Keto Cheesecake

RedFox

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I've gone through a few iterations on this and think it's reached a good point - it's keto and inflammatory friendly! :cool2:

Using a 9 inch cake dish, this can serve 12 people (or 8 if you want an extra big slice).

Ingredients (base) - could be replaced with a pork rind flour base

1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup amaranth flour (or something similar)
50g salted butter
2 table spoons of xylotol
1 egg
1 tea spoon of apple cider vinegar
1 table spoon of water

Method (base)

Mix the flours and xylotol in a bowl.
Add the butter and chop/mix in, I tend to use my hands to squish the butter into the flour. After a few minutes the mixture will become a bit softer.
Add the egg, water and apple cider vinager and mix thoroughly. Form into a ball, cover and let sit in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Grease the cake tin with a little butter. You should be able to roll the dough at this point, but I tend to just loosely press it into shape in the tin.
Bake in a preheated over on 180oC for 10-20 minutes depending on how crisp you want it.
Remove from the over, set aside on a rack to cool.

Ingredients (middle)

11 egg yokes
1 level table spoon of xylotol
500g unsalted butter
Gelatin (enough to set 1 pint of water)
500ml water
1/4 cup of tapioca flour
Large pinch of salt

For a slightly sour/tart cheesecake (i.e. cream cheese style)
2 tea spoons of malic acid powder
1 tea spoon of vitamin c powder

For a slightly more cheesey flavour
2 tea spoons of choline bitartrate powder

Method (middle)

Separate the eggs yokes.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan on a low heat.
Fill a sink with cold water so that the large saucepan can sit in it without getting water in.
In a smaller saucepan add 250ml of boiling water, stir in the xylotol and gelatine, once thoroughly mixed add to the fully melted butter.

Stir it mixes (I tend to do this by eye, but for those that prefer temperatures it needs to be over 50oC).
Remove from the heat, drizzle in the egg yokes whilst whisking (hand whisk preferably). Place back on the heat (slowly raise the temperature) and whisk until it starts to thicken/change colour (around 70oC?) - whisk like this for a few minutes. If it starts to boil/separate take it off the heat and place in the sink of cold water, whisk forcefully for a minute or two. Place saucepan to one side.

In a small saucepan add the flour, salt, any flavoring of your choice, and 250ml of boiling water. Stir rapidly and heat very gently until it becomes a paste, remove from the heat. Keep stirring as it thickens for a minute or two more.
Add the paste to the fat bomb mix, and stir until you can stir smoothly. Place the saucepan in the sink and whisk at a moderate speed until the mixture is near room temperature.

The pastry base/cake tin should be cool enough to add the mixture to it now. Place in the freezer if you want to add the topping quickly (will take around 20 minutes to set firm enough - don't freeze it!), or the fridge if you have a bit more time (about an hour and half to set firm enough).

Ingredients (topping)

2 cup berries
1 level table spoon xylotol
400ml water
Gelatin (enough to set 1 pint)

In a saucepan place the berries and water. Bring to a gentle simmer and stir occasionally for 15 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the xylotol and gelatin thoroughly.

The cheesecake should be firm to the touch, pour on the topping. Topping should be set firm within an hour and half in the fridge.
The center will need an hour or two to balance the flour/moisture.

Carbs/fat

Total carbs:
1/2 cup tapioca flour: 52g carbs
1/2 cup amaranth flour: 40g carbs
4 table spoons xyltol: 10g carbs
2 cups of berries: 34g carbs (depending on berries - I used a black forest berry mix)

= 137g carbs

Total fat:
550g butter: 451g fat
11 yokes: 50g fat
1 egg: 5g fat

= 506g fat

Sliced into 12 = 11g carbs, 42g fat
Sliced into 8 = 17g carbs, 63g fat

Enjoy! :D

Attachments

• cheesecake v2.jpg
    cheesecake v2.jpg
    599.9 KB · Views: 566
  • cheesecake v2 slice.jpg
    cheesecake v2 slice.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 542
  • cheesecake v2a.jpg
    cheesecake v2a.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 516
  • cheesecake slice v2a.jpg
    cheesecake slice v2a.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 516
Thanks for putting the recipe up RedFox, we will be trying this out soon enough.

This cheesecake really was delicious :rolleyes:

hello RedFox:

this looks great, I will try it really soon, thanks for uploading this recipe :perfect:.

Wow! Looks very tasty! Hope the flours will be aqcuired soon and I'll try to cook this miracle. Thanks for the recipe RedFox :flowers:

:jawdrop: Holy scrumptiousness Batman! That looks amazing! Way to go Redfox!

Oh Yummo, looks Devine ! Thanks Redfox, my mum will be here on the weekend so I'll give it a whirl.

I've made bases using coconut flour and desiccated coconut. Can't give exact measurements because I just add stuff til I get a press-able texture that holds together, but something like this.

1 cup fine desiccated coconut
1/4 cup coconut flour
125g butter/coconut oil/lard
1 egg
Tablespoon of erythritol/xylitol
Salt

Adjust ingredients as required (sorry I don't have exact measurements) I usually start with wet ingredients and add dry ones til right consistency. Press in greased/paper lined dish. Bake til golden.

Using erythritol will save on the carbs a bit so you can have a bigger slice if you're a little piggy like me ;)

A Jay said:
:jawdrop: Holy scrumptiousness Batman! That looks amazing! Way to go Redfox!

Thank you for sharing Redfox, it really does look amazing. We've a couple of birthdays coming up soon, so I may give this recipe a try.

Wow, that looks awesome! I'm going to play with this, try it with stevia or stevia/xylitol mix. Also have to try making the pork rind flour. That should bring the carbs down even lower. Can't wait to try it with different berries - especially after the ones in my orchard are ready to pick. Thanks for this great recipe! The photos look like a traditional cheesecake.

Keyhole said:
Do you mind if me and thorn make a video tutorial Redfox? :D

Go for it! :)

I havn't tried it yet, but others have suggested adding lemon juice to make it more of a cream cheese taste too.

RedFox said:
Keyhole said:
Do you mind if me and thorn make a video tutorial Redfox? :D

Go for it! :)

I havn't tried it yet, but others have suggested adding lemon juice to make it more of a cream cheese taste too.

I'm so going to make this! and yes please a video would be nice!

I finally got round to making the cheesecake for Keyhole's birthday, it turned out to be delicious :love:, thank you for the recipe Redfox!!

I just made two adjustments:-

1. I added about 2-3 drops of stevia to the middle. To the base I added a little extra butter-about 5g and extra pinch of salt.

2. I melted the butter before adding it to the flour and put the flour and melted butter in a food processor rather than mixing it by hand. I found that the melted butter worked best for me, as there was no clumps of butter left and all the flour was mixed in thoroughly.

Oh and one mistake I made was that I put the berry jelly mix onto the cheesecake when the berry mix was piping/boiling hot. The fat in th cheesecake started to melt and go into the berry mix, I quickly scraped it off and waited for it to cool, then put it back on which seemed to save it.
So I would reiterate Redfox's tip to take the berry mix off the heat when the gelatin is thoroughly mixed and also let it cool down to maybe room temp?

24o81h3.jpg

Delicious!!!

Back
Top Bottom