature quote!

I'm looking forward to reading the document & helping in any way I can. And a heart-felt thank you for all your efforts Gaby! :)

Gaby said:
Arwenn said:
Gaby, what a great idea to have a synthesis of all of the keto and Diet threads into a document! :flowers: And thank you so very much for distilling all that information-I think it'll be handy not just for Newbies, but for everyone here. The amount of information we have on some threads here is overwhelming. Is the any way that you can copyright it though? It's distressing to have your work plagiarized, and you were spot on with your example above (it is literally copied word for word). :/

One idea: I upload the documents (hopefully this week) and health lovers and gurus of the forum can read it. After feedback, we could put it on kindle as QFG research and compilation of several sources. If anything, as a guide for newbies or if members want to pass around the word based on this forum's research. The docs can be shared publicly, but further edits and polishing could be available through kindle. :huh:

It synthesizes a TON of stuff. And it is all derived from this forum in one way or another.

Well, I don't know. I just want to get it out there because I think it is pretty good and extremely helpful for newbies. And that Ebola outbreak has me a little bit worried...

Just imagine arriving into this forum, having to catch up with hundreds of must read pages in various threads, plus dozens of recommended health books. Not to mention hundreds of articles in the sott database. I don't know, some might understandably faint :P At least with a guide they can start something as they get up to date. Keto-adaptation takes a few weeks up to months, still, better than nothing.

My 2 cents!

This project sounds great. If you want to make it available as a book, then how about making the free versions available in PDF format - e.g. having it uploaded to cassiopaea.org like some other freely available PDFs are? As for the later versions and publishing them on Kindle, that sounds good, but I think you should definitely consider paperback in addition, since the material will be an important resource of lasting value and Kindle is not future-proof.

Once these documents/book(s) are given an initial go-over, then it sounds like they would do well to be given a prominent place on the recommended books list. How exactly it will change the rec. books list remains to seen until people read the documents, but it looks like it could make for a rearrangement helpful for newbies. It might save a lot of people a lot of time, and perhaps also money for books that then become less critical. OSIT.

As you pointed out, making this information more accessible at this time is very important. Good luck with the project!

Psalehesost said:
As you pointed out, making this information more accessible at this time is very important. Good luck with the project!

It is coming together. But I'm realizing that I'll need a few more days to put all the stuff that it needs or that I want to add in, including updates of the last year or so :P At least it will be pretty comprehensive.

I hope people post more recipes or experiences. I find the recipe section a teensy bit short! Well, on the other hand, with the fat bomb custard who needs variety :D

I just finished reading "Keto-Adapted: Your guide to accelerated weight loss and healthy healing" by Maria Emmerich.

She gave credit to The Ketogenic Diet - An Overview on note number 50. So that is good. :)

Gaby said:
Psalehesost said:

It is coming together. But I'm realizing that I'll need a few more days to put all the stuff that it needs or that I want to add in, including updates of the last year or so :P At least it will be pretty comprehensive.

I hope people post more recipes or experiences. I find the recipe section a teensy bit short! Well, on the other hand, with the fat bomb custard who needs variety :D

I just finished reading "Keto-Adapted: Your guide to accelerated weight loss and healthy healing" by Maria Emmerich.

She gave credit to The Ketogenic Diet - An Overview on note number 50. So that is good. :)

I've searched the forum but haven't found anything on what a Fat Bomb is, and how to make it. Could someone point me in the right direction please. Thanks :)

Psalehesost said:
Paddyjohn said:
I've searched the forum but haven't found anything on what a Fat Bomb is, and how to make it. Could someone point me in the right direction please. Thanks :)

Check the Keto recipes thread. Particularly this post.

Perfect. Thanks, Psalehesost.

Not sure why my search didn't bring that up. I set it to cover 'entire forum.'

Thanks again.

Fluffy said:
chia seed soaked in water is a great egg replacement at a ratio of 1:9 chia + water.

is anyone else testing their ketones???
mine were off the chart this morning and I was feeling really unwell until I had a few sticks of celery and a handful of baby spinach in my coconut cream scrambled eggs..
Thinking I need to have a few carbs to keep up with breastmilk supply too.. For those who can do a bit of carbs this recipe is awaesome for fat, protein and a bit of carb

Almond Meal Bread
1cup almond meal
1/4-1/2 cup of oil of choice
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt

mix together, mold onto a oiled plate and put into microwave for 3ish minutes. It wont grow.
eat hot with loads butter and friends :)

Hi Fluffy, how are you measuring your ketones? Using the ketosticks urine test strips are not accurate, and the best way would be to check your blood ketones using a ketone monitor.

And just be a bit careful of seeds and nut, as they could have inflammatory anti-nutrients. For some delicious recipes, check out the Keto Recipes thread.

Angela said:
I wanted to add that the videos are a big help. Part of the reason I veered away from keto before is because my significant other was scared of the way I was eating, and there really was no way to talk him out of it. Last night I was watching the first video in this thread, and he could hear it too. I think that it really piqued his interest. The part about the endurance athletes really made his ears perk up!

Perhaps he will want to give it a go once he sees the benefits from me doing it.

It's interesting you mention this, as I am in a similar situation and my husband watched the same video - As he was a competitive martial artist in the past he was intrigued by the claims about the athletes and did more research into this claim specifically the example Jeff Volek uses - Timothy Olson.

It is a little misleading for him to say that these athletes don't use gels or power drinks - as if you read Mr Olsons website, he even promotes one of these gels and explains in depth his processes before and during his races. He mentions that during his 100mile race, he even drinks some coke to get some much needed caffeine and to settle his stomach -
The gel (example including ingredients) _vfuel.com/shop-product/17/Peach+Cobbler.html
_www.timothyallenolson.com/2014/03/06/transgrancanaria-125k-artist/

Naturally this is very different to the average person doing a ketogenic diet - these athletes have hugely different requirements for their diets.

Back
Top Bottom